TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell phone pinged!

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...urse-holly-bobos-cell-pinged-after-abduction/

not that it says much there... but she texted b/f and phone pinged after abduction

LE needs to give some glimmer of hope, otherwise, people are going to start to lose hope and go back to their normal work/school routine.

To say her phone pinged a mile from her home after the abduction, is "something", but it does not help anyone grasp a sense of anything when LE said that they hope to have completely covered the immediate area by Sunday.

If they would just look in the crowd, I am sure he is there...

Not even a mile from her home, but WITHIN a mile. So it could have pinged even closer to her home. I'm not sure this is such big news though because it was soon after the abduction. If we had the time it pinged last that would be much more helpful. Dang it.

Hi, I'm new. I've read through most of the comments and was surprised no one mentioned that the perpetrator, especially if he knew the family, may have told her that he'd hurt her brother if she called out, or didn't walk away with him. That would be the most effective way to get me to walk off with someone. This is purely conjecture, of course, but it would be a highly effective way to subdue someone without having to even touch them.

:wagon:

I think that is VERY plausible!

UMMMMM shouldnt these areas have been the first searched if they are close to her house?

I have to go look up 5 forks.

I see 5 forks road and i see Ararat Cemetary road it is just off swan johnson ..

Is there a CEMETARY THERE??????????

Well, I hope they look all over the place where it looks like there's dirt roads that look like lightening bolts on the google map.....from the map they look like they could be accessed from 5 Forks Road.

If you find that map again, could you please send a link? I've closed all my maps.

Hi, I'm new. I've read through most of the comments and was surprised no one mentioned that the perpetrator, especially if he knew the family, may have told her that he'd hurt her brother if she called out, or didn't walk away with him. That would be the most effective way to get me to walk off with someone. This is purely conjecture, of course, but it would be a highly effective way to subdue someone without having to even touch them.

Welcome to WS!!!

[video=youtube;uYmB8TaL29I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYmB8TaL29I[/video]
Bring Home Holly Bobo

I am unsure if this has been posted yet or not.

Not even a mile from her home, but WITHIN a mile. So it could have pinged even closer to her home. I'm not sure this is such big news though because it was soon after the abduction. If we had the time it pinged last that would be much more helpful. Dang it.

Well it does confirm she had her phone and that it was on and in operating condition.

I had mentioned a few days ago/week ago that I wondered if all this didnt go down so close to her house that there wouldnt be pings from multiple towers?

But hey its SOMETHING new to discuss here. I think people were getting testy today with the lack of news and multiple rehashings of the usual dead horses.

IF she sent a text AFTER the time she was known to be walking towards the woods, it is big news...but again, I don't take my news from NG, nothing personal.

I am never comfortable with a story breaking first on NG...will wait for confirmation of the ping...

Me too. This source could be someone that lives in the town who claims to "know" what's going on but only going by what they've heard.

Say she did send the text after she was abducted. He may have made her do it because he didn't know that the brother saw them walk off into the woods, buying himself time to get further away.

IF she sent a text AFTER the time she was known to be walking towards the woods, it is big news...but again, I don't take my news from NG, nothing personal.

Oh yeah normally I despise her. But again... its something to gnaw on over the weekend. I dont see a lot of other news in the case. Someone probably leaked out a tidbit to keep the interest up over the holiday weekened

Well Carla they could have been breaking up that docent mean they wouldn't talk. Id like to know if he ans her text?

LOL i don't let anyone off the hook tooo easy LOL

I am coming in late Eileen so please forgive me if this has already been answered. Where is the information coming from that Holly and her boyfriend were breaking up?

I really haven't had any suspicions about him or her brother since this case began. I believe this is someone who has had a fixation and obession about Holly for some time. I hope and pray that LE has talked extensively to Holly's best friends to see if she mentioned feeling uncomfortable around a certain someone.

I have been thinking about the flecks of blood supposedly found though. Could he have told her that maybe a friend of his got hurt when they were in the woods turkey hunting that morning and he asked her to go with him there to help?

The reason I wonder is I do think whomever has taken Holly knows her but not a real close relationship but someone she would be familiar with if she saw him...even knowing his name. For all we know this perp could be someone that works at a place in town that she frequents or even someone at the school.

If he was going to nursing school himself then he would know that if he asked Holly to help him if someone was supposedly hurt I think he knew she would go with him. If he knew where she lived he would also know how long it would take her to get to school and approximately when she would leave her home.

I read on the property listing site that the garage is detached from Holly's home and that would mean he wouldn't have to come up to the home itself in order to approach her.

IMO

At least (if true) it tells us that she had her phone with her, be it in her hand or bookbag, or whatever. At least she had it.

If there is a text, what time it was sent and what it says is obviously vital...and obviously LE knows if and what...

I wonder if pings continued after that time (assuming this is true); or if the battery was removed soon after? Maybe he took the phone from her and took battery out and pinging stopped. Or maybe it pinged for a day or two until battery ran down and they based early searches on that...

Oh to have ANY info to go on, in this case. Times, descriptions of what was really seen...:( I don't even have to have the 911 calls, just some very basic info would be great.

Well it does confirm she had her phone and that it was on and in operating condition.

I had mentioned a few days ago/week ago that I wondered if all this didnt go down so close to her house that there wouldnt be pings from multiple towers?

But hey its SOMETHING new to discuss here. I think people were getting testy today with the lack of news and multiple rehashings of the usual dead horses.

Oh I'm glad you reported it, it's definitely interesting. I just wish we knew what time it was and I guess that was the last ping?

Just gotta ask... didn't we read previously that her cell phone had been found?

carry on

I'm guessing either she sent the text before the abduction and it didn't go through right away or the perp told her what to write.

or its just hype... until le confirms im going to hold off on it... its just too vague which is why i think it is on the blog and wasnt on air... jmo...

depending on how long she was within a mile of her home her phone pings would reflect that... but the texting - that i want to know about. even then since we havent been given anything in which to construct a decent timeline we have no idea how it fits in to anything...

I don't know how to do a poll but it seems to me that many of us ol' timers on here all feel about the same about this case.

1) This was a well planned abduction, the result of an obsession
2) Brother and boyfriend aren't involved
3) Perp is someone local who was on the periphery of Holly's life
4) We feel there is a good chance Holly is still alive
5) The perp is an adult at least in his middle 20's but probably older (I lean towards 30's)
6) Probably not the perp's first crime
7) Perp has been involved in the searches

Please feel free to add to this list, disagree, do a poll, whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech