Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
on 5) I think late 30's to late 40's.
on 6) I think it is probably his first crime of this type. Perhaps some pedophilia, maybe peeping tom.

I would add

8) Probably recently had a life-changing event such as a divorce. Now lives by self. or perhaps had cared for elder parent and now they are gone.
9) Avid hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman

good points!

goodnight everyone.. stay safe..

I pray for Holly Bobo...

my whole family does...

I think if the perp was indeed someone who has been obsessed with her, then there is a greater likelihood that she is still living.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...urse-holly-bobos-cell-pinged-after-abduction/

Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine

im not sure what to make of this...

Well, certainly the BF has to know they will check that text out, from his phone. Now, do we know if Holly sent it, or the attacker...no we don't know

If that duct tape with the blond hairs, on the ground, by the side of the road does have evidence of Holly, then:

It may have been a piece this guy discarded that initially he may have grazed her hair with--thus the hairs and the seemingly "new appearance" to it.

If he did discard that portion of duct tape in favor of a different portion to eventually secure to her, then there is always the chance that it could have his DNA on it, from tearing it with his teeth, if he did that, that is.

BBM ~ Why would a kidnapper be that careless (unless someone was trying to stage a scene for some reason).

That's because the press says one thing and LE says another and LE is keeping everyone in the dark and everyone is inferring different scenarios, etc., etc. It's quite a mess. I'm even having 2nd thoughts that LE is doing the right thing by keeping everthing quiet.

The only thing I can think of is if LE suspects someone who is close to Holly as the perp, it may be too painful to report anything until they are 100 percent sure and have no choice but to make public what they know.

BBM ~ Why would a kidnapper be that careless (unless someone was trying to stage a scene for some reason).

The only thing I can think of is if LE suspects someone who is close to Holly as the perp, it may be too painful to report anything until they are 100 percent sure and have no choice but to make public what they know.

What do you mean by too painful?

I don't know how to do a poll but it seems to me that many of us ol' timers on here all feel about the same about this case.

1) This was a well planned abduction, the result of an obsession
2) Brother and boyfriend aren't involved
3) Perp is someone local who was on the periphery of Holly's life
4) We feel there is a good chance Holly is still alive
5) The perp is an adult at least in his middle 20's but probably older (I lean towards 30's)
6) Probably not the perp's first crime
7) Perp has been involved in the searches

Please feel free to add to this list, disagree, do a poll, whatever...

1-planned
2-BF & Bro not involved at all
3-Definitely a local, knew her fairly well, possibly old family ties, as both families may have been in the area for years.
4-Sadly, no
5-Close to Holly's age with a huge ego
6-Not first "crime", but possibly first of this particular type. I'm sure he has little to no respect for women, in particular, but I do feel like he has a GF or wife, possibly
7-maybe, maybe not

I SOOO hope I'm wrong on #4.

i know of no reason to carry or use duct tape while hunting. my husband was an avid hunter and he didn't

My husband has tucked his pants in his boots and duct taped the boots to his pants saying he is keeping the ticks from getting in his clothes. I doubt he actually carries it out into the woods with him though.

Of course her phone would be pinging if people were calling her...but if it pinged within a mile, that either means that someone else was calling her, who did not yet know she was missing, or there was not as much of a lapse before brother realized something was wrong.

What I mean is, if he put her into a car and fled, they should have been more than a mile away very quickly, so it really depends what time the pings occurred and who they were from. If the ping was within a mile and a full hour after the abduction, they must have still been in the woods?

All this new info does is bring up lots more questions :( Especially since it is so vague.

My personal belief is Holly was targeted, based on a sexual/perverse motive, and she was taken away from immediate area. I do not feel she is alive, as I feel this was someone somewhat local and he has resumed his regular activities in community.

new info? just got here. anything new today?

My husband has tucked his pants in his boots and duct taped the boots to his pants saying he is keeping the ticks from getting in his clothes. I doubt he actually carries it out into the woods with him though.

i love duct tape! i'm a master rigger. lol Yeah carrying a roll of duct tape when going hunting would be cumbersome what with everything else needed.

snipped by me.....

I agree there is definitely a suspect, LE is watching him, searchers are needed to find Holly and evidence to tie to the suspect, because those are the 2 elements missing that they need to make the arrest. The 'painful' part is that it is someone who was close to Holly.

IMHO

Someone remind me where the search is tomorrow, please. I scrolled back for it, but my brain is fried & can't find it

LE needs to give some glimmer of hope, otherwise, people are going to start to lose hope and go back to their normal work/school routine.

To say her phone pinged a mile from her home after the abduction, is "something", but it does not help anyone grasp a sense of anything when LE said that they hope to have completely covered the immediate area by Sunday.

If they would just look in the crowd, I am sure he is there...

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how knowing that Holly's phone pinged a mile away 'after her abduction' (what time?) is such helpful info.

Is it rumor that LE has Holly's phone? That it was found? If it was found, where was it found? (I read it had been found on older threads.)

One good thing though, LE can obtain Holly's phone info.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how knowing that Holly's phone pinged a mile away 'after her abduction' (what time?) is such helpful info.

Is it rumor that LE has Holly's phone? That it was found? If it was found, where was it found? (I read it had been found on older threads.)

One good thing though, LE can obtain Holly's phone info.

Where her phone pinged is either 1. Holly's actual location or
2. where the perp was if he/she had Holly's phone.

Where that phone pinged is very important. imo

Does LE need her actual phone to get ping info? I can't remember anymore...

Abstract thought:

The call for 1500 searchers just makes my hinky meter go crazy. LE calls for 1500 searchers on a Saturday. That's a lot of searchers. IF IF IF the perp lives in the area, knows the Bobo family or friends, or even friends of friends, how is he gonna get out of searching ? (assuming he wanted to get out of it). Work would be the only really good reason, otherwise most anyone could give up at least a few hours tomorrow. If the perp does go search tomorrow, that leaves his house/land unattended for a while at least. Hmmmm

ETA: Well of course a Saturday is the perfect day to call for a large search, I didn't mean that part was unusual, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danielrosini