TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that certainly sounds familiar. And I'll gladly climb back on that soapbox, except this time to say that having listened to the Jammer interview, I know now that there may be a partial explanation. We actually had this partial explanation before, but I didn't recognize it until I listened to the Jammer interview today.

Patterns of behavior.

Gail tells Arlene she'll go to Mike's house, and Arlene arranges for Mike to go over, but when he gets there - Gail's not there - she's gone to Birmingham.

Gail tells Arlene it's okay to come to Birmingham the next morning and meet her there, but late morning, she texts Arlene - Gail's not there - she's headed back to Signal Mountain.

Gail is supposed to see Arlene, probably for Mike's birthday party, but when the time comes - Gail's not there - she's gone back to Signal Mountain.

So when Gail tells Matt she'll meet him back at the Signal Mountain house, and he gets home, and - Gail's not there - what would everyone who knows her think? Oh that's just Gail - she's agreed to be somewhere again - and not there again.

I don't quite see how her interaction with Arlene has anything to do with MP's opinions of her absence. He couldn't know that Gail had cancelled plans with Arlene unless she told him over the phone, and we have no way of knowing if that ever happened.

We're also talking about her behavior on one or two days at a time when her family life is going down the drain and her husband is being unkind and hostile enough for her to call the local police.

We don't know if that was always her pattern or not.

People do act strangely when under duress, but that doesn't mean it is their usual pattern. Everyone's had a day when they just didn't want to see anyone, not to mention driving hundreds of miles just to come home to a hostile situation.

This gets us no closer to knowing where she went or why she left (or if she left of her own free will, or if she ever tried to come back). :waitasec: We still don't even know why she came home that day.

I just don't believe her "pattern" of behavior would lead her husband to assume that things were "normal" if Gail drove away and stayed out of touch, even with the children, for 48 hours over a weekend. It still makes no sense to me.

I wonder if Gail crossed paths with Matt on her way up the mountain, continued to take the kids home and drop them off where she knew they would be safe, and then went back to confront him? Someone else had mentioned something similiar earlier. I still think its possible he hired someone to take her out and that's why he's going through her money like wild fire to pay them off to keep them quiet. If he had someone do something like this to Gail he could find himself pennyless in no time if they are blackmailing him into paying for them off to keep silent and when the money runs out they may possibly blow the whisle on him anyway. Then I would say justice had been served if they were the case. One thing LE could do is follow the money trail. It might tell all. I feel so sorry for Gail's children. One can only imagine what these two poor children are thinking and going through. God bless them and keep them safe.

Neither Palmgren or his children have given statements to police yet. Just, wow.
Good to know that the police still do have options in terms of getting a warrant, talking to the kids, etc.

Thinking on the timing and wording of the article. Was the article the reporter's idea, in hopes it would spur the police to act? Or was this article law enforcement's idea in order to turn up the heat on potential suspects?

OT as to the article, but it sounds like the police were not expecting the computers to be gone when they got to the house. Sounds like MP's attorney didn't volunteer the information that he was removing them until after they came looking for them. Maybe just to be safe, the police should ask if the attorney has sent a Jeep Rubicon out to a lab to be tested to "help look for Gail".....?

Neither Palmgren or his children have given statements to police yet. Just, wow.
Good to know that the police still do have options in terms of getting a warrant, talking to the kids, etc.

Thinking on the timing and wording of the article. Was the article the reporter's idea, in hopes it would spur the police to act? Or was this article law enforcement's idea in order to turn up the heat on potential suspects?

OT as to the article, but it sounds like the police were not expecting the computers to be gone when they got to the house. Sounds like MP's attorney didn't volunteer the information that he was removing them until after they came looking for them. Maybe just to be safe, the police should ask if the attorney has sent a Jeep Rubicon out to a lab to be tested to "help look for Gail".....?

>>Matt Palmgren has not given a statement to detectives, nor have his two children.<<

How in the world can this help find Gail? Assuming he is not involved at all,does this make sense to anyone? I knew LE was not given access to the kids, but I did not know that he himself had not even given a statement. He was not under suspicion by anyone when Gail went missing. I understand lawyering up when people start looking at you, but I don't understand lawyering up and not giving a statement on day 1.

It doesn't surprise me that she was changing her mind all the time. It's a complicated situation to be in, and she may have been all mixed up, not wanting to burden others but also needing help, so she flaked out sometimes. You're right that flaking out might have meant people didn't think too much of it when she was gone for the first several hours on the 30th.

I neither said nor implied anything about Gail "flaking out". I didn't characterize her behavior at all.

I didn't find those actions indicative of "flaking out" or being "all mixed up" at all. Quite the opposite, actually - they seem to me to be attempted assertions of control.

Regardless, I don't think the reasons for the behaviors matter in the context.

[published Sunday, July 10th, 2011
Two months since Gail Palmgren went missing and no signs of foul play
comment share email print font size by Beth Burger

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/10/two-months-gail-palmgren-went-missing-and-no-signs/

Interesting snippet from the article:

With the amount of time that has passed since anyone has seen or heard from Gail Palmgren, if authorities wanted to secure a warrant, they could quite easily, said Wesley Oliver, an associate law professor at Widener University who used to practice in Nashville.

And yet LE doesn't seem to want to secure a warrant but rather do a limited search under the strict guidelines of Matt and his lawyers. Why? I suppose at this late date, it's not likely to yield any results.

I'm thinking there is/was alot of important information on those computers..And IMHO those computers should have never been turned over to MP's attorneys..JMHO

And yet LE doesn't seem to want to secure a warrant but rather do a limited search under the strict guidelines of Matt and his lawyers. Why? I suppose at this late date, it's not likely to yield any results.

The article does go on to say that sometimes LE is at a tactical advantage by waiting. I think when someone is named a suspect there are certain things that you are then allowed to do, but then certain rights also come into play. I'm sure we can ask for some clarification on the lawyer thread if someone is interested in exploring more. (If not, I'll do it later, I'm just too darn tired.)

Perhaps they are certain enough that any harm that came to GP happened elsewhere, from their investigation to date.

Sometimes these cases are more of a marathon than a sprint.

You're right that LE may be just biding their time. I thought that for a while, but I'm not convinced anymore. It's not that I disagree with you Irish_Eyes, I'm just disappointed in LE.

You're right that LE may be just biding their time. I thought that for a while, but I'm not convinced anymore. It's not that I disagree with you Irish_Eyes, I'm just disappointed in LE.

You know, Glorias, I was too, but I don't know, I just have a hunch that this thing is going to break open sooner rather than later. I can't give you a rational reason why. Guess we'll see.

published Sunday, July 10th, 2011
Two months since Gail Palmgren went missing and no signs of foul play
comment share email print font size by Beth Burger

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/10/two-months-gail-palmgren-went-missing-and-no-signs/

“Until it’s clear he’s not going to cooperate, the husband is the best ally in finding this missing woman,” Oliver said.

Don't know about anyone else but It is already clear to me he hasn't beeen willing to cooperate...JMHO

IF it's true, as stated by someone in the comments of the article about the computers that Matt purchased new phones for the kids the day after she went missing, then too believe he scrubbed the hard drives on the computers way before they were sent off. What really sets me off is the blatant remark by the lawyer that if information on the computers have been deleted....then it's deleted. Pretty brazen. Why do I keep envisioning a little guy propped on a popsicle stick with a big sign stating that? The persistence of his legal team saying he/they have done everything in assisting with this investigation while not prompting MP or the children to have a little chat with LE and taking possession of the computers for their own forensic investigation, in my eyes, is as assumption that the watching public is stooooopid. Maybe not...maybe it's just a "too bad, so sad" mentality?

From what I've heard, doing forensics on a hard drive is expensive?.... is this the reason LE didn't ask for them? Maybe I'm completely misjudging here, but what DID LE investigate/ask of anyone in the investigation within the first two weeks? OR was it that MP had already hired a criminal defense attorney and he was "answering" for him? I'd like to know if it's true, that D & H told LE they could do a search within minutes of talking to LE. I'd like to hear LE's side of that...or maybe it was just more legal semantics. JMO

You know, Glorias, I was too, but I don't know, I just have a hunch that this thing is going to break open sooner rather than later. I can't give you a rational reason why. Guess we'll see.

I hope your right.

If they looked at all the electronic/digtal info, they would still have tons of info. If LE requested a search warrant for the puters, phone records, and bank records would it be available from public records or could LE request that not be made public? Curious if the press has been to the court house?

I neither said nor implied anything about Gail "flaking out". I didn't characterize her behavior at all.

I didn't find those actions indicative of "flaking out" or being "all mixed up" at all. Quite the opposite, actually - they seem to me to be attempted assertions of control.

Regardless, I don't think the reasons for the behaviors matter in the context.
flaking out on plans means not showing up as promised. Glorias is referring to your breakdown of the pattern of behavior you described where Gail repeatedly fails to follow through on plans made with others.

beane said:
what would everyone who knows her think? Oh that's just Gail - she's agreed to be somewhere again - and not there again

If they looked at all the electronic/digtal info, they would still have tons of info. If LE requested a search warrant for the puters, phone records, and bank records would it be available from public records or could LE request that not be made public? Curious if the press has been to the court house?

I suspect the press has been everywhere they could possibly edge their way in. I'm not a big fan of the media people right now.

I'm irritated with this morning's headline in the Times-Free Press. "No signs of foul play" is not the same as "no concrete evidence of foul play" or "All evidence of foul play is circumstantial."

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of signs. That's not to say foul play occurred. There can be plenty of thunder and lightning but then no rain. We'll see....

This page has a new name and seems to be growing quickly.http://www.facebook.com/HopeforGail

I for one am glad. Hopefully the new site admin can keep it positive as its intent, taking the high road supporting all parties is important.

More squabbling on the other page is SO counterproductive and disheartening. Like it stated, the children will one day see these pages. I hope they no longer continue to allow it to go on and keep it from trying Matt in the court of public opinion, see where it got OJ and Anthony...it just doesn't work. Period. These possible witnesses are losing creditability every single day...IMHO. The old adage, "you can catch more flies with honey.....," certainly applies. I'm curious if public statements (such as these) can be used in court if it ever came to that?

I suspect the press has been everywhere they could possibly edge their way in. I'm not a big fan of the media people right now.

I'm irritated with this morning's headline in the Times-Free Press. "No signs of foul play" is not the same as "no concrete evidence of foul play" or "All evidence of foul play is circumstantial."

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of signs. That's not to say foul play occurred. There can be plenty of thunder and lightning but then no rain. We'll see....

Just more of the same, I must have missed the original posting - Written by News Staff. July 8, 2011 – 12:12 pm

Questions Abound Over Gail Palmgren’s Missing Home Computers

Newstalk 95.3 "WPLZ news spoke to Hamilton county sheriff’s department public information officer Janice Atkinson this morning.

She will only say that she cannot comment on the chain of possession, since it is, quote, an “ongoing investigation.”

We have a call in with Mr. Davis…we’ll have more on the story as it develops."

http://chattanoogapulse.com/newsfea...tions-abound-over-missing-palmgren-computers/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove