TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still praying for u Holly. I check in everyday just don;t have nothing new to add.

The one thing that struck me in the article, if true, is that her father searches for her every day. If so, that would refute the various rumors and theories that they know where she is and/or what happened to her, which I have never believed.

My opinions only, no facts here:

There are two ways by which the sleuth becomes confused: by fogging (someone cleverly deflects their attention from the argument) or sensory overload, i.e. "white noise". This latest news story has the feel of white noise.

OK is a Hollywood Gossip Magazine.

Yep. I updated my web page that has the info to include the quote that says 'flecks' came from OK magazine, and that 'flecks' was not confirmed by LE.

NORVILLE: ... Rupa -- let me just stop you there, on the flecks of blood. That was reported by "OK!" magazine. It has not been confirmed by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. How reliable is that? Have we been able to get this confirmed from any other source?

MIKKILINENI: Deborah, what we do know is the blood was found. The type of spatter, whether it`s flecks or not, not confirmed by police. But police today confirmed that blood was found. It has been tested. The DNA results are back, and they are not releasing those results to us, though. They`re keeping this investigation very close to the chest, Deborah.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...rticles-videos-dated-wednesday-april-20-2011/

I also found where someone on the net scanned the OK article and posted it, but that's a clear copyright violation, so not bringing it here, or linking to it on my website.

I don't know why the writer of the article chose to use the word 'flecks'.

My opinions only, no facts here:

There are two ways by which the sleuth becomes confused: by fogging (someone cleverly deflects their attention from the argument) or sensory overload, i.e. "white noise". This latest news story has the feel of white noise.

Coming from LE, albeit secondhand, the information has more of a signal feel to me.

Coming from LE, albeit secondhand, the information has more of a signal feel to me.

This version of the story is a bit smoother and makes more sense than previous versions. It actually is closer to some of the ORIGINAL reports that did say Clint went out and went into the woods after his sister.

What is odd is that ok even if Clint stopped to pull on some shorts and a pair of sneakers he could be outside in what 1-2-3 minutes? And if he went into the woods where he saw Holly go and couldnt find anyone... that means Holly was taken away FAST.

Now this statement does not mention if Clint heard anything like a car motor, etc. But basically he got there and she was gone. You can hear people walking around in the woods fairly easily if they are semi close (i learned that from paintball). If Holly and the man were running or moving quickly you would hear them crashing around if the brush was as dense as it has been made out to be.

A gorgeous blonde girl missing normally would get endless news coverage. Holly also has a famous cousin (country music singer). Normally families are on every news show under the sun and giving interviews and making desperate pleas. None of that here. Maybe at first but then it is like a stone wall went right up. Even Nancy Grace has let up and that woman usually clings to a story like this with night after night of coverage and speculation. I can understand LE being quiet but in this case EVERYONE has seemed to step back out of the media. Normally at least someone is talking. In some missing persons cases the families cannot even get the medias help to get the story out. This family probably has networks/interviews chomping at the bit. Surely LE must be on to something or there would not be such sudden all around quiet.

No, it wasn't confirmed that relatives meant mom, dad, and Clint. As I said in my post, it's how I take it. It just makes the most sense to me. LE has said they were being cooperative, so I can't think of a reason why TBI would have to get info from a more distant relative, or rather, why TBI would get info directly from mom, dad, and Clint, but then turn around and give a reporter info from a more distant relative.

I get frustrated too, but I most often tend to trust that LE has good reason when they are tight lipped. That well could be naive on my part.

They got info from relatives because MOM and Dad and Clint are not talking.
Do you all think they Lawyered up?

Whats strange to me is many ppl talk like Clint is a 15 yr old kid, hes a 25 yr old man what if it were his wife or his child taken?

This entire case has me totally baffled?

A gorgeous blonde girl missing normally would get endless news coverage. Holly also has a famous cousin (country music singer). Normally families are on every news show under the sun and giving interviews and making desperate pleas. None of that here. Maybe at first but then it is like a stone wall went right up. Even Nancy Grace has let up and that woman usually clings to a story like this with night after night of coverage and speculation. I can understand LE being quiet but in this case EVERYONE has seemed to step back out of the media. Normally at least someone is talking. In some missing persons cases the families cannot even get the medias help to get the story out. This family probably has networks/interviews chomping at the bit. Surely LE must be on to something or there would not be such sudden all around quiet.

Maybe her parents know she is ok i dont think they know where she is but if thats the case she is 20 yrs old and TBI would have stopped the search.
this case sure is a strange one.

They got info from relatives because MOM and Dad and Clint are not talking.

I haven't seen a single report in which LE has said that they are not being coooperative, or not talking with LE.

There are a multitude of news reports in which LE says they have been extremely cooperative.

This version of the story is a bit smoother and makes more sense than previous versions. It actually is closer to some of the ORIGINAL reports that did say Clint went out and went into the woods after his sister.

What is odd is that ok even if Clint stopped to pull on some shorts and a pair of sneakers he could be outside in what 1-2-3 minutes? And if he went into the woods where he saw Holly go and couldnt find anyone... that means Holly was taken away FAST.

Now this statement does not mention if Clint heard anything like a car motor, etc. But basically he got there and she was gone. You can hear people walking around in the woods fairly easily if they are semi close (i learned that from paintball). If Holly and the man were running or moving quickly you would hear them crashing around if the brush was as dense as it has been made out to be.

He went out, saw the spilled soda and blood, and then immediately ran inside to call 911 - So he must have had a burst of adrenalin, and that along with focusing upon getting as fast as he could inside to call 911, he probably was oblivious to seeing/hearing to much in the distance... just IMO....

It's been 22 days since CBS/WREG/AP reported TBI to be

"just one clue away from cracking the case."

I mentioned a couple threads ago that that pronouncement reminded me of cases I've followed here in Oklahoma:

"We are one piece of information away from making an arrest," said OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown.

The statement above was made at the one-year anniversary of the unsolved murders of the Weleetka girls, shot down on a dirt road, their killer(s) never brought to justice.

It's now been almost two years since that statement was made. Justice as yet seems far, far away.

Let's hope that is not the case here - although the similarity of the statements is troubling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20062568-504083.html ; http://www.koco.com/news/19682018/detail.html

Maybe her parents know she is ok i dont think they know where she is but if thats the case she is 20 yrs old and TBI would have stopped the search.
this case sure is a strange one.

The article above says her dad searches for her every day. That tells me they don't know/think she's ok.

The article above says her dad searches for her every day. That tells me they don't know/think she's ok.
I don't know why, but I don't buy this new story. And if it is true, it's still fishy in my mind.

As for the dad searching everyday, that would make sense they don't know, but on the other side it says mom sits home waiting for Holly to walk in. I know that's probably more just hoping than anything, but at this point I don't think I could just sit around and wait for something to happen.

What's fishy in my mind is the dog barking. Everyone knows a dog barking attracts attention. There is the dog barking just to bark, and there is the dog barking for a reason, and usually it's a pretty obvious difference. If any of this is true, it seems the abductor didn't think ANYONE was home, otherwise I think for most people commiting a crime a barking dog is going to attract someone's attection and they are going to come check it out, so I'd want to get the heck out of there as fast as possible, preferably without baggage to slow me down. That's just one of many things that don't add up in my mind.

BeanE, you are a wealth of information, but I can't find anything on your site, but I'm not sure where to start, or anyone else, has there ever been any offcial confirmation that dogs followed her scent to the tree line but lost it there, or followed it into the woods and lost it at a road? I know I've seen mentions of it, but I wonder if anything was ever confirmed?

It amazes me that in most missing persons cases, there is a 24 hour wait period before LE will look for adults, yet in this case they were there with-in minutes and still I feel like they have no leads.

Prayers go out to the friends and family!

IMO.
TBI knows what they are doing.
FBI knows what they are doing.
LE knows what they are doing.
The family knows what they are doing.
Just because the public doesn't know, what all of them are doing, doesn't mean that, all of them don't know, what all of them are doing.
IMO this case will be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members