Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know IF this is happening today - but I'll post it anyway - just in case there is a video teleconference. The court site still has this as happening today.

Thursday, April 30th:
*Preliminary Hearing (for Probation, Aggravated Burglary & Shoplifting) (@ 9:30am CT) – TN – Stolen 2007 BMW (involved in Amber Alert for TN Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) in Wilkes County N.C. – for *Angela Mae Boswell (42) arrested (2/21/20) & charged (2/24/20) & arraigned (in Sullivan County on 2/25/20) with possession of stolen property (over $2500) & violation of probation warrant for theft. No plea entered. $5K bond. Must wear ankle bracelet. Bonded out (2/28/20) with ankle monitor.
Court info from 2/21/20 thru 3/4/20 reference post #766 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

3/24/20 Update: Probation violation hearing on 4/30. Stolen car: Hearing has been rescheduled for 4/30, but hearing was moved to 6/9.

*Charged (3/25/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
3/25/20 Update: According to a police report, Angela Boswell and William McCloud approached a register with $45.02 worth of items in a cart at the Walmart on Fort Henry Drive. The report said they failed to pay for the merchandise and tried to leave the store when a loss prevention employee stopped them. An officer said he then arrived and issued both Boswell and McCloud a citation for shoplifting. Police said both of them left on foot and were banned from all Walmart properties for life. Hearing on 4/9.
4/9/20 Update: Don’t know if hearing was held. Next hearing on 4/30.

*Arrested & charged (3/26/20) & arraigned (3/27/20) with aggravated burglary, theft under $10K, introduction of drugs into a penal facility & possession of counterfeit money. In jail. Bond set at $50K.
3/26/20 Update: Angela Boswell has been arrested (3/26/20) for aggravated burglary & theft under $10K. Items that authorities said were taken from that home include two televisions, a shotgun, a pistol, and various tools. While Boswell was charged with aggravated burglary, theft under $10,000, the introduction of drugs into a penal facility, and possession of counterfeit money. That male accomplice was identified as Larry Chad Fields, 37, of Kingsport. Authorities have a warrant out for Fields arrest charging him with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K.
3/27/20: Aggravated Burglary (at AB’s father’s house): In court on Friday for arraignment, bond set at $50K. She is scheduled to appear in court again on April 9, and it will most likely be an appearance through video due to the courts limiting in-person appearances during the COVID-19 outbreak. 4/9/20 Update: Don’t know if hearing was held. Next hearing on 4/30.
Accomplices:
*Larry Chad Fields (37) arrested (3/26/20) & charged (3/25/20) with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K.
4/2/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing on 4/3 was cancelled due to coronavirus. Rescheduled for 5/18.
*William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33) - Possession of stolen property (over $2500). Hearing moved to 6/9.
*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20. 4/2/20 Update: Hearing on 6/8/20.
*Megan “Maggie” Boswell (18/now 19) – Grand Jury meets in April. Preliminary hearing scheduled for 5/8.

Since we hear so much about Evelyn's maternal grandmother I thought we should post about her paternal grandmother.

Pappas arrived just before city hall closed, and the couple was able to get married when he returned to Dana-Farber.

“I’m forever in their debt, no matter the outcome,” Pappas said of the nurses who helped arrange the wedding. “She said it was the best thing she could imagine. It gave her a new sense of fight. It was the best way she could go into this.

“Somebody like her comes around -- they don’t come around -- but she came around for me and I feel so blessed.”

The future is uncertain for the newlywed couple, but they are so grateful for the chance to get married.

Mass. couple gets married at hospital as bride starts cancer treatment

I was wondering, does this time that MB is serving go to time served if she is found guilty and sentenced?
Since we don't know if MB is going to be charged with a more serious crime, it's hard to know for sure. If she faces no additional charges, I think the time being served will probably be considered. MOO

As of April 27, it has been 45 days since Megan Boswell was arrested and charged with false reporting. She is still in the Sullivan County Jail as she awaits a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 8.

Investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy and toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal.
Megan Boswell still in jail 45 days after being arrested for false reporting

I have a feeling charges will change once the final autopsy and toxicology reports are in. Or I hope they will *if* MB played a part in Evelyn's death. The fact that she was found wearing the clothes MB described IMO points to her having knowledge of what happened. How else would she have known?

Still up in the air is whether or not anyone else was involved and we may hear more about that in the May 8 preliminary hearing. In any case it seems obvious that Evelyn's death was caused by someone who should have protected her and kept her safe and as far as I'm concerned everyone in her family let her down. MOO.

As of April 27, it has been 45 days since Megan Boswell was arrested and charged with false reporting. She is still in the Sullivan County Jail as she awaits a preliminary hearing scheduled for May 8.

Investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy and toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal.
Megan Boswell still in jail 45 days after being arrested for false reporting

I have a feeling charges will change once the final autopsy and toxicology reports are in. Or I hope they will *if* MB played a part in Evelyn's death. The fact that she was found wearing the clothes MB described IMO points to her having knowledge of what happened. How else would she have known?

Still up in the air is whether or not anyone else was involved and we may hear more about that in the May 8 preliminary hearing. In any case it seems obvious that Evelyn's death was caused by someone who should have protected her and kept her safe and as far as I'm concerned everyone in her family let her down. MOO.

I agree that from Evelyn's clothing description, MB was most likely the last person or one of the last to see Evelyn alive. It's somewhat eerie how MB would repeat the details-- as if an image burned in her memory -- right down to the hair bow.

I've also imagined Evelyn's death an accident where MB panicked and placed her beneath the shed. I even think she could have dressed dead baby Evelyn to bury her (that image again).

I go back and forth on what to think here: I think the pictures depict a happy, content baby. She's always clean and appears healthy.

I can see MB leaving her unattended and Evelyn choking (she allegedly fed herself), or left in the bathtub where she drowned. Not making excuses for MB but it seems to me from observing the family that there would be no shame if MB wanted to place her child with either side of Evelyn's family. I can't think of a motive to harm her.

I hope the autopsy can confirm if the decomposed remains are consistent with a December death. I can't recall the date MB gave when she allegedly gave Evelyn to the unnamed. I do recall the Grandfather stating that family lost saw Evelyn at Thanksgiving. MOO

The importance of the toxicology sort of leads me into an accidental overdose scenario. Not necessarily mom's drugs, and to be fair, she doesn't look like a drug addict (I am aware that many drug addicts are highly functional and don't look like drug addicts). They should know, by now, what caused her death, right? The need for the toxicology report makes me believe they need it to know what happened to her. I believe this was a very unfortunate accident, which does not make okay all the things that followed it. The adult(s) responsible for this baby had to call 911, even if she was already dead. Her death should've been reported. No baby deserves to be dumped in a shed or anywhere else. If the reports of Evelyn being surrounded by toys on that shed are true, it makes me believe that whoever put her there felt guilty. I'm under the impression that Evelyn was loved and taken care of for the most part, it's just that her mother wasn't right either and most likely saw other babies not being raised right her whole life.

just saw this pop up on my alerts... hmm this is very hmm

my opinion is its MB
I would think she has been a person of interest since day one. I don't think this is the mother. I think it could/should be someone else. If it's her, I can't imagine why it took to even look at her as a person of interest. Unless you're talking about another MB?

'Person of interest' identified in Evelyn Boswell case

"On Wednesday, Captain Joey Strickler of the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office said that “a person of interest” is being investigated in relation to the death of Evelyn Boswell.

No name or identity was released about the person.

According to Strickler, no one called the sheriff’s office to look in the area where they found Evelyn’s remains in the shed.

Investigators said they have not yet received the full autopsy results for Evelyn Boswell.

Investigators said they have not interviewed Evelyn’s mother, Megan Boswell, since the remains of Evelyn were found.

The COVID-19 pandemic has not slowed down the investigation, according to Strickler. He said the sheriff’s office is actually glad the investigation is going slowly because they want to be sure they do not make a mistake.

“We will never ever forget Evelyn Boswell,” Strickler said.

Strickler said investigators do not believe Evelyn was ever in Virginia or North Carolina."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mutations