Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local action news 5 is reporting the body not confirmed yet to be Eliza’s was found at 1600 victor and chestnut

Attachments

• 55BA14A8-CF58-4155-9F51-C06E671F10D9.png
    55BA14A8-CF58-4155-9F51-C06E671F10D9.png
    359 KB · Views: 27
There’s what looks like a satellite dish on 1662. Makes me wonder if the house was still occupied even though it doesn’t look like it.

I think we have all see blighted neighborhoods. I wanted to note that the people who live in these homes may be very good people who may not have the time or wherewithal to focus on the outside. The buildings may be rundown but that does not mean that these folks don't have pride and gratitude for living in their homes. JMHO.

I realize nothing has been confirmed, but the area we are looking at is near Victor and Persons. I went to the GIS for Shelby County. This is a view of the woods just across from 1666 Victor. What is in the area I have circled? Anyone know?

View attachment 364508
A homeless person's grocery cartful of stuff? Just a guess, by the blurry looks of it.

Ted Bundy hit his victims in the head, but he didn't kill them. They were temporarily knocked out. I don't think the suspect would go to so much trouble to be a necrophiliac.

Please add info ... when did he get off work?
When did he steal the wallet (stealing $900)

4:00 AM went for her usual run, usual route
4:20 AM approached by unknown person near 3879 Central Avenue
6:45 AM cyclist discovers suspect's footwear on road
6:45 AM Liza's phone and water bottle found in front of house near footwear
7:00 AM husband reported his wife missing from his home
7:45 AM university police and husband report Liza missing, police at location

View attachment 364502
That's a good point. So it would be more likely that he would have hoped to keep her alive in the aftermath. And the longer amount of time between abduction and showing up could potentially support that. Ugh :(((

FYI Carr street is EF's home--not CA's or the brothers. It is my understanding that was training for marathon and had run 5 miles over to U of M campus. The brother's home where CA washed his clothes/showed up was 1765 Orleans Street. Which is only 15 mins from site of abduction.

Also, we don't know that CA was working the night he hurt Liza, right? We just know he had worked late a prior night when he committed theft- right? Maybe employer didn't know about September 1 incident yet to fire him.

It's 10:45 PM here on the East Coast, so I guess 9:45 in Memphis? I've been waiting, as have we all, to see if a confirmation will be made tonight about this being Eliza.

I'm guessing at this time we won't hear anything further tonight.

<modsnip: Do not discuss rumors>

Two little boys that in a few years will realize that whatever variation they'll hear about how "Mommy lives right here, in your hearts" is due to the fact that some lowlife who couldn't keep it together for five consecutive minutes is the reason Mommy is gone.

I wish Eliza's parents strength. They don't look like they can bear it. I wish strength for her brother. I wish strength and some future happiness for the husband down the road.

I wish for the boys that when they grow up, they'll have each found a way to take this pain and make good lives for themselves. Grow up to be two of the good guys.

Eliza, I hope your impact in 34 years was enough to make your time on Earth worthwhile.

Wonderful post.

I realize nothing has been confirmed, but the area we are looking at is near Victor and Persons. I went to the GIS for Shelby County. This is a view of the woods just across from 1666 Victor. What is in the area I have circled? Anyone know?

View attachment 364508
It looks like the roof is missing and what you’re seeing is the exposed framing. * editing to add I checked google street view and this is correct, it’s a very old house that is falling down without a roof and you can see the exposed structure.

Last edited:
Another local posted a video of the drive down Central approaching Zach Curlin on the Find Eliza FB page. You can see that the area is well lit until you get to the dark intersection where she was abducted. Gave me absolute chills.

I just spent the past 2 hours going over video trying to find out what part of the neighborhood LE and crime unit were concentrated at. I looked at the houses in the video and I could not find the same houses at the 1600 block of Victor St, where they found Eliza. Were they stationed in a completely different part of the neighborhood? Is there something else in that neighborhood they were investigating related to Eliza’s case?

That's a good point. So it would be more likely that he would have hoped to keep her alive in the aftermath. And the longer amount of time between abduction and showing up could potentially support that. Ugh :(((

FYI Carr street is EF's home--not CA's or the brothers. It is my understanding that was training for marathon and had run 5 miles over to U of M campus. The brother's home where CA washed his clothes/showed up was 1765 Orleans Street. Which is only 15 mins from site of abduction.

Also, we don't know that CA was working the night he hurt Liza, right? We just know he had worked late a prior night when he committed theft- right? Maybe employer didn't know about September 1 incident yet to fire him.

Media reports are that he was inappropriate with women in a creepy sort of way over time. Whatever caused him to rob the purse of the woman may have been the unleashing of his ability/desire to control his urges. I would think that at work that night he was hearing about a theft and began to understand that there were cameras that would catch a thief. He would then know that he was going back to prison. So, why control himself? Was he determined to have all control if he was going back? I don't know but it is interesting that within 24-36 hours he escalated so quickly from robbery to murder and possibly more.

We are all fortunate that we live at a time of technology rapid advancement. Years ago this might have gone unsolved for a very long time and he may have been able to rapidly escalate to killing more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar