Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had originally thought that too but was surprised that I found him trustworthy during his interview. After hearing his version I have to wonder if this teenager was being overly hopefully about landing a young entrepreneur and building a house with him. How realistic does that even sound? But could absolutely be true. I'm torn.
It’s on SM, so I can’t get into specifics here, but there have been lots of comments on posts floating around with copied images from her instagram, etc, that show a much more in depth relationship than “a couple weeks in December”
I’ve been watching comments on posts from EP’s and MB’s FB as well as the TBI and a few of the news outlets FB. The comments have lots of information. How much is accurate and what dates they’re from are, of course, debatable. But it seems like he’s not exactly being honest. IMO

It’s on SM, so I can’t get into specifics here, but there have been lots of comments on posts floating around with copied images from her instagram, etc, that show a much more in depth relationship than “a couple weeks in December”
I’ve been watching comments on posts from EP’s and MB’s FB as well as the TBI and a few of the news outlets FB. The comments have lots of information. How much is accurate and what dates they’re from are, of course, debatable. But it seems like he’s not exactly being honest. IMO
I wonder if this is a case of him wanting one in his life but not the other.

It’s not going to be easy to separate fact from fiction until LE releases more details about who, what, when, where and how.
The rest of the reading I’ve done so far plays out like a soap opera with a growing list of part time characters.

Turn your phone sideways and see my signature. :)

“Before you can connect the dots, you have to collect the dots.”
- @Foxfire
Thank you!
blow-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

It’s not going to be easy to separate fact from fiction until LE releases more details about who, what, when, where and how.
The rest of the reading I’ve done so far plays out like a soap opera with a growing list of part time characters.
Wonder if Evelyn's grands have spoken out, paternal or maternal ?

I was married in Blountville a few years ago, it is very, very tiny. If you sneeze while driving by you miss the whole town. Thank goodness the TBI and FBI are involved in this case. So far the only insiders who have publicly committed (while very limited) are the father and the ex-boyfriend. The well known goal is to find the missing person within 48 or 72 hours. It has been 2 months. If I was mother, grandparents, aunt, uncle I would be screaming from the mountain tops at this point. The odds are not in their favor and I would not be holding anything back. That being said, imo, I believe law enforcement is holding a lot back because they know EXACTLY who is responsible for this baby's disappearance. I believe they are going through some motions whether it is strategically or because they feel it is expected of them, but they know exactly who they should be focused on.

This makes sense, except why would they issue an Amber Alert if they already have a idea of what they think is going on?

This

This may get removed, but, on social media he and in turn his chicken joint were getting slammed. It is possible the news agency hunted him down at his place if employment. This is this guys livelihood, I can see him trying to protect it.
I do think there are signs that point to him being much more involved with the mother than he claims. And he made sure to say the full name of his restaurant several times. It is near a community college and is typically very busy so I understand him wanting to save it. But he didn’t seem very concerned for Evelyn IMO.

I have a problem with the fact that they were supposedly dating off and on for a couple of weeks, but she's using his last name on SM.

I know someone personally (in her 40s), whose husband divorced her. Within weeks she had a guy online, fell in love with him over the phone, got engaged, moved 1000 miles to Atlanta (where he lives), changed her last name to his on fb--without EVER meeting him.

She never met him. Turns out it was a money scam--and it wasn't even his name or pic.

I have younger cousins (early 20s), who create profiles with boyfriends' last names.

My first instinct is this. Based on his distancing language with the baby, I think HW was truthful when said he never met Evelyn. I also think he comes across as very disinterested in playing the role of daddy. Given his dismissive nature of his relationship with the mother, I think MB (incidently MY INITIALS--talk about awkward), was wayyyy more invested in this relationship than he was. He wouldn't be the first dude who strung a girl along, making her think there was more to their relationship than there actually was.

I think MB is 2020's version of Susan Smith. She was love-struck by a man who didn't want to daddy her baby. She wanted the man so badly, developed quite the fixation, and her baby paid the price for it.

MOO
My opinion is subject to change...

This makes sense, except why would they issue an Amber Alert if they already have a idea of what they think is going on?
It was expected? I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that if they truly needed the public's help they would have released more information. If the parents are "involved" in the investigation as they say they would have more information. MOO is that LE is keeping much quiet because they already have some of the answers.

I find it interesting that the ex-bf referred to a missing toddler as "it" and everyone on this site trusts him. Not saying I don't believe him (or that I do), but I've seen people get torn apart here for facial expressions, blinking, tone, eye contact, you name it in videos. I think "it" is a red flag.

I think it depends on the petson saying it. A parent, caregiver, or close friend using distancing language is A HUGE RED FLAG. In those situations, they are attempting to minimize their guilt by placing distance between themselves and their child.

For a bf since December, who at most knew the baby for a month or so, there wouldn't be the internal need to avoid the use of her name and endearments.

I think what we are seeing here is a guy who never met Evelyn, and has a negative view on having babies/children. He probably openly (and vehemently) doesn't want to father children, given his language in the interview.

I'm not bothered by him calling her "the child" or "it". If he truly hasn't ever met her, doesn't have young siblings and doesn't interact with little kids he probably feels pretty disconnected from them. However his other behavior and comments are sketchy as heck. Calling her "It" or "child" is the least of my concerns.

I find it interesting that the ex-bf referred to a missing toddler as "it" and everyone on this site trusts him. Not saying I don't believe him (or that I do), but I've seen people get torn apart here for facial expressions, blinking, tone, eye contact, you name it in videos. I think "it" is a red flag.
But if he has never even laid eyes on this baby I can see him being detached from her. I caught the "it" too and cringed, so I see your point though. My view was that he called her "it" because he never saw her beautiful sweet face so he never knew her as more than a person on a news story? Maybe I'm giving him too much leeway? So much is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm