TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The attached garage converted to living space on the ONE STORY house is not the carport, IMO. The carport is the standalone building seen to the west of the pool.

Here is my take on the layout of the house and land.

This makes much more sense to me on how this guy could have secreted himself while Dana and Karen came out and left for work, and could remain hidden until Holly came out to her car to leave for school. His ability to do that in front of the house is much more limited, and that had me puzzled.

It also makes sense to me that if looking out the window and seeing someone walk across in front of the carport (crossing in front of the carport building) on the gravel and towards the woods, one would say they went "across the carport" - meaning they were crossing in front of the carport, not inside it, and the direction they were going in was towards the woods.

So... a scenario that works for me is the perp hiding inside the carport, where Holly's car is parked, Holly comes out, gets to her car, perp reveals himself, he does whatever he did to cause blood, and possibly screams at that time, holds her arm and compels her to walk with him out of the carport, crossing in front of it, at which point Clint looks out the window, sees them as they walk towards the woods.

Thanks for that, nora. Now I'll have to find something else to obsess about. :)

Well for one, based on a photo like this, I could find my way around that property fairly easy without having to spend days and hours casing the house.

Ive been in the woods in FLorida year round. I imagine its very similar. In some ways FL may be more impenetrable in a lot of areas since its swampier, more mangroves, marshes. We live in a wetlands area but you can still get around pretty good. Ive played paintball in the woods here year round. At least TN doesnt have crocodiles and alligators that I know of.

No, we have bobcats and rattlesnakes. :eek: But, of course, snake boots and a pistol will pretty much take care of those. :wink:

Oh I know what I'll obsess on next - why didn't the perp just put her in her car and drive her car to where he had his own vehicle? What made trudging through the woods with a victim in tow preferable?

I am still under the impression that the carport had been enclosed to make a living space, that no vehicles actually parked there. I was told the whole family parked in the driveway. /as far as people saying it would be easy to navigate. It's not. There are a lot of unmarked roads in the area and you would HAVE to know where you were going. I believe the reason LE is stating this is because there were other people that did NOT witness seeing a vehicle in the area at the time. Remember this is when a lot of people would be leaving to go to work. This is why it was believed they went through the woods to get to a vehicle that was not seen by anyone that morning.

That makes complete sense. Sometimes what is NOT found or seen can tell you almost as much as what is.

It seems like there was a real shift in releasing information to the public. That might have come about because of the issue related to the brother's description early on in the development of the case. There is a big difference between "dragged" and "led." The sheriff seemed to be completely fine with people saying dragged, and the TBI put the kibosh on that.

I will say one thing, I've watched as many news conferences as are available online, and I truly believe the Sheriff (Roy Wyatt) is a good man (tearing up at times), doing the best he can and in no way would have put out the word "dragged" out there or let news anchors say it, if it in fact did not have some type of truth behind it.

I believe that the word dragged has no truth to it, and am more likely to believe she was led as opposed to dragged. Led into the woods makes sense, because if she were dragged, her brother would have started making calls ASAP and would not have assumed that her boyfriend was literally dragging Holly into the woods. Led is the only scenario that makes sense. I believe it's exactly like LE says, at least in this one part of this whole mess. They said dragged, with the assumption that an adult women wouldn't walk into the woods with someone she didn't know well unless she were physically dragged. That was later revealed to be nothing but a misstatement or a simple slip of the tongue. Initial reports, be they eyewitness, media or even LE, are often wrong in one detail or another, or sometimes in nearly every detail.

As much time as LE has had to spend dispelling and correcting rumors after the "dragged" comment, I'm sure they regret that word every being spoken and that statement may be part of the reason that the sheriff is no longer speaking publicly about the case. JMO.

Oh I know what I'll obsess on next - why didn't the perp just put her in her car and drive her car to where he had his own vehicle? What made trudging through the woods with a victim in tow preferable?

I have had the same question, however can think of some reasons why not. First, getting in her vehicle would probably leave fingerprints and/or DNA behind and would require ditching the vehicle. Second, getting in her vehicle would require going down the driveway to the main road and risk being seen, either while inside her car from someone inside the house, or at the place of transfer to his own vehicle, or perhaps his own vehicle wasn't parked on the road but in a place where her car couldn't access. And lastly, going through the woods was a shorter distance back to his vehicle. MOO

We can obsess together. That detail has driven me crazy since day one. Think about it, he leaves her car, takes her to the woods, leaves her car in the carport...why not take the car? Even if he was afraid that someone would see him driving it, he could have made her drive. If he had taken her car, the blood would have been contained in the car, and it would have bought him as much as a full day before she was reported. Her family would have believed that she went to school and maybe went out with friends after, even if it wasn't her routine, the concern would have been slower to set in. Instead, because of the way he chose to take her, it was reported within an hour.

This guy is no genius. Smart maybe, but he ain't no Einstein.

Has anyone tried to search the property assessor maps? Some Cities and Counties actually have pretty good maps and floor plans of the properties. :)

Tennessee's assessment department has aerial pictures that look the same as google. Decatur county only has about 6-7000 people in it total. I checked their website and it doesn't look like their assessor is even online.

That's a VERY good question. I hadn't thought to ponder about this - but you're right!

Maybe the initial plan was never to remove her from the area, but to just do whatever it was he was going to do and leave her there. Perhaps his plan was foiled when she was able to scream or he may have come to realize that Clint was home.

Thank you (I think) for taking my head down a completely different path.

TBH BeanE, I don't think they went through the woods....at least not far. I bet the perp had a car near by unseen by Clint.

This makes much more sense to me on how this guy could have secreted himself while Dana and Karen came out and left for work, and could remain hidden until Holly came out to her car to leave for school. His ability to do that in front of the house is much more limited, and that had me puzzled.

It also makes sense to me that if looking out the window and seeing someone walk across in front of the carport (crossing in front of the carport building) on the gravel and towards the woods, one would say they went "across the carport" - meaning they were crossing in front of the carport, not inside it, and the direction they were going in was towards the woods.

So... a scenario that works for me is the perp hiding inside the carport, where Holly's car is parked, Holly comes out, gets to her car, perp reveals himself, he does whatever he did to cause blood, and possibly screams at that time, holds her arm and compels her to walk with him out of the carport, crossing in front of it, at which point Clint looks out the window, sees them as they walk towards the woods.

Thanks for that, nora. Now I'll have to find something else to obsess about. :)

BeanE are you postulating that Clint looked out the window in response to the scream? (And... he wasn't alarmed by the scream, once he saw the walking couple?)

Tennessee's assessment department has aerial pictures that look the same as google. Decatur county only has about 6-7000 people in it total. I checked their website and it doesn't look like their assessor is even online.

You can indeed find it online. Not sure if I can post a link here. It's the same pic that has been shared here.

We can obsess together. That detail has driven me crazy since day one. Think about it, he leaves her car, takes her to the woods, leaves her car in the carport...why not take the car? Even if he was afraid that someone would see him driving it, he could have made her drive. If he had taken her car, the blood would have been contained in the car, and it would have bought him as much as a full day before she was reported. Her family would have believed that she went to school and maybe went out with friends after, even if it wasn't her routine, the concern would have been slower to set in. Instead, because of the way he chose to take her, it was reported within an hour.

This guy is no genius. Smart maybe, but he ain't no Einstein.

Now see i dont think this guy went there to abduct her this is why he didnt toss her in the car and take off....
I think it was a confrontation and it got way out of hand and in anger did the ultimate harm to her.

I hope this isn't a repeat, I haven't seen discussion of the 4 cases, maps etc.

The video here is a must watch, for those following Holly's Case.

There are 4 other Female Victims of Abduction and/or Murder, all within 1 hours drive of Holly's abduction location.

These cases need to be looked at, IMO.

Here are the points I gathered from the video:

-All 4 Crimes occurred within 1 hour of each other.

-Could the perp have been incarcerated for long periods of times during the 30 years these crimes occurred?

-Evidence Found in the case of missing sisters, was a Pack of Marlboro Cigarettes (Hard Pack), butts put out in it

Names of 4 Victims:

Victims 1 & 2: Sisters Carla Atkins and Vicky Stout:

Victim 3: Leanne Greene:

Victim 4: Sheila Bradford

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27708018/detail.html

After watching this video of the man that investigated the murder of the two sisters, and he mentioned the cigarette pack with Marlboro cigarette butts and he said they saved it but the evidence never made it to the lab, it makes me wonder if he is saying that evidence disappeared or if it is still in an evidence vault somewhere. Could the searchers in Holly's case that were on their hands and knees have been searching for a Marlboro cigarette butt? Just speculation on my part. I hope LE has more evidence in Holly's disappearance than we are aware of. I really do hope none of these tragic cases are related as it may indicate a dreaded outcome.

I should clarify I was thinking maybe they thought if the two sister's cases were related to Holly's case, they could compare DNA on a Marlboro cigarette butt to the ones they found at that crime scene and supposedly saved. Hope that makes sense?? That is only speculation that they could have been looking for those butts in the search on their hands and knees. Oh gosh I don't think I am making my point clear at all. Sorry.

BeanE are you postulating that Clint looked out the window in response to the scream? (And... he wasn't alarmed by the scream, once he saw the walking couple?)

I think maybe he heard *something*, but was unsure what it was, so looked out, or perhaps heard Holly scream so looked out and yes, seeing Holly walking with who he thought was her bf, found no cause for alarm. He may have thought Holly was simply startled when she first saw her bf and shrieked, or that her bf had played a prank that made her scream.

I'll make sure it is brought to the attention of a proper authority.

Ok, since it's raining and I am bored, I made you some pictures of the treeline behind my house so you could see how dense the brush can be right now in TN. During the winter, you can see the building behind my house and to the ground on the brushline.

I'm south of you in Brentwood and that looks exactly like it looks behind my house. I have lived in a lot of places in my life (even Alaska) and I have never lived in a more lush, heavily green area. There are other places that have heavy brush, but because we have had so much rain in the past month, I can't imagine anywhere that is more dense than TN. Florida doesn't get as much rainfall and it seems like every day of rain things grow another 5-6 inches. Our deck is about 20 feet from the heavy woods and we haven't been able to see the other side of our community for at least 6 weeks, whereas in the winter you can see through the leaves. I just don't think that people understand the density of our foliage here.

I'm thinking the scream carried across the water to the neighbor's.

He either bound and gagged her there - perhaps where a vehicle was in wait - or, the scream was the end, and the rest is an effort in body disposal.

Still too difficult to think about for me, frankly.

But the original LE request for help with ATV information haunts me.

JMHO.

That haunts me too- LE asking for info about ATV's, obsessive cleaning of such vehicles, new tires, etc...... I'm also wondering if ATV trailers are common in the area (they could carry a bound person and their items) Also- are ATV's street legal in Darden/Parsons? praying for Holly's safe return.....

I think the word "drag" may get used a lot more loosely in Tennessee than some other places. Drag is often used as a slang way of saying someone is trying, in a pushy manner, to get someone to do something or go somewhere.

For example, my family tried to drag me to church this morning, but I didn't want to go. That doesn't mean they physically wanted to drag me in the literal sense of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell