TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Lots of questions indeed.
And, lacking further info- I'm going to go back to thinking about this individual:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/robert-william-fisher

He matches a lot of similar reports, and has not been located yet.
Have there been any reports of arson or fires associated within the area?
Thoughts, ya'll?

This isn't the first time I've seen someone suggest this guy, but I think I missed something. Why would this guy be involved? The only info I know about him is what's at the above link, but he is a family annhilator, so the MO is very different and he's from the complete opposite side of the country. He's not at all the local boy turned abductor that LE is describing. ??????? When you say he matches a lot of similar reports, what does that mean? Were there reportings of him being in Tennessee???

Not sure if this helps or not, but just putting it out there in regards to the question about kidnap vs. abduction and that HB's is listed as kidnap..

In the Hailey Dunn case, 13 yr old missing from CCity, Texas whom supposedly was last seen leaving her home(Dec 27) by her mom's boyfriend who states that Hailey told him to relay to the mom she was stopping off by her dad's house and then going to a friend's to spend the night... Hailey has never been seen again. In the affidavits that have been released per the FOI it is stated as a 3rd degree kidnapping and that LE believe the mom's white 2000 chevy lumina was probably used As the mode to transport her. They list the details in the affidavit in order to show cause for a judge to grant the search warrants that LE were seeking in order to test the entire chevy lumina(which they did succeed in getting the SW and have NOT released any of the evidence found in the car&said they wouldn't until it went to trial)...

Hailey still remains "missing" and not a trace of her since Dec 27, the only witness in that case was the mom's bf whom is their only suspect(as CB IMO would be in totally different classification as a witness)...

As I said I don't know if that helps or not but just wanted to show another case that LE STATED was kidnap rather than abduction and it having totally different circumstances(atleast upon first glance)..

One other strange thing is that as was above mentioned that Holly is listed as kidnap on FBI list.. To this day Hailey Dunn has yet to even be added to the FBI's Missing Persons( and many of us still are left scratching our heads over that one??)..

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

I wonder how FBI decides who they post on their site, as Haleigh Cummings is there and that is thought to be a possible family-type situation, a la Hailey Dunn who is not represented. And nearly everyone is listed as "missing"...only the ones with a witness to a car or person involved seem to be labeled as "kidnapping."

i keep thinking about the blood today, just brainstorming here;

someone that knows her and knows she is pursuing nursing comes out of the woods just as she is leaving, they have blood on them and tell her "oh my god holly, we need you quick, so and so was just shot accidentaly while we were hunting, he is right in here we have to hurry"

*drip* blood on ground, she doesnt resist - but to an observer it does look like she is being ushered quickly into the woods but also not fighting, which works with both witnesses reports. maybe he tells her there is no time for 911 they have to stop the bleeding, gets her far enough into the woods and then subdues/forces her to continue on once she realizes something is up.

if the blood on the ground is blood from an animal that would fit with this scenario.

this is total speculation by me, no idea if other evidence works with this. but if the suspect is in fact a hunter they might be someone who would do something like this, and they might leave items in different places to throw off the trail.

i agree with people that have mentioned scenarios like this sound too much like TV but its just something i thought of today. the blood on the ground puzzles me, i wish we knew whose blood it is. hopefully the police already do.

I had come up with that same scenario. He could have even told her that he had already called 911. As you can see from how long it took for LE to arrive at the Bobo home, if there were a true emergency, it would be helpful to have someone with a medical background already on the scene.

Being an amateur, I don't have much more to go on than what I see on TV. When I was thinking about this scenario, I was thinking what would get ME to go into the woods willingly with someone. TODAY - NOTHING WOULD!

I don't even get why they would put this out there for the public? Do they have to according to law?

To me it seems like they are saying, "Hey if you are operating an unlicensed or unsafe vehicle we'll be looking for you at US 641 in Benton."

Gee...let's see....how many people that are unlicensed are going to take that route today, unless they are totally dense.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I do not get it.

They've been conducting these roadblocks on Friday evenings for awhile now.

poor Holly... where is she? she is not at home with her family where she needs to be.... the public cares about Holly and what is going on to find her. I pray we hear something of what the investigation is turning up soon.

I can't even imagine how CB feels. He must think, "If only I did this..." or "If only I did that." It could have changed the outcome. But how could he know? If it were me, I'm not sure I could handle it. My heart just breaks for him.

Seems she would have put her things down if she was going into the woods willingly, with an idea of helping someone on some sort of ruse. And that she would be more likely to follow him, not allow him so close to her as to appear she was being "led" and "in fear for her life" as we have heard from LE. And though we have not heard, it does not sound as though they were walking in a way that indicated hurrying, i.e. as if someone were injured in the woods.

It is possible, I guess, but I think he showed her a weapon and she froze, that is the only way I can imagine she would not have dropped her belongings.

On foot, a military forced march (the distance a trained soldier can hike at a fast pace during one day) is not much more than 15 miles in heavy woods. Even on roads its something like 20 miles. So I doubt Little Nicky could do it easily on foot. Even in a truck driving 20 miles cross country in the woods (and at night) would take some time and make some noise too.

But again who is this unnamed local source.

I recall reading the post and actually went back to look for it, but couldn't locate the post. Heck, it could be one that was deleted, it's hard to tell.

There are strips of land that are cleared for those gigantic metal electric power lines. This path does exist less than 1/4 mile from the home of the person we were discussing with regard to this post. I suppose it COULD be done on an ATV within 30 minutes or so, but this is all speculation on my part and the perp would certainly have to know that this type of route does exist. But he would definitely have been out of area before the search began. As for the noise, I don't believe anybody would notice at all. At that time of day, the noise could be anything - chainsaws because of the trees being downed from the recent storms, a lawn mower - anything. It certainly wouldn't result in me taking pause to notice.

Surely the brother would know if the perp was wearing a hat, jacket, etc, or even carrying a weapon. Was the perp pointing a gun at her and forcing her to walk into the woods? A lot of the details just don't add up in this case.

Yes, to the clothing. But that may be a detail the TBI is holding back. If they have few details, they need something only her kidnapper knows. Whether or not he was wearing a hat or jacket might be one. He might not know about a weapon - depending on angle.

Aparently this leafy lookin stuff is what all dapper turkey hunters should wear.

http://www.txfowlers.com/Breakup_Jacket_pant_Whitewater_Outdoors.asp

as an aside a friend of mine invented a radio control turkey hunting decoy that pops up and down and turns around. Kinda strange but I guess it works or he thinks it will work. It has these big plastic turkeys on top.

OT
The well-dressed turkey hunter doesn't need all that at our house. Apparently our turkeys are, well, stupid. My husband hopped in the golf cart, wearing a tshirt and jeans, to go get the mail and shot a turkey on his way back. In less than 10 minutes. His co-workers had a fit. They said if you could get a turkey sitting in the open, not even wearing camo, you weren't turkey hunting. You were turkey murdering... :floorlaugh:

Back on topic:
More seriously, though, a person can be in full camo without wearing the hood and all that crap, er, stuff. Yeah, stuff. Although her assailant was apparently wearing full camo, he wouldn't necessarily have to have been wearing turkey camo. He might have been wearing pants, shirt, hat and perhaps boots.

In thinking about it, do we know for sure if the assailant was described as wearing "full" camo? Or just camo. Or maybe all camo. For example, if I were confronted by someone wearing jeans and a camo t-shirt, I would describe it differently than I would someone wearing camo shirt and pants and maybe a hat. Although, I would probably say *he was wearing "all' camo. Not sure if I would say "full camo' or not but I'm a girl and maybe that's a guy thing to say.

I was just thinking we can burn a lot of energy trying to figure out this camo thing and it may be not be as big a deal as it seems. :innocent:

Oh, Holly.... I hope you are somewhere safe.:prayer:

I havent added much to this discussing, but wanted to let you guys know that on the Friday before Easter, my 16 yr old daughther and traveled to Parsons Tn. Approx 1 1/2 hrs from where we live, to help in the search for Holly. Upon arrival at the fairgrounds, we were instructed to sign in at the tables to the left of the entrance....we gave our drivers license and cell phone number. We were told to go outside, at which point we were instucted to go to the front of the building and catch a bus. Once on the bus we were asked to pick team leaders. Apparently ppl that were familiar with the area volunteered. We were separated into 8 groups of 10 and then were told to search an area (in a grid fashion. arm length apart). This proved to be difficult considered the terrain....steep, slippery, and a large area!!!! Anyway we definately were told what to look for...what she was wearing or carrying)....not sure that we were told not to discuss anything we were looking for or what was discovered. When we met up at the end of the last "gully" that we searched....I realized that I was prob more of a hinderance than a help...at that point, after a huge amout of time (but before any other searchers left) we were taken by van back to the fairgrounds, where we(my daughter and I) helped with kitchen duties.... sorry for going on and on... just wanted to say that they told the searchers what to look for... including what she was last wearing.

I havent added much to this discussing, but wanted to let you guys know that on the Friday before Easter, my 16 yr old daughther and traveled to Parsons Tn. Approx 1 1/2 hrs from where we live, to help in the search for Holly. Upon arrival at the fairgrounds, we were instructed to sign in at the tables to the left of the entrance....we gave our drivers license and cell phone number. We were told to go outside, at which point we were instucted to go to the front of the building and catch a bus. Once on the bus we were asked to pick team leaders. Apparently ppl that were familiar with the area volunteered. We were separated into 8 groups of 10 and then were told to search an area (in a grid fashion. arm length apart). This proved to be difficult considered the terrain....steep, slippery, and a large area!!!! Anyway we definately were told what to look for...what she was wearing or carrying)....not sure that we were told not to discuss anything we were looking for or what was discovered. When we met up at the end of the last "gully" that we searched....I realized that I was prob more of a hinderance than a help...at that point, after a huge amout of time (but before any other searchers left) we were taken by van back to the fairgrounds, where we(my daughter and I) helped with kitchen duties.... sorry for going on and on... just wanted to say that they told the searchers what to look for... including what she was last wearing.

Thanks for telling us...so I wonder why so secret to the public? People will always be out and about on their own and won't know what to be looking for. That is what I don't get. They told hundreds if not thousands of searchers, so why not just release the info?

I really cant even begin to explain the reason they wont release what she was wearing when she went out to her car. As I have said...they told the searchers. If I am not mistaken they released everything except what type of shoe she was wearing. Not sure why this wouldnt be in the discription given to the general public. I wish that I was closer....I would spend ever spare second looking....I just pray every day that she is found safe.

I really cant even begin to explain the reason they wont release what she was wearing when she went out to her car. As I have said...they told the searchers. If I am not mistaken they released everything except what type of shoe she was wearing. Not sure why this wouldnt be in the discription given to the general public. I wish that I was closer....I would spend ever spare second looking....I just pray every day that she is found safe.

:wagon:

Welcome to our group!!! And thank you for sharing your experience - and a bigger thanks for taking your valuable time to search for precious Holly!!!!

thanks for the welcome. I wanted to teach my daughter compassion in addition to truely caring and hoping that should God forbid anything like this happen to her...people would care enough to come and look for her.

I keep thinking about the RSO who has been arrested (Nickell) and wonder if his bail being raised/set at $300K, which I read here earlier, is unusual. It seems high for 2 counts of stalking although it says he has other charges pending, including attempted kidnapping...according to the Jackson County arrest log, he was arrested on 4/16, so if he is by chance Holly's abductor, he must have "abondoned" her before then. It is probably a long shot, but he sure seems to fit.

http://www.abc24.com/mostpopular/st...king-Two-Women-In/cElnYpEyLEWAxwVHnaZkDQ.cspx

It has been reported she was wearing sneakers. Not that the description is super helpful but it rules out boots, flats, sandals, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487