TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren,44, Signal Mountain, 30 April, 2011 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth, and for future reference ( might be good info to know in another situation) this is what I got back from my friend that works with an organization in Atlanta-
"Ironically, we cannot even confirm to police when there's a missing person (if it's an adult who does not wish to be found). I can check w/ our shelters but won't be able to confirm if she's there or not (confidentiality issues & also b/c of domestic situations). If there's a message for her to contact someone, then I can get the message to her (if she's there), but we can't make her call if she chooses not to. If you wanted to email me her name, I can check w/ our women's shelter director & convey any info you want (if she's there)."

SO - I will send my friend a little more info, and on the slim :( chance she is there, who in the world would one say she should contact??

Years ago, when I was college-age, someone threatened me and slashed all of my tires. I called my dad and he had my car towed to repair it. I was so afraid that I hid the entire time they were making repairs and then went to the most off-the-wall cheap motel I could find, parked very close to bushes and took off my license plates...all because I didn't think anyone would look for me there. Fear makes you do odd things.

I'm praying for the unimaginable situation that would make her hide and stay that way. If not, I'm praying for justice in a big way.

When someone posted Diane's FB message a few days ago, we had a rare opportunity to see a different Gail. There was a photo taken last summer when she had bangs rather than the swept look. She looked so natural and so happy. She has an inner beauty and a gentleness about her and I desperately want her to be okay.

For what it is worth, and for future reference ( might be good info to know in another situation) this is what I got back from my friend that works with an organization in Atlanta-
"Ironically, we cannot even confirm to police when there's a missing person (if it's an adult who does not wish to be found). I can check w/ our shelters but won't be able to confirm if she's there or not (confidentiality issues & also b/c of domestic situations). If there's a message for her to contact someone, then I can get the message to her (if she's there), but we can't make her call if she chooses not to. If you wanted to email me her name, I can check w/ our women's shelter director & convey any info you want (if she's there)."

SO - I will send my friend a little more info, and on the slim :( chance she is there, who in the world would one say she should contact??

I vote for her sister.

NO ONE! MP has people that read on here, we know that. If you message your friend and she is there by some small chance and she calls LE and they change her status to voluntarily missing....hmmmm.....where would YOU go looking for her?

If something has happened to Gail, if there has been some accident, or if someone harmed her in any way, I want her to be found ASAP and the person(s) responsible (if any) brought to justice.

If she is in a shelter in another state because she felt like she needed to take such drastic measures to preserve her own life, and if she felt that someone was after her and worried that her children might become "collateral damage" if they were with her, and as hard as it was, made the choice to do that, I want to respect that choice.

Still, I can't imagine a situation where she can't at least get word to her children in some way. I applaud you for trying, but I don't think she's there. :(

I would think her brother or her sister..JMHO..

This has not been confirmed to my knowledge but I just read on another site Gail's father-n-law, Matt P's father has passed away.
I just checked Chattanoogan.com but his name is not listed in their obituary section as of yet..

thanks- my friend would absolutely NOT be able to tell me if she were there....she is a stand up person and there is no way she would break confidentiality rules.

My opinion on the shelter issue is much the same as JBean said with the phone issue. In the first weeks of Gail being missing I really thought this was where she may have gone - I hoped that it was, anyway. However, if that were the case I would think that Gail would have been paying attention to what has been happening to her case. She would have had mercy on her sister I would think, and let her know in some way that she was ok. My hopes were that LE was working on something in her behalf to make her safer. After this length of time I don't think this is the case either. I don't think Gail CAN come home now. I believe someone took that option away on April 30. :(

This has not been confirmed to my knowledge but I just read on another site Gail's father-n-law, Matt P's father has passed away.
I just checked Chattanoogan.com but his name is not listed in their obituary section as of yet..

:twocents:September 6, 2011 ~ According to the TimesFreePress Obituary ... Matthew Palmgren's father, Fredrick Palmgren passed away in hosptial after fall in which he hit his head. The fall occurred on August 28th at the Nursing Home where he has been a resident for quite some time now.:innocent:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/obituaries/2011/sep/07/frederick-palmgren/

I heard about Mr. Palmgren earlier today and may he rest in peace-God Bless his soul.

Even if she were in "hiding" imo that is not a voluntary absence. She would be hiding because she is in fear.

I was enroute to St. Johns Island in the Carribbean on the 30th of April but I do know from speaking with friends who were here in town that weekend there was much activity going on in the city and on Signal the Saturday after the storms came through on the 27th. We had insurance adjusters from all over the country who were in town, utilty workers were everywhere and they came in from other areas too as well as tree cutters from all over came in to help with the cleanup... I seriously doubt Gail met up with foul play in the form of road rage on either the "W" Road or the main road that goes up and down the front of the mtn..JMHO

Em - Thanks for the info. But Gail didn't just disappear into thin air; something did happen in the middle of the day that noone noticed unless they chose not to come forward with information they had. And then there is the alleged sighting by CC in the Big Fork Rd area.

IMO, a road rage encounter with MP is conceivable and accidents can occur in the blink of an eye...when noone happens to be nearby or are not paying attention.

Now, the Palmgren children have lost a grandparent, too. I hope they are receiving the compassionate TLC they so richly deserve, but noone can replace their mother's love.

When someone posted Diane's FB message a few days ago, we had a rare opportunity to see a different Gail. There was a photo taken last summer when she had bangs rather than the swept look. She looked so natural and so happy. She has an inner beauty and a gentleness about her and I desperately want her to be okay.
(BBM and respectfully snipped by me.)

jwp - When I first saw Gail's photos and heard what some of her family and friends had to say about her, I felt, and have continued to feel, the exact, same way about her as you expressed...what a Lovely woman!

thanks- my friend would absolutely NOT be able to tell me if she were there....she is a stand up person and there is no way she would break confidentiality rules.

Maybe you can pass that info on to her sister Diane, then she can take it from there if she needs to. Just a suggestion.

Em - Thanks for the info. But Gail didn't just disappear into thin air; something did happen in the middle of the day that noone noticed unless they chose not to come forward with information they had. And then there is the alleged sighting by CC in the Big Fork Rd area.

IMO, a road rage encounter with MP is conceivable and accidents can occur in the blink of an eye...when noone happens to be nearby or are not paying attention.

Some1Nose, I realize something did happen and IMO it was not a good something either. I was trying to say I do not think a road rage incident with MP occurred even IF she and MP did cross paths on one of the two main roads that go up and down the mtn...JMHO

A lot of people think Straight Talk (or similar) pay as you go phones are untraceable- when in fact they are quite the opposite. You have to register to activate when purchased. If you don't activate, the purchase is still registered by sale location. And then (if actively using minutes) one can trace back to purchase location as well as provider.
(Little known fact!)

So true! Three years ago my (then) 13yo son and a friend decided to text a threatening message to a girl that had upset another female friend of theirs. They were certain they couldn't be discovered because it was a pay-as-you-go phone but to further cover their butt they signed another girl's name to the text (I know, that makes no sense whatsoever and I say all the time it is a good thing he is really good looking because he isn't the smartest child ever). Two days later I had a cop knocking on my door looking for my son and this time he was on the other end of the threats.

Further O/T the other's girls parents asked to meet with us and we gladly agreed since they were opting not to press charges. After many apologies were given I assured them my son was being punished and in fact as part of that he was on his was over to the baseball field to tell his coach he would have to withdraw for the rest of the season. They threatened to call CPS on me if I did any such thing because "Jay was a good kid that made one silly mistake." I was left speechless and dumbfounded but Jay played the rest of the season, the little girl came to watch most of his games and in the years since they have "dated" several times. :waitasec:

I think at the time she drove those kids home she was less worried about what MP may or may not do in a future court action and more worried about invoking his temper at that moment....JMHO

JMO, but I think either MP found out something GP was doing..ie: PI, check to DN, etc, or GP let it out in a moment of anger and frustration. His calling DN with the threats tells me DN knew much about what was going on. I don't think he would call DN if he felt in control. Says alot, imo.

BBM... Me too.. I just don't understand how the Walmart area on Signal Mtn Blvd close to Mtn Creek Road can be referred to as the north base of the mountain...

IF CC did see Gail on Big Fork Road on April 30th and the sighing was in Sequatchie County that area could most definitely be referred to as being north base.. Thats all I know.....
IF someone reading here has definite and accurate knowledge as to what area is considered to be north base please speak up and help us solve this problem.... TYIA..

JMHO.

Em, just wanted to say thank you for your great descriptions of the area. :rocker: If I ever visit SM or the area I could find my way around quite easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member