Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How was he able to post on Facebook while still in jail?
I don’t know. I suggested he was using a prison email system but another poster clarified that is only available to federal prisoners. Maybe he talked to people during visits or phone calls and told them what to post. Maybe he had an illegal phone. Not sure. Maybe it’s a fake.

Did I read in Thread #1 that another woman was being tailed in this area within the last week or so?

JMVHO.
I heard a reporter ask in that small presser in the beginning, if this could be related to the harassing of the cross country team. LE said no connection at the time, but now I’m not so sure. JMO.

Actually the article does say "waiting":
"According to police records, “As the abduction was violent with, as captured on video, the suspect waiting for, then rushing toward the victim, then forcing the victim into the vehicle, where she was confined and removed and continues to be missing, it is believed and supported by the facts and physical evidence that she suffered serious injury. Further, it is probable and apparent from witness statements that these injuries left evidence, e.g. blood, in the vehicle that the Defendant cleaned.

This does not sound good at all. Prayers they find her.

If she was killed shortly after abduction what was the point of the crime, simply hate?

Any records showing atm card used?

My guess? Sexual assault, murder, disposal. It doesn’t have to take long. MOO

@morty4185 I agree with @crussell821. It's probably goin to be SA and dump the body type thing. No other reason for him to do that & my guess is that both happened right in the vehicle.

I don’t know if anyone noticed this. I found it some time ago, but was waiting for an approved article. Mike Keeney (Liza’s uncle who spoke on behalf of the family) and Kemper Durand (the victim of the 2000 kidnapping) worked for the same law firm.

Not likely to be anything significant in that, just made me think it’s probably a lot smaller community than I’d imagined

Wondering if the cleaning service is employed by Kemper and Durand??

JMVHO.

Last edited:
What is this Lakes at Ridgeway Apartments? I thought Mario Abston (brother) apartment is 1765 S. Orleans St., which is Longview Apartments (not good neighborhood a few minutes south of downtown Memphis). Lakes at Ridgeway is different/nicer.

Anyone local know where this is? They have their boat and ATVs trailered and ready.
They said it was Pine Hill Community Center. It is usually closed on Sunday so they’re probably using it a a coomandstaging center. It is near a golf course, some wooded areas, but don’t see water right in the immediate vicinity where they would put in that boat.

Attachments

• CCA6B2A4-07FC-47A4-9C65-AA507BF0CB2A.jpeg
    CCA6B2A4-07FC-47A4-9C65-AA507BF0CB2A.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 6
I don’t know. I suggested he was using a prison email system but another poster clarified that is only available to federal prisoners. Maybe he talked to people during visits or phone calls and told them what to post. Maybe he had an illegal phone. Not sure. Maybe it’s a fake.
FWIW, his facebook account shows a selfie taken in a mirror, with a phone clearly visible, in what looks like prison -- so I would guess someone gave him a phone. My husband's friend worked in the prison system and said that phones are pretty common. I don't know why they aren't confiscated, but I think prison is a lot different from what most of us imagine.

I was also thinking that it happened quickly.

It also said in the affidavit that his cell phone history shows the phone was in the area of the abduction at the same time. Since that was not his vehicle was not his, I wonder if there is any tracking that LE can use to trace his route. I was hoping that when LE caught this guy he would be the polar opposite of a criminal mastermind. Sounds like I might get my wish. He appears to be a real life version of Pinky as in Pinky and The Brain.
I think his phone is going to lead them to her body, and I really don't think it's going to take a long time.

Yes very interesting and infuriating at the same time.
Where is Eliza???
Why isn't he talking since he has to know it was a CODIS DNA hit that led to him by now.
I guess he's going by "no body no crime" logic which is stupid and not true anymore.
Crime of opportunity? Is there more to this? I mean there was that report saying "abductors" plural. Possibly just a misprint/mistake.
Really still thinking this may be deeper than just this creep. As in how did he know her jogging route/routine if he did? Thinking outloud as usual, and really keeping Eliza's family in my thoughts.
We want answers ASAP.
Chi

Last edited:
They said it was Pine Hill Community Center. It is usually closed on Sunday so they’re probably using it a a coomandstaging center. It is near a golf course, some wooded areas, but don’t see water right in the immediate vicinity where they would put in that boat.
there's a body of water a short drive away

I think he abducted her around 4:20 am per the camera footage.

I am trying to figure out why he dumped evidence in a dumpster near Mario’s house. Was he hoping to frame him?
i think he just went there to clean up. The affidavit says he lives at the home where the utilities were in a woman’s name (GB), the same woman who owns the car.

Maybe GB is his girlfriend?
Whatever the relationship, I am guessing he was thinking he could hide from GB the fact that he abducted a lady and assaulted her by stopping off at his brothers place to clean his clothes and GB’s car afterward.

What an absolute sorry excuse for a human being.

What is this Lakes at Ridgeway Apartments? I thought Mario Abston (brother) apartment is 1765 S. Orleans St., which is Longview Apartments (not good neighborhood a few minutes south of downtown Memphis). Lakes at Ridgeway is different/nicer.
That is where the vehicle was located, and I believe where he resided at some point. The owner of the vehicle who was named in the affidavit has lived at that address as well.

I think his phone is going to lead them to her body, and I really don't think it's going to take a long time.
I guess if he was careless enough to leave his shoe at the abduction site and wash his bloody clothes at his brother's place then he's careless enough to leave his phone ( and location services) on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat