Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. When I picture an abandoned building in cases like this, I picture a huge building and still think it would be easy for someone to find the person in. But this house is very small and right next to another house. That would be an interesting choice of place…

Yes, thinking about it more— I don’t think that’s the one. It’s way too close to the neighbors. The neighbors would have heard someone pulling up at 5 am or whatever time he got there. Doesn’t seem to even have a driveway so he would have had to park in the street.

Along these same lines….if she is in a house / structure vs. out in the elements (woods, water, buried outside, etc), is her body more likely to be in better shape (forensically speaking)? I’m sure it’s still hot in a building, but less scavenger activity, I would think? Knowing she was a true crime podcast fan, I have to think she would do everything in her power to leave forensic evidence behind. I know I would.

I haven’t heard anything conclusive, but some of us thought that his mugshot showed scratches under his right eye... DNA under her fingernails might tell the story. Frankly—if this is her body that they found, I’d bet that they have enough evidence to convict him ten times over.

I had originally seen the 1666 house, but if you navigate to the one next door, 1662, it really does look abandoned. I wasn’t able to screenshot it. It’s completely overgrown with bushes and trash bags out side.

Change the date on the streetview and you can see it

I had originally seen the 1666 house, but if you navigate to the one next door, 1662, it really does look abandoned. I wasn’t able to screenshot it. It’s completely overgrown with bushes and trash bags out side.
Here is 1662 on Google Maps:

Attachments

• F25CC640-35EC-4667-9B4F-B52424C109E6.jpeg
    F25CC640-35EC-4667-9B4F-B52424C109E6.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 165
He was not on parole. He served his time and was on unconditional release. This is actually an argument for parole in my opinion - so the state can monitor inmates released for a few years to make sure they transition effectively.

The problem is—I don’t think that this type of a person can be monitored. I think that if they’d released him earlier, there’d just have been someone else murdered a few years earlier.

Now, if there was a rule that even someone who’d served a full sentence had to spend extra time being monitored on parole....

1666 Victor Street, the house below is 1662 Victor Street. <modsnip>

1662431356140.png

1662431373834.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope we don’t learn what was done (physically) to her, especially in detail. IMO she deserves dignity even after her death.
IMO she was as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. A true and rare beauty.
My heart is breaking for her family.

While I am not a fan of gore (real life or fantasy), I think it is important to note that whatever happened to her will never take her dignity. This man may have done whatever to her and harmed her in most inhumane ways but her dignity is intact. The actions toward a survivor or victim of a crime say nothing about the person but everything about the perpetrator. Just as with other murder victims if it takes having a full account in court to insure that he will never walk the streets or faces the ultimate penalty then that should happen. Her family may wish to be spared the details of this crime and I would not blame them. It will be up to them and the DA to determine if any deal is cut. I am sure that unspeakable things probably happened to Eliza but she does have her dignity and the details of this crime will never erase that. JMHO.

He was not on parole. He served his time and was on unconditional release. This is actually an argument for parole in my opinion - so the state can monitor inmates released for a few years to make sure they transition effectively.
With a history like his I agree! I wish we knew what his record in prison was like.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
3 is when I’ve caught it in preschool.
And welcome to Websleuths!
On DailyMail, CA's uncle, who married into the family (not blood related), described that side of the family as nuts and 100% believe CA committed this crime. He also said CA's mother is currently in hiding since the news broke.

<modsnip>

Also I haven't seen why the affadavit lists CA's last name as Henderson in parenthesis. It seems like there are 3 people with the same last name (Abston) who have been convicted of several different crimes.

Since he started committing crimes as early as 12 (that he was caught with), it seems like he had no hope. I can't imagine someone like this being I'm jail with good behavior, knowing what a monster he is. Life in jail is what he's known for all of his adult life. He likely wanted to go back.

Today I created an account to post here. It's amazing the amount of work and no BS (well minimal) is on this site. So glad I found it and you people to discuss with.

Last edited:
While I am not a fan of gore (real life or fantasy), I think it is important to note that whatever happened to her will never take her dignity. This man may have done whatever to her and harmed her in most inhumane ways but her dignity is intact. The actions toward a survivor or victim of a crime say nothing about the person but everything about the perpetrator. Just as with other murder victims if it takes having a full account in court to insure that he will never walk the streets or faces the ultimate penalty then that should happen. Her family may wish to be spared the details of this crime and I would not blame them. It will be up to them and the DA to determine if any deal is cut. I am sure that unspeakable things probably happened to Eliza but she does have her dignity and the details of this crime will never erase that. JMHO.
Liza had a strong faith in God, and I'm guessing that was her go to when she was afraid. As you say, she had her dignity.

This has been completely heartbreaking to follow, and this is the first time I've followed a crime in this manner. I grew up in Memphis nearby where the abduction took place, and like everyone else had hoped for the best, but there was so much useful information and insights provided on this forum- it's been helpful in a lot of ways.

In terms of the timeline and the fact that he didn't bury EF, I find myself wondering what he would have been doing throughout the 3 ish hour timeframe from abducting EF to showing up at his brother's if she had went in those 4 moments directly following the abduction. 4:30 to nearly 8am, I believe? Since CA didn't spend that time to go out into the woods etc. But then it kind of gets worse going down that path. Her poor family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks