TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my opinions only, no facts here:

Good Friend,

In many ways (and too many to bore you with here) the report of a scream around the time of Holly's official obduction, looms large. Cannot the the officials, at least confirm or deny this report? This singular little detail would help me immensely in resolving this case.

yes it was called in to 911 althoguh we do not know a time frame for either call in relation to when Holly went missing. The 911 call could have been at or around the time clint called or 10 hours later.

heck i still follow resolved cases just to see how the family settles, if any new info comes out when its all over etc.

I thank you abundantly, wantsthemoon! I've been looking for almost an hour!

you are so very welcome...just so happened that I ran across this a few days ago looking for something else :) I didn't find whatever it was that I was looking for and can't even recall what that was :banghead: but I did find this...and remembered where(which is truly a miracle)

I, too, would like to see attention continue to be focused on this case.

I'm with the camp that thinks this was a well planned abduction; that it was executed with precision, by a man with a history of other perhaps minor offenses;abductor is someone who lives in or near those woods, who was able to cover his tracks, who is not unknown to the law, and who is currently being monitored by law enforcement.

That and five cents won't even buy me a cup of lemonade...but I am a bit put off by the seeming silence associated with this case.

"Then I thought "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" :innocent:"

Usually, but in Henderson and Decatur county, the animals and plant life have not produced any sounds whatsoever for about 4 weeks. Quite an anomaly of our known
laws of physics. However, there are not any news reporters in western TN at this time,
authorities have no comment, and all subsequent TV shows have been canceled.

I, too, would like to see attention continue to be focused on this case.

I'm with the camp that thinks this was a well planned abduction; that it was executed with precision, by a man with a history of other perhaps minor offenses;abductor is someone who lives in or near those woods, who was able to cover his tracks, who is not unknown to the law, and who is currently being monitored by law enforcement.

That and five cents won't even buy me a cup of lemonade...but I am a bit put off by the seeming silence associated with this case.

I personally and in my own opinion think Holly is with someone that maybe Mom adn Dad dont want her with but her being 20 years of age they can not do anything about it.

This would explain why the searches stopped why everything about this case has come to a hault.

I think they are waiting for her to come home on her own.

Just a thought!

Has anyone here at WS found any updates on Caleb McLeod Tutor. This was the 20 year old kid that was "missing" from about April 14th- April 19th. He ended up walking out of the Smoky mountains and telling police that he had been kidnapped. He was later charged with making a false report. Could this be related to Holly? It seems unlikely but the same kind of silence seems to surround this weird case. His Dad is a Detective in N.C. I can't find a school or church connection but the timing is so coincidental.

I personally and in my own opinion think Holly is with someone that maybe Mom adn Dad dont want her with but her being 20 years of age they can not do anything about it.

This would explain why the searches stopped why everything about this case has come to a hault.

Just a thought!

I kinda thought about somthing along those lines but do not think that is the case for these reasons:

1) why miss her exams
2) why not drive away from her house or leave when no one was home
3) the blood and screams
4) the discarded lunch bag and other unnamed items
5) not taking things with her
6) seems out of character not that people dont do sudden or rash things

I am open to the possability that she may have had some communication with someone unknown to the family and perhaps that person used information given by Holly to stalk her and nab her.

I would like to know if there has been any activity on her bank account since she left? You know, ATM withdrawls. Supposedly there was some cell phone activity the morning she vanished, at least according to a tv promo for a show about Holly that (for some reason) was yanked and never aired.

my opinions only, no facts here:

Good Friend,

In many ways (and too many to bore you with here) the report of a scream around the time of Holly's official obduction, looms large. Cannot the the officials, at least confirm or deny this report? This singular little detail would help me immensely in resolving this case.

Video – Sheriff Wyatt – Kidnapping
http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Jackson Sun – April 13, 2011

Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

ETA: Also, just for reference, WBBJ spoke with the neighbor who heard the screams:

Decatur County Abduction
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

WBBJ – Updated: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM CDT

A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

Just a gut feeling... Holly's mom might have been aware of (earlier) specific threats against Holly or the family so that from the beginning she felt the situation was really bad. It appears (may not be so) she thought the worst from the first phone call.

IMHO

Just a thought!

Well, that doesn't account for LE considering her to be the victim of the crime of kidnapping, and for the FBI to continue to list her as kidnapped on their website.

I can't convince myself that the Decatur County Sheriff's Office, the TBI, and the FBI would pull such a huge and cruel prank on the public.

It's still very, very odd that a neighbor, (how far away? - the neighbors are not very close), heard the scream and the brother didn't. Something is not right with that, one way or the other.

Well, that doesn't account for LE considering her to be the victim of the crime of kidnapping, and for the FBI to continue to list her as kidnapped on their website.

I can't convince myself that the Decatur County Sheriff's Office, the TBI, and the FBI would pull such a huge and cruel prank on the public.
I'm having a hard time with that too, but I still can't rule it out. I just can not comprehend how if they thought she was dead they would be so quiet about it and no one would be looking for her body. I mean if I was a parent I would be having fits about it. It just will not add up in my mind. The only way the silence adds up to me is that they know she's alive, somewhere. And I can't help but keep thinking about Bill Way's FB post. I honestly and seriously doubt he made that up just for whatever reason. Sigh.

It's still very, very odd that a neighbor, (how far away? - the neighbors are not very close), heard the scream and the brother didn't. Something is not right with that, one way or the other.

IMO, Too many factors come into play on this. Location of the scream (closer to neighbor’s or closer to HB’s house), direction facing when screaming (facing neighbor’s, facing HB’s house), stationary or mobile when screaming. Sound plays tricks in the woods. A good test would be try and track down a barking hunting dog that is following something, Between the trees, hills, and hollers, it makes pinpointing their location extremely difficult.

IMO, Too many factors come into play on this. Location of the scream (closer to neighbor’s or closer to HB’s house), direction facing when screaming (facing neighbor’s, facing HB’s house), stationary or mobile when screaming. Sound plays tricks in the woods. A good test would be try and track down a barking hunting dog that is following something, Between the trees, hills, and hollers, it makes pinpointing their location extremely difficult.
Thanks. I see your point. For some reason I keep assuming she screamed when she was grabbed in the carport. If that's what happened.

Not really. The neighbors are some distance away. Holly was taken into the woods so she could have been farther from her home and closer to the neighbors home at the time she screamed. Also the person who heard the scream was outside and the brother was inside. If you were in your own house with say the sink running or the tv on or taking a shower etc you wouldnt hear a distant scream.

I keep thinking about a missing persons case here in colorado where a guy was last seen catching a bus in the early morning, but vanished for several weeks. Searches were done daily by humans and dogs, and LE here finally decided this guy left the area either on his own or against his will. Eventually some off duty searchers found the guy 100 feet below a bridge he was last seen on (110 feet down and covered with snow...he was also wearing all white.) Dogs and people had searched this area numerous times.

My point to this is sometimes things like this end right near where they start. Anything is possible right now.

Video – Sheriff Wyatt – Kidnapping
http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

Jackson Sun – April 13, 2011

Case Signal transcription:

Sheriff Wyatt: “It was a neighbor that lives just up the road there from the house, and didn’t see it, but heard the screams of the young lady as she was leaving the house.”

ETA: Also, just for reference, WBBJ spoke with the neighbor who heard the screams:

Decatur County Abduction
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Decatur-County-Abduction-119818374.html

WBBJ – Updated: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM CDT

A neighbor who spoke with ABC 7 Eyewitness News said they heard screaming and that is when help was called. All police were told is that she was taken into the woods.

Good info! I just realized what is often mentioned here as the scream is really screams and screaming!
If I heard one scream, I probably would not call LE, but hearing screaming I would....

The wind, the wind - makes a huge difference on who hears what. I raised my child in the country. The kids could be screaming and hollering - being country kids they get used to using their "country voice" - my neighbor might very well hear them, where as i may not even if they were right outside my door.
I'm not sure of the importance of "who heard the scream" the neighbor obviously heard urgency in the scream - like when you hear a dog barking, sometimes its just a dog barking and sometimes its a "theres a bear on the property bark" definate difference.
Not sure about the media attention - at the start every missing person should be splashed everywhere - but huge media will make sure - the abductor hides his victim well- cause panic fear for the abductor - a fantasy gone sideways. Unless they are an exhibitionest.
The abductor must have planed this, must have known the area somewhat or Holly would of been found in the woods or he would'nt of taken her thru the woods.
Maybe this is someone obsessed with the singer person and 'he' is just taking out on a family member 'Holly'. I so hope they find her - at the start i thought maybe it was just a publicity thing. Its the not knowing that would break me. jmo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay