TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial killers don't kill themselves. And, I hate to say this, but this is where I think it is. And, I think that Heather Sullivan was a failed abduction by the same man. I sure hope I'm wrong...

So sorry, I misread your comment. I meant to say that I did not agree. Oops, forgive me, I'm new! (an excuse I'm sure will wear off quickly)

Of course her phone would be pinging if people were calling her...but if it pinged within a mile, that either means that someone else was calling her, who did not yet know she was missing, or there was not as much of a lapse before brother realized something was wrong.

What I mean is, if he put her into a car and fled, they should have been more than a mile away very quickly, so it really depends what time the pings occurred and who they were from. If the ping was within a mile and a full hour after the abduction, they must have still been in the woods?

All this new info does is bring up lots more questions :( Especially since it is so vague.

My personal belief is Holly was targeted, based on a sexual/perverse motive, and she was taken away from immediate area. I do not feel she is alive, as I feel this was someone somewhat local and he has resumed his regular activities in community.

I completely agree. I think it was someone she's had previous problems with, who was obsessed with her, and law enforcement will find them together, both deceased. I do not think this is a serial killer.
I prosecuted protective orders at one time, and have met many stalkers, abusive partners, etc. One particular case ended up in a murder-suicide a year and a half later. Another guy whose wife I helped with a protective order killed their kids later on.

If it's someone who knows her, then I think this is a possibility, but if it's a random thing with someone who is stalking her and has done this before, he will go on to do it again. But, I'd rather hope that she will be found.

I am wondering the same thing! For some reason I feel with each bit of information released (which is not much lol), I imagine his reaction upon hearing the info and getting infuriated with her... :(

WELCOME PibblePal!!!

But, because this is a victim friendly forum, I don't think we are supposed to be talking about that possibility. I get confused on what we can and can't talk about, but I'm learning!

If it's someone who knows her, then I think this is a possibility, but if it's a random thing with someone who is stalking her and has done this before, he will go on to do it again. But, I'd rather hope that she will be found.

I definitely agree with that. Of course predators live in all types of cities, but I tend to believe that a stranger abduction would be less likely in a smaller community and at a remotely located house (statistics may completely refute that, I admit). Add that to her observed behavior standing with the perpetrator and I'm more inclined to believe it is someone she had met before.

I don't believe it is human blood. Animal blood that was staged.
I feel the perp is a person from her church, obsessed with her "perfection."

I think they have tests that can determine right at the scene whether blood is human or not. If not human at the scene, they probably would never have sent it in for testing.

But, because this is a victim friendly forum, I don't think we are supposed to be talking about that possibility. I get confused on what we can and can't talk about, but I'm learning!

Thank you, I'll go read the rules carefully. I don't want to offend or upset anyone!

I think who ever did this stuck to their original plan. If his his plan was to rape her, kill her and dispose of her, it's done. If his plan was to sexually abuse her over time until he gets bored, she's probably still alive.

Nothing in this case, so far, has caused him to steer away from what ever his original plan was. He stalked her and knew when she would be leaving. He knew he was going to grab her and lead her into the woods. What happened after that, we don't know. If he planned to lead her to a remote area in the woods and do what he wanted to her, that's what he did. If he wanted to lead her to a car and move her to his home/shelter, that's what he did.

I'm quite sure of this.

My opinion:

Here's my latest thought. IF IF IF LE did release the info about the phone pinging after the abduction, then LE knows she had her phone with her for a while at least and they know the perp knows it and LE is letting the perp know that they know she had the phone----LE is rattling his cage, playing mind games.

If this info did come from LE, then we will probably start seeing more little slips of info....

I have been reading up and trying to sort out the details. So I apologize if I get something wrong. They found her lunchbox and not her cell phone correct? The lunchbox was found north of her home as I understand. So most would assume that she was taken north and that is where most of the searches have occurred right?

Of course her phone would be pinging if people were calling her...but if it pinged within a mile, that either means that someone else was calling her, who did not yet know she was missing, or there was not as much of a lapse before brother realized something was wrong.

What I mean is, if he put her into a car and fled, they should have been more than a mile away very quickly, so it really depends what time the pings occurred and who they were from. If the ping was within a mile and a full hour after the abduction, they must have still been in the woods?

All this new info does is bring up lots more questions :( Especially since it is so vague.

My personal belief is Holly was targeted, based on a sexual/perverse motive, and she was taken away from immediate area. I do not feel she is alive, as I feel this was someone somewhat local and he has resumed his regular activities in community.

Or the perp tossed the phone and it's still out there in the woods somewhere.
We don't have details or confirmation they found the phone, right? Only media reports which have been conflicting on almost every point so far.

I have been reading up and trying to sort out the details. So I apologize if I get something wrong. They found her lunchbox and not her cell phone correct? The lunchbox was found north of her home as I understand. So most would assume that she was taken north and that is where most of the searches have occurred right?

Yes on the lunch box. There was a report from somewhere that her phone was found, LE says it wasn't. Some on here believe the perp has left a trail away from Holly to confuse LE, that the lunchbox was planted by the perp

To be honest, I don't think LE has done anything to make this perp exactly shake in his boots. He probably thinks, as I do, that LE is totally baffled. Why else would they be asking for 1500 searchers this weekend? They have already searched 10 days, finding a few bits of evidence. They are in a desperate mode to try to find her this weekend before they have change tactics. I don't believe that LE is bringing out these numbers of people simply to try to find her phone.

To be honest, I don't think LE has done anything to make this perp exactly shake in his boots. He probably thinks, as I do, that LE is totally baffled. Why else would they be asking for 1500 searchers this weekend? They have already searched 10 days, finding a few bits of evidence. They are in a desperate mode to try to find her this weekend before they have change tactics. I don't believe that LE is bringing out these numbers of people simply to try to find her phone.

I would say you are correct. LE really doesn't have a ton to go on other than the guy took her into the woods. He could have went in any direction with her so that is one huge task at hand considering he no doubt had a vehicle to transport her to where he intended to take her. The large numbers are to find any evidence that leads them in the right direction.

I haven't been able to read today at all, but my husband is swearing he read that they were moving the search to Hickman Co. Did anyone read that today or do you have a source that can verify it? He has a hunting lease out there, and if they are moving that way they want to go out and walk it just to check and see. It's land that is owned by a paper company, and is locked up at the road gate, but also not inhabited by anyone and very secluded. He said if that is the case, they want to make sure the searchers know about their land and are able to go into it and search it if they need to.

I don't know how to do a poll but it seems to me that many of us ol' timers on here all feel about the same about this case.

1) This was a well planned abduction, the result of an obsession
2) Brother and boyfriend aren't involved
3) Perp is someone local who was on the periphery of Holly's life
4) We feel there is a good chance Holly is still alive
5) The perp is an adult at least in his middle 20's but probably older (I lean towards 30's)
6) Probably not the perp's first crime
7) Perp has been involved in the searches

Please feel free to add to this list, disagree, do a poll, whatever...

on 5) I think late 30's to late 40's.
on 6) I think it is probably his first crime of this type. Perhaps some pedophilia, maybe peeping tom.

I would add

8) Probably recently had a life-changing event such as a divorce. Now lives by self. or perhaps had cared for elder parent and now they are gone.
9) Avid hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman

Ok, I found the article. It says they are looking into leads in Hickman Co. So, if he has land out there do you think it's of any benefit to let the Hickman Co. pd know that it's there and unoccupied? it's a long shot that she would be there, but then again, if they are looking into the lead from the woman in Hickman Co, maybe they are looking at a possible POI in Hickman Co. Too far-fetched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee