DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family Searches For Missing Signal Mountain Woman
May 15, 2011 6:14 PM
Jessica Oh

The family of Gail Nowaki Palmgren, 44, has been continuing to search for the missing Signal Mountain mother since she was noticed missing April 30.

Diane Nichols drove to Tennessee from New York with her husband Dan a week ago, trying to find out what happened to her sister. "We distributed close to ten thousand fliers already and no body has even spotted her vehicle."

[snipped]
Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen.

"She was nervous. She was anxious. She sounded scared," says Diane Nichols. Palmgren wouldn't say why she was scared but the Nichols made out this much, "She just thought she was being followed."

[snipped]
Nichols says Gail and Matthew recently filed for a legal separation. Police came to the Palmgren residence the day before she was last seen, responding to a domestic dispute call.
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

this changes things a little bit. so she told her sister also, she thought she was being followed.

This is the reply I got from the FB page for WRCB Channel 3 Eyewitness News, when I wrote and asked why the news was not all over the story:

"The news HAS been all over this. Sorry you have missed it."

Hunh. Not according to the fanily, and many of my WebSleuth pals who are from there. Can anyone weigh in on this?

hey hey, long time lurker here.

A lot of people have mentioned the neighbor trying to say hi, and asked if she could tell if it was her.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14601268

just my opinion, but since she states she didn't acknowledge her, she would have been close enough to her to see whether or not she acknowledged her, and see it was her. Does that make any sense?

any times will be greatly appreciated

Friday, April 22, 2011

First 911 call—dispute regarding travel in vehicles to lake house

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mrs. P. alleged to have taken valuables from house.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Second 911 call—given numbers for safe place to stay. Resolved when “Matthew Palmgren agreed to stay at 40 Ridgerock Drive and let Gail Palmgren take their two children…to their lake house in Wetumpka, AL for the night,” according to police report

40 Ridgerock Drive, Signal Mountain, TN 37377-2100
to 439 Easy St, Wetumpka, AL 36092-3406
http://mapq.st/jcTz7M

Gail stopped at Arlene Durham's home in Titus, AL
just north of Wetumpka

Saturday, April 30, 2011

12:15 pm: Brought children home and left
sans driver's license, credit cards
driving a Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon http://bit.ly/m7RYJA
any phone pings?

Monday, May 2, 2011

Third 911 call: Gail is reported as missing

5:00 pm: WalMart area cell phone ping
Walmart 501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN
which cell phone service did Gail have?

If her ostentatious jeep hasn't been spotted (personalized license plate reading "Eazy St"?), and the local/regional/national LE databases have it on their watch lists, then it's possible that it's in a garage/shed/barn other private, indoor storage area. If she made arrangements for mail forwarding and account access as well as the removal and storage of personal property from the family home, it's possible she herself pre-arranged a space for it.

w/r/t the boat and needing 2 vehicles. Sounds like maybe he wanted to drive his jeep down to the Lake House so he could tow the boat back to the Signal Mtn residence.

Hello,

I'm a new poster here. Gail and I were very close in high school and I've been following this case with increasing anxiety. I do not have anything new to add at the moment, but I do want to say thank you for the mature and compassionate interest everyone has in helping bring Gail home.

If her ostentatious jeep hasn't been spotted (personalized license plate reading "Eazy St"?), and the local/regional/national LE databases have it on their watch lists, then it's possible that it's in a garage/shed/barn other private, indoor storage area. If she made arrangements for mail forwarding and account access as well as the removal and storage of personal property from the family home, it's possible she herself pre-arranged a space for it.

w/r/t the boat and needing 2 vehicles. Sounds like maybe he wanted to drive his jeep down to the Lake House so he could tow the boat back to the Signal Mtn residence.
Good points and FWIW, she literally lived on Easy St.

Hello,

I'm a new poster here. Gail and I were very close in high school and I've been following this case with increasing anxiety. I do not have anything new to add at the moment, but I do want to say thank you for the mature and compassionate interest everyone has in helping bring Gail home.
welcome. We are all pulling for Gail's safe return and have hopes that she is keeping herself safe somewhere.

This is the reply I got from the FB page for WRCB Channel 3 Eyewitness News, when I wrote and asked why the news was not all over the story:

"The news HAS been all over this. Sorry you have missed it."

Hunh. Not according to the fanily, and many of my WebSleuth pals who are from there. Can anyone weigh in on this?

Well, their last article was four days ago. Gail is still missing.

Thanks for trying though.

fran

I'm still trying to catch up with all the posts, but it occurred to me, if Gail was afraid of her husband, felt like she was being followed, and logging license plates of suspect cars, maybe she was worried that her husband had hired someone to kill her.

Hi Columbo, where did you read this info. re, the logging of plates? I do not remember reading it here...

Regarding my bolded part of your post, I think that the "eazy street" refers to the street that they have a house on. IMO she didn't mean it to be ostentatious.

So . . . here's some rather interesting information.

On Friday, after talking to Gail's sister, I created a new flyer, which you have all seen on here and on the FB page. I sent it to everyone in my address book--which included many of our HS classmates. We had many updated email addresses because our 25th reunion was last year.

So people were passing it on, and on, and on. One of my classmates received a reply from a friend, who happens to be working in Chattanooga for the last 18 months. This is what he told my friend:

"FYI, I learned that her husband works at BlueCrossBlueShield of Tennessee . . . Some of my friends there are circulating it but I got a weird call from someone I don’t know there sharing that he works there and saying “so you can see why it is embarrassing” and “there were some problems and she probably just took off.” VERY WEIRD!"

WTF???

So someone from BC/BS called this friend of a friend discouraging spreading the flier? Am I reading that email right?

Regarding my bolded part of your post, I think that the "eazy street" refers to the street that they have a house on. IMO she didn't mean it to be ostentatious.

You are correct! Gail always joked about how you should buy the lake home first (right after they married). That way you can't say you don't have money for it later. :floorlaugh:

And yes, as we've posted in here . . . the lake home is at 439 Easy Street!

Embarrassing?

Well, Mr. Palmgren can avoid any further embarrassment if he just talks to the press and tells what he knows. But no, ........he goes to court instead. That'll do it! NOT!

Interesting that he's also {afraid} Gail will come back and steal the kids, when she returned them in the first place. But then if she did take them, it wouldn't really be stealing now would it? I mean they ARE HER KIDS too!

Oh, wait! Rather than searching for his missing wife who he ALLEGES has 'issues,' he runs to court to be sure he gets to keep all his STUFF! That would include the kids, they are part of his STUFF, after all.

Ludicrous!

The company where the husband is employed as well as the husband, can't avoid being embarrassed when there's article like the below linked. They may not think it's bad, but it is. But then again, that's just me.

JMHO
fran

http://www.wkbw.com/home/missing-Woman-Update-121766739.html

BUFFALO, NY ( WKBW ) The family of a Williamsville native continues to search for her in a small town in Tennessee but the woman's husband is headed to court.:mad:

If Gail decided to travel to the Buffalo area, what would have been the fastest route for her or if she wanted to get into Canada, what would be the fastest route to border crossing -- Detroit?

TY

If Gail decided to travel to the Buffalo area, what would have been the fastest route for her or if she wanted to get into Canada, what would be the fastest route to border crossing -- Detroit?

TY

The quickest way into Canada from Buffalo is over 1 of 4 bridges: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie, ON/Buffalo), Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls, ON/Niagara Falls, NY), Whirpool Bridge--Lexus/Nexxus ONLY (Niagara Falls, ON/Niagara Falls, NY), and Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (Queenston, ON/Lewiston, NY)

In high school and early in college, it was common for us to drive to Niagara Falls--NY and ON. It's approximately 20~30 minutes from Williamsville, where we grew up. Same to Buffalo/Fort Erie. LQ Bridge is another 10-15 minutes past Niagara Falls, NY.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=43.029749,-78.795319&spn=0.536069,1.204376&z=10"]Buffalo Area Border Crossings[/ame]

Yes, this makes some sense. After seeing the Al. neighbor saying that about the boat already being there, the first thing that crossed my mind was that he was moving it, bringing it home, etc.

I also have been thinking that she could really have been planning this for a while and that would explain lots of the questions. It could turn the tables and be that she set up the police calls etc. to cause problems for him. She could have filled out the change of address -it's just a change in where your mail is routed, not a legal agreement that you will be personally living at the new address, but it would create questions and could send everyone looking in the wrong direction.

Not saying that any of this is what happened, but looking at the situation from a new point of view. It could happen...

TY

I know she has her passport, but she would also need her driver's lic. to drive over the border, yes??

Everything about this raises my hair! But I just can't see her leaving her DL at home. She came in the house from a road trip, knew she was leaving again and dumped her purse? Maybe she was frantically looking for her misplaced keys??? WTF????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed