Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cleo Abston would have just been released in the past year or so, right?, from serving his 20 years without parole? And he … does this again? Unbelievable.
Damn.

I said last night I was getting Reagan Tokes vibes. Woman alone abducted off street, perpetrator trolling in a downtown area near college campus. That's not much to go on, don't know why I got those vibes, but I did.

But now that the abductor has been identified some of the other correlations are kind of creepy:

**In both cases perpetrator was a different race from victim. Most perpetrators target victims of their own race.
**In both cases the abductor had committed a prior abduction, had served time for it, and had been released from prison within the last few months/years.
** Reagan's abductor made her withdraw funds from several ATMs, just as this suspect seems to have done in his prior case.

I agree, but maybe he took jobs like this as a means to scout out potential future theft/robberies?
States differ, but many have post-release supervision, which would involve having to report in to an officer of the court about things like his progress in finding and keeping a job. It looks like Tennessee has various different types of post-release supervision with conditions imposed by a judge.

How incredibly sad this is.

Eliza, a mother of two, a teacher, a niece, a sister, a wife, a daughter, a granddaughter, a philanthropist, a friend, a beautiful blessing to many, a gracious and loving godly woman, gone way too soon (the writing is on the wall, moo).

My heart breaks for her family, especially for her children.

If he noticed her phone he wouldn’t necessarily need to worry about a bank card.

Maybe not everyone has their bank cards in their e-wallet, but he may have counted on it. Or just a forced Venmo transfer… (which would be stupid, but that’s not really a question up for debate anyway )
Scary thought ho
I think his sentence was done, or if not, it was close enough that he was eligible for the ridiculous covid early releases that many prisons did.
someone earlier mentioned he had to do 85% of his sentence under those terms, which apparently equates to the 2020 release.

Question for those who follow these cases regularly - what's the likelihood of a perp being arrested and the victim being found alive after the fact? Are there examples of that happening? If so, what were the circumstances in other cases?
I think it's rare that victims are found alive after being abducted, especially by a stranger. If they are held captive there is a greater chance of surviving. Those are the only cases I know of where the victims escaped.

@BriaJonesTV

NEW DETAILS Police used DNA from shoes at the scene to identify Cleotha Abston as a suspect in #ElizaFletcher abduction His brother told officers he acting “strange”
He was seen washing his clothes in the sink & cleaning the interior of his GMC Terrain
@3onyoursi

Ugh, that's a really awful sign of things to come.

Question for those who follow these cases regularly - what's the likelihood of a perp being arrested and the victim being found alive after the fact? Are there examples of that happening? If so, what were the circumstances in other cases?
That’s a great question. My mind went to Jayme Closs, Hannah Anderson, Kala Brown, Elizabeth Thomas, the 3 girls in Cleveland. But I believe all were found prior to, or at the same time, as the abductor was captured. Not after.

I hope someone finds a case where an abductor was captured, and victim later found alive. None come to mind, which leaves little room for hope here.

jmo

@BriaJonesTV

NEW DETAILS Police used DNA from shoes at the scene to identify Cleotha Abston as a suspect in #ElizaFletcher abduction His brother told officers he acting “strange”
He was seen washing his clothes in the sink & cleaning the interior of his GMC Terrain
@3onyoursi
For a guy who spent most of the last nearly 20 years in prison, "acting strange" would have to be pretty darn strange.

I think friends/relatives who have access changed some of the settings, I have seen it before and I wouldn’t be surprised.

Until I see some confirmation I really don’t think they’ll be her clothes, and unfortunately I do not believe she will be found alive unless they do have any evidence of ransom attempt, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed but we all know how likely that is :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela