TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not posted on Holly's thread for quite a while, but wanted to throw this out there. I have often wondered this same thing in other missing persons cases where the track just goes cold like the individual vanishes into thin air.

In Holly's case, how can LE know for sure that Holly is not alive and being held in someone's basement right there closeby? I know it would seem like someone would pick up on this if this perp had any relatives or close friends, but the case of Shawn Hornbeck comes to mind in how that creep was able to keep Shawn in his home and abuse him and neighbors did not know and he was even in an apartment complex, not confined to a basement. I know they have asked the public to watch for unusual behavior, but is there a person who lives alone around there, has kept his same daily routine, so as not to attract any attention?

Whenever I see or hear of a new case, this always bothers me that there is no way to do an all out search of area homes. Yes, I know it could be a violation of everything under the sun to do a search of EVERY home without a reason or search warrant, but if I lived in that area, I'd open my own home and say search away. I'd like to think all other innocent people would do the same but I guess I'm living in a dreamworld on this. Sorry for the rant. Just feel if TBI thinks it is "local", this seems like a possible, even though very slight, possibility.

Well, it's been almost 2 months already...... It's VERY unlikely that she is still alive.

According to the new article I previously posted, everyone interviewed has an alibi that checks out. I was thinking about this and what that means. It is a strange statement from the TBI considering they haven't released very much info. So, here is what I have come up with:

TBI thinks it is a local
TBI said everyone they have interviewed has an alibi
TBI has not found Holly
TBI ackowledged it could be more than 1 person
TBI says "There are people who know what happened to Holly"

So either:
A) The TBI is COMPLETELY wrong about this being a local. If everyone investigated has an airtight, truthful alibi and nobody else in town is suspicious at all, this is the only logical conclusion.

B) The TBI is insinuating that they don't believe some of the alibis given, and feel they know who is invloved. This is the way I'm leaning. Think about it. If there is more than 1 perp, and this was a planned abduction, do you think the people involved would have not discussed the alibi before hand??? I feel this statement by the TBI is very telling (but much like all of their statements, open for interpretation.) To me, it says "We know who did this, we know you're lying, we just need one of you to crack."

Any thoughts?
I'm sorry, with all due respect, it does NOT say that. The printed portion says

He did confirm that agents have spoken with everyone relevant to Holly's life, including people in her past. All alibis that people have given have been verified to be true.

What he actually says in the interview is

And you know, people that have alibis that we knew, we verified every information. (the last 4 words were kind of hard to understand)

Nowhere does it say that eveyone interviewd has an alibi that checks out, nor does it even say that everyone interviewd even has an alibi. I feel that is a VERY big difference.

If they truely are "one clue away" from solving this case, than weekly passionate pleas from the family might stir someone out there to give the key tip. What have they got to lose?

Somewhere out there is a man that knows Holly's brother saw him.
A witness is alive & could eventually testify against him.
Some bad people in that situation would be looking for a way to silence
that witness.
I do not blame the brother for keeping a low profile.

I also suspect the family is doing the best they can under such difficult
circumstances. Nothing really prepares a family for such a thing as having
someone from that family abducted.

Do you speak out alot and then risk making something worse that either
allows the perp to get away or worse yet if the missing family member is,
by some miracle,still alive you might anger or scare the perp causing him
to end her life?

If LE asks you to keep a low profile & let them do their work do you go
along or do you risk angering the very people working to find your missing
family member and make more public statements?

I could go on & on but I think we have no idea just what such families
go through. I hope things get better for them soon.

I've posted before about this incident:

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2011/apr/21/young-nc-man-who-claimed-he-was-kidnapped-asks-smo/
------------------

We've heard zilch about what happened, only that it appears he wasn't telling the truth. Then silence.

This leads me and others to wonder: Was he really telling the truth or not?
He was to be charged with making a false report according to the news reports I saw.

I also read that his father is a police officer. Perhaps some 'professional courtesy'
was extended or perhaps MSM felt the case was not
exciting enough to continue to report on it.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Missing-man-found-in-Smokies-said-he-escaped-kidnappers

http://fuquay-varinaindependent.com...=12838320&instance=secondary_news_left_column

I see lots of family members, witnesses or otherwise, speaking out in an attempt to get information leading to an arrest in their case. Granted, witnessed abductions are rare, but lots of crimes are witnessed if you look at the big picture. Unless LE is holding back info about the suspects appearance, I dont think the suspect has any real need to worry about being identified. Hes just a fairly large white guy. That really narrows it down.

I do think the family is just doing what they are able to given the circumstances, although at the same time it just seems odd. Just this week we had two teenage kids shot to death in a home invasion and their whole family along with LE is on the TV making very passionate pleas to the community asking for any help in finding the killers. We had the same thing last week as I mentioned with the kid killed outside a movie theater... the whole extended family was on TV within 24 hours. My sister was killed and it was just devastating to me, but I think after two months I could say something publically to ask for support especially if I felt I was dealing with a bunch of Barney Fifes. Or get a member of the family who is perhaps either more removed (not next of kin) to make a real statemement.

I dont know of any/many real cases where cops have coddled and played along with criminals to keep a victim alive. IMHO thats pure hollywood.

I know of a lot of cases where LE may tell the family to be quiet but they dont. Mitrice Richardson comes to mind. And again most missign girls families that I am familiar with make various degrees of public noise... Britnee Drexel's mom has, so did Morgan Harrington's parents. I remeber Chelsea King's folks on TV. I cant think of any that were told not to comment.

Its odd that NO ONE is commenting. It just strikes me that by and large this is what we have seen:

Mainstream media was all over this for the first two weeks. Just when it was getting "big" to the point of being on TV shows like Nancy Grace, etc. Something changed and those shows were cancelled. The family has made no real public appeals or statements outside of an initial short statement and small hand written thank you. Area locals seem to have been silenced somehow as they disappeared from here pretty quickly (the same day?) and with the same general explanations. You would think that over the span of two months someone, somewhere would put out something. I live in Tampa and hear all kinds of details about local cases like Julie Schenecker (just down the street in my neighborhood). I am not saying all that is true or not, but people here are certainly talking.

Where all that leads I don't know. But somthing is just ODD AND DIFFERENT HERE and I don't know what it is. I don't see all thse things as just being normal in the case of any old run of the mill investigation.

Somewhere out there is a man that knows Holly's brother saw him.
A witness is alive & could eventually testify against him.
Some bad people in that situation would be looking for a way to silence
that witness.
I do not blame the brother for keeping a low profile.

I also suspect the family is doing the best they can under such difficult
circumstances. Nothing really prepares a family for such a thing as having
someone from that family abducted.

Do you speak out alot and then risk making something worse that either
allows the perp to get away or worse yet if the missing family member is,
by some miracle,still alive you might anger or scare the perp causing him
to end her life?

If LE asks you to keep a low profile & let them do their work do you go
along or do you risk angering the very people working to find your missing
family member and make more public statements?

I could go on & on but I think we have no idea just what such families
go through. I hope things get better for them soon.

Thanks for those links. I never felt this guy was connected in any way. Plus he himself doesnt seem to match the suspects description and he was found far away. I always figured there was more to his story than met the eye but I did not pay so much attention to it.

He was to be charged with making a false report according to the news reports I saw.

I also read that his father is a police officer. Perhaps some 'professional courtesy'
was extended or perhaps MSM felt the case was not
exciting enough to continue to report on it.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Missing-man-found-in-Smokies-said-he-escaped-kidnappers

http://fuquay-varinaindependent.com...=12838320&instance=secondary_news_left_column

If that article is accurate, then maybe it's time to put everything out there and get some public help! Geeeez! A girl is missing and they are no longer actively persuing her?? Where's mom and dad if this is the case??? They need to hit the media trail and get this thing in the spotlight!

I agree - it's too quiet on the homefront. I can't imagine to know what I would do, but I'd certainly want to talk to anyone who would listen, including the media. Even if it turned into a Casey Anthony media circus, I don't think I'd care. I would just want her found (alive or otherwise).

The silence is deafening.

MOO

Mel

Hi melanie. I can understand stepping back and letting LE do their thing, but we are 2 Months into this and the parents need to reach out to the media and do everything they can to find their daughter!

Just look at Lauren Spierer who is recently missing from Indiana...LE has continued to release very detailed info related to her disappearance. They have listed where she was and what time, they have told where she went and what her habits were....they have listed her family members and their whereabouts and they continue to let more out as the hours tick by.

Same thing with the recent disappearance of Jacque Rawson Waller of Missouri....her family has been tireless and relentless in their pursuit of justice for their loved one. Yes, they have feelings about who they think committed this crime and they have shouted it from the rooftops since day one.

There is no question that Holly's case is unusual and is extremely quiet. Something is wrong....

Just look at Lauren Spierer who is recently missing from Indiana...LE has continued to release very detailed info related to her disappearance. They have listed where she was and what time, they have told where she went and what her habits were....they have listed her family members and their whereabouts and they continue to let more out as the hours tick by.

Same thing with the recent disappearance of Jacque Rawson Waller of Missouri....her family has been tireless and relentless in their pursuit of justice for their loved one. Yes, they have feelings about who they think committed this crime and they have shouted it from the rooftops since day one.

There is no question that Holly's case is unusual and is extremely quiet. Something is wrong....

TBI seems to keep all of their missing persons cases quiet...
But I hope the family has a limit as to how long they will remain in seclusion if nothing breaks in the case. Lauren's case is huge news right now, as well as Michelle Le's, and Holly has kind of dropped off the radar as far as any media attention and general public awareness.

While I do not believe that Holly, or the other recently missing women are currently "out there" where they might be spotted by the public, I do think speaking out can help bring out details of the day in question about possible suspects, or suspcious behavior of people since that day, if the public is reminded. The more time that passes, the less likely that good information will be available.

Why isn't Holly's family doing all they can to help their daughter? Even if she is not alive, I still would do all I can in order to get justice for my loved one.

Something IS wrong......... If they don't get out from under the backburner, people will forget all about Holly *And slowly it looks to be the case*.

I understand they are in tremindous (sp) pain, but they NEED to move forward and help bring Holly's perp(s) to justice.

I don't understand why so silent about everything?

I've been on the something is serioulsy not right bandwagon all along. I've said it before and I'll say it again, sure LE and the family aren't talking, but there are ALWAYS people who want to talk, and in a little community like this??? Why is there not a SINGLE investigative reporter there digging into this case? Sure, some locals might resent someone poking around, but others would be more than happy to talk I'm certain. There is stuff happening there that no one is hearing about because no one is there to report it I guarantee. WHY??? Why isn't that local Will Nunely guy that was there 24/7 tweeting about every little thing at first not digging into this? He seemed to be a pretty respected local guy that people there might be comfortable talking to. It's like LE has the entire area surrounded and won't let anyone in or out. It's bizarre!!

And IMHO, after 2 months, more like after 2 weeks, or maybe even 2 days, I'd be screaming about my daughter, pleading for anyone to help. Something is serioulsy not right here.

Are we (and I include myself) beginning to sleuth the family's actions more than we should? Mother and father seem like decent, quite people. The mother appears deeply distraught and the father wants to comfort her as best he can - media/public attention doesn't ease the pain. Let us extend our heartfelt sympathy and respect their wanting privacy.

Are we (and I include myself) beginning to sleuth the family's actions more than we should? Mother and father seem like decent, quite people. The mother appears deeply distraught and the father wants to comfort her as best he can - media/public attention doesn't ease the pain. Let us extend our heartfelt sympathy and respect their wanting privacy.
I guess maybe the main gist of my post wasn't as I meant it to be. I was pointing out how odd it is that EVERYONE is so mum, not just the family. I wasn't saying that's what should be happening, just how odd it seems.

The family has my utmost sympathy and heartfelt prayers from day one. I can't imagine what they are going through and wouldn't want to be in their shoes. I was just saying, and I'm a very quiet person myself, that at this point I personally don't think *I* could just sit there and not say anything anymore. I might come across as a total crying, blubbering basket case, but I think *I* would have to say something by now, a plea for help. As for what they should do, I don't know and can't say, and I pray they have some really good support helping them to cope.

I think, for me at least, is the motive of their actions. What would keep a parent from speaking about this? I also grew up in a very small town, pop. 300. There was nothing that would go unnoticed and you could bet the farm it was going to be talked about at the breakfast club by every old fart within 10 miles. I try an put myself in their shoes and I keep coming up with the same answer; I would be throwing a fit and turning over every rock, knocking on doors again and again and again.

BTW, I put myself in the "old fart" category, so don't throw rocks. :waiting:

The other thing I forgot to add, that is if they (LE) need help solving the case, and they are still asking for info and are still "one tip away", they (LE and/or the family) need to keep the case out in the publics view if they want the publics help/info/tips. MOO.

Maybe Holly Parents don't want to talk to the media because they know the outcome of their daughter's fate and maybe it would be too painful for them to talk about?

Maybe Holly Parents don't want to talk to the media because they know the outcome of their daughter's fate and maybe it would be too painful for them to talk about?

Yet we just read that her father is always searching.
One one of the HB FB pages, there is someone posting who says she is a relative and that they are searching for her all the time, and worrying constantly, so if she is for real, they don't seem to know anything more than we do.

IMHO, I think that there is a REASON for the silence that pertains to this specific case. I just can't figure out what it might be. There's a few different scenarios that might be in play here. To tell you the truth, I believe the case is a lot different than what we think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP