Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning!

I know everyone has eliminated TB as having the potential for involvement, but he is not yet off of my list. Based on what information I have about MB’s family, he seems to be the most stable in the group. Meaning, if MB’s back were pressed against a wall, she would be more likely to call her dad for support. Also, he seems to be the most intelligent and successful of the whole lot. If EB had an accidental death, I see MB asking TB for help before she would turn to AB. TB has reason to not have warm and fuzzy feelings towards AB. It is possible that everything was planned, right down to giving AB that BMW, and that TB helped MB plan the entire ordeal. I know that most eliminated TB because he reported and offered reward money, but IMO, that could be a brilliant move aimed to eliminate oneself as a POI and set someone other than his daughter up for the fall. All MOO

@BlkMtnGirl bless you and your husband and all the grandparents and extended family who step in like this. It will be the only thing that saves "us" I think. I'm glad you didn't delete.
Has anyone read Hillbilly Elegy? Someone needs to tell these kids in their formative years that they are loved and they can achieve their dreams!

I live, and was raised, in the city where Hillbilly Elegy was set. Ron Howard filmed some of the movie here last summer. There was some artisic license taken by the author. Not the point, I know, but it gets my back up.

I keep getting lost [probably because I'm following way too may fast-moving cases], but was it ever confirmed that the Boswell family is, in fact, Romani? And is Sullivan County a area with a big Romani presence?

Maybe someone will be able to answer you for I cannot.

Honestly I admit I just scroll by most of those kind of posts because I don't see any relevancy to them as to why little Evelyn is missing.

If she is ever found, and the case solved, I think the motive will be much inline with so many other cases we've seen happen who have come from every walk of life.

Although interesting, but for me it's just a side story, and has nothing to do with Evelyn being missing or why.

Jmho tho

Last edited:
I cannot speak for everyone in Sullivan County, but this case is the very first I have heard anything mentioned about Romani.
And OT, but I have really appreciated the posters that weighed in on the culture. It is something I didn’t know and have learned a lot from reading their posts.
I'm just asking because, in my country, the Romani community take family ties VERY seriously, they usually stick together and protect each other pretty much no matter what. Also, the birth of a baby is a cherrished moment, babies and kids are very well taken care of and much loved by everyone. Parents and grandparents are both VERY involved in raising the children, I mean even the rest of the family like aunts and uncles and very present in the children's lives.
So, if the Romani connection is true, I am actually very surprised that Maggie possibly "snitched" on her mother and vice-versa or that something was done ON PURPOSE to baby Evelyn.

I agree. From an early report:

Officials said the search for Evelyn was sparked by a referral from the Department of Children's Service after the child's grandfather, Tommy Boswell, reported his concerns. He said he had not seen Evelyn since Thanksgiving 2019. Boswell reportedly told CBS affiliate WJHL that he "didn't know what happened, but I'm the one who called DCS and got this started."
Timeline of the Evelyn Boswell case

In a close-knit Romani community IMO it was a big step for the grandfather to report to DCS instead of trying to locate Evelyn through family channels. Or maybe he had tried with no success.

And thanks @bellyup for the firsthand knowledge you've shared about the Romani community!
I saw somewhere that MB and her brother had lived with the father. I will try to find a link, but if it was on SM I apologize. Does anyone have any info in this? I wonder if her father saw her daily but not EM since Thanksgiving. That would make more sense, because she could easily have hid her from him knowing if she did not live with him. That’s why I think he reported it, because EM was no longer seen with her mom anymore.

Oh wait though - I was thinking the car was gifted to buy AB's silence some time ago, but in the audio interview with David Jones, he says:

DJ: Hunter GAVE that car, to my daughter.

Interviewer: And so, do you know about when this happened, when the car was given, to Angela?

DJ: It was not, let’s see, Sunday before last, I think.

Interviewer: Ok, so about, a little over a week ago.

So now I'm think AB was just set up.

I guess when HW said he last saw MB 'a few days ago', he left out that it was when he was giving her mother a BMW.

I keep getting lost [probably because I'm following way too may fast-moving cases], but was it ever confirmed that the Boswell family is, in fact, Romani? And is Sullivan County a area with a big Romani presence?
As far as I can tell, no!
There was some speculation here and then MB brought it up in the "11 minute" interview!
There is another ethnicity common in this area that has been studied genetically quite a bit. Roma influence is suspected, but I don't think it has been confirmed. And that ethnicity really does NOT have what most people would stereotypically think of as any type of Romani culture (IMO?).
Boswell is a common name for the ethnicity as well.

IDK, MBs statements and the caravan...a little too convenient?
All IMO MOO JMHO, etc

Here is what I'm puzzled about. Grandpa sounds the whistle to Child Services but before he did he spoke to AB and she told him he "better not contact them or he would regret it". Grandpa immediately done what he had to do.

I know personally the gypsie community hold tight bonds with family and also have issues trusting police. This man just wants his grandbaby back and you can see it in his face.

☠️MM

Maybe someone will be able to answer you for I cannot.

Honestly I admit I just scroll by all of those kind of posts because I don't see any relevancy to them as to why little Evelyn is missing.

If she is ever found, and the case solved I think the motive will be much inline with so many other cases we've seen from every walk of life.

Jmho tho
In my opinion, it is relevant because my local Romani community is very serious about family and children. The way this family is going against each other doesn't really match with what I've seen with Romani families from my country. When a women goes into labor, the whole family goes to the hospital and they don't go home until the mom and the baby go home, for example. Also, in my country we have the tradition of visiting the cemeteries to put fresh followers and candles on our family members' graves. The graves of the Romani people are the most beautiful adorned of them all, they spend thousands of € in flowers and they spend the WHOLE day at the cemetery by the graves of the family members. Their family bond is amazing and seems pretty much unbreakable so, to me, this pattern of Maggie telling on mom, mom probably telling on Maggie, the grandfather also accusing his granddaughter and so on, is very surprising to me if they are really Romani.

I'm just asking because, in my country, the Romani community take family ties VERY seriously, they usually stick together and protect each other pretty much no matter what. Also, the birth of a baby is a cherrished moment, babies and kids are very well taken care of and much loved by everyone. Parents and grandparents are both VERY involved in raising the children, I mean even the rest of the family like aunts and uncles and very present in the children's lives.
So, if the Romani connection is true, I am actually very surprised that Maggie possibly "snitched" on her mother and vice-versa or that something was done ON PURPOSE to baby Evelyn.

I am sure I do not speak for everyone, and in fact maybe I am the only one who believes this, but I do not believe there is anything at all to warrant considering MB and the Romani or the Travellers. She may indeed have it in her background, but I sincerely believe that it was brought up on social media in questions about the case, as it was here and MB took it to add to her repertoire of convenient alibis. Same with her mother taking care of her child which I believe never happened - I think the only thing she has done is capitalize on posts in social media and perhaps here to further her claims that she is not responsible for whatever happened to Evelyn and to play the victim. So the discussion of Romani culture, while interesting, seems to be a red herring to me.

As far as I can tell, no!
There was some speculation here and then MB brought it up in the "11 minute" interview!
There is another ethnicity common in this area that has been studied genetically quite a bit. Roma influence is suspected, but I don't think it has been confirmed. And that ethnicity really does NOT have what most people would stereotypically think of as any type of Romani culture (IMO?).
Boswell is a common name for the ethnicity as well.

IDK, MBs statements and the caravan...a little too convenient?
All IMO MOO JMHO, etc
Thank you! What is the other ethnicity common in the area, just out of curiosity?

I am sure I do not speak for everyone, and in fact maybe I am the only one who believes this, but I do not believe there is anything at all to warrant considering MB and the Romani or the Travellers. She may indeed have it in her background, but I sincerely believe that it was brought up on social media in questions about the case, as it was here and MB took it to add to her repertoire of convenient alibis. Same with her mother taking care of her child which I believe never happened - I think the only thing she has done is capitalize on posts in social media and perhaps here to further her claims that she is not responsible for whatever happened to Evelyn and to play the victim. So the discussion of Romani culture, while interesting, seems to be a red herring to me.
Thank you so much! I haven't been following social media at all, so I ended up getting quite lost and wanted to make sure if the connection was ever confirmed.

Here is what I'm puzzled about. Grandpa sounds the whistle to Child Services but before he did he spoke to AB and she told him he "better not contact them or he would regret it". Grandpa immediately done what he had to do.
☠️MM

I can see this in a couple of ways:
- It was as threat from AB, indicating that she would make him regret it (possibly with violence?).
or
- She knows that MB did something with Evelyn, and she was saying he would regret it because it would get her in trouble.

I can see this in a couple of ways:
- It was as threat from AB, indicating that she would make him regret it (possibly with violence?).
or
- She knows that MB did something with Evelyn, and she was saying he would regret it because it would get her in trouble.

I can't agree with you more on this.

☠️MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members