TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gail hired a PI, for the divorce, several weeks before she went missing.

Matt hired his PI, several days after Gail went missing (approx May 6), to find Gail.

I hope LE and Matt's PI have been able to get the info that Gail's PI accumulated in those weeks before her disappearance, and to talk with Gail's PI.

Now I'm confused. I could see Gail's PI talking to LE, but why should he talk to Davis or MM?

I wouldn't think they would.... but I guess my question is more...hmm why would you hire a PI regarding a missing person, when there are multiple LE jurisdictions already alerted to the missing person?

I can understand a cold case- but when did Gail become a cold case, kwim?

I don't think anyone said he should. I think the question was more about had the 2 PI's uncovered any info that would assist LE, and if so, had they turned it over to LE?

Now considering that there are 2 PI's and both have worked on this, they may WANT to get together, compare notes, kick around some thoughts or opinions.

BBM: I think I would. If the goal is to find Gail. Right? :waitasec:

I wouldn't think they would.... but I guess my question is more...hmm why would you hire a PI regarding a missing person, when there are multiple LE jurisdictions already alerted to the missing person?

Families of missing persons hire PIs in their efforts to do everything they can to find the missing person. Personally, I think if a family has the means, it's a great idea.

An example is Gabe Johnson's family. And they certainly didn't murder him, nor was there ever any suspicion whatever or thought they had anything to do with his disappearance. It was all on his mother and Tammi Smith.

They retained PIs because they wanted to find their missing baby as quickly as they could.

Do you think that casts suspicion on them?

I should hope Gail's PI, after being hired and paid by her, if not simply for reason of her being a fellow human being, would want to help find her.

I guess I just don't understand if Gail's PI has talked and shared with LE and has turned everything over to them, why give the info to MP's lawyer and his PI? If LE has it, why do they need it? Do you think Davis and MM turned over the info they gleaned from having sent the computers to their forensic people with Gail's PI? They didn't even let LE know they had taken them prior to the searches. ????? Not seeing the logic....really. imo

I guess I just don't understand if Gail's PI has talked and shared with LE and has turned everything over to them, why give the info to MP's lawyer and his PI? If LE has it, why do they need it? Do you think Davis and MM turned over the info they gleaned from having sent the computers to their forensic people with Gail's PI? They didn't even let LE know they had taken them prior to the searches. ????? Not seeing the logic....really. imo

As I said, I would hope that Gail's PI would be interested in helping to find Gail. An act of humanity and compassion for Gail.

Since Gail's PI was never hired to find Gail, and their job to track divorce related info apparently ended on April 28 when they turned over all their reports to Gail, what would they need info related to Gail's disappearance for at this point? They're not working on anything related to the Palmgrens.

Regarding the computers, I haven't seen that the attorneys/PI didn't let LE know they had the computers. I saw the attorney say he assumed LE knew they had them. I saw the LE spokesperson say she didn't know anything about it and would ask the investigators, and then later say she wasn't going to comment on it.

I don't understand what the computers have to do with Gail's PI though.

I guess I'm not seeing your logic either, holly.

Families of missing persons hire PIs in their efforts to do everything they can to find the missing person. Personally, I think if a family has the means, it's a great idea.

An example is Gabe Johnson's family. And they certainly didn't murder him, nor was there ever any suspicion whatever or thought they had anything to do with his disappearance. It was all on his mother and Tammi Smith.

They retained PIs because they wanted to find their missing baby as quickly as they could.

Do you think that casts suspicion on them?

I don't think hiring a PI casts suspicion on anyone at all.

But I do wonder why- after an adult has been missing for the period of time we are talking about- and LE is still actively working the case- well, I guess I don't understand why a PI, kwim?

Does the PI involvement mean the implication that active LE is incompetent, biased.. or otherwise not invested in finding Gail?

I don't think hiring a PI casts suspicion on anyone at all.

But I do wonder why- after an adult has been missing for the period of time we are talking about- and LE is still actively working the case- well, I guess I don't understand why a PI, kwim?

Does the PI involvement mean the implication that active LE is incompetent, biased.. or otherwise not invested in finding Gail?

If my husband or son went missing, and weren't found within, say, an hour by LE, I'd hire a PI right then and there. I'd want them found as quickly as possible. It wouldn't matter to me one whit how good the LEOs on the case were.

A PI augments LE's efforts to (hopefully) speed things up and find my missing family member. That's a good thing.

I can only speak for myself, but I would want that one additional expert searching to find Gail. If my idea of a PI is correct, they can go places and do things that a police officer really can't. The extra assistance from the PI could be very helpful to the LE's case.

Mike Mathis seems to be somewhat of an expert at finding missing children, so I think he would be very good at finding missing adults also. The fact that Matt hired him seems to indicate that Matt is sincere in his desire to find Gail. He may not be out searching in the bushes or responding to FB posts, but he hasn't really shown the complete lack of interest that most accuse him of.

If my husband or son went missing, and weren't found within, say, an hour by LE, I'd hire a PI right then and there. I'd want them found as quickly as possible. It wouldn't matter to me one whit how good the LEOs on the case were.

A PI augments LE's efforts to (hopefully) speed things up and find my missing family member. That's a good thing.

I totally understand what you're saying, BeanE.

But then wouldn't you then want any and all PI's involved cooperate with LE to the fullest extent possible?

I think maybe I'm being confusing, lol.

Let me try again? If one individual hires a PI to determine grounds for a divorce- and then another individual hires a PI to find the same (now missing) person... I would think the PI hired to find the missing person would be focused on search efforts, not efforts geared toward obtaining evidence to be used in a divorce. Does that make any sense?

As I said, I would hope that Gail's PI would be interested in helping to find Gail. An act of humanity and compassion for Gail.

Since Gail's PI was never hired to find Gail, and their job to track divorce related info apparently ended on April 28 when they turned over all their reports to Gail, what would they need info related to Gail's disappearance for at this point? They're not working on anything related to the Palmgrens.

Regarding the computers, I haven't seen that the attorneys/PI didn't let LE know they had the computers. I saw the attorney say he assumed LE knew they had them. I saw the LE spokesperson say she didn't know anything about it and would ask the investigators, and then later say she wasn't going to comment on it.

I don't understand what the computers have to do with Gail's PI though.

I guess I'm not seeing your logic either, holly.

As in the same thinking of compassion and humanity in finding Gail. I could understand talking; but not sharing confidential info he had uncovered about the divorce investigation. kwim? Do you know for fact that GP's PI was not working on the case after the 28th? Maybe he was......so he would hopefully share MP's whereabouts on 4/30 with LE, but not necessarily with MM or Davis.

This whole computer search/forensics is hinky to me.

I can only speak for myself, but I would want that one additional expert searching to find Gail. If my idea of a PI is correct, they can go places and do things that a police officer really can't. The extra assistance from the PI could be very helpful to the LE's case.

Mike Mathis seems to be somewhat of an expert at finding missing children, so I think he would be very good at finding missing adults also. The fact that Matt hired him seems to indicate that Matt is sincere in his desire to find Gail. He may not be out searching in the bushes or responding to FB posts, but he hasn't really shown the complete lack of interest that most accuse him of.

BBM:
I totally agree.

Do we know if both PI's have (or are) currently assisting LE in locating Gail?

I totally understand what you're saying, BeanE.

But then wouldn't you then want any and all PI's involved cooperate with LE to the fullest extent possible?

I think maybe I'm being confusing, lol.

Let me try again? If one individual hires a PI to determine grounds for a divorce- and then another individual hires a PI to find the same (now missing) person... I would think the PI hired to find the missing person would be focused on search efforts, not efforts geared toward obtaining evidence to be used in a divorce. Does that make any sense?

Yes. Makes perfect sense. Are you saying you think Matt's PI is not cooperating with LE? And/or that Matt's PI is working on finding evidence for a divorce rather than finding Gail?

If so, what leads you to believe that? I haven't seen anything to indicate either.

As in the same thinking of compassion and humanity in finding Gail. I could understand talking; but not sharing confidential info he had uncovered about the divorce investigation. kwim? Do you know for fact that GP's PI was not working on the case after the 28th? Maybe he was......so he would hopefully share MP's whereabouts on 4/30 with LE, but not necessarily with MM or Davis.

This whole computer search/forensics is hinky to me.

I don't think there would be any reason to share every little tidbit of info - just what may be relevant to finding Gail seems the compassionate and kind thing to do.

And no, I don't know Gail's PI continued working - hence my 'apparently'.

The computer thing makes perfect sense to me. LE turned down searching. The attorneys/PI had the computers scanned to see if there was info that might be useful to finding out what'd happened to Gail. It's what I would expect my attorneys/PI to do in similar circumstances.

Yes. Makes perfect sense. Are you saying you think Matt's PI is not cooperating with LE? And/or that Matt's PI is working on finding evidence for a divorce rather than finding Gail?

If so, what leads you to believe that? I haven't seen anything to indicate either.

It's really just a thought process, because I haven't seen anything to indicate either.

Like you, if a loved one was missing... I would hire anyone I thought could help to find them- but I would be relying on LE before doing so. I would also be wary of 'hiring', considering there are so many other resources (available without cost) to help locate missing persons who are missing unvoluntarily. :waitasec:

I might hire a PI if I needed or wanted proof of something other than an accident or other issue causing a person to be missing; and/or if I felt as if LE was failing me in my search for my loved one.

Hmm, does that make any sense?? I am not particularly articulate today.

You are veiwing this as Matt's PI and attorneys against the LE. I have seen no indication that the relationship is like that. This isn't a game where one side wins and the other side looses. In this, if either team looses, it means something terrible. It makes perfect sense that they would work together to find out what did happen. And yes, I do think that if they found anything about Gails whereabouts on the computers, they will or have informed the LE.

Matt has hired THE expert PI in the area to search for Gail. Once Gail's PI turned his info over to LE, if he had anything that could assist in that search, I can't see any reason that he wouldn't share that with Mike Mathis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321