TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.. I do know Suck Creek Rd runs into Marion County but also knew the road is also in Hamilton County.. Also, the River Inn Restaurant is in Chattanooga and thats why I asked about the Chattanooga Police Department having jurisdiction..Just don't where exactly the police department of Chattanooga surrenders their jurisdiction. JMHO

If it works the same as it does in Texas, city police only have jurisdiction inside the city limits, and anything outside that is handled by the sheriff's dept. which is a county agency.
Or in some very small towns, the sheriff's office is called in because the PD, if they have one, are not equipped to handle big cases.

I posted a list a questions yesterday that have not been answered. Questions as basic as how she typically wears her hair and what exactly are her typical driving routes. It sounds like you have some connection to Matt somehow. Is there a way for you to get him to answer anything at all?

Hi Pearl,

I talked to Gail's sister this morning and she gave me a couple answers to your questions. First, their normal route to her lake house would be Interstate 24 to 59 to 65 .... Clanton exit in Alabama. Second, no one knows what she was wearing and she can't speak to the kids. Third, the police are not saying much to us ... We all feel lost.

I hope this helps clarify a bit. I might have something else to post, but I have to check to see if I already posted it . . .

Hi Pearl,

I talked to Gail's sister this morning and she gave me a couple answers to your questions. First, their normal route to her lake house would be Interstate 24 to 59 to 65 .... Clanton exit in Alabama. Second, no one knows what she was wearing and she can't speak to the kids. Third, the police are not saying much to us ... We all feel lost.

I hope this helps clarify a bit. I might have something else to post, but I have to check to see if I already posted it . . .

Did I understand this correctly? Gail's sister cannot speak to the kids?

PS---I know I am not in area but I heard someone say they need help printing fliers
I can get some printed up and send them fedex to someone. I can't give an exact number of how many I can get but I can get some done this week. Someone can PM me if they would like to.

I just know if this was me I would want someone to help anyway they could.
P.S NO charge obviously.....

Hi Pearl,

BBM..Thank you.. I thought that would be the route taken..Thats the route we take when headed to Montgomery. We usually take the 459 bypass though before we get to Birmingham..Does Gail's sister know IF she usually took Interstate 459 to bypass Birmingham or did she usually go straight through Birmingham?

Hi Pearl,

Thanks! It's more information than we had. My questions are posts #447 and #452, by the way. The posts are getting a little much to sift through. Surely these questions are basic enough not to bother anybody, <Mod Snip> As somebody who apparently knows him posted earlier, it's in his interest as much as anybody's to find her, and any extra information will help people look. I hope to read more details soon, and I'm sure there are other very basic questions I didn't think of. Please add ANYTHING!

Hi Pearl,

9. Merge onto I-24 W toward NASHVILLE/BIRMINGHAM (Crossing into GEORGIA). 10.2 mi

10. Merge onto I-59 S via EXIT 167 on the LEFT toward BIRMINGHAM (Crossing into ALABAMA). 124.1 mi

11. Merge onto I-459 S via EXIT 137 on the LEFT toward TUSCALOOSA/MONTGOMERY. 17.5 mi

12. Merge onto I-65 S via EXIT 15 toward MONTGOMERY. 45.1 mi

13. Take the US-31/AL-22 exit, EXIT 205, toward CLANTON.

http://mapq.st/jcTz7M

bolded by me.
I know this was way back on page 2 of the thread, but johnfear, can you or any of the other sleuthers, explain what the bolded part refers to--what was "our recent experience"? I must have missed something in another case.

I would like to know, too! Although I've been lurking on this board for a few years and don't post much, that doesn't sound too good.

Also, this case seems very strange especially since the local media doesn't seem to be jumping on it. Hope they find her soon.

9. Merge onto I-24 W toward NASHVILLE/BIRMINGHAM (Crossing into GEORGIA). 10.2 mi

10. Merge onto I-59 S via EXIT 167 on the LEFT toward BIRMINGHAM (Crossing into ALABAMA). 124.1 mi

11. Merge onto I-459 S via EXIT 137 on the LEFT toward TUSCALOOSA/MONTGOMERY. 17.5 mi

12. Merge onto I-65 S via EXIT 15 toward MONTGOMERY. 45.1 mi

13. Take the US-31/AL-22 exit, EXIT 205, toward CLANTON.

Hmmm. Can we get that into a post like #532? I've tried to get it from the link but can't figure it out.

I gathered up some Chattanooga news contacts (WRCB, News Channel 9, Times Free Press, WDEF, Chattanoogan.com) and sent them an email requesting they cover this story and attached the flyer.

Here are the contacts and sample email (and flyer as attachment) if anyone would like to do the same.

dstalvey@wrcbtv.com, news@wrcbtv.com, rsobolewski@wrcbtv.com, knicholson@wrcbtv.com, csexton@wrcbtv.com, dcarroll@wrcbtv.com, jmescon@wrcbtv.com, lcurrie@wrcbtv.com, gglover@wrcbtv.com, amorrow@wrcbtv.com, jedwards@wrcbtv.com, apitzl@wrcbtv.com, srook@wrcbtv.com, jyoung@wrcbtv.com, ntidmore@wrcbtv.com, pteague@wrcbtv.com, knelson@wrcbtv.com, producers@newschannel9.com, thenderson@newschannel9.com, sjennings@newschannel9.com, dlehr@newschannel9.com, sscruggs@newschannel9.com, jeoh@newschannel9.com, news@timesfreepress.com, rmoore@timesfreepress.com, agerber@timesfreepress.com, news@wdef.com, news@chattanoogan.com

Subject: Gail Palmgren, Mother of Two, Missing from Signal Mountain, TN Since Sat, April 30, 2011

Hello,

Gail Palmgren, 44 years old, mother of two, went missing from Signal Mountain, TN on Saturday, April 30, 2011. Her 4-door Red Jeep Rubicon is also missing.

The picture of the Jeep needs to remain in the news as it looks like a vehicle that would be fairly easy to spot.

I am following this in the news and I'm writing to ask that you continue to or include the story of this missing mother with her picture and a picture of the red Jeep in the news.

Attached is the missing person flyer for her and her is a link to a Facebook page created by her friend.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469#!/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469?closeTheater=1

Thank you.

Regards,

Attachments

• Gail Palmgren_Missing.jpg
    Gail Palmgren_Missing.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
bolded by me.
I know this was way back on page 2 of the thread, but johnfear, can you or any of the other sleuthers, explain what the bolded part refers to--what was "our recent experience"? I must have missed something in another case. thanks,

Columbo

I dont know if anyone answered this, but there are times when we have interested parties sharing thoughts and ideas on threads that are close to them.

Everyone is entitled to their say and we welcome it!

Family Searches For Missing Signal Mountain Woman
May 15, 2011 6:14 PM
Jessica Oh

The family of Gail Nowaki Palmgren, 44, has been continuing to search for the missing Signal Mountain mother since she was noticed missing April 30.

Diane Nichols drove to Tennessee from New York with her husband Dan a week ago, trying to find out what happened to her sister. "We distributed close to ten thousand fliers already and no body has even spotted her vehicle."

[snipped]
Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

[snipped]
Nichols says Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation. Police came to the Palmgren residence the day before she was last seen, responding to a domestic dispute call.
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

Is Gail's friend local, or in Wetumpka, and does anyone know what time?

Friday, April 29, 2011

Second 911 call—given numbers for safe place to stay. Resolved when “Matthew Palmgren agreed to stay at 40 Ridgerock Drive and let Gail Palmgren take their two children…to their lake house in Wetumpka, AL for the night,” according to police report

Gail stopped at a friends home

40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN 37377-2100
to 439 Easy St, Wetumpka, AL 36092-3406

Arlene lives in Alabama; I believe at the lake near Gail and Matt's home.

The picture of the Jeep needs to remain in the news as it looks like a vehicle that would be fairly easy to spot.

I am following this in the news and I'm writing to ask that you continue to or include the story of this missing mother with her picture and a picture of the red Jeep in the news.

Attached is the missing person flyer for her and her is a link to a Facebook page created by her friend.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469#!/pages/Bring-Gail-Home-Now/210209109009469?closeTheater=1

Thank you.

Regards,
[/FONT]
I wouldn't over-emphasize the spare tire cover on the jeep...
if someone else ended up with the jeep,
it's likely the first thing they would do is strip off the spare tire cover
and the personalized license plate

I gathered up some Chattanooga news contacts (WRCB, News Channel 9, Times Free Press, WDEF, Chattanoogan.com) and sent them an email requesting they cover this story and attached the flyer.

Subject: Gail Palmgren, Mother of Two, Missing from Signal Mountain, TN Since Sat, April 30, 2011

Hello,

Gail Palmgren, 44 years old, mother of two, went missing from Signal Mountain, TN on Saturday, April 30, 2011. Her 4-door Red Jeep Rubicon is also missing.

Thank you.

Regards,

Good ideas. I also sent a msg requesting a follow-up to the local news's FB page [http://www.facebook.com/#!/WRCBtv], and suggested that people do the same on the Bring Gail Home Now FB page.
something's gotta help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member