TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As deep as the heart can be with love, it can be equally deep with wickedness.

June 3rd.....tick, tick, tick....

Holly, come home.

I know what everyone is going thru. Some cases feel closer personally than others even though we have never met the people involved. This case, as well as kelsey smith (target abduction), Meredith emerson, and brianna dennison have hit me harder than all others. It feels close to home.

I think the word "pool" when referencing blood works against the words "small amount." I know you can have a "small pool of blood" but the word "pool" automatically makes you think of more than just flecks.

So...Holly dropped the Coke but not the books.....

What books?

There's another contradiction in the Tennessean article I noticed. All documented accounts that we have to date say Holly's lunch bag was found on Friday 8 miles from her home. This story says:

The next day, Holly Bobo’s packed lunch was found about six miles north of her home toward Interstate 40.

The "next day" per this article would be Thursday, and 2 miles is a pretty big difference IMHO.

No contradiction. The Google map I've had posted on the timeline page on my website for some time pegs it at 6.2 miles.

Gooch Rd, Parsons, TN 38363 to 681 Swan Johnson Rd, Darden, TN 38328 - Google Maps

The "relatives" weren't there, her parents weren't even there.

Neither TBI nor Clint appears to be talking yet so if both accounts of what happened that morning are inaccurate, then they're not going to jibe. JMO

Her parents were there that morning, prior to her disappearance. Her mother was called, then came back home. Both parents have firsthand knowledge.

The article says the information came from a TBI agent.

Her parents were there that morning, prior to her disappearance. Her mother was called, then came back home. Both parents have firsthand knowledge.

How did the parents have first hand knowledge of where and when Holly was outside as the article states "clint was sleeping and parents had left for work when Holly walked to her Mustang in the driveway at 7:40am". I think people want to know how is the time known, and how is Holly's movements outside the house known if there are no witnesses.

Mom packing the lunch bag reference:

Helm said they know it belongs to Bobo because her mother packed it the morning her daughter disappeared.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14477180/day-7-of-search-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county

Now that is a conflict in info from LE.

I could see where both could be accurate about the lunch. Perhaps her mom prepared it (packed it in a ziploc bag or something)or even packed it in the lunch bag; and, Holly picked it up later and put the ziplock into the lunch bag, or, placed other items into the lunch bag with it. Either way, it seems appropriate for the mom to say she packed her lunch, or for Holly to have packed her lunch.

BBM
Not saying Clint had anything to do with it, but in the new version of events we see Clint is onto something wrong happening as soon as he sees his sister being led away... so he goes out, sees blood, goes back inside to call 911 (all makes sense so far)... BUT I cannot see him then wasting precious time calling his mom - wouldn't you be out the door (except maybe to grab a gun) and be after the person taking your sister?

That crossed my mind too. If he was concerned right away by seeing the man with his sister, I can understand calling 911 right away. Perhaps the reason he didn't run right out is due to his "sleep attire". If he sleeps in the nude or just in underwear, he may have wanted to put something on before he runs out. I still can't understand why he would have made the call to his mother first though. Also, how long would the 911 call have been? At least a few minutes I would think for them to get all of the details. That's a long time when you have just witnessed what he did. Now I'm just thinking out loud...:banghead:

I would assume she had her books (if she had books since that has not been really confirmed one way or another) they were in a back pack or bag. If she dropped that it could be easily scooped up and taken or more likely it was over her shoulder and just went with her. She probably had a coke and car keys in her hand and was not directly carrying books and her lunch bag.

Were there books? I thought she was having exams my kids didnt take books during exams

That crossed my mind too. If he was concerned right away by seeing the man with his sister, I can understand calling 911 right away. Perhaps the reason he didn't run right out is due to his "sleep attire". If he sleeps in the nude or just in underwear, he may have wanted to put something on before he runs out. I still can't understand why he would have made the call to his mother first though. Also, how long would the 911 call have been? At least a few minutes I would think for them to get all of the details. That's a long time when you have just witnessed what he did. Now I'm just thinking out loud...:banghead:

I understand completely what your saying but the problem lies in that whatever his sleeping attire(nude or otherwise) at the point in time of the call to mom is irrelevant..

Because per this version it says Clint went outside immediately after seeing sis and camo man BEFORE HIS CALL TO 911 AND MOM..

So Clint saw sis and camo man.. Walked out to her car and saw spilled coke and pool of blood.. He them goes back inside and makes the 911 call and the. Q call to his mom before he returns back outside again and at that point goes into the woods looking for Holly..

I hope I explained that clear enough.. These versions and details within each version are enough to make your head spin!!!!!!

I understand completely what your saying but the problem lies in that whatever his sleeping attire(nude or otherwise) at the point in time of the call to mom is irrelevant..

Because per this version it says Clint went outside immediately after seeing sis and camo man BEFORE HIS CALL TO 911 AND MOM..

So Clint saw sis and camo man.. Walked out to her car and saw spilled coke and pool of blood.. He them goes back inside and makes the 911 call and the. Q call to his mom before he returns back outside again and at that point goes into the woods looking for Holly..

I hope I explained that clear enough.. These versions and details within each version are enough to make your head spin!!!!!!

BBM, That's true, I guess I overlooked that :loser:.Thanks for pointing that out! My sleuthing skills still lack the attention to detail :crazy:
It still leaves me wondering the time frame that he was on the phone to 911. Couldn't he have grabbed his cell and ran out looking for her as he was on the phone with 911 and/or his mother?

I don't think there is any special reason to take this version as completely factual either. At least, I don't. It makes Clint sound much better, for one, which is a little suspicious to me. I don't mean to say he did anything criminal, but this version does play better for him.

Here's an explanation of militia groups,Shefner.

http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/Militia_M.asp?xpicked=4&item=19

... and this site has info on Tennessee Militia groups.

http://tennesseemilitia.com/counties/index.html

Thanks....the ideas I had about a militia are indeed confirmed in the article you linked. I guess the idea that a militia group would be benefited by kidnapping a young college student is beyond me. That is why I thought there had to be more to the "militia" that was referred to in previous posts.

I mentioned the books because "rumors" stated that some of the items recovered by LE were books or pages (sheets) of school related material. Whether this is true or not is for anyone to guess.

Thanks....the ideas I had about a militia are indeed confirmed in the article you linked. I guess the idea that a militia group would be benefited by kidnapping a young college student is beyond me. That is why I thought there had to be more to the "militia" that was referred to in previous posts.

I mentioned the books because "rumors" stated that some of the items recovered by LE were books or pages (sheets) of school related material. Whether this is true or not is for anyone to guess.

You're welcome, Shefner. I agree with you that I don't really see the benefit that a militia would gain from kidnapping a young woman, but I am not familiar with their operations.

Has it been confirmed that "relatives" means mom, dad, and Clint?
If so, I apologize for my skepticism.

If not, then some relative that we don't know gave information to an "investigator" from an LE agency that is unidentified, and they told Helms,
and then Helms told a reporter. Nobody, in my opinion has been straight forward with the public so far and I just can't put this article up there
like a TBI press conference was held today.

I don't like to sound so negative, but I've been following this since day 1 and nobody involved is going out of their way to build any trust or be forthcoming with any part of this case to the public, the media, or anyone
"outside".

Would it be possible for TBI to hold a 15 minute PC and say, "Hey, here's what you people need to know, here's how you can help. We're still trying to find Holly and the suspect and here is the timeline of events as we understand it. Have a nice day."

Then, we wouldn't have to talk about "turkey camo" or "flecks vs. "pools"
and could concentrate on the reason for the complete blackout of anything
related to Hollys disappearance. Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

I may try decaf tomorrow

How did the parents have first hand knowledge of where and when Holly was outside as the article states "clint was sleeping and parents had left for work when Holly walked to her Mustang in the driveway at 7:40am".

They didn't. I don't think I inferred they did.

Has it been confirmed that "relatives" means mom, dad, and Clint?
If so, I apologize for my skepticism.

If not, then some relative that we don't know gave information to an "investigator" from an LE agency that is unidentified, and they told Helms,
and then Helms told a reporter. Nobody, in my opinion has been straight forward with the public so far and I just can't put this article up there
like a TBI press conference was held today.

I don't like to sound so negative, but I've been following this since day 1 and nobody involved is going out of their way to build any trust or be forthcoming with any part of this case to the public, the media, or anyone
"outside".

Would it be possible for TBI to hold a 15 minute PC and say, "Hey, here's what you people need to know, here's how you can help. We're still trying to find Holly and the suspect and here is the timeline of events as we understand it. Have a nice day."

Then, we wouldn't have to talk about "turkey camo" or "flecks vs. "pools"
and could concentrate on the reason for the complete blackout of anything
related to Hollys disappearance. Yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

I may try decaf tomorrow

No, it wasn't confirmed that relatives meant mom, dad, and Clint. As I said in my post, it's how I take it. It just makes the most sense to me. LE has said they were being cooperative, so I can't think of a reason why TBI would have to get info from a more distant relative, or rather, why TBI would get info directly from mom, dad, and Clint, but then turn around and give a reporter info from a more distant relative.

I get frustrated too, but I most often tend to trust that LE has good reason when they are tight lipped. That well could be naive on my part.

I don't think there is any special reason to take this version as completely factual either. At least, I don't. It makes Clint sound much better, for one, which is a little suspicious to me. I don't mean to say he did anything criminal, but this version does play better for him.

I agree - I'd much rather have it directly from LE, rather than second hand, before accepting it as 100% fact. The reporter well could have gotten some of it wrong, or worded things in a way that leads to misunderstanding, and/or of course, left some things out. We see a lot of all the above, unfortunately.

I don't find it suspicious that it makes Clint sound better. I think we just didn't have details earlier. The lack of details about exactly what Clint did never made me suspicious of him, or think badly of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn