TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no. I am not.
Apparently I didn't read it, rather I saw the video early on that BeanE just posted.

no problem Jo. My sense of humor is very odd, so they tell me. And ... admittedly, I have been known to let it slip out around the forum here and there. :giggle:

It's a coping mechanism. :yes:

Good night y'all! I have a heavy heart tonight, and just don't know what to think about HB anymore. I hope and pray that she is found and that she is safe.

I am not at all saying the family is involved in H's disappearance. However, I do believe the family should be giving public appearances, as has been done in most abduction cases we've heard about, and LE should be giving regular updates. The vibs are that LE doesn't really want outside help or advice, and the perception is the media and public are a negative. Not so. They can be very helpful.

I just don't believe LE is keeping information close to their vests. Rather, they seem to be flitting from a part of one county to a different direction in the same or another county, which makes me believe they don't have a clue where Holly could be. How long will it be before people around the area figure out the current strategy isn't working?

I am not at all saying the family is involved in H's disappearance. However, I do believe the family should be giving public appearances, as has been done in most abduction cases we've heard about, and LE should be giving regular updates. The vibs are that LE doesn't really want outside help or advice, and the perception is the media and public are a negative. Not so. They can be very helpful.

I just don't believe LE is keeping information close to their vests. Rather, they seem to be flitting from a part of one county to a different direction in the same or another county, which makes me believe they don't have a clue where Holly could be. How long will it be before people around the area figure out the current strategy isn't working?

I really see no need for the family to come forward and beg for Holly to be returned. In fact I think that is just an added weight families have to carry if they do speak out. It certainly isn't going to make a difference to the perp that abducted Holly except maybe to feed his fiendish ego. IMO, Holly is not coming home alive and the suspect does not have one bit of compassion for Holly or her family. He hides.........like the stinking coward he is.

And so many times when a family does speak out they are so criticized and critiqued on what they say, how they say it, all the way down to how they bat their eyes or how they wear their hair.... so really what good does that do in finding Holly?

If LE is not asking for help it is because they have evidence to believe that Holly is deceased, imo and they are already pursuing a suspect or have certain suspects in mind.

If by some miracle Holly is out there alive somewhere her photos has been put out in numbers in the MSM and the internet so if spotted people will call in, imo.

This missing person case is only three weeks old and sometimes they are hard to solve because the person has just vanished but then sometimes LE does find evidence or gets that vital tip that will solve the case. So I have hope Holly's case will be one of those solved.

IMO

good morning peeps..

I think I recall upstream someone asked if they were searching today:

Investigators have been working in the county and looking further into the case from the command center, but no one was out searching for Bobo on Sunday, he said. Because of weather, there may not be any search teams sent out today, but investigators will continue to work, Mehr said.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110502/NEWS01/105020319

blood is not rumored. and it was found at the carport. and it was not a "lethal" amount of blood. whatever that means.

so we know there was blood found at the carport .... we just don't know anything about the blood.

Newb alert. Well, not a newbie to crime forums, but new here. There have been many comments I wanted to reply to, but was waiting on registration and the admins here have no doubt have been busy.

I have about 6 pages of reading to catch up on from last night. So, please excuse me if I speak to something that has already been asked, answered, etc.

Just a few thoughts for now. Oh, almost forgot. Because of the amount of mis-communication and eroneously posted facts from the media, I'm basically to the point that if I can't see it on video coming straight from an officials mouth, I file it away with a grain of salt. Ok, back to my thoughts..

1. The blood and it's location. - There is a video posted in a case file on another website where Lt. Wilbanks is asked a question about the blood. His response was, "We did find some blood there just outside the door". He didn't specify if it was a car door, or house door.

2. The question about who made what calls and to who the morning of Holly's disappearance. I saw someone posting a theory that had CB calling DS when he realized his sisters car was still there. And then, calling his Mom. - If I were CB my FIRST call would have been to Holly herself to ask, "Hey, where are you"? (let me insert here that I do NOT believe CB is involved in her disappearance).

3. The searchers on their hands and knees looking for what most have assumed might be cigarette butts. - I believe most people could see those with the naked eye. My hunch on what they were searching for was a SIM card to the phone that was allegedly found there. SIM cards are very tiny, and would be tough to find if you weren't on your hands and knees.

The SIM card in and of itself would not be useful to the investigation unless it had fingerprints on it from someone they considered a POI. I say this because, the SIM card regardless of what phone it was used in would have had it's calls recorded by the carrier. Which means, LE would already have access to phone records and activity.

Thems my thoughts fer' now.

I think my brain has gone numb trying to figure all this out. I'm a semi-local, meaning I live in A town very close to Parsons. A large amount of the searchers are people from my town. It is really like one big community and I've known Holly's cousin for several years. I have replayed every possible scenario of her abduction in my head and somehow none of them make sense... Of course everyone is frustrated here and wants answers, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I wish they would release something, just to give a little more hope. There are so many rumors going around it will make your head spin.

Just out of curiosity, what are TN's laws regarding cell phones and driving?[/QUOTE]

Not talking but texting is.
Talking is prohibited for learners and bus drivers only.

http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/bystate/tn.html

http://handsfreeinfo.com/tennessee-cell-phone-laws-legislation

"■Text messaging prohibited while operating a motor vehicle in Tennessee.
■Drivers with learner’s permits or intermediate licenses are prohibited from using cell phones while driving.
■School bus operators prohibited from using cell phones while driving, if passengers are present.
■Installation or use of video monitors in a motor vehicle are prohibited if the intent is to provide entertainment or business content for the driver."

lol.

I think the post meant that the police interviewed/canvassed the neighborhood and at that point when they spoke to the neighbor who heard the scream, the scream was reported - from memory.

IMO, that might just be how it got reported. Very possible.

I recall the neighbor scream report was that it was heard at the time the neighbor was going to work - (if so... they could time the scream by the leaving for work time).

I'm sorry, can't remember when, but I think I read that early on. Anyone recall?

Correct. Thank you for the clarification...

The obvious question is why would someone not report a scream when it occurs. But, think about it - How many times do you hear something odd, then you look around and listen, then nothing else happens. More often than not, you brush it off.

I personally try to be diligent, sometimes to my own embarrassment. A few months back, I heard what I thought was my neighbor being assaulted by someone in her home. Turns out that she had just installed a new sound system, and I was hearing the movie that she was watching :)

I really see no need for the family to come forward and beg for Holly to be returned. In fact I think that is just an added weight families have to carry if they do speak out. It certainly isn't going to make a difference to the perp that abducted Holly except maybe to feed his fiendish ego. IMO, Holly is not coming home alive and the suspect does not have one bit of compassion for Holly or her family. He hides.........like the stinking coward he is.

And so many times when a family does speak out they are so criticized and critiqued on what they say, how they say it, all the way down to how they bat their eyes or how they wear their hair.... so really what good does that do in finding Holly?

If LE is not asking for help it is because they have evidence to believe that Holly is deceased, imo and they are already pursuing a suspect or have certain suspects in mind.

If by some miracle Holly is out there alive somewhere her photos has been put out in numbers in the MSM and the internet so if spotted people will call in, imo.

This missing person case is only three weeks old and sometimes they are hard to solve because the person has just vanished but then sometimes LE does find evidence or gets that vital tip that will solve the case. So I have hope Holly's case will be one of those solved.

IMO

Very well said! Thank you for saying what I am thinking!

Some families are just very private, they might find it hard to speak out in public. Especially considering, as you said, their words are always picked over and taken apart and analyzed endlessly. I would find it difficult myself.

As for how LE is handling this, I can't speak for them, but I have to believe there is a reason for what they're doing, and why they aren't telling the public any details right now.

I will continue to pray every day that Holly is found soon and that her family will have the strength to get through this somehow.

Very well said! Thank you for saying what I am thinking!

Some families are just very private, they might find it hard to speak out in public. Especially considering, as you said, their words are always picked over and taken apart and analyzed endlessly. I would find it difficult myself.

As for how LE is handling this, I can't speak for them, but I have to believe there is a reason for what they're doing, and why they aren't telling the public any details right now.

I will continue to pray every day that Holly is found soon and that her family will have the strength to get through this somehow.

I think what happening here is that there is sooooooooooo much silence ppl just want someone to say Something, anything at all.

Many ppl see silence as covering up things we see it here all day long
conspiracy. coverups. someone in a high standing in a community.

In my opinion if the rumors are going to stop someone that has some ans is the only one to stop em.. JMO and my :twocents:

Correct. Thank you for the clarification...

The obvious question is why would someone not report a scream when it occurs. But, think about it - How many times do you hear something odd, then you look around and listen, then nothing else happens. More often than not, you brush it off.

I personally try to be diligent, sometimes to my own embarrassment. A few months back, I heard what I thought was my neighbor being assaulted by someone in her home. Turns out that she had just installed a new sound system, and I was hearing the movie that she was watching :)

When I was a teen growing up in Chicago...I was walking home from my summer job one evening and heard screams...I looked in the direction of the screams, heard nothing further and continued to walk home. I later found out that a woman had been raped and murdered in an alley near where I heard the screams. That fact has continued to haunt me my entire life. Of course back then there were no cell phones, and I'm not sure what Chicago police would have done if I called when I got home to tell them I heard screams, it was Chicago after all! But it bothers me that I did not call. If I heard screams now, I would at the very least investigate if possible, and if not, I'd call the police and report what I had heard.

2. The question about who made what calls and to who the morning of Holly's disappearance. I saw someone posting a theory that had CB calling DS when he realized his sisters car was still there. And then, calling his Mom. - If I were CB my FIRST call would have been to Holly herself to ask, "Hey, where are you"? (let me insert here that I do NOT believe CB is involved in her disappearance).

Agree... But, my assumption is that there was no answer by Holly. Then, @ that point, calls were made to boyfriend, then mom.

Someone just suggested that perhaps Holly did answer that call. Good thought. Now, that would likely prompt Clint to call 911 immediately, followed by a call to mom. But, there would be no need for a 2nd call to authorities, if Clint reported that he had already contacted 911.

All just speculation...

This may have been mentioned before, but it was a thought that occurred to me last night. I wonder if Holly used the "foursquare" app on her phone. It's popular with many young adults/teens and IMO, a stalker's paradise.

Welcome to WebSleuths, SunSoaker!!

Thank you, shefner. :sunshine:

Phew, finally caught up on the posts from last evening, and this morning.

I have the same frustations that most of you have with the lack of information, wrong information, no pressers, the family's seclusion, and the un- answered questions by LE to even the most basic questions.

However, it took me until the 29th to put together what I thought/think could be a plausible theory for why all this has been happening (or not happening). Keep in mind this is IMO, which is based on nothing but reading comments made by other posters and forums all over the internet. So, here goes.

The POI(s) (if there is more than one) may not be a wealthy person but may be a person in a position of power/influence/highly respected in the community, etc. They could be wealthy, but in a town as small as Darden, your position in the community may be more important than your wealth.

This person would have a job that would allow him to be unaccounted for, for long periods of time. Someone like a contracter, a farmer, a cop, a pastor, a landscaper, etc. Any kind of profession that would allow someone to be un-accounted for, for just a few hours would have had an opportunity. This person may have also slipped themselves into the investigation and the search without seeming out of place because of who they are. This, would put them in the perfect position to throw off suspicion, and stay informed about the investigation itself.

If the POI is a young person, all of the above still applies, but instead of applying to the POI directly it applies to his parents, who are aware and protecting him. For the reasons I just noted I've finally been able to at least justify why we have heard basically nothing substantial about this case from LE.

In justifying the family's silence (which IMO, is atypical of these kinds of cases), I assume that is due in part, if not in whole at the encouragement of LE (see part 1).

Which brings me to the part 2 of my theory...

Clint's initial statement was that he saw a person who he believed to be Holly's boyfriend leading her into the woods.

What IF after some hard thinking, further recollection, and maybe even him just putting a few things together for himself, they (he and the family, and now LE) have realized they know exactly who it is, but because of WHO it is they are recluctant to release this information until they can either A.) Prove it, or B.) he messes up and makes a mistake.

If this person is someone (or part of a family) who is influential or highly respected in the community I can completely understand why the Bobo's and LE are being so tight lipped. If they come out and name a POI and they turned out to be wrong, that tiny town would have strife among family, friends and neighbors for years to come. They definitely don't want to set up a Hatfield and McCoy situation, that's for sure.

If I were Clint, and I had come to realize who the person was that morning I would definitely think that it is in my, and my family's best interest to keep a lid on it (with the exception being LE). You for sure don't want to ring that bell, knowing you can't un-ring it.

Again, this is ALL JMO. And, it's the only thing that has kept me sane for the past couple of days. Now, if or when something happens to blow my theory out of the water, I'll be back to obsessively looking for news every 10 minutes. :banghead:

I think what happening here is that there is sooooooooooo much silence ppl just want someone to say Something, anything at all.

Many ppl see silence as covering up things we see it here all day long
conspiracy. coverups. someone in a high standing in a community.

In my opinion if the rumors are going to stop someone that has some ans is the only one to stop em.. JMO and my :twocents:

You're right, many people do see silence as covering up, but I just don't think this is true in this case. I could be wrong, they just haven't struck me as that kind of folks.

I was reading elsewhere and followed a discussion of several pages, regarding why the mom's eye makeup wasn't running, if she was really crying in that one t.v. interview. Honestly, has no one heard of waterproof mascara?? I wear it a lot, especially when I go out in town, because my eyes water from allergies. It just seems that a few seem to look for something to gossip about and if it's not there, they make it up. Not referring to anyone here, this board tries to squash most rumors, thank goodness!!

Very quiet in here today!
Im not so sure they are going to find Holly!
Im not so sure they have much of anything!
A lunch tote!
Whatever else they found may not have belonged to her at all.
If thats all they have then they dont have anything.

We dont know that the neighbor called one of the Bobo's after hearing a scream
from what i recall clint called after he saw the blood. So clint wasnt worried that she walked off with her BF . I wonder where the BF works?
So many questions not any ans :banghead:

Very quiet in here today!
Im not so sure they are going to find Holly!
Im not so sure they have much of anything!
A lunch tote!
Whatever else they found may not have belonged to her at all.
If thats all they have then they dont have anything.

We dont know that the neighbor called one of the Bobo's after hearing a scream
from what i recall clint called after he saw the blood. So clint wasnt worried that she walked off with her BF . I wonder where the BF works?
So many questions not any ans :banghead:

Yep...I imagine this thread will go by the wayside as others have...and that saddens me. I agree that what we actually KNOW as fact is not much at all. Hoping LE knows more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed