TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I clicked on the link to this story and the 2nd picture (not her professional) picture looks just like a woman who came into my store.

Long story short: I own a store in NH and this woman looks like one of my customers except she is a bit heavier. This customer also has a drinking problem, low income, and is a very nervous woman. I don't work the counter much but a few weeks ago (I lose track of time) this woman came into the store, she wasn't buying beer and she was wearing glasses. I thought Yes she had stopped drinking and looked really good then I realized it wasn't her. I don't think I was looking at her strangely however just something about the way she was looking at me made me pause. Now today I open this thread and I swear it is the same woman.

Please call or email it in to LE, littleone.

call 423-209-8940, Sheriff’s dispatcher 423-622-0022 or submit a tip to investigations@hcsheriff.gov

Hamilton County Sheriff's office
http://www.hcsheriff.gov/

From Sleuthy's link:

Detectives Search Julanne Palmgren's Apartment

July 06, 2011 5:37 PM

We spoke with John Cavett, attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

The mother has lawyer also?

:twocents:I find it interesting that the original reporter Lindsay Jackson (Channel 9) stated that she spoke to John Cavett, attorney for Julann Palmgren on the day of the search and he said he gave them permission to search the property... BUT NOW THAT ARTICLE HAS BEEN ALTERED ....or should I say edited to redact his name (I might add that there is no notation of the original article being altered either).....Interesting ....How do you find this information...?See for yourself....LINK below:fence:
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html

:twocents:I find it interesting that the original reporter Lindsay Jackson (Channel 9) stated that she spoke to John Cavett, attorney for Julann Palmgren on the day of the search and he said he gave them permission to search the property... BUT NOW THAT ARTICLE HAS BEEN ALTERED ....or should I say edited to redact his name (I might add that there is no notation of the original article being altered either).....Interesting ....How do you find this information...?See for yourself....LINK below:fence:
http://www.newschannel9.com/news/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html

Google cache of article from News Channel 9 w/Cavett's name. Note the difference in URL.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...l9.com/news/mountain-1002748-mother-road.html

What's going on with Susan Murphy Milano? I listened to Jammer, and then, just to make sure I'd get a splitting headache, I listened to the two SMM interviews.

At the end of the second one, SMM was all fired up, not going to let Gail's case go, etc etc.

Haven't heard a peep since. Will there be any more interviews or blog posts from her?

A question that popped into my head today, maybe someone can answer for me:

Is there proof that the 'Change of Address' was requested by Gail?

If the request was done by computer, could it have been done by someone other than Gail? Someone who also had access to relevant information necessary to submit the form?

And if it was done by someone else, would that computer's history not be extremely important?

If this has already been answered, apologies.

I didn't realize MP's mother lived only six miles from where MP and GP lived on Signal. I thought she lived further away...And IIRC.. The Mountain Creek apartments are very close to where the W Road starts up Signal Mountain...For certain IF she went down the W Road when she left her home on April 30th, he would have met her coming up the MTN...JMHO...

If the request was done by computer, could it have been done by someone other than Gail? Someone who also had access to relevant information necessary to submit the form?

And if it was done by someone else, would that computer's history not be extremely important?

I'm thinking there is/was alot of important information on those computers..And IMHO those computers should have never been turned over to MP's attorneys..JMHO

If there is/was...we know nothing about it. I'm glad someone else has brought this up. You don't know how many scenarios have swirled around in my brain regarding "someone" else using GP's identity. As much as MP was concerned with such matters, I would check those financials with a fine tooth comb and magnifying glass. IMO

These are the kind of comments that are causing people to leave this forum! How can you hope that Matt has done something and will be caught for it??? Without knowing any details and few facts, mostly what is claimed by AD and theories and rumors here, you are hoping that Matt will be arrested and found guilty of murder-like Sam Parker. That is truly nice...I guess then the kids can go live with which parent? Oh yes, no parents.

I can't believe that so many of you are so excited and anxious to convict someone, that you don't really care if they are guilty or not. You all are trying so hard to make it Matt that you have decided the LE is screwing up and taking orders from the attorneys, that the attorneys are lying and perjuring themselves for Matt, that the judge was either stupid or paid off, even the radio guy-Jammer was attacking Arlene. Sometimes, when it seems like you have to try so hard for the evidence to work into your theory, when you have to make everyone a bad guy, maybe your theory is wrong!

Ok Mods, I know your gonna cut this one, so go to it, but I have held back and not said anything while the search at Mrs. P's went on, but finally, someone hoping that Matt committed murder and will be arrested is just too much!

I have been reading ALL the GP threads from the very beginning, but I have not posted until now. Having read this most recent post from you, I am wondering what concrete suggestions you have to offer to LE (or perhaps have already offered) to assist in locating the present whereabouts (in any form) of Gail. I understand, respect, and accept your viewpoint on the seeming disappearance of Gail, and I also will understand if you don't want to share your viewpoint with those of us who read your posts on this thread, but I believe you may have something to offer that is new and possibly refreshing! Do you care to share your thoughts on locating Gail? Thank you for your consideration.

Anybody can request one for someone else. It's just a simple form you fill out online, and all you need is the person's old and new addresses.

One time my older son missed getting a college financial aid check because he had moved back home from an apartment that he had used as his main address (bad idea for a student). In order to get the check sent again, I changed his address with the post office - took five minutes, didn't need his signature, easy.

It always begs the question too - if MP got a change of address form, what new address was listed on it? We know nothing about that from the police or media so far.

Anybody can request one for someone else. It's just a simple form you fill out online, and all you need is the person's old and new addresses.

One time my older son missed getting a college financial aid check because he had moved back home from an apartment that he had used as his main address (bad idea for a student). In order to get the check sent again, I changed his address with the post office - took five minutes, didn't need his signature, easy.

It always begs the question too - if MP got a change of address form, what new address was listed on it? We know nothing about that from the police or media so far.

:twocents:she rented a PO box

:twocents:she rented a PO box

:twocents:So Sleuthy, based on your knowledge, do you think she did the change of address herself? It would make sense to me, in all of her planning in the weeks before she disappeared and with all of the "monitoring" going on that she might do this to protect her mail. I could also see where someone else could have done it. What do you think?

Sleuthy, do you know this for a fact? Because this could be very important. I'm pretty sure somewhere it was stated that MP said the change was done on 4/30 - the same day Gail went missing. We know she was in Wetumpka in the AM. Did she have a computer there? Or a laptop she would have brought there? Did she do this after she got home around noon, which might have required her to stop in the house for a bit before leaving? I'm pretty sure it wasn't done at the post office in the afternoon, because then THAT would be the last reported sighting of Gail, no?

snipped...

I think you are referring to my post, it's the one you linked to, and I believe you may have read it incorrectly. I did not say he told the kids she went back to the lake, I said maybe they told him that and he agreed, which would lead him to think all was ok and not that Gail was missing. Just wanted to clarify that.

For what it's worth (possibly not much at this point) I was trying to say that the idea of explaining Gail's absence as her "just going back to the lake" was one that came up very early on. I didn't respond to what you said about it specifically because I don't necessarily disagree with you that maybe it was the kids who told Matt, not the other way around. It very well could have happened that way, which is why I thought what you said was interesting.

My opinion is that it didn't matter who told who as much as this was an explanation floated very early on. That's all I was trying to get across.

The explanation is problematic because clearly by the night of the 30th, people knew Gail wasn't at the lake.

As for believing people, fbx has been a great source of info and I appreciate what they have posted. Also, now that I've heard the Jammer interview, I find Arlene to be very credible. Her stories don't sound like lies. I may not agree with everything she does when she gets perturbed, but her information seems coherent, logical, connected, and relevant. I know you and I disagree on this point and that's fine, but regarding the entire scenario, I believe both fbx that a reliable source told them that Gail called Matt about 12:15 on the 30th, and I believe Arlene when she says Matt arrived at the Signal house about 10 minutes later.

But looking at it a different way, hypothetically speaking, if MP was having her followed and knew exactly when she got to the lake house, then he's not going to admit that to the police.

He seems to want them to believe that Gail is paranoid and he had nothing to do with that.

If he was indeed having her followed, he could hardly admit that, now could he?

Therefore, he protests too much that he couldn't know her movements - but actually he could.

How do we really know whether he hired Mr. Mathis after Gail disappeared? Couldn't he or someone else have been working undercover to follow Gail before she disappeared? Hypothetically speaking? He has a pattern of hiring people to do all these chores for him - confronting Arlene, checking on property - letting his lawyers wipe the family computers.

Patterns are patterns, and no matter what he says, I continue to wonder who was on his payroll before his wife disappeared.

That's an excellent point, one I've been thinking about for a bit. If Matt was following her closely as is alleged, why suddenly does he not know anything about her whereabouts on the 30th? If we just had some solid info on the GPS that may or may not have been in the Jeep, that would help.

Really, when you think about it, the whole thing on the 30th is odd. Matt has been said to have been controlling, following her closely, yet suddenly he doesn't know where she is or how long she's been gone. Allegedly his PI doesn't notice or wasn't hired by then. Matt doesn't care when she doesn't return.

Gail has her own PI. They don't notice anything unusual, as far as we know. They apparently didn't call LE because no one did until the 2nd.

Arlene is in contact with Gail every day. Suddenly on the 30th she's out of cell phone range (at a party with others, so there's an alibi FWIW) and doesn't speak to her. Doesn't know what happened on the 30th.

Gail speaks to LE, Diane, is seen by Susie, is with her kids. Probably seen by her PI if not also Matt's PI. Yet moments after dropping the kids off and being seen by Susie, there is nothing. She just vanished with maybe a sighting later that evening.

I can't figure out how that even happens, with all those people knowing about her very immediate problems! All those people knowing something was very wrong AND the sighting by C which went unmentioned for weeks. How does that HAPPEN? How we get from her speaking to all these people on the 29th and early 30th to no one calling LE until the 2nd. And LE not following up on their earlier phone call with Gail at all until Diane and Matt called two days later.

For some reason I clicked on the link to this story and the 2nd picture (not her professional) picture looks just like a woman who came into my store.

Long story short: I own a store in NH and this woman looks like one of my customers except she is a bit heavier. This customer also has a drinking problem, low income, and is a very nervous woman. I don't work the counter much but a few weeks ago (I lose track of time) this woman came into the store, she wasn't buying beer and she was wearing glasses. I thought Yes she had stopped drinking and looked really good then I realized it wasn't her. I don't think I was looking at her strangely however just something about the way she was looking at me made me pause. Now today I open this thread and I swear it is the same woman.

So you have a regular customer and saw someone who looked like the regular, but instead was thinner, with glasses, and didn't buy beer as usual, correct? If you think that person who looks like your regular customer might be Gail, you should probably gather whatever info you have (if any) and let authorities know.

Hopefully Sleuthy1 or one of the locals/friends has contacted you by now regarding this.

ETA: Oops, your post was already answered, sorry for repeating what you knew!

I can't figure out how that even happens, with all those people knowing about her very immediate problems! All those people knowing something was very wrong AND the sighting by C which went unmentioned for weeks. How does that HAPPEN? How we get from her speaking to all these people on the 29th and early 30th to no one calling LE until the 2nd. And LE not following up on their earlier phone call with Gail at all until Diane and Matt called two days later.

Well that certainly sounds familiar. And I'll gladly climb back on that soapbox, except this time to say that having listened to the Jammer interview, I know now that there may be a partial explanation. We actually had this partial explanation before, but I didn't recognize it until I listened to the Jammer interview today.

Patterns of behavior.

Gail tells Arlene she'll go to Mike's house, and Arlene arranges for Mike to go over, but when he gets there - Gail's not there - she's gone to Birmingham.

Gail tells Arlene it's okay to come to Birmingham the next morning and meet her there, but late morning, she texts Arlene - Gail's not there - she's headed back to Signal Mountain.

Gail is supposed to see Arlene, probably for Mike's birthday party, but when the time comes - Gail's not there - she's gone back to Signal Mountain.

So when Gail tells Matt she'll meet him back at the Signal Mountain house, and he gets home, and - Gail's not there - what would everyone who knows her think? Oh that's just Gail - she's agreed to be somewhere again - and not there again.

I remain concerned that with Gail being in extremis around noon, and talking with Diane and LE, well, I don't know what happened there. I bet Diane called both Matt and LE. I bet LE called Matt. I bet Matt said well, Gail has this habit of taking off after agreeing to be somewhere. Diane may have known about this pattern of behavior, so some worry was alleviated on everyone's part.

Until some time had gone by - until May 2 - and everyone knew that Gail's pattern of behavior didn't include no contact for that long a period of time, so calls started being made to LE etc.

I still find it curious that LE seemingly didn't follow up on that call of distress with Gail. I still want to know how they reconciled that Gail was going to be okay. The explanation may be as simple as what I just said - they may well have spoken to Matt or Diane or both, and one or both of them may have told LE that it was a pattern of behavior for Gail. In which case, LE, not hearing anything else, assumed all was well until they started getting more calls on the 2nd.

So when Gail tells Matt she'll meet him back at the Signal Mountain house, and he gets home, and - Gail's not there - what would everyone who knows her think? Oh that's just Gail - she's agreed to be somewhere again - and not there again.

(snip)

I still find it curious that LE seemingly didn't follow up on that call of distress with Gail. I still want to know how they reconciled that Gail was going to be okay.

I agree, I would also love an explanation for why LE didn't follow up on the 30th. Maybe they did and Matt told them everything was okay. If so, surely they would be looking harder at Matt than they are.

Maybe if Gail had planned to drop the kids off and then go somewhere else, she told LE those plans but didn't make it to her next destination. The hardware store rumor may be a rumor, but it makes sense she might to stop for something (maybe new locks) before heading to the lake house.

If those sightings are true, I'd be a lot more inclined to believe she may have had an accident or harmed herself. But the plans for the future make me question her desire to harm herself, and Matt's behavior makes me question the chances she met with a coincidental accident. Giving the computers to his lawyers while stalling a search effort really solidified that for me, FWIW.

And I do want to add that I don't blame the friends or relatives for not following up with her on the 30th, mainly because we know they were worried by the 1st and calling Matt. I suspect if we get phone records we'll see they were calling Gail quite a bit on the 30th, too. My main criticism is that LE and at least one PI knew she was in distress. They're professionals, and it changes everything.

It doesn't surprise me that she was changing her mind all the time. It's a complicated situation to be in, and she may have been all mixed up, not wanting to burden others but also needing help, so she flaked out sometimes. You're right that flaking out might have meant people didn't think too much of it when she was gone for the first several hours on the 30th.

I'm curious as to why Gail wanted Diane to call LE and have them meet her at the home in Signal Mountain when she arrived. Something must have happened that cause this mother to panick and set things in motion. Its more than obvious that Matt isn't in any hurry to find Gail or he would have allowed LE to question their children since they were with their mother on the drive home and probably know what was going on. LE has trained specialists that know how to question children without alarming them, but yet they can get the information they need to help the investigation. These children were the last real people to know what was going on with their mother. Susan may have seen her drive away but Susan never talked to her on the 30th. In my honest opinion, Matt has done everything in his power to hinder this investigation. He only helps when it benefits his cause. Those computers should have never gone to his attorneys but rather to LE. If he didn't have anything to hide then why did it take nearly two months to allow LE to come in and search only after his PI had already cleared everything out? A concerned husband doesn't file for a legal separation, ask for sole custody of the children and ask to take sole possession of the family residence when his wife is missing. Sure he's dropped everything now that it looks like she will never come home again and he's allowed to drain her bank accounts and if what Arlene is saying is true that he's already gone through $40,000 since Gail has gone missing so it sounds to me like he's burning through Gail's funds. How sad! Matt and his attorneys should be ashamed of themselves. It was quite obvious that this mother was in distress for some reason but yet her husband and attorneys go on a smear campaign to smear her good name. They don't even care what happens to her. I would like to know just what did the PI did take out of the house and hide from LE? To be quite frank, it appears to me that Matt and his attorneys are the ones calling the shots for this investigation. I would think LE would have probable cause to get a search warrant when a wife is missing, the spouse files for a legal separation, sole custody of the children, etc. I can't tell you how upset I am right now over all of this. Isn't there anybody down there in LE in TN that gives a damn that this mother is missing? Why the heck is this man allowed to get away with this? He is not above the law.

I would think LE would have probable cause to get a search warrant when a wife is missing, the spouse files for a legal separation, sole custody of the children, etc. I can't tell you how upset I am right now over all of this. Isn't there anybody down there in LE in TN that gives a damn that this mother is missing? Why the heck is this man allowed to get away with this? He is not above the law.

Well, it's a good question. All I can tell you is that for some reason he and his attorneys are getting away with stuff that wouldn't work in other parts of our county, I promise you. :maddening:

I'm still scratching my head about why Lee Davis said that files were deleted from the computers if they were sent away to have files retrieved. It doesn't take an attorney to see the contradiction in that statement. Wiping a computer drive clean is different than file retrieval. *hinky* I hope he is under investigation soon for obstruction of justice, and I really mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member