Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I read that items were given to University officer? I am very curious to know if friends were already out looking for her.

Here’s a few snippets from earlier news reports about Eliza’s belongings being found.

“Fletcher’s personal items were found, but she did not returned home, police said. A family friend told WREG her phone was found in the area, which is when authorities were alerted.”

Eliza Fletcher: What we know so far

“At about 6:45 a.m., a citizen on a bike found her cellphone and a pair of Champion slides sandals lying in the street in the same area.”

Eliza ‘Liza’ Fletcher Abducted: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

“Memphis Police tell Fox News Digital they received two calls around 7:45 a.m., one from Fletcher's husband Richard Fletcher III and one of the University. They found some of her belongings at the scene and were told that a male approached Fletcher and forced her into a dark SUV after a struggle.”

Who is Eliza Fletcher? Memphis teacher abducted during morning jog | Fox News

Yeah, no one has seen the video. It could show him beating her or Tennessee may include causing bleeding as serious harm and they found her blood in the car. I have not delved into that because I think we are going to see some big (but sad) developments over the next couple of days. MPD is really on their game. For you locals, I don't know if this is typical but from the outside looking in they are doing an outstanding job. Very professional. I am still frustrated by their lack of communication but that is secondary.
“Lack of communication” @RunWithTheWild stated she worked in News and this can mean they are getting close and being quiet to preserve all evidence (or something to that effect!) I understood it to be a good sign.

“Lack of communication” - New member @RunWithTheWild stated she worked in News and this can mean they are getting close and being quiet to preserve all evidence (or something to that effect!) I understood it to be a good sign.
Wasn't it Saturday we saying the same thing because it was so quiet? Boom - he was arrested

It depends on her overall pacing for the long run and if it was an out and back route vs. a loop. The location was 4.4 miles from home, but maybe she ran 5 miles and turned around, meaning she was at mile 5.6 when the incident happened. Attack happens ~30 minutes into run, she’s running 5:21 pace per online pace calculators. On the other hand, if she was taking it a bit slower in her run and just hit 4.4 at time of attack, she’s going 6:49 pace.

That’s a 1 hr 6 minute for 10 miles vs a faster 53 minutes if she’s sustaining pace/not working on tempo
Not meaning to be argumentative, as I value seeing runners commenting here and welcome you! But 5:21 pace is simply not possible, even for an excellent runner like Liza. Running that pace full-out for 8 miles would put her marathon equivalent time at about 2:30. She is just under a 3:30 marathoner.

6:49 is more reasonable, putting her marathon time about 3:12. I would still say she must have left before 4 a.m. because crossing streets, running more than 8 miles total, heat, humidity and the fact that she wasn’t racing all add to that pace.

These are little details I love to mess with for my own workouts, so please forgive my nitpicking and please keep sharing your excellent posts. I hope Liza comes home today. I’m so sad for her loved ones.

Yes, a very strong runner, though not necessarily an elite athlete. I've known several mere mortals who've qualified and run in the race.
Just for comparison, I'm a (non-Boston-qualifying... yet) marathon runner and one of the first things I noted about Liza is that if the height/weight listed for her is true, we are the exact same size and both moms of two. My ex-husband was a domestic abuser and while I certainly could have outrun him, given the chance, once he had me I never once was able to successfully defend myself or fight him off. He's not a big guy, either, and while he hit the gym several times a week, these weren't frequent, intense prison workouts like I'm sure CA was doing. Based on my experience, I just don't think endurance running fitness is much good for defending oneself against a violent man. I believe we also heard that Liza was probably threatened with a weapon, right? My ex didn't do this, but he would take my keys, credit card and phone, or grab the baby whom he knew I wouldn't leave without, or use sympathy to manipulate me, and once he had me cornered or pinned, I was toast. I just don't think Liza's running prowess gave her any protection in this attack.

ETA: I know folks are more trying to figure out her pace, but I just thought my experience could be helpful in determining how such a strong athlete was quickly overcome. Also, 4:30 am... could this guy have been on meth, steroids, cociane... All make you super aggressive and energetic.

I am so sad to wake up this morning and see she hasn't been found. I know finding her alive is an infinitesimally tiny chance given what we know, but either way, her loving family deserves to have her back. Please Universe, let today be the day! #JusticeForLiza

Sure. But do you pay attention to the judges who are allowing rapists and murderers to go free? It’s a free for all in this country. We no longer have an order of law.

I’m in court every single day so yes, I do. However, it’s the legislature’s fault for passing the laws they do, setting the bail schedules they do, and restricting us to the confines of the laws they pass.

Not meaning to be argumentative, as I value seeing runners commenting here and welcome you! But 5:21 pace is simply not possible, even for an excellent runner like Liza. Running that pace full-out for 8 miles would put her marathon equivalent time at about 2:30. She is just under a 3:30 marathoner.

6:49 is more reasonable, putting her marathon time about 3:12. I would still say she must have left before 4 a.m. because crossing streets, running more than 8 miles total, heat, humidity and the fact that she wasn’t racing all add to that pace.

These are little details I love to mess with for my own workouts, so please forgive my nitpicking and please keep sharing your excellent posts. I hope Liza comes home today. I’m so sad for her loved ones.
Not argumentative at all!! I didn’t know her marathon pace until after I posted, and I’m frankly just now taking my own running this seriously (training for my second half marathon next month). And nice to see another runner :)

Definitely lean toward 6:49 pace which makes sense earlier on in her run. Husband said she left at 4 am, but she also could’ve taken longer to get ready, done a warm up before starting her working miles.

I echo your hope, especially with more people being active today/being out in the water ways. Hopefully she turns up soon for her family’s sake.

Do you know kind of watch she is wearing in this picture? Why would she wear her watch and carry a phone?
Addressed a bit upthread, but my preference for running data is a Garmin-type watch. I cannot communicate using my watch, so on longer runs I also carry my phone to place a call or stop and pay for a water, if I need to.

Assuming everything we have heard from LE is provable in court, there are 3 possibilities:

1) The victim is found deceased and the perp may get the death penalty
2) The perp gives up her location and gets life in prison in a plea deal
3) No body is found and the perp is convicted of kidnapping alone and gets out of jail in 25 years or so.

In this case, the only chance of the perp walking the streets again is to keep quiet. And that is likely what he will do.
I dunno. Would his sentence be more weighted due to his previous felony conviction. Also, *IF* that pending felony theft charge is correct (I'm debating whether it is) that would make 3 felonies, at least, if convicted on all of them.

I think Tennessee has a 3 strike law.

When he appears in court tomorrow (Tuesday), will the judge that is presiding be the same judge who decided to give him a $500,000, 10%, $50,000 bond? Do I have the terms correct? Is that the maximum level the law allows? If not, IMO there is something very wrong with the law or the judge or both. I’m saying this more graciously than I would like to.

Reactions: IDK
Just for comparison, I'm a (non-Boston-qualifying... yet) marathon runner and one of the first things I noted about Liza is that if the height/weight listed for her is true, we are the exact same size and both moms of two. My ex-husband was a domestic abuser and while I certainly could have outrun him, given the chance, once he had me I never once was able to successfully defend myself or fight him off. He's not a big guy, either, and while he hit the gym several times a week, these weren't frequent, intense prison workouts like I'm sure CA was doing. Based on my experience, I just don't think endurance running fitness is much good for defending oneself against a violent man. I believe we also heard that Liza was probably threatened with a weapon, right? My ex didn't do this, but he would take my keys, credit card and phone, or grab the baby whom he knew I wouldn't leave without, or use sympathy to manipulate me, and once he had me cornered or pinned, I was toast. I just don't think Liza's running prowess gave her any protection in this attack.

ETA: I know folks are more trying to figure out her pace, but I just thought my experience could be helpful in determining how such a strong athlete was quickly overcome. Also, 4:30 am... could this guy have been on meth, steroids, cociane... All make you super aggressive and energetic.

I am so sad to wake up this morning and see she hasn't been found. I know finding her alive is an infinitesimally tiny chance given what we know, but either way, her loving family deserves to have her back. Please Universe, let today be the day! #JusticeForLiza
Thank you for sharing this personal insight, and I’m so sorry for your experience.

Violent men will stop at nothing to get what they want. Unfortunately, I don’t think EF had much of a chance trying to escape/outrun someone fueled by adrenaline, drugs, what have you. My pace discussion wasn’t anything other than looking at details.

Joining you in hoping she’s found soon to help her family get some sort of closure.

WREG reporting UPDATE: Memphis Police have confiscated the dumpster outside Abston’s brother’s apartment complex
This occurred yesterday, not a new development.
I was just going to ask the same thing. Has it been confirmed that Eliza's clothing has been found? If so, where?
No, people just keep repeating this rumor and it’s NOT been confirmed by LE as of yet.

Hope you feel better soon. MSM reported what people were saying. LE did not confirm.

A woman shared photos showing crime scene tape near a Family Dollar and McDonald’s restaurant and claimed a McDonald’s employee told them clothes were found in a dumpster. However, authorities have not confirmed the latter information.

Why would he dump her clothes separately from her? I realize they would be removed for SA but if he say threw her in the river, why not throw her clothes with her? I know there is little hope but maybe he is holding her somewhere and he took her clothes to discourage her from running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier