TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad thing about silence is it leads to more silence.....pretty soon, Holly's thread moves to page 3 and no one posts anymore. I have always felt (and who am I?) that when people are actively chatting about a case, there is a greater likelihood that something will emerge. Someone, somewhere will slip up and an important clue will be discovered.

I think there is something very secretive about this case and it pertains to the family. I can't decipher anything else.....
I am in this camp also.
I do want to say also that just because I believe that the silence in this case
is for a very specific reason doesn't mean that I'm implicating or accusing the immediate family in any way.
1. If LE is a 100% certain who the suspect is, the silence would be understandable.

2. If LE knows where Holly is, the silence would be understandable.

3. an "order" from people "higher up" because this crime is linked to other crimes or organizations that were already being investigated secretly

4. political pressure because there is someone involved from LE or government

These are just a couple of many possible reasons that everyone is silent.
I don't remember hearing that LE "told" the family to be silent at any
time throughout the investigation, but the fact is that they both are.

Could I be barking up the wrong tree? You bet. But I ain't leaving this tree
until I see the cat in another tree.

LE always takes a gamble when they release info, they have to weigh releasing info against possibly providing info to the perp at the same time.

But at some point, if they truly have no good information coming in, they should give the public whatever might lead to someone remembering something, or recognizing something. Sometimes it does not help, i.e. MCSO released replicas of Kyron's clothes soon after his disapperance, and as we know, nothing has been found. But it kept his name in the news. That is what I am not seeing happen here; we've read that people within the state of TN are not even being made aware of her still being missing, much less the country.

I'm still waiting for the link from MSM in which the TBI or local LE have told the family they can't talk about the case. I keep seeing it stated as fact. I'd like a link to the news source please. If it is your theory then state it as theory and not fact.

Hi gram. The family has continued to speak out in the media regularly through their spokesperson, Kevin Bromley. There were interviews with him just the other day - June 9 and 10. I haven't seen anything that indicates LE has told the family not to continue speaking out as they have been all along.

It's certainly understandable to me that in such a tragic and painful situation, a family may choose to use a spokesperson until such time as they can emotionally handle directly with the media. In fact, I think, personally, that with what goes on on the wild and woolly internet, it is the best course of action for every family of a missing person.

The June interviews with the family spokesperson, from June 1 through June 9, are listed and linked here:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...s-articles-videos-june-1-through-june-3-2011/

LE always takes a gamble when they release info, they have to weigh releasing info against possibly providing info to the perp at the same time.

But at some point, if they truly have no good information coming in, they should give the public whatever might lead to someone remembering something, or recognizing something. Sometimes it does not help, i.e. MCSO released replicas of Kyron's clothes soon after his disapperance, and as we know, nothing has been found. But it kept his name in the news. That is what I am not seeing happen here; we've read that people within the state of TN are not even being made aware of her still being missing, much less the country.

So far as I can see, LE has released info regularly in this case. It's in little dribs and drabs, but they have continued to put it out there. They've done this several times in June alone.

Just the other day, on June 8, there was info from both Sheriff Wyatt and the TBI:

From Sheriff Wyatt: Eight weeks later and Wyatt says he has no reason to believe at this point that Bobo is in any other state or that she has left the area.

From the TBI: The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation does not believe there is a connection between Bobo’s case and any other abductions in nearby states.

It may not be the info we want, it may not be in the amount we want, but they do let it out, and they have done so regularly.

Just my opinion, of course.

Articles with info from LE are listed and linked here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...s-articles-videos-june-1-through-june-3-2011/

The info above is from WBBJ.

I am in this camp also.
I do want to say also that just because I believe that the silence in this case
is for a very specific reason doesn't mean that I'm implicating or accusing the immediate family in any way.
1. If LE is a 100% certain who the suspect is, the silence would be understandable.

2. If LE knows where Holly is, the silence would be understandable.

3. an "order" from people "higher up" because this crime is linked to other crimes or organizations that were already being investigated secretly

4. political pressure because there is someone involved from LE or government

These are just a couple of many possible reasons that everyone is silent.
I don't remember hearing that LE "told" the family to be silent at any
time throughout the investigation, but the fact is that they both are.

Could I be barking up the wrong tree? You bet. But I ain't leaving this tree
until I see the cat in another tree.

BBM
I'm barking at the same tree. This is exactly what I think and hope. I say 'hope' because in this theory in my mind, she is alive and OK.

Hi gram. The family has continued to speak out in the media regularly through their spokesperson, Kevin Bromley. There were interviews with him just the other day - June 9 and 10. I haven't seen anything that indicates LE has told the family not to continue speaking out as they have been all along.

It's certainly understandable to me that in such a tragic and painful situation, a family may choose to use a spokesperson until such time as they can emotionally handle directly with the media. In fact, I think, personally, that with what goes on on the wild and woolly internet, it is the best course of action for every family of a missing person.

The June interviews with the family spokesperson, from June 1 through June 9, are listed and linked here:

Thanks I saw this, I don't see where the family is asking for help in any way.
I don't know, I wouldn't care what people on the internet were saying about me or my family if someone was missing. They will say things either way, as is happening. I would just want every single person possible to be searching for her, all the time...

I have had a missing child, so I can only speak as to what I would do....and everyone is certainly entitled to their own tragic response. Only LE asking me to be quiet would keep me quiet....or knowing something that would inspire my silence so as to help my child. This is just my own reasoning...and not a fact in this case.

Instead of running logic forward, let's run it backward. Can we refer to specific cases in the past where a family has been so silent? Yes, the Bobo's have a spokesperson...and he has made small statements. But is there a case where a missing person's actual family members have been so removed from the public?

i held out hope that they had a good idea what happened and really just needed to sort some things out/find a way to bring this to a close. i dont know what to think now.

also of note, i have most of the episodes of Disappeared on my DVR and i rewatched a bunch of them over the last week or so - in several cases that were years old, one of them over 10 years IIRC, the investigators used the (paraphrasing) phrase "we just need one piece of information to figure this thing out"

since i first heard that phrase in this case i felt it was just a figure of speech, not an indication that they were really close to solving the matter. (although i did feel that they were close for other reasons)

I can think of a case when releasing information DID help. Of course, there have been tons of others, but one specific case is that of Brianna Denison. LE mentioned the underwear in the truck and a baby's shoe in the truck and a shaved pubic area. This all led to someone turning in either her boyfriend or someone else she knew (don't remember the specifics) because she found a collection of women's underwear in his truck.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I did not mention any names in my post and this particular post of mine you refer to has nothing to do with the people in this case. I am talking about broad principles concerning what police will ask of the family. So I ask YOU, do you really believe that that the police demanded that the family not plead for their daughter's return? Yes or no, fellow friend sleuther.

No, I do not think they "demanded" anything. They may well have recommended that the family keep a low profile, for some or all of the reasons that have been noted here. In this case, the abduction took place at the family home. Both LE and the family have to be concerned that, until the perpetrator is identified and arrested, both the witness and other members of the family are not safe. We should put ourselves in the family's shoes and ask ourselves how we
would manage if a family member had been abducted from our home and on top of the fear and grief of having a missing family member, we no longer felt safe in our own home or driveway or yard.

You ask in an earlier post for an example of a case that was jeopardized by giving out information? How would we KNOW? Certainly LE uses unknown details to sort out false confessions and when interrogating suspects to identify someone who knows only what the perpetrator and LE know. Moreover, if a criminal is out there, why would LE want him or her to know what LE is looking for, especially if he or she is unaware that LE is looking for a particluar tire track or shoe type or someone who is left-handed.

The only reason for LE EVER to reveal information is to alert the public to a dangerous person (if there is a description or photo or license plate) or to alert the public to someone who is missing or endangered. In Holly's case, the public was alerted to Holly's abduction; there were searches and bulletins. Now the investigation has moved into a new phase as Holly was not found in the first 48 hours or even the first few weeks.

Finally, I don't think any family members of victims should have to go on TV or radio in order to get justice. That is what we pay LE to do--investigate crimes, solve them, and bring the accused to court. Families of the missing are advised by advocates to do as much media as possible, but it rarely pays off. There are children who have been missing for decades and no amount of media has helped, likely because the poor kids are no longer with us. Families who want to do media should do whatever feels right for them for as long as they can; families who don't may have excellent reasons, particularly if they
have reason to believe that their loved one is dead. In the end, we do not know what LE knows or what the family may know from LE.

Also, there is not enough thanks in the world for the BeanE's posts, reminding us that both the family, through a spokesperson, and LE continue to "do media." I for one mam very grateful.

There are lots of reasons why LE releases specific information about cases. One big reason is to get the public's help. Information is power, most of the time. Not always but often.

I believe that if any of the information that LE has could be expanded on by the public, then they WOULD release it. That being said, I also believe that they DO have valuable information that will aide them in prosecution if and when they get to that point. I don't think this case is completely cold. My belief is that there is someone in the public with information that hasn't realized it yet. Info that the law is holding wouldn't help with that. this all only my opinion.

"Law enforcement officials say they have exhausted all of their options for ground searches for Bobo and have no strong leads in the case."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...Holly-home?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

not sure if this has been posted yet, "no strong leads" ... worst possible scenario.

So, if there are no strong leads, how does LE know there is not a danger to the community? If you were a young woman living around Parsons, knowing no one has been arrested for this crime, just how safe would you feel?

The frightening truth is there is an abductor out there, a possible murderer, and according to LE, he's local. LE should be issuing a warning, which might be enough to alert someone to give LE clues. Where's a profile? What type of individual would do this?

Poor Will. "If you hear of any events, let me know" speaks volumes.

@willnunley Will Nunley WBBJ ABC 7

The now gated Bobo home appears still, quiet on the morning of this two month mark. #hollybobo

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley/status/80292986470146048
Wow, I wonder why? I mean a few reasons come to mind, like privacy, are they being bombarded with nosey people? I doubt it's for protection, I doubt a gate across the driveway would have stopped whatever happened. Or is it a statement, like "stay away from us, we don't want to talk to anyone"?

This really stinks (the whole thing, not the gate), this poor girl deserves so much more. :( I still pray for her everyday and hold onto what hope I have no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000