TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing my daily check for news. I have seen talk here with posters wondering if this case is going cold. Just wanted to share the gist of a conversation I had today with my son who is an investigator. (not in TN) He said he had a little time today and was working on case he has been working for 5 years - he received a tip this week. This is a case that he works continuously with other cases that have yet to be solved. He never calls them cold, just luke warm! There are many other investigators out there just like him, that never give up. He solves a lot of them too. This close knit community with its law enforcement neighbors will not give up. They will either bring Holly home and/or get the justice this family deserves.

Although I am sharing this, I don't want anyone to think I believe that this will drag on as long as some of his cases has. I believe we will hear something soon. I am praying along with Parsons, TN

I remember when the neighbor lady Tammy was going to make an appearance on Bring Them Home's blog talk radio show, and BTH cancelled at the last minute, and the BTH lady made one of her nebulous and dramatic announcements about respecting the TBI, without ever saying why the show was cancelled.

It stuck in my head because I had put it on my website and then I had to pull it at the last minute, and I got annoyed. That and the deplorable spelling and grammar stuck in my head lol :)

What cancelled news appearances have there been?

This is the only specific appearance I know of, but I read that there was at least one more planned that never happened. I can't provide a link to that, because I don't remember where I saw it. I thought that was really interesting.

Pulling implies something like a recall. There is no evidence that they were somehow suddenly stopped or anything. They could still be selling them today for all we know. It doesnt seem a germane issue really.

Ok. I just thought it was one more interesting thing to bring up since the shirts were such a big deal when they first came out and there's not much else to talk about. Whether or not there was any sudden stopping of sales was what I was asking, so thanks for clarifying that there's hasn't been any evidence of that. Sorry for the wasted space.

Am I the only person who wonders if the abductions of Holly Bobo and Lauren Spierer could be related?

2 blonde college students - and it is not that far from Parsons, TN, to Bloomington, IN.

Ok. I just thought it was one more interesting thing to bring up since the shirts were such a big deal when they first came out and there's not much else to talk about. Whether or not there was any sudden stopping of sales was what I was asking, so thanks for clarifying that there's hasn't been any evidence of that. Sorry for the wasted space.

No its not wasted space but the shirts were a big issue here before and since they dont really have anything to do with Holly's disappearance or with finding her either they may be just one of those "let sleeping dogs lie" kinda things. I dont know if they ever did stop selling them, if sales tapered off as everyone that wanted one got one, etc.

And boy yeah there isnt a whole lot of detail or info to work with over the last month.

We have a local missing woman here in Tampa thats been missing about the same time as Holly. Or maybe a week more or less. FINALLY LE named her ex bf as a suspect. You wonder what took them so long but at least cops seem to be diligently working on the case.

Am I the only person who wonders if the abductions of Holly Bobo and Lauren Spierer could be related?

2 blonde college students - and it is not that far from Parsons, TN, to Bloomington, IN.

Anything is possible, but the kidnapping of attractive, petite, young blonde girls is not new. Lauren was part of a big campus atmosphere and holly went to a college extension building and lived in the boonies.

Anything is possible, but the kidnapping of attractive, petite, young blonde girls is not new. Lauren was part of a big campus atmosphere and holly went to a college extension building and lived in the boonies.

Highly doubt the two are related, just like Gail Nowacki Palmgren, Jacque Rawson Waller, and on and on... - just seems there are a number of people going missing who are topics here on WS...

ETA: then again, on second thought... the college party life style is something well-known and even "advertised" on the television show Campus PD... it would not take a rocket scientist to figure out there are some very vulnerable gals, under the influence, stumbling their way home late at night... Many of the shows featured the Bloomington party scene.

Here's a link to some the TV shows:
http://www.slashcontrol.com/free-tv-shows/campus-pd

Highly doubt the two are related, just like Gail Nowacki Palmgren, Jacque Rawson Waller, and on and on... - just seems there are a number of people going missing who are topics here on WS...

ETA: then again, on second thought... the college party life style is something well-known and even "advertised" on the television show Campus PD... it would not take a rocket scientist to figure out there are some very vulnerable gals, under the influence, stumbling their way home late at night... Many of the shows featured the Bloomington party scene.

Here's a link to some the TV shows:
http://www.slashcontrol.com/free-tv-shows/campus-pd

I'm confused. Are you saying that Holly and Lauren were partying drunks who stumbled home late at night and that's how they got abducted?

Are those videos of Holly's school and she's in them?

I'm confused. Are you saying that Holly and Lauren were partying drunks who stumbled home late at night and that's how they got abducted?

Are those videos of Holly's school and she's in them?

I think some of that approach may come from speculation that Lauren had a heart condition and may have overdosed from cocaine while with her male companions, who then may have freaked out and disposed of her somewhere.

All speculation and rumor as far as I know.

ETA: The cases are completely different as far as I can see, with the exception of appearance of the girls.

Everything about Lauren and Holly are so different that I cant see how the two cases cold even be considered remotely connected. And from what (more) is known about Lauren's disappearance and (little) is known from Hollys disappearance they do not seem to share anything in common aside from the two victims being blonde females.

There has been no public warning that I have seen alerting people in the area about a possible serial abductor. That could say alot. What if the "gated" situation around the Bobo home is as much to keep people IN as to keep people OUT?

Screw up the investigation??? Who gives a ****?? I want my daughter back ALIVE..time is of the essence. I don't even care about the perpetrator..sure it would be nice if the scum paid, but if I had to choose between making sure the scum ended up in prison or getting my daughter back? I want my kid BACK...right NOW.

My mom seconds this opinion.

I also thought that the t-shirt thing was odd...actually, what I thought was that if I were abducted, sending me on a vacation would be the last thing my family thought about.

My mom seconds this opinion.

I also thought that the t-shirt thing was odd...actually, what I thought was that if I were abducted, sending me on a vacation would be the last thing my family thought about.

I sort of agree with you, except grieving parents do odd things. For example, Kyron Horman's dad signed him up for summer soccer and bought him school supplies for the coming year. I think parents who are shocked and grieving do things to make them feel normal, like planning a vacation. Or soccer and school supplies.

So much of what people are viewing as "contradictions" was actually due to some sketchy media reporting in the early days of this case. I don't believe CB's story has substantially changed at all, and I believe LE in the past has said as much. I think there's looking at the evidence and going where that points, and then there's wanting him to be involved and trying to make evidence fit a preconceived idea. I know it's frustrating that we don't have more to go on. I think however, that this is still a victim friendly forum. I hate so much that a very likely completely innocent person like CB who has already lost so much would have to suffer this additional injustice, when in my opinion, all he did was try to save his sister, as anyone would have in his shoes.

So someone want to explain, if he did this, how he hurts her, hides her, and deposits the lunch 6 miles away (12 miles round trip if you're counting) all between the time his mother left for work and the time the police arrived?

Wouldn't LE have checked the house, the family vehicles, and so on? Wouldn't LE have found out who saw Holly the night before--when parents and others saw her? When she brought her car back? Given what we know, LE seems to be treating this as an abduction. There is no indication that any family member is a suspect or person of interest. If Clint's story didn't add up, I am pretty sure the case would havw been solved by now or someone would be putting heat on him.

I fully agree with the point made above that many of these issues result from the parsing of media stories which are not "evidence" in themselves. And while it is frustrating not to know all the details, that is just the nature of criminal investigation. A good friend of mine is a LE investigator; I would never ask him to divulge information to me and he would never tell me anything that is not in the public domain because that would put the investigation at risk (most important) and would of course potentially ruin his reputation and his career (because a LE officer with a big mouth puts us all at risk).

My opinions only, no facts here:

The police could search a property with the owner's permission or with a warrant. A warrant requires probable cause. Probable cause has a very high threshhold when property is involved.

This is the only specific appearance I know of, but I read that there was at least one more planned that never happened. I can't provide a link to that, because I don't remember where I saw it. I thought that was really interesting.

Gah, it would be nice if I paid attention! Obviously, what I was talking about wasn't an appearance; it was the same radio talk show already mentioned. I do NOT know of any television programs. Sorry about the confusion.

So much of what people are viewing as "contradictions" was actually due to some sketchy media reporting in the early days of this case. I don't believe CB's story has substantially changed at all, and I believe LE in the past has said as much. I think there's looking at the evidence and going where that points, and then there's wanting him to be involved and trying to make evidence fit a preconceived idea. I know it's frustrating that we don't have more to go on. I think however, that this is still a victim friendly forum. I hate so much that a very likely completely innocent person like CB who has already lost so much would have to suffer this additional injustice, when in my opinion, all he did was try to save his sister, as anyone would have in his shoes.

Thank you, Irish Eyes. Well said, and I agree.

I believe the size of the Bobo's property is much larger than two acres. I also think we have seen described previously in this thread that Holly's car was parked behind the house not in front of the house. I believe where Holly's car was parked was between the house and the woods where Clint saw them disappear.

The new story is that the car was parked in the driveway in front of the house not in the back.

Ultimately I assume that holly and camo man went the direction they did because that is where camo man's vehicle was.

So someone want to explain, if he did this, how he hurts her, hides her, and deposits the lunch 6 miles away (12 miles round trip if you're counting) all between the time his mother left for work and the time the police arrived?[/QUOTE

A couple things.....

You have to assume that clint is telling the truth for the timeline to be what it is. We don't know where holly was prior to that morning, or if a crime took place that morning or the night before, etc. IF clint has something to do with this, he may have had many hours or even days to hide things and set things up. (Devils advocate here, as I don't feel clint is involved.)

All the poor media reporting and changing of words and events can be cleared up by one LE presser, but they are not holding one to clarify. This is what happens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee