DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this story in which she describes him as:

tall
skinny

grabbed her arm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-woman-says-skinny-man-tried-grab-too.html

She said he was wearing a gray hoodie. She said he was right outside, that she had barely stepped out the door when he grabbed her. He held her arm tight enough to leave marks on it. She didn't make a sound but the glass on the lantern she had fell and broke and her boyfriend called out if she was OK. The guy took off. She said she knows he had to have been looking inside her house and knew she was coming out the door.

She said he was wearing a gray hoodie. She said he was right outside, that she had barely stepped out the door when he grabbed her. He held her arm tight enough to leave marks on it. She didn't make a sound but the glass on the lantern she had fell and broke and her boyfriend called out if she was OK. The guy took off. She said she knows he had to have been looking inside her house and knew she was coming out the door.

I would think she would have gotten a pretty good look at him, enough to make a composite.

I don't see why he'd have to be looking inside to know she was leaving. If she left around the same time every day it makes perfect sense for him to be waiting by the door.

Same thing for Holly. I'm sure if he was just standing there in plain site she wouldn't have closed the door to the house and proceeded towards her car. He wouldn't be waiting in the woods as that would be too much ground to cover to get to her. He was probably waiting on the side of the house.

Agh.....some of you are planting doubt in my head.

Is this guy smart enough to lead LE on a wild goose chase in the wrong direction? Is he leading LE anywhere at all? Is he back in his home and bed, completely unconcerned about LE or Holly? Is Holly in the complete opposite direction...still alive, still in serious danger.
All of this cell phone pinging talk makes me go back to several days ago and the 'breadcrumbs' that LE said they believed Holly might be leaving for them. Several people--both then and now--speculated that it may be the kidnapper, not Holly, who was trying to throw LE off his trail.
If that was true for the lunchbox and the 'other items' of Holly's......why not for the cell phone too? All he had to do was ditch it in the woods somewhere in one direction, put her in the car and take her in the opposite direction.

I'm also intrigued they're going to be searching a cemetery out there.....I was wondering if in an analytical 'dream' a couple or three large tall tombstones close together (looking cave like) with smaller memorial, even flat, alter like memorials around it might appear as a cave with rocks around it in a dream.

Any ideas? or thoughts on that?

What I would really like to know is more about this previous case in January only 45 minutes (or was it miles?) away. I guess there's not much else to find out, but I'd like to know more about the first victim's description but even more than that I want to know what he did, meaning exactly how he approached her.

The reason I mention this is because there's been some speculation that maybe the man who abducted Holly lured her into the woods with some medical story, which I really don't find likely at all, but I guess anything's possible. Of course not everyone believes these cases are related, and they very well may not be, but for now I believe they are.

From what I've heard, the suspect in the first incident grabbed the woman, but she never mentioned a weapon, she never mentioned his saying anything to her, etc. If it's the same man, I believe he would use a similar MO in Holly's case, although I guess perps have been known to change their MOs, especially if the first attempt didn't work out so well (although I don't see how introducing a weapon would stop someone from being startled and dropping something, as happened in the first case).
The other case was in Centerville which is about 45 miles to the east and a bit north of Darden. HS was unable to really get a good look at the guy although she may have gotten a quick glance at part of his face. It was very early in the morning and still pretty dark I imagine. That’s why she was carrying the lamp/lantern outside when she went to her car. She had already made one trip to the car so I imagine the guy saw her hand/hands were occupied as well as he had the element of surprise on her. He didn’t have time to do anything to her besides grab her arm because once the glass shattered the b/f yelled out to her and the guy ran. She was very lucky sounds like.

I think this guy is a stalker and probably a peeping tom as well. From watching the house, he probably knew what time people in the house got up, knew they carried a lantern/lamp when they came outside which would, as I mentioned above, have her hands occupied. I think IF it’s the same guy that abducted HB…..he was doing the same thing…..knew what time they got up, who left when and, that the female he had his eye on…..HB…..usually/probably always had her hands full every morning when she went to her car to leave for school. Both females were probably just focused on what they were doing…..HS going to the car to get a pack of cigarettes and HB loading her school gear/purse/etc into her car…..neither suspecting they were about to be ambushed or attacked.

I don’t know if HS and her boyfriend live together but I’m sure it would have been obvious to the stalker that a man was frequently around. Same thing with HB…..2 men around. Surely if the guy was watching the house for any length of time he knew HB’s brother was usually there when she left in the mornings. Even if her brother’s schedule was different that morning…..his vehicle was there probably so surely the stalker knew HB wasn’t alone. YET…..whoever the guy is he seemed to have no fear going right up to a female’s house….with a male right nearby, and try to abduct them and unfortunately, in HB’s case, succeed at it. This guy’s bold if it’s the same perp.

I don't see why he'd have to be looking inside to know she was leaving. If she left around the same time every day it makes perfect sense for him to be waiting by the door.

Same thing for Holly. I'm sure if he was just standing there in plain site she wouldn't have closed the door to the house and proceeded towards her car. He wouldn't be waiting in the woods as that would be too much ground to cover to get to her. He was probably waiting on the side of the house.

At 5:30 am they would have had the lights on inside the house. Maybe the blinds were closed but if not, he could have seen inside pretty easily.

I read about this through diff news media and My hunch is this is totally bs or if it did happen theres no connection

I dunno....I go back and forth on her concern for Holly's family and her self-promotion. It was very odd on her FB page....seeing all of the requests for her friends to watch her on the Today show and how she kept trying to link Holly to her own story.
She's fairly young, so maybe my age just makes me think she's acting rather odd for a victim.....
but if some unknown, UNCAPTURED stranger attacked me in January, I would take it personally and think about ways I could minimize my danger and fear. Since her attack, she doesn't seem fearful or worried at all....and she still allows every stranger in the world to read all about her daily activities.
It just isn't what I would do.
I hope that it was all a made up story and that she is and was always completely safe, but I also hope she isn't lying for the sake of Holly and her family.

We are on the same wave length. I think the dad was right when he said he thinks this person knew their routine, but I don't necessarily think that means it's someone who knew them well. Someone who knew them well would have seen mom and dad leave and know that CB was still there. If he could ID you, that's a pretty big risk to take in broad daylight.

I think this person went to a large public place...popular bar, Wal-Mart, mall, etc. and saw her there and followed her home and began stalking her. Or maybe he works at the hospital where her clinicals are. I even mapped hospitals and Wal-Marts and malls to see if both HS and HB might have gone to the same ones, and it's possible, but not that likely.

We had a case here a few years back. A fireman who was a rapist. He would see attractive women driving around in cars and get cop buddies to run plates for him (without knowing why he wanted them.) Then he would get their addresses and go to their houses and steal their mail. That was his signature, his one weird hang-up. He'd stalk them, learn their routines, and then at some point, rape them. What was terribly scary is that when they caught him, my mom's good friend, who has two pretty daughters the same age as me and my sister got a call from the police...he had some of their mail in his house.
OMG :eek: that gave me the goosebumps....still got em.

I agree with you about him spotting them in a public place somewhere possibly in two different towns. I don't think the two females have any close ties to each other or a common link between them other than possibly being abducted by him. Of course this all just my thoughts and theories. I'm kind of building a profile of this guy in my mind slowly but surely. It depends on any new info we might happen to get though and my current theories could fly right out the window :doh:.

How many of you think that abductors read these forums as guests or worse yet actually write on them?

I have this strange feeling we are "being watched".

I read about this through diff news media and My hunch is this is totally bs or if it did happen theres no connection

With regard to this being BS, it has been confirmed that she reported this incident back in January, so whether or not it's true, we at least know that she didn't make it up because of Holly's story. I believe her, because I have no reason not to.

What are the chances of someone making up a crime like this, then a few months later it really does happen to someone else in the area? Not very likely, unless you'd consider it to be kind of a copycat or suggestive idea, but I'm not even sure how widely this first incident was reported (then again I don't live in Tennessee).

How many of you think that abductors read these forums as guests or worse yet actually write on them?

:eek: Funny you should mention that. I kind of got the same feeling the past few days and I don't think I've ever felt like that the whole time I've been a Websleuther.

Most of what we work with here though is public information so it's already available we're just putting the pieces together that they often already know. KWIM?

Always assume you're being watched on here, it's a safe bet.

True. Sometimes I have to quit Websleuths for awhile, I start feeling so paranoid and scared. Reading all the horrible things that happen starts getting to me.

Eh... I don't know. Not particularly likely in this case, I'd think. I do believe that people associated with some cases do find this forum (we know the victims' family members do), but in this case for one thing it would be way too risky to get on the internet and leave any kind of trail, I'd think (although he may not be that smart), and if he really is in the woods/on the run he may not have internet. Although, I tend to believe this is someone who is a little more technology savvy and "modern" than Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper, so I'm not so sure he's hiding in a cave, but who knows. You could be right.

I dunno....I go back and forth on her concern for Holly's family and her self-promotion. It was very odd on her FB page....seeing all of the requests for her friends to watch her on the Today show and how she kept trying to link Holly to her own story.
She's fairly young, so maybe my age just makes me think she's acting rather odd for a victim.....
but if some unknown, UNCAPTURED stranger attacked me in January, I would take it personally and think about ways I could minimize my danger and fear. Since her attack, she doesn't seem fearful or worried at all....and she still allows every stranger in the world to read all about her daily activities.
It just isn't what I would do.
I hope that it was all a made up story and that she is and was always completely safe, but I also hope she isn't lying for the sake of Holly and her family.
I sent her a message on fb because I was concerned that it is open for all to read, I mentioned that if her attacker was stalking via FB then for her safety I would make it private and careful not to mention where or what you are doing. She replied back to me a "Thanks"

Always assume you're being watched on here, it's a safe bet.
Creepy thought. I guess it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility especially if the guy is not a total backwoodser and has modern day electronics/computer/etc......and......he is a stalker. At least I think he is.

I have no idea why I'm up this late but now I'm creeped out thinking about a criminal possibly watching/stalking our discussion......I'll probably have to sleep with the lights on tonight.

That does happen, some of the posters have called LE & had them come & read the posts! They seemed to have info only the killer would have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties