Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the most important part:

>>
The agreement is being coordinated through the Hamilton County District Attorney&#8217;s Office.<< there ya go,imo. If the DA is involved with defense attorneys to coordinate an agreement to search the premises of a missing woman, something is certainly not kosher about something they will find that may not be directly related to Gail.
Search Warrant tidbit: Layman's terms - overview of TN Search Warrant.
http://www.tennesseecriminallawyerblog.com/2009/04/search_warrants_in_tennessee.html

Surely in this instance, searching all properties, including those out of state would make this much more complicated? Multi-state, multi jurusdictional...

I missed the most important part:

>>
The agreement is being coordinated through the Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office.<< there ya go,imo. If the DA is involved with defense attorneys to coordinate an agreement to search the premises of a missing woman, something is certainly not kosher about something they will find that may not be directly related to Gail.

BBM - To the experts; would that negate anything else anyone may have been up to? I do believe there is way more than an affair/GP missing, or something GP may have found going on, or I hate to say involved in, (hence, the 40K she gave to MP (or is that official?) and wanting to expose. I would hope it's not a this OR that type of thing! ALL IMHO of course.

I hope the kids are out having a blast somewhere today...

http://www.tennesseecriminallawyerblog.com/2009/04/search_warrants_in_tennessee.html

Surely in this instance, searching all properties, including those out of state would make this much more complicated? Multi-state, multi jurusdictional...

Which appears to change July 1...per MP's representation's blog.

http://davis-hoss.blogspot.com/2011/05/legislature-loosens-warrant.html

and to what they are referring to The Exclusionary Rule Reform Act: Tennessee

I think if at this point I were local LE, I'd wait a few more weeks (would it really make a difference now)...JMHO the timing is convenient.

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/billinfo/BillSummaryArchive.aspx?BillNumber=SB0559&ga=107

I think that since this is a "consent to search" it could be interpreted that LE has no probable cause to execute a full search warrant.KWIM?
IOW< he is agreeing to let them search under agreed upon guidelines. In a true search warrant I don't think that luxury is available.
But what it does tell me is that there is something that is holding him back from allowing the search that may or may not be directly related to Gail.

He is coverng something up, imo, but what it is I do not know. My thoughts are:
1.Perhaps he has an idea of what may have happened to gail, but is making sure that he has some sort of immunity that he was not involved directly but knows who was and wants to make sure he doesn't go down for something someone else has done that he found out about after the fact or did not/ could not stop it.
2. he was involved in something not directly involving Gail and a search may turn up some incriminating evidence which is what has been causing his reluctance to cooperate.

>>
Hoss said Friday that Palmgren offered to allow the search shortly after his wife last was seen.
“We reached out to them early, early on in the case,” Hoss said, noting that police did not immediately accept the offer.<<
Can you say spin? Of course they did not accept it early on. No one is going to accept and "offer" like that until they know what they are dealing with.

Personally, I think this is a huge development and confirms that there was more going on in the world of MP than just a gf. JMHO of course.
Sorry folks, but dh's of missing woman don't hold out for terms to search agreements when a person is missing if everything is on the up and up.
JMHO as always.

It's great that they're doing these searches and all... but c'mon - 7 weeks after the fact?? If MP did have something to do with GP's disappearance, he's had ample time to clean up / dispose of evidence.

But, well, it's still something. Sometimes perps overlook little things in the clean-up process. Here's hoping LE finds something that leads them to Gail.

bolded by me.

Even when a perp tries to clean up all blood spatter, etc, luminol will still reveal it.
But--I doubt there is blood spatter in the house. Maybe LE will find some other evidence that MP overlooked.

[/B]

bolded by me.

Even when a perp tries to clean up all blood spatter, etc, luminol will still reveal it.
But--I doubt there is blood spatter in the house. Maybe LE will find some other evidence that MP overlooked.
...we can now pray that ego and overconfidence led to oversight and sloppiness. (hypothetically, of course)

Either way this goes, I too am leaning towards JBEAN's hypothetical scenarios.

It just floors me to think that Gail disappeared just before Mother's Day, and now, 7-weeks later it is Father's day. Where is Gail?

...we can now pray that ego and overconfidence led to oversight and sloppiness. (hypothetically, of course)

Either way this goes, I too am leaning towards JBEAN's hypothetical scenarios.

It just floors me to think that Gail disappeared just before Mother's Day, and now, 7-weeks later it is Father's day. Where is Gail?

bolded by me.

Yes, those are definitely possibilities. It's obvious he is hiding something.

My mind keeps going back to what he told Arlene: "You're making this complicated". Sort of a dead giveaway that he was involved somehow, IMO. Unless I misinterpreted what he said....

The issue that has plagued this case from the beginning for the investigators is that there is no tangible evidence (that we know of) that anything sinister has happened to Gail. There is just lots of suspicious behavior. I think this has really made it difficult for LE to thoroughly investigate. They have to be very careful. If a crime did occur, based on the known information, I don't believe it occurred at the Signal Mt. home. This being said, I think it would be highly unlikely to find a "smoking gun" there. I am afraid this case is is going to get colder and colder until something important is discovered or someone talks. As a local, I am betting on the latter. If there was a crime committed in this case, I don't believe that only one person was involved. It is just my opinion, but I believe that someone involved is going to talk. This is how another case on the same mountain was solved after it had gone cold for many years, because someone who had knowledge eventually started talking. Hopefully, this case won't take that long to solve and they will find Gail and/or her Jeep soon.

I love the symbolism of the Father's Day Weekend sweeping search of all properties. :woohoo:

So as I wrote yesterday, just because someone has a high-powered attorney (which is MP's right as a citizen) doesn't mean the DA won't look at him or question his story and motives.

Stonewalling the police for weeks is unfortunate, but there are other bits of circumstantial evidence that might be enough to have a . . . dare I write it . . . Grand Jury? I just don't see the DA sitting around all summer doing nothing about this while this case drags on. Sounds like he is on it right now.

There has probably been alot of legal wrangling behind the scenes, and I do think the delay might have been in Alabama as well. Interesting because we know they have searched there at least once before, but perhaps not all the properties were searched.

I just don't think she left of her own free will. Has there been no activity in her banks accounts or on her credit cards? If not then how is she getting by? I am sure LEO has monitored those to see if there was a trail. I think, IMO of course, that her husbnad knows she did not leave on her own, whether he had anything to do with it, I have no clue, but a spouse always urges the missing person to let someone know they are ok. He has not made a plea at all for her safe return, for her to come home or contact anyone, or none that I have seen/heard. The search most likely will not turn up anything or maybe it will. The clause raises red flags to me, what does he think they may find? I wonder if he is still in touch with the GF or what does the GF think about GP being missing? I would hate to be involved with a married man and his spouse just disappear into thin air.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

from the defense atty:
>>He also said he spoke to a couple in Hoover, Ala., who said Ms. Palmgren "had a psychotic episode" while at their house a week before she disappeared.

Attorney Davis said Ms. Palmgren "showed up uninvited" and spent two nights with the family friends.

He said the husband, an attorney, told him, "Gail was flat f----- up. She was out of her mind."

The couple said Ms. Palmgren had her two children with her, and she noted she had not gotten them any Easter candy. They said the wife took Ms. Palmgren to a store and they became separated. Ms. Palmgren then called the police on the couple, claiming they were trying to take her children away from them.

They said that weekend Ms. Palmgren told them she believed someone was following her and trying to get her tag number.

The husband said she took side roads on their way to their house from her lake house - and the trip took four and a half hours instead of the normal two hours.<<

IMVHO, she was indeed paranoid, but it should be fairly obvious by now that she had good reason to be. I can see all that behavior being suspect to others,I bet this lady couldn't get anyone to listen to her.

I'm sorry but that's the mother of your children. Why wouldn't you let them search immediately unless you were somehow involved in her disappearance. I doubt he has a giant meth lab there or something that he would be nervous about them finding. Maybe it took him seven weeks to make sure he had found any hiding places of Gail's that she might have stored information about the state of their marriage, etc. Poor Gail. She deserves better than this.

Assuming this is all true.

So who lets their wife or friend who is having psychotic breaks and episodes of delusions drive around with their kids?
Cannot imagine any scenario where letting a crazed woman take the kids to another location, not just once but at least twice would be reasonable.

Did these friends report to Matt that she was in seriously bad condition and arrange for him to pick up Gail and the kids ?
What reason did Gail give the friends as to why she showed up unannounced? Did she report fear of something? Did they just let her leave with the kids after noting that she was "flat *advertiser censored** up and out of her mind"?
Why is the attorney reporting this important information to the media anyway? Will it help locate her? Who doesn't report that their psychotic wife is missing within hours? if for no other reason for her welfare and the welfare of those she may come into contact with?

Either which way you slice this thing,Gail was in desperate trouble and it seems as though no one was helping her. She sure made it known that she was scared to death and be it real or imagined she was on her own.

This Chattanoogan article is just payback for the previous ones, imo.

from the defense atty:
>>He also said he spoke to a couple in Hoover, Ala., who said Ms. Palmgren "had a psychotic episode" while at their house a week before she disappeared.

Attorney Davis said Ms. Palmgren "showed up uninvited" and spent two nights with the family friends.

He said the husband, an attorney, told him, "Gail was flat f----- up. She was out of her mind."

Note my highlight. Interesting.

The couple said Ms. Palmgren had her two children with her, and she noted she had not gotten them any Easter candy.

Nice use of the children to make a point. :maddening:

They said the wife took Ms. Palmgren to a store and they became separated. Ms. Palmgren then called the police on the couple, claiming they were trying to take her children away from them.

What if they were? What if they didn't believe her story, and were pooh-poohing that that her husband was cheating on her or having her followed? What if they weren't going to let her leave with them?

And why was this woman reaching to police . . . again? There was something wicked going on in her life. I don't believe for a minute that this paranoia wasn't justified.

Strange how MP's attorney never tells exactly "when" or "if" he ever bothered admitting to Gail that an affair was going on. Wouldn't that be a factor - if she thought her husband was lying at every turn?

They said that weekend Ms. Palmgren told them she believed someone was following her and trying to get her tag number.

Couldn't that be true? Where is Gail now?

The husband said she took side roads on their way to their house from her lake house - and the trip took four and a half hours instead of the normal two hours.<<

How does he know that? :waitasec: Is it a crime to take backroads? Is that part of Gail's "nuttiness" because many people take backroads when they travel? That is not a sign of insanity, thank you very much.

Once again, this is an Ad Hominem attack on a missing woman by a husband and his attorney who are spinning like there's no tomorrow on a day when a major search is going on. Remember what Signal Mountain police said - they saw no evidence of a mental problem. They have never changed that position. There is still an ongoing investigation centered on the husband.

from the defense atty:

The couple said Ms. Palmgren had her two children with her, and she noted she had not gotten them any Easter candy. They said the wife took Ms. Palmgren to a store and they became separated. Ms. Palmgren then called the police on the couple, claiming they were trying to take her children away from them.

If she called the police while with this couple, that would be pretty easy to check out, right? Did anyone else notice that when you pull up that article on the Chattanoogan.com site right in the middle of the article is an ad for Mr. Davis' law firm? Every time you refresh the page, the ad changes to another, but odd, don't you think?

Matt isn't working now, so how is he spending his time, other than "taking care of two small children" ? (Are the children that small--one is 12 years old, no?). Do you think he is actively trying to find Gail or just letting his mouthpieces talk?

This new article does seem like a new attempt to make Gail look bad.

I'm assuming the kids told their father she took back roads home.
This should be easy to verify by the police asking them.

I wouldn't take back roads if I thought someone was tailing me, the more people around the better.
ETA: (edit to add)
Mr Davis has some story.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads