TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't read too much into this story. Either the author or the TBI rep or the relatives took what they heard and crafted a most likely scenario. Don't put much weight into this, MOO.

• At 7:40 a.m., Holly walked to her black Ford Mustang on the long, winding driveway leading to the Bobo family’s rural Decatur County home.
How does anyone know this??? No one was there except the brother and he was supposedly asleep. Also, this now says her car was in the driveway, which is front of the house, when all accounts up to now say she was in the carport in the back of the house. It's also been widely reported as 7:30, now it's 7:40 all of a sudden.

This whole new story version makes no sense and contradicts everything we have been lead to believe so far. To me IMHO it sounds more like a reporters version of what they were told since some of these "facts" there is no way of knowing for sure since no one was there to witness them.

7:40 isn't new - it's the time most often given by LE since the beginning, and consistently given by LE since way back on April 17. I only have one instance, way back on April 13, of LE saying 7:30.

April 13 – John Mehr, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
Holly Lynn Bobo, 20, was last seen around 7:45 a.m. today on Swan Johnson Road in Darden, said John Mehr with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
Jackson Sun

April 13 – Kristin Helm, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
approximately 7:30am
TBI media release:

April 17 – Kristin Helm, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
between 7:40am and 8:00am
TBI media release

April 18 – Bill Haslam, Governor, Tennessee
approximately 7:40am
Governor Haslam media release

April 20 – Investigators’ action
investigators went door to door talking to neighbors and set up checkpoints on six roads near Bobo’s home to speak to motorists passing by at the time of day Bobo was abducted, between 7:40 and 8 a.m.
Jackson Sun

Links to above articles can be found here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/holly-bobo-timeline/

• The psychology student went out to his sister’s Mustang. She was supposed to be on her way to school, he knew. Next to her car, pooled a small puddle of blood and a spilled Coke can.
Since when did it become a "puddle of blood"??? Wasn't it TBI who actually used the word "flecks" or "small flecks"? I forget exactlly how it was worded, but I know it was flecks.

Here's what I've got for flecks. D. Norville on Nancy Grace show April 20. I don't know what magazine she's referring to.

NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

All the info is coming from relatives while the family is silent and holed up. Parents had already left that morning, and brother was sleeping.

Starting to feel like something happened in the home with family.

I'm not seeing a marked difference in the blood description, except that now we have a better idea of how much blood. LE has been vague about how much blood previously.

April 14 – Roy Wyatt, Decatur County Sheriff
The Decatur County Sheriff also revealed that investigators found blood in the carport
Midsouthnewz

April 16 – Brad Wilbanks, Lieutenant, Tennessee Highway Patrol (THP)
Case Signal transcription @ 3:40:
Lt. Brad Wilbanks, THP: “Yes, yesterday in a press conference, Agent Mehr was able to confirm that there was an area of blood found outside the door there.“
ABC Good Morning America news video

April 18 – Mark Gwyn, Director, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
Gwyn said Monday that DNA tests are being conducted to find out whose blood was found on the carport
CNN

Gwyn confirmed the presence of blood on Bobo’s carport
Commercial Appeal news

April 19 – Kristin Helm, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
Helm said the crime lab is still analyzing blood found in a carport
News Channel 5

April 19 – Police source
A police source confirmed to FoxNews.com that a “small amount” of blood was found in the family’s carport
Fox News

Links here:

Here's what I've got for flecks. D. Norville on Nancy Grace show April 20. I don't know what magazine she's referring to.

NORVILLE: Well, for instance, it`s being reported by one magazine that there were flecks of blood in the lawn. Would that be how he`s described it to you?

Thanks, well trying to find more on the "flecks" I found this

NORVILLE: ... Rupa -- let me just stop you there, on the flecks of blood. That was reported by "OK!" magazine. It has not been confirmed by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. How reliable is that? Have we been able to get this confirmed from any other source?

I never heard of OK! magazine before.

Thanks, well trying to find more on the "flecks" I found this

NORVILLE: ... Rupa -- let me just stop you there, on the flecks of blood. That was reported by "OK!" magazine. It has not been confirmed by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. How reliable is that? Have we been able to get this confirmed from any other source?

I never heard of OK! magazine before.

Thank you!

I'm not seeing a marked difference in the blood description, except that now we have a better idea of how much blood. LE has been vague about how much blood previously.

April 14 – Roy Wyatt, Decatur County Sheriff
The Decatur County Sheriff also revealed that investigators found blood in the carport
Midsouthnewz

April 16 – Brad Wilbanks, Lieutenant, Tennessee Highway Patrol (THP)
Case Signal transcription @ 3:40:
Lt. Brad Wilbanks, THP: “Yes, yesterday in a press conference, Agent Mehr was able to confirm that there was an area of blood found outside the door there.“
ABC Good Morning America news video

Gwyn said Monday that DNA tests are being conducted to find out whose blood was found on the carport
CNN

Gwyn confirmed the presence of blood on Bobo’s carport
Commercial Appeal news

April 19 – Kristin Helm, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)
Helm said the crime lab is still analyzing blood found in a carport
News Channel 5

April 19 – Police source
A police source confirmed to FoxNews.com that a “small amount” of blood was found in the family’s carport
Fox News

Links here:

Thanks. So almost all those mention blood in the carport, not across the lawn, as per the transcript of the NG show. Thanks for your info, it is so hard to keep all this in ones head as to who said what and who confirmed what, and it's easy to get confused. :(

Found this too re the flecks

It is confirmed there were flecks of blood, discovered outside of the home, and the testing on the blood is complete...

Does not say confirmed by who though, although we do know there was blood found somewhere in some shape or form.

http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2011/04/developing-new-mystery-clue-discovered.html

Even though the link I posted is to Levi Page's blog, it has a CNN video on it which discusses the blood (around 1:27 in)and that is where his info for the post was taken from. It also goes back to the NG report. I hope that's ok to post.

Every detail in this case has the most muddled description

draged/led/walked

stranger/boyfriend and then the size and weight changed

puddle/flecks of blood

car port/driveway

flip flops/sneakers

lunch bag/purse/lunch box

brother inside/outside going into the woods/going outside later

screams heard/not heard

dogs barked/no dogs

I think the word "pool" when referencing blood works against the words "small amount." I know you can have a "small pool of blood" but the word "pool" automatically makes you think of more than just flecks.

So...Holly dropped the Coke but not the books.....

Oh yes, and I thought I read an article that said the mom made Holly's lunch. This article says Holly made her own lunch.

Oh yes, and I thought I read an article that said the mom made Holly's lunch. This article says Holly made her own lunch.
Me too, I had read that the way they confirmed it was her lunch bag was that her mother had made the lunch so she knew what was in it.

I think the word "pool" when referencing blood works against the words "small amount." I know you can have a "small pool of blood" but the word "pool" automatically makes you think of more than just flecks.

So...Holly dropped the Coke but not the books.....
JMO, but she could have already put the books in the car. She could have maybe made two trips, or if she's like me she could have put the coke on the roof and put the heavier stuff in first. Just a thought, but I understand your point.

Found this too re the flecks

It is confirmed there were flecks of blood, discovered outside of the home, and the testing on the blood is complete...

Does not say confirmed by who though, although we do know there was blood found somewhere in some shape or form.

http://levipageshow.blogspot.com/2011/04/developing-new-mystery-clue-discovered.html

Even though the link I posted is to Levi Page's blog, it has a CNN video on it which discusses the blood (around 1:27 in)and that is where his info for the post was taken from. It also goes back to the NG report. I hope that's ok to post.

Thanks, mag. I tend to go with what LE says, and I haven't found anything with LE saying flecks.

Thanks, mag. I tend to go with what LE says, and I haven't found anything with LE saying flecks.
Sorry to confuse the issue. :( I can't find anything re LE confirming flecks, everything I find re flecks points back to that NG show.

NORVILLE: One of the things I know you did, despite the inclement weather, is you were actually out in the woods, as well, and you were able to go with your camera crew into the area where it`s believed Holly`s lunchbox was found -- her mother apparently confirming that it was her lunchbox because the contents was the lunch that she had packed that morning. What is that area like?

ok, here's the problem that I have with this Tennessean article...

"Family's account
The family won’t talk about the case, but TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators have gotten this account from interviews with relatives:"

THink about this- Who was at the Bobo home when Holly went missing? Clint is the one and only eye witness to the "abduction", "kidnapping", or morning's events of Holly being led away.

Clint's the only witness, the only one. Any info gotten from other "relatives" is from "relatives" who were not there, who know only what they just think, or someone has told them. You can call it hearsay, their interpretations, their theories, or like the telephone game, where one person tells the next, and so on, and it changes dramatically.

Certainly TBI, (and Christine Helms of TBI) would heavily weight Clints eyewitness account, over anyone else, unless they believe him to be less-than-truthful. No one has indicated that- certainly not TBI.

Wondering if the Tennesseean's reporter/author of this article would clarify her slant of the article. Possibly it's worth asking her.

Sorry to confuse the issue. :( I can't find anything re LE confirming flecks, everything I find re flecks points back to that NG show.

Oh no - you're not confusing things! You're tracking down the sources of information, and that helps to clarify things, because then we can determine the credibility/reliability of the source, and figure out what we think is most likely and least likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya