TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The attached garage converted to living space on the ONE STORY house is not the carport, IMO. The carport is the standalone building seen to the west of the pool.

Here is my take on the layout of the house and land.

I think you are right, great eyes. That makes sense in every way.

Close, but still a 40 min. drive. I posted before that he also has hunting land out in Hickman Co. that he and some buddies lease from a paper company. He says there is a ton of brushy, wooded, uninhabited land between west Hickman Co. and the river. I asked him to compare the density of the treeline pics I posted with his lease, and he said the lease is brushier, by far right now.

The attached garage converted to living space on the ONE STORY house is not the carport, IMO. The carport is the standalone building seen to the west of the pool.

That makes total sense...my DIL said the drive was gravel where the carport was....it's clear that the majority of the drive is paved, but the portion where that building/carport is is gravel

I don't see anything leading to Holly's brother. Unless Ive missed it in this case... I haven't heard one unkind word said about this entire family. I see no dysfunctional family with any prior issues. They truly seem to be a very close tight knit family which isn't uncommon to find especially in the south, imo.

The abduction scenario doesn't make sense to some simply because we don't know exactly what transpired and how she was abducted because we weren't there when it happened. Then we try to use our logic instead of the abductor's thought processes and try to second guess what Holly should have done. It really just becomes a guessing game at this point.

Being the last known person never means that person is the one that harmed their family member. If that were an indicator then that would mean that everyone who went missing or was harmed it was done by a family member or the last known person to see them and that simply is not true.

Someone has to be the last known person to see someone before they go missing in every case that happens. Since Holly was abducted from her own home in a very rural area it only makes sense that person would be a family member who lived at the same place.

The flecks of blood found seems to me to be some type of wound that made a small prick in either the neck area or maybe her side and it sprayed tiny specks/flecks out when a vein was hit releasing a small mist of blood/flecks on the ground.

Of course the forensic experts can tell a lot about the blood pattern/spatter left behind. So I don't think the perp was bleeding but Holly was. Not enough to gravely harm her but enough she knew he was very serious.

I think he knew her habits and he was in the garage waiting when she came to get in her car.

IMO, none of the family and friends of Holly are the suspects they are looking for.

The week prior Helm reiterated that no one has been ruled out in Holly’s abduction, and added that “the focus of law enforcement developing a suspect is outside immediate friends and family. Both Clint [Holly’s brother] and Drew [Holly’s boyfriend] have been helpful and cooperative throughout the investigation. Clint is being treated as an eyewitness.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Holly Bobo Abduction: Police presence in Henderson County - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...olice-presence-henderson-county#ixzz1L6SrFZMJ
IMO

Woa..thanks Ocean. This is new info, correct? I don't ever recall Helm being quoted last week or so saying the immediate family and friends of Holly are not in the suspect pool.

This is news!! Thanks again for posting.

:)

This is not the actual article I was first thinking of but perhaps it will help clarify. After I paste the quote, I will provide the link.

"Bud Grimes, a spokesman for the University of Tennessee at Martin, said Bobo was studying to be a licensed practical nurse through the Tennessee Technology Center. She was taking classes at the university's extension campus in Parsons, but was not a UT-Martin student."

There have been so many skewed statements made in articles about this case. However, I do know our tech and university programs personally...unless there have been changes since I retired.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/04/14/general-us-tenn-woman-abducted_8407520.html

Thanks for the detail. What I am not seeing, however, is any kind of concrete or driveway extension where the carport is. From the aerial it looks more like a place to store ATVs than a regular car, not to say hers wasn't there though. :waitasec: MOO

Thanks for the detail. What I am not seeing, however, is any kind of concrete or driveway extension where the carport is. From the aerial it looks more like a place to store ATVs than a regular car, not to say hers wasn't there though. :waitasec: MOO

The driveway extension is gravel.....not uncommon at all in rural areas.

That makes total sense...my DIL said the drive was gravel where the carport was....it's clear that the majority of the drive is paved, but the portion where that building/carport is is gravel

Now it makes more sense. Thanks. :)

Here is something I came across, it is a photo of the driveway leading up to the Bobo Residence. I thought it was interesting how open the area seems adjacent to the drive. I never thought it was that clear. (I wonder if the neighborhood watch sign up was before this took place?)

Tenn_Woman_Abducted(2)_t607.JPG

That's a good catch, Stolly.

Maybe some neighborhoods with those signs are being proactive and haven't had problems in the past, but most of the time I've seen those signs, they were in rougher neighborhoods and were likely a reaction to previous crimes. For such a tiny town, Parsons has a lot of missing girls over the past 30 years and it's just odd to see that neighborhood watch sign in a rural, isolated area. I wouldn't be surprised if once they get her abductor behind bars, the crime rate will plunge in various categories ranging from kidnapping to burglary.

I hope this isn't a repeat, I haven't seen discussion of the 4 cases, maps etc.

The video here is a must watch, for those following Holly's Case.

There are 4 other Female Victims of Abduction and/or Murder, all within 1 hours drive of Holly's abduction location.

These cases need to be looked at, IMO.

Here are the points I gathered from the video:

-All 4 Crimes occurred within 1 hour of each other.

-Could the perp have been incarcerated for long periods of times during the 30 years these crimes occurred?

-Evidence Found in the case of missing sisters, was a Pack of Marlboro Cigarettes (Hard Pack), butts put out in it

Names of 4 Victims:

Victims 1 & 2: Sisters Carla Atkins and Vicky Stout:

In 1980, two teenage girls walked to a store in Dover. They bought their items, began the one-mile walk home and were not seen again.

Six weeks later, (sisters) 14-year-old Carla Atkins and 16-year-old Vicky Stout were found dead. They had been executed in a remote area of Land Between the Lakes.

Victim 3: Leanne Greene:

In Dickson County in 1987, 18-year-old Leanne Greene and her brother ran out of gas. Her brother jogged to a gas station. He returned 8 1/2 minutes later to find his sister gone. She's still missing.

Victim 4: Sheila Bradford

In 1992, Shelia Bradford went to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. She had some information about a man she knew. Two days later, she disappeared; 18 years later, there's still no body and no clues.
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27708018/detail.html

I hope this isn't a repeat, I haven't seen discussion of the 4 cases, maps etc.

The video here is a must watch, for those following Holly's Case.

There are 4 other Female Victims of Abduction and/or Murder, all within 1 hours drive of Holly's abduction location.

These cases need to be looked at, IMO.

Here are the points I gathered from the video:

-All 4 Crimes occurred within 1 hour of each other.

-Could the perp have been incarcerated for long periods of times during the 30 years these crimes occurred?

-Evidence Found in the case of missing sisters, was a Pack of Marlboro Cigarettes (Hard Pack), butts put out in it

Names of 4 Victims:

Victims 1 & 2: Sisters Carla Atkins and Vicky Stout:

Victim 3: Leanne Greene:

Victim 4: Sheila Bradford

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27708018/detail.html

Although the first two cases you referenced are pretty close to each other, the distance to Darden or Parsons is a bit misleading. There would be no way one could make it from Parsons/Darden to Dover or The Land Between The Lakes area within an hour. Even Mapquest indicates it would take 1 hr 45 minutes. Those who live in rural areas know that it often takes much longer.

Doesn't mean they can't be related....who knows?

I believe one of the last things published to the public by the Holly Bobo LE team was that they were looking into these cases.

It would be interesting if the searchers that were on their hands and knees were told to specifically look for cigarette packs. Hmmmm.

This might also explain why the initial (or publicized) search efforts seemed to be going in a northerly direction.

Another day has passed... wow lots of posts to catch up on, but read them all... while I had lots of hope that LE was making progress, now not so sure, hope I am wrong!
Surprised how quite the family remains - perhaps a sign that LE is keeping them well informed and they (the family) are okay with investigations...

well that's my 2-cents for this thread...

My brother and I are about the same age difference as Clint and Holly... except he is the younger one.

