TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:maddening:

Ok, so the GF bought a new car in PA? Did I read that right?

The article says MP went to an "insurance conference" in Pennsylvania. When you google, the predominant conference that appears is the 2011 PA Insurance Fraud Conference. This was held in Hershey, PA April 25-26.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1003&bih=597&q=insurance+confernce%2C+pennsylvania+april+2011&aq=f&aqi=m1&aql=&oq="]insurance confernce, pennsylvania april 2011 - Google Search[/ame]

I want to add to Oriah' list-Liquor Stores. If we want to cover all scenarios, whose to say that someone who may have been involved in this didnt require a little artificial courage before and after?

Yes you did! from the article:
"Sources said he left the conference without attending any of the sessions and joined a female BlueCross employee at another location, then they drove back to Chattanooga together after she allegedly bought a car there."

I had the link for you but instead of copying, I accidentally cut it out.

I know I am Chicken Little-but I want to mention that handing out flyers in areas that have been highlighted in MSM, including Mississippi, makes perfect sense. If this is an active criminal investigation, be cautious about taking photos, sleuthing out other vehicles etc. You may find yourself on the other end of a warrant or subpoena. We have it happen in virtually every high profile case here on WS.

As for the new info, like Oriah it doesnt mean that MP did a way with Gail, or that TH did away with Gail. It seems to support Gail knowing that there was something going on in her marriage. Any preparations she made regarding personal items certainly takes on more significance imo.

I know I am Chicken Little-but I want to mention that handing out flyers in areas that have been highlighted in MSM, including Mississippi, makes perfect sense. If this is an active criminal investigation, be cautious about taking photos, sleuthing out other vehicles etc. You may find yourself on the other end of a warrant or subpoena. We have it happen in virtually every high profile case here on WS.

As for the new info, like Oriah it doesnt mean that MP did a way with Gail, or that TH did away with Gail. It seems to support Gail knowing that there was something going on in her marriage. Any preparations she made regarding personal items certainly takes on more significance imo.

BBM

OT, but please elaborate a bit about this - are sleuthers subpoenaed because they are doing something wrong, or because LE views their an interest in a case - thinking that those interested may be involved?

BBM

OT, but please elaborate a bit about this - are sleuthers subpoenaed because they are doing something wrong, or because LE views their an interest in a case - thinking that those interested may be involved?

I think (please correct if wrong) is that if someone goes out and starts taking pictures of, say,vehicles, then LE may decide to subpeona them because they want to know their interest in a case. If you have a suspicion, call it into LE and let them take it from there. It's ok to do it legally (say from a public roadway) but be prepared you may be issued a subpeona. Sleuthing on line is ok (although depending, you can get subpeonaed for that as well) just be aware that your actions are your own, and saying to a judge "Well I was doing it on behalf of WS" ain't gonna fly. Kwim?

We are all responsible for our actions.

I have driven through Batesville, MS many times and it does have several decent hotels as it is located right on I-55.

I missed Mississippi somehow. Got a few contacts there too. Any specific areas?

Wish we knew the make, model, year and color. Did she drive to PA and trade? Was this a second car............etc.....??

Surely MP had a round trip ticket and didn't utilize it. Wonder how much the expense report uncovered?

The article says MP went to an "insurance conference" in Pennsylvania. When you google, the predominant conference that appears is the 2011 PA Insurance Fraud Conference. This was held in Hershey, PA April 25-26.

insurance confernce, pennsylvania april 2011 - Google Search

I can tell you 100% that the conference that MP was supposed to be attending was NOT in PA, but rather in Minnesota. I don't know where the chattanoogan.com got their information, but this is not correct. Now where they met and TH bought the car I have no idea.

I can tell you 100% that the conference that MP was supposed to be attending was NOT in PA, but rather in Minnesota. I don't know where the chattanoogan.com got their information, but this is not correct. Now where they met and TH bought the car I have no idea.

Welcome to WS mominboots-respectfully, how do you know this?

Eyewitness News confirms, through his attorney, he was terminated Tuesday.
But Matthew Palmgren's attorney won't say why, only that it's not related to Gail's disappearance.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14865580

BBM

That's a little misleading since it also mentions in this report,

BlueCross sent Matthew Palmgren a letter Monday informing him he was fired, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney who is representing him.

The letter, according to Davis, references the disappearance of Palmgren's wife, Gail.

"Obviously, it cites the investigation.
We're not going to discuss the details at this point," Davis said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4332045...mgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/43318270

Then I read (someone and cannot locate) it also stated disruptions to the workplace. So it appears with multiple issues going on, they had good reason to fire him.

Wonder what's next??

BBM

That's a little misleading since it also mentions in this report,

BlueCross sent Matthew Palmgren a letter Monday informing him he was fired, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney who is representing him.

The letter, according to Davis, references the disappearance of Palmgren's wife, Gail.

"Obviously, it cites the investigation. We're not going to discuss the details at this point," Davis said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4332045...mgren-co-worker-terminated-bluecross/43318270

Then I read (someone and cannot locate) it also stated disruptions to the workplace. So it appears with multiple issues going on, they had good reason to fire him.

Wonder what's next??
I have no doubt they have found many reasons to fire him, but I don't believe BCBS would go out on a limb and say it is directly tied to GP's disappearance....especially since he hasn't been named a POI or suspect yet. Her disappearance may have lead to an internal investigation of MP, that led to his termination. I believe this was the context Davis and BCBS were referring to. KWIM?

I hope what's next is that they find GP. I have a feeling this is going to become more complex and twisted tho.

Yep Batesville does indeed have as some said some "decent" hotels.. My observation and opinion was of A motel that we, personally knew of in passing.. I am not in any way whatsoever someone who claims to a Batesville know it all.. Just the opposite. AND ONLY KNOW as a town passed thru on many trips that take us in that direction..

That said i only purposed that I "could"..as in am near and can make the time needed available..if there was something, particular place, or area in and around Batesville that anyone was interested in seeing photos..
Up close visuals, etc of such places or areas.. And I only offered my ability to do so after someone had posted this suggestion knowing this was a close area for me living in Memphis..

I, too have similar questions as was mentioned upthread about a local(In this case that would be me in speaking of this MS area)offering to take photos would somehow end up on the other end of a subpoena, questioning by LE, etc??

I have long followed cases on Websleuths and in speaking of the vast majority of cases that have threads here on WS(both past and present) there nearly is a "local(s)" for most cases.. As well as sometimes literally 100s of photos taken by the local(s) uploaded to the thread for the viewing of anyone *to get a better visual of any areas, places of interest, etc..

And in knowing that I have not seen except for cases where someone IMO with poor judgement overstepped a clear boundary and interjected themselves in a case.. But that is extremely rare and as I said easily avoidable if someone used the slightest of common sense.. These locals who have gone out to various areas, sometimes on various occasions, taken tons of photos and then uploaded them for those of us who were not local.. I cannot tell you not only how much this has been appreciated but also insightful and a huge aid for those of us not from the area..

So, for those reasons I am extremely confused by the statements of ending up on the receiving end of a subpoena by my possibly going to take photos in the Batesville area..
And I just wanted to clarify my offer to make time available to go to this area in/and around Batesville to take photos of any particular "area", particular "places" or "places" in general, or of any of the terrains or bodies of water that have been discussed or is of interest to anyone here..not certain
Where any idea of photos being taken of ANY CARS OR VEHICLES in general and certainly not a vehicle belonging to someone in particular for me to be taking photos of.. I never stated nor even alluded to anything whatsoever and would never.. So that really added to my being confused with some things said upthread about this purposal of my offering to take photos..as I said earlier I only offered myself to be available after it was suggested if I could possibly do so...

I definitely saw it as a positive and could only help.. In no way did I see it as a negative or interjecting myself into a case.. Or harmful in any way to helping bring Gail home..*
And was shocked to see that it was viewed differently or negatively In some posts..

If there is no where or nothing anyone is Interested to view or see I certainly will not waste an afternoon snapping pix that are of no use.. I am fine to do or not to either way..

** thanks fbx to the link to updated Gail flyer I had some printed off this morning just in case I do take the short trip to Batesville.. As u said definitely cAnt hurt anything getting Gails face and details out there.. Thanks :)**

Hmmm.

What's interesting is that when I Googled "minnesota blue cross blue shield conference april 2011", I got this:

http://www.bluecrossmn.com/bc/wcs/i...electionMethod=Latest&dDocName=POST71A_161090

EAGAN, Minn. (April 4, 2011) — The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Foundation has been named a gold award winner for excellence in communications by the national Council on Foundations 2011 Wilmer Shields Rich Awards Program. The program recognizes effective communications to increase public awareness of foundations and corporate giving programs.
The award will be presented during the Council on Foundations’ Annual Conference, April 10 – 12, 2011 in Philadelphia.

Council on Foundations’ Annual Conference: http://www.cof.org/events/conferences/2011Annual/index.cfm

Could this be the conference? It was more like 2 weeks before GP went missing though, rather than 1 week as mentioned in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971