Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very strong feeling that’s what’s happened. These law enforcement officers have worked their butts off to find her!

I’m so saddened though. Praying for the family.
It is so sad, if it is what it looks like, at least her earthly remains will be found and treated with care and respect from here on out.

Random question for the seasoned WS members:

Would they ever ask him to show them where he left her? Bring him handcuffed to an area?

I ask because long, long ago I was at an ATM in North Carolina, two men approached me and one jumped in the car with the person that was driving. The one next to me held a gun to my head and demanded money. Then I heard gunshots from the car. Luckily, so did an off duty ATF officer at a close by traffic light. He pulled in (it was around 22:30) and jumped out of his car with a weapon drawn. They ran etc. I did have three gunshot holes in the dashboard of my car. They did not hurt anyone. When the detective came to show me line up photos I was able to pick them out. Turns out, the night before they killed a blind man and his guide dog for $11.00! Long night and long story but they did drive me around in the back of a cruiser and ask me if any of 6 people; in a variety of locations looked like the perps. I felt at the time it was odd but I was so shaken and so young!

Long way to ask and that was 30 years ago, but maybe, just maybe CA agreed to give them her location. I can only hope she is found for the family and loved ones of this young lady.

So this would be near the 1700 block of Orleans per the arrest affidavit?
@KSolomonReports
Police are focused on this area just walking distance away from #CleothaAbston’s brother’s home in south Memphis. The streets blocked off include Dison, Person, and S Orleans. This is the same wooded area we observed the search yesterday. @FOX13Memphis

@BriaJonesTV
The MPD Command Center has moved here near Marjorie & Person. This is VERY close to where a dumpster was towed from outside #CleoAbston’s brother’s apartment yesterday morning.

Agree. He’s not bright. But remember, he’d heen incarcerated during a period of fantastic technology growth. So he’s astute enough to realize there’s a camera in a theatre, but not enough to assume there are cameras in the front of most houses and buildings On any given street.

And, he had just gotten off work early in the wee hrs of morning, had the wallet he stole, feeling pretty good about life. Didn’t give cameras or identifying technology any thought when he saw a victim he could physically overtake.

He has been free for 2 years so I highly doubt he lived in a bubble. You don’t have to be a genius to notice CCTV cameras at every junction or mall or shop.

I'm looking at a map now. Chestnut St. is pretty small - just a few blocks long and connects to both Victor and Chestnut. I did a street view and it looks like it's likely they're turning onto Victor/Peterson.

Yep, it looks like the corner of Chestnut/Victor here Google Maps in comparison to this -

Victor leads to Person Ave, if you turn right it leads out to an area with trees and a couple cemeteries.

Last edited:
Random question for the seasoned WS members:

Would they ever ask him to show them where he left her? Bring him handcuffed to an area?

I ask because long, long ago I was at an ATM in North Carolina, two men approached me and one jumped in the car with the person that was driving. The one next to me held a gun to my head and demanded money. Then I heard gunshots from the car. Luckily, so did an off duty ATF officer at a close by traffic light. He pulled in (it was around 22:30) and jumped out of his car with a weapon drawn. They ran etc. I did have three gunshot holes in the dashboard of my car. They did not hurt anyone. When the detective came to show me line up photos I was able to pick them out. Turns out, the night before they killed a blind man and his guide dog for $11.00! Long night and long story but they did drive me around in the back of a cruiser and ask me if any of 6 people; in a variety of locations looked like the perps. I felt at the time it was odd but I was so shaken and so young!

Long way to ask and that was 30 years ago, but maybe, just maybe CA agreed to give them her location. I can only hope she is found for the family and loved ones of this young lady.
Of course. It appears they did ask him where she was, and he refused to cooperate.

They'll bring suspects to a location if necessary, but sometimes it's as easy as them just saying where a victim is.

@KSolomonReports
Police are focused on this area just walking distance away from #CleothaAbston’s brother’s home in south Memphis. The streets blocked off include Dison, Person, and S Orleans. This is the same wooded area we observed the search yesterday. @FOX13Memphis

@BriaJonesTV
The MPD Command Center has moved here near Marjorie & Person. This is VERY close to where a dumpster was towed from outside #CleoAbston’s brother’s apartment yesterday morning.

I was going to write he surely wouldn’t be so stupid to dump a body so close to his brothers home but then looking at what he has so far done he isn’t exactly mr bright.

I just hope this is it and they have found Eliza. The family needs this to happen. I just can’t imagine what they are going through. I can’t stop thinking of Eliza’s children. Those poor little boys.

I was going to write he surely wouldn’t be so stupid to dump a body so close to his brothers home but then looking at what he has so far done he isn’t exactly mr bright.
I’ve actually thought for a couple days that is exactly what he did—left her close to the brother’s apartment. I thought they would find her more quickly. But, they are doing the best they can. I too don’t feel he’s very bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper