TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this has been said and I have missed it...but perhaps they have triangulated the POI's cell, and are searching in an area they believe he could have left her body based on pings, and are waiting to have a body, and gather more evidence before moving in? Still trying to hold hope she is alive, but, the slow pace this is moving in is really draining what hope I still have....seems they would be in a rush if they had reason to believe she is alive....but at this point who knows!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

I don't think you're going to find any source where LE states a specific point of entrance or exit the abductor and Holly took. If you do, I'll eat my hat...

I don't recall Le ever saying that either. I do recall them talking about it in the context of the person had to know the exit and entrance points, and also in the context of Clint's eyewitness report of where they were heading to the woods.

I want to go back to the other day when greengreen said that he was told that the situation is like a "powder keg." I've also read elsewhere that the situation is "volatile."

Volatile and Powder Keg is really the same terminology so really they confirm what each of the people are saying.

Now if Holly's parents are in the fact in the know who is responsible (I truly feel they do) and knowing that they have LE standing on guard outside their home 24/7, what is the theory that would coincide with the terms "powder keg" and "volatile?"

I'm new to this case, but have read most of what has been posted. When I first read about the terminology "powder keg" and "volatile" it got me thinking. I wonder if it means that the case is about to blow? That maybe there is a break in the case we don't know about, and they are hopeful on finding HB, and know that once the local public finds out who or what happened it could be "volatile"? JMO :waitasec:

I'm not totally convinced the abductor would have needed to know the woods all that well, as long as he had been in and out at least once before and had made a plan, as to where to park and the quickest way to get back to the vehicle with Holly. I hope LE has more than that to tell them this has to be a local, or a "community member."
It will be interesting to see if LE requests searchers once the weather clears; they have not had volunteers out since Sunday, have they? I noted a tweet from WN that said no volunteers "today or Tuesday" from earlier in the week, so I assume that was Monday and we know they did not have any yesterday or today. Did the "find" on Sunday lead them to believe the suspect hit the interstate w/Holly? Or left Holly behind and fled on his own?

It has been over two weeks; it this is a local, someone would surely notice if the person had been gone all this time and it is unlikely in a small town that more than one person would be "missing" from home for this length of time, and yet there have not been any rumors to this effect, i.e. the man in the trailer up the hill has not been seen, etc...or the guy who sells newspapers at the college. You would think someone would dig up this info and it would come out. So is this really a local, or did he resume his normal activities within a day of abduction?

BBM....I think some of the other factors are that he was wearing Camo (common for that area), and the assumption that he had to have known her routine to know a "good" time to grab her.

I've seen many posts over the past two weeks where people have said they believe this man may have wanted her for his "bride" or similar wording. Would people think that if he was not in "camo" and it was not rural Tennessee? Just wondering...have never/seldom heard that assumption in any other cases where young women were abducted. We all know why they are usually taken and it is not for a permanent arrangement. Just strikes me as kind of strange.

I can't help but wonder how much the meth problem may end up rearing it's head into this. Not saying at ALL that she had any of these problems, just that when you're busting 2000 or so labs a year in the state that's supplying a lot of criminal users.

Your post made me wonder if there is a possibility that this might be related to CB after all. I read earlier (but can't find a link) that he is a 'social worker' of some sort.

Could this be a revenge from a meth head or someone like that that CB had to deal with in his job duties? Perhaps he was "to blame" for someones kids being removed from their parents or some such.

Wild speculation on my part and all just rumor so don't anyone take this as fact. MOO

I've seen many posts over the past two weeks where people have said they believe this man may have wanted her for his "bride" or similar wording. Would people think that if he was not in "camo" and it was not rural Tennessee? Just wondering...have never/seldom heard that assumption in any other cases where young women were abducted. We all know why they are usually taken and it is not for a permanent arrangement. Just strikes me as kind of strange.

I don't think camo or rural or Tennessee has anything much to do with it....I think it has to do with Holly's dad saying that this person knew their routines and the connotation being that this person stalked Holly....I think it's a different MO than someone who is abducted off of a jogging trail or broken down on the side of the highway, etc. which would be more random encounters....

Concentric, I enjoy reading your thoughtful posts on many of the threads here at WS...:seeya:

I hope you weren't meaning to question your initial, excellent memory, it was spot on !! I found this post from not my kids in thread #9, post #156 (sorry, not sure how to link back to it)... ?(thanks to not my kids also, for posting this initially !!)

ETA: My bad, they don't give the exact location, but they sure did let it slip that they know where that point is...IMO
---------------------------

Oh, thanks, appreciate it.

Here's the video:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...n=Feed:+CBSNewsVideo+(News+Video:+CBSNews.com

It's the wording that is not clear. Mr. Gwyn is talking about the abductor having to know the terrain to be able to enter and exit as they (he) did. It's just a comment about that person having to know the terrain. I don't think it's a slip that LE knows the entry and exit points. I think it's a slip in using the correct wording, is all. JMO

Your post made me wonder if there is a possibility that this might be related to CB after all. I read earlier (but can't find a link) that he is a 'social worker' of some sort.

Could this be a revenge from a meth head or someone like that that CB had to deal with in his job duties? Perhaps he was "to blame" for someones kids being removed from their parents or some such.

Wild speculation on my part and all just rumor so don't anyone take this as fact. MOO

Somewhere I read that CB did have something to do with social work but I also remember nursing home in that same article. Not sure if I can find it now.

Added: Can I link to Case Signal? Went back and found it there.

I think that they might found her cell phone and with searchers on their hands and knees I think they were looking for sim card.

I'm not quite following this line of thought. Because they have to be "seated' to function, I don't think it's possible for a sim card to fall out of a phone accidentally. Probably not even if the phone is thrown, unless it breaks apart.

So is the thinking that the SIM card was deliberately disposed of separately and they received another tip about it? Or that they think the perp would ditch the phone and SIM card separately but close enough together to warrant a search for that alone? I'm confuzzled... :waitasec:

I'm not totally convinced the abductor would have needed to know the woods all that well, as long as he had been in and out at least once before and had made a plan, as to where to park and the quickest way to get back to the vehicle with Holly. I hope LE has more than that to tell them this has to be a local, or a "community member."

It will be interesting to see if LE requests searchers once the weather clears; they have not had volunteers out since Sunday, have they? I noted a tweet from WN that said no volunteers "today or Tuesday" from earlier in the week, so I assume that was Monday and we know they did not have any yesterday or today. Did the "find" on Sunday lead them to believe the suspect hit the interstate w/Holly? Or left Holly behind and fled on his own?

It has been over two weeks; it this is a local, someone would surely notice if the person had been gone all this time and it is unlikely in a small town that more than one person would be "missing" from home for this length of time, and yet there have not been any rumors to this effect, i.e. the man in the trailer up the hill has not been seen, etc...or the guy who sells newspapers at the college. You would think someone would dig up this info and it would come out. So is this really a local, or did he resume his normal activities within a day of abduction?

Strongly agree

Ya know its as good an idea as all the others!
What if the guy called Clint and said hey look out your window! he sees the guy walking off with his sister he calls 911 and maybe gives the guys name this being why we wont hear the 911 call....

Heck i dont know i have more stories in my head then stephen king LOL

IMO, this is a sexually motivated crime and this is not going to have a happy ending. :(

---------------------------

Here's the video:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...n=Feed:+CBSNewsVideo+(News+Video:+CBSNews.com

It's the wording that is not clear. Mr. Gwyn is talking about someone being able to enter and exit the woods like "they" did, that that person would have to know the terrain.

This does not mean "they" as in Holly and the abductor. He's talking about the abductor. He should have used like he or she did perhaps.

That's what it was IMO.

I think "like they did" means without anyone else seeing them ie, he exited where he knew there were no houses

IMO, this is a sexually motivated crime and this is not going to have a happy ending. :(

I always assumed that was part of the equation, however to me it doesnt quite fit the profile of a lot of sex crimes. Certainly its not like, say, the Hillside Stranglers where leaving and posing the body for LE to find was an important part of the crime. Its not like the recent Dittmeyer case either where they found her car (with blood in it) and her body a small distance away. Aside from her being missing and presumed to be abducted we dont know exactly what has gone on.

beats me, a this point any theory is a good one.

Ya know its as good an idea as all the others!
What if the guy called Clint and said hey look out your window! he sees the guy walking off with his sister he calls 911 and maybe gives the guys name this being why we wont hear the 911 call....

Heck i dont know i have more stories in my head then stephen king LOL

There's no talk anywhere of seeing people searching professional or not. It's as if since Sunday they've pulled back searching for her for whatever reason at least publicly. LE knows something one way or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member