Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the what???? Sullivan County Jail is misspelled and am wondering about the accuracy of this article...

"Megan Boswell remains incarcerated at the Sulivan County Jail. She was initially arrested on charges of reporting false information after her daughter, 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell disappeared and was later found dead in a shallow grave at a family member's home."

'We're still waiting:' Sheriff says Evelyn Boswell case on hold as crews work from home
Could be a misprint, or a shed with a dirt floor. Or also several things on top of her, sadly!

Could be a misprint, or a shed with a dirt floor. Or also several things on top of her, sadly!

The 8News/wvlt.tv article has since been revised:

4/14/20

Investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy and toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal.
[..]

Megan Boswell remains incarcerated at the Sulivan County Jail. She was initially arrested on charges of reporting false information after her daughter, 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell disappeared and was later found dead near a family member's home. [bm]

For Angela - these were her charges for the hearing on 4/9. Don't know whether 4/9 happened, but she is scheduled to appear with her probation hearing with these 2 charges.

Walmart Shoplifting:

State of Tennessee vs Angela Mae Boswell
82GS6-2020-RK-64055
Angela Mae Boswell, Defendant
Filing Date: Mar 25 2020 Balance Due: $0.00
Case Judge: Mark H Toohey Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 25 2020
Case References: None

Aggravated Burglary (father's house):

State of Tennessee vs Angela Mae Boswell
82GS6-2020-RK-64034
Angela Mae Boswell, Defendant
Filing Date: Mar 26 2020 Balance Due: $0.00
Case Judge: Mark H Toohey Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 26 2020

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Search by Party Name

and I noticed for Megan - her arraignment was scheduled for 5/8, but the court site has taken that date off:

State of Tennessee vs Megan Boswell
82GS4-2020-RR-48563
Megan Boswell, Defendant
Filing Date: Feb 26 2020 Balance Due: $0.00
Case Judge: J Klyne Lauderback Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 02 2020

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Search by Party Name

I have Larry Fields as having his next hearing on 5/1, but I don't know "where" I got that, as the court site doesn't show "next" date.... anyone know? o_O :rolleyes:
I'm seeing the next court date for Larry Fields 82CC1-2020-CR-72898 as May 18 @9 am. It doesn't show the charge though.
Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

i saw the quick interview with the sheriff

it seems like they really are waiting on results to come back and corona virus has caused complications

but does that mean nothing was obvious from the ouside or from the autopsy because you'd think that would come back quickly no?

i saw the quick interview with the sheriff

it seems like they really are waiting on results to come back and corona virus has caused complications

but does that mean nothing was obvious from the ouside or from the autopsy because you'd think that would come back quickly no?

Not so, they know. The autopsy report was sealed by the Judge.

Missing toddler Evelyn Boswell found dead: Tennessee officials confirm

March 12, 2020

Judge seals Evelyn Boswell autopsy report
Authorities have not specified when or how Evelyn died. An autopsy was performed at William L. Jenkins Forensic Center in Johnson City.

Sullivan County Criminal Court Judge Jim Goodwin agreed this week to seal the autopsy report, which is normally a public record in Tennessee. The move will keep secret the cause and nature of Evelyn's death until authorities decide to release the information.

3977bc55-b4c6-490e-8dda-5dab46803e18-TBI_Amber_Alert_2.png

Not so, they know. The autopsy report was sealed by the Judge.

Hmm the article i read yesterday which i think is posted here, i have to find it

they sealed it as like a precaution not that they have the results yet...

i could be getting this wrong but that was the jist of the new article yestersay

its in your post above

"Investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy and toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal."

but what i meant was, even though the entire results might not be back if there was an obvious sign of death wouldn't that have been relayed to the police earlier than the entire results getting back or no?

Hmm the article i read yesterday which i think is posted here, i have to find it

i could be getting this wrong but that was the jist of the new article yestersay

its in your post above

"Investigators said they are still waiting to receive autopsy and toxicology results in the case, but the results will not be made public due to a judge's court order to keep them under seal."

but what i meant was, even though the entire results might not be back if there was an obvious sign of death wouldn't that have been relayed to the police earlier than the entire results getting back or no?
As is typical, it's most likely the toxicology results that are pending but the autopsy was complete and report issued. Once the toxicology results are in, they can officially note the cause of death. MOO

As is typical, it's most likely the toxicology results that are pending but the autopsy was complete and report issued. Once the toxicology results are in, they can officially note the cause of death. MOO

i had an idea about something and i thought about it a little more and now i don't like the idea lol

i just want to wrap this up i guess, its dragging on and not sure if it is actually corona virus or just "red tape"

its in your post above

The coroner always knows from a preliminary autopsy report -- it's science (and therefore the police know).

If not under Court seal, I think the police would want the public to be assured that the manner of death is homicide: Evelyn did not commit suicide; she did not die of natural causes; she didn't bury herself on the family property. It's also fair to say they are waiting on toxicology to officially determine her cause of death.

The coroner always knows from a preliminary autopsy report -- it's science (and therefore the police know).

If not under Court seal, I think the police would want the public to be assured that the manner of death is homicide: Emily did not commit suicide; she did not die of natural causes; she didn't bury herself on the family property. It's also fair to say they are waiting on toxicology to officially determine her cause of death.

Evelyn* i think your phone autocorrected it lol

it would be nice to have some clarity on the things you state because i think they've just said they are treating it as homicide and thats it really

i get we are dealing with a child here but look at gannons case, again maybe they are just waiting to until they can charge and its possible those charges would tell us more

yeah iv seen that video before, it odd the two things kinda state different things but again you could be right its just the tox screens needing to be done

that is interesting to me because again if it was obvious you would just charge and hold them ( she is already in jail on the other charge) and you could easily file more charges later which is done in a lot of cases

so that i find quite interesting i wonder if they couldn't determine death based on the normal autopsy i mean possibly aside from anything obvious

you know like when someone is shot in the head they're not like " oh we're waiting on the tox screens to lay charges " lol

Thanks @MsMarple - Here is what I found thanks to you!

Under Circuit - Case #82CC1-2020-CR-72898

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Larry Chad Fields Defendant Appearance 05/18/2020 9:00 AM William K. Rogers

Larry Chad Fields Defendant Appearance 04/03/2020 9:00 AM William K. Rogers Case Rescheduled

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

His last hearing - initial appearance was on 4/3 - so this must be the right one where I should look.

Under Genl Sessions - charges for - case #82GS6-2020-RK-64035

# Party Name TCA Code TCA Desc Filing Date Violation Date Disposition Date Disposition Type
1 Larry C Fields 39-14-403 AGGRAVATED BURGLARY 03/26/2020 03/25/2020
2 Larry C Fields 39-14-103 THEFT (UP TO $1000) 03/26/2020 03/25/2020

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

^^ now those are his charges for the burglary at AB's father's home, but it's on the General Sessions section. Guess I'll have to look at both....

Okay - just looked at Megan's stuff:

State of Tennessee vs Megan Boswell
82CC1-2020-CR-72869
Megan Boswell, Defendant
Filing Date: Mar 09 2020 Balance Due: $50.00 Make a Payment
Case Judge: James F Goodwin Last Pay Date:
Status Date: Mar 09 2020
Case References: Reference Number: S72869

Looks like they moved it from Genl Sessions to Circuit section...

yeah iv seen that video before, it odd the two things kinda state different things but again you could be right its just the tox screens needing to be done

that is interesting to me because again if it was obvious you would just charge and hold them ( she is already in jail on the other charge) and you could easily file more charges later which is done in a lot of cases

so that i find quite interesting i wonder if they couldn't determine death based on the normal autopsy i mean possibly aside from anything obvious

you know like when someone is shot in the head they're not like " oh we're waiting on the tox screens to lay charges " lol

I understand what you're saying but the difference here is we have a court order that sealed the autopsy report. Until Evelyn's cause of death is no longer under seal, investigators can't talk about it and we won't be learning anything more.

As for the toxicology results -- that delay is probably legitimate given the COVID-19 situation but the results will still be under seal.

Also, both Megan and Angela are behind bars so there's no urgency to file charges while they continue the investigation and try to determine who else was possibly involved in the death of Evelyn. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