We both live at home out of necessity due to my Mom's medical issues. Due to those same medical issues I kind of raised my brother. When he's going somewhere he tells me, when he's not coming home that night he tells me. My parents ask me where he is.

Last night he left around 7pm and was going to two friend's houses. But he didn't mention spending the night.

Around 5am when I was going to bed I realized he wasn't back yet.

A) I could have become concerned, because normally he is home by 3am and if not will call to let me know whether he is coming home or not.

B)
I could have thought "he probably fell asleep and just didn't call me, or is being the designated driver and will be home shortly."

I did not call to see where he was.

I'm sure he is fine. I don't want to bother him. He is 20 years old and that's his business.
I'm sure he will be home soon. :eek:

Now this is from ME... someone who follows these cases and knows what can happen. Someone currently following Holly's case very closely.

My brother said (when he walked in the door 25 minutes after I had this realization) in Clint's situation he likely would have done the same thing... if I didn't have kids that I would be leaving in the house.

Another day has passed... wow lots of posts to catch up on, but read them all... while I had lots of hope that LE was making progress, now not so sure, hope I am wrong!
Surprised how quite the family remains - perhaps a sign that LE is keeping them well informed and they (the family) are okay with investigations...

well that's my 2-cents for this thread...

It seems like there was a real shift in releasing information to the public. That might have come about because of the issue related to the brother's description early on in the development of the case. There is a big difference between "dragged" and "led." [video=youtube;XWGS5I2iBu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWGS5I2iBu4&feature=related[/video], and the TBI put the kibosh on that.

I will say one thing, I've watched as many news conferences as are available online, and I truly believe the Sheriff (Roy Wyatt) is a good man (tearing up at times), doing the best he can and in no way would have put out the word "dragged" out there or let news anchors say it, if it in fact did not have some type of truth behind it.

This is a great photo. Especially b/c it's a winter shot - defoiled. Thanks so much for all your work Carla. One can see how there would be a couple of paths through the woods, especially towards the direction of the water. Then it looks like you could probably get from the water directly back to the road, bypassing the driveway.

I stared at it for a while wondering - how do you get a victim - against their will - from the carport, towards the woods and manage to get the victim back out of the woods into a vehicle of some type?

Again...we can see that not only did the perp know Holly & the family's schedule, they knew this land - these particular woods - as a hunter or 4-wheeler would know them. "Ins and outs".

Class Schedule from Campus Course Catalogue:

So, someone (male) that knew her school schedule, knew her regular class schedule was ending in 2 weeks, knew her parent's schedule, and the woods around her house, would not raise much suspicion if his timing was off/mission failed and he was found on the property by Holly's parents - hunting possibly - has ATV handy, and laid in wait to nab Holly for themselves... :waitasec:

IMO, this is exactly what Holly's father was trying to say the day the family made their only statements. His statement, combined with the family's silence ever since - makes me think the family really does know who did this. That would also explain why they've been so silent...

Of course LE's been through this process of elimination - hopefully the list is very short and they are applying pressure in the right place...

Still trying to understand out how LE has been able to follow tips, apparently successfully, collecting things related to Holly in (seemingly) random places they could not find them so quickly without said tips...

Who is providing these tips? People that also know who did this to Holly?

Just noodling things. So many things to this case that just stick with you and make you believe they should be able to figure this one out.

:cow:

This is very interesting indeed, and I agree with you. I see now from Carla's work how easy it would have been to drag her, shall we say, from her own back yard to somewhere else fairly quickly.

I live in the eastern part of TN and the woods by our house is easy to walk through in the winter but as soon as everything starts growing back you can hardly walk. I'm guessing it's much the same there.

I'm in middle TN, and ours is much the same. However, one reason I'm having trouble with the idea that the woods are some sort of impenetrable thicket is that it's been said many times that the boyfriend hunted their property on a regular basis. Since I'm sure he wasnt hunting in the front yard :floorlaugh: one would believe he is hunting in the woods. And I have yet to see huntable woods in Tennessee that would too awful for a dog to handle as was claimed early on. I'm thinking that was an exaggeration made by someone, just MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay