TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking outloud here... After re-reading some news tidbits the duct tape with blonde hair on it kinda of irked me a little. The neighbor heard her scream. I wonder if when cb saw holly being "led" into the woods, was he able to see the front of her? Was her mouth possibly duct taped so that she couldnt scream when she was close to her house? Was the scream her neighbor heard before the duct tape was placed on her mouth (just assuming this because the blip in a previous article said something about hair on it, so this would make since) or perhaps during a struggle near a vehicle? maybe she got it off and started screaming. I believe I read somewhere it was found near a road or on the side of the road.

This also makes me wonder if maybe her hands were bound in front of her somehow, which would explain maybe why it would have appeared from the back that she was being led/dragged/whatever the 100 various reports are. I cant imagine that under those circumstances walking through the woods would be very easy. She may have allowed the perp to lead her as she could not balance herself. Also if the blood was hers, we dont know what type of injury caused it, if it was a head wound she may have been dizzy or disoriented. IDK but IMO this scenario may explain a few things that are not adding up. I would love to know where the duct tape was located in relation to the neighbors house (that called 911 about the scream) and then in relation to HB's home. This may explain why CB did not hear HB screaming but the neighbor did.

I am guessing a vehicle did not pass in front of neighbors house after the scream as the neighbor would have been on high alert and I would guess that would have already come to light. Therefore, if a vehicle was used, it would have had to go in the opposit direction from the neighbor, to avoid being noticed.

Wanted to bring over an article from another Missing Child case(Kyron Horman)
as I feel what it states that they are embarking on doing is something that I have seen on more than one occasion purposed to be done in Holly's case.. I'll post a quote from the article and the link:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...ce_to_dis.html

There are still "millions of data points" that need to be examined. Those points come from all the cell phone calls picked up by 11 towers within a certain radius of Skyline School -- what investigators call "ground zero" -- during the six-hour span on June 4, 2010, when Kyron's disappearance went unreported. ]

So, in Kyron's case there is a 6hour window that they are checking for Holly that would be much smaller(say6:00am-9:00am).. Along with the amount of individual cell phone pings of course would be immensely greater with in Kyron's case it being the Portland, OR area.. And lastly the perimeter area that would be in question would be considerably smaller( just guessing but maybe 5 mile radius or even smaller around the Bobo residence) than the perimeter being searched in the Portland are.. So, therefor IMO making it only that much easier and that much more likely to yield positive results in narrowing down EXACTLY WHAT CELL PHONES WERE PINGING THE AREA IN QUESTION.. AROUND THE BOBO's DURING THOSE HOURS OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE THAT ADE IN QUESTION OF APRIL 13th..

So, as I said it has been mentioned before in Hollys thread for LE to get detailed reports of the cell phone towers in question and one by one go thru those details and numbers and find out EXACTLY JUST WHO WAS IN THE AREA THAT MORNING..

We now see right here in black and white that it most certainly can be achieved and as I said on a much larger and broader scale in Portland.. Thus Darden being a breeze in comparison..

Now why will not investigators do this in Holly's case.??? IMO there is not a reason in the world why LE should not be able to immediately start on such a task that has a great possibility of yielding positive results in the direction if just who, what, and why in Holly's case..

This could be huge!!!! It could pinpoint the exact perp and at the very least give LE very valid info and forward movement in the case.. I see it can only be a win-win IMO..!!!

IF LE is correct in their hint that an ATV may have been involved then he
did not have to carry his loot through the woods but transported it by
ATV. There are certain advantages to that.

Again, we do not know if he planned to burgle or just got to poking around
when opportunity offered.
(I saw them when I searched.)

Well since Clint saw them going North into the woods, aparently the suspect did not have a vehicle close to the house (as in the driveway). So if he were a burglar, he would do what? Carry a 54" TV 1000 yards through the woods to an ATV and then drive home with it on the back?

Why also (if the guy assumed the house was unoccupied and Holly was leaving) just not let her drive away then he would have the house to himself.
It seems Holly was accosted by her car in the driveway although reports are vague here. But more recently it was said the car was parked out front on the driveway (leading to the road) and thats where the spilled soda and blood were found.

I just now had the thought that maybe Holly's car was the target but then the theif would be leaving his own vehicle behind and it would not make sense to just switch from stealing a car to kidnapping.

The biggest detail to me that this perhaps was not a robbery gone bad is that it seems that the suspect had some good get away plans. Aside from Clint's glimpse of him, there is ZERO to go on. If he killed Holly and disposed of the body that seems to have been well planned as it has not been found in 4 months of intensive local searches. A robber would not have that all figured out in advance and would probably panic and just dump the body.

Totally OT, and I apologize, but I just have to ... I totally didn't know that about the EC case. My impression was that she was shot right there in the car on her road, then later they saw pictures of the perps trying to withdraw money from an ATM. At least that's how I remember it.

yes they got her out of her house, somehow got her to tell them her pin number, shot her and then went to the bank to get the money. robbery plain and simple. I forget if they actually got anything or not but at least they were caught on video.

Very little or no information about Holly's phone records, usage, tower pings, etc has ever been released. Despite rumors of her phone being found, it has never been confirmed.

Oddly there was a tease on TV on a Friday night about an upcoming Monday Nancy Grace show that had her usualy "Bombshell" hyperbole but it was supposed to be about cell phone activity like a message to her b/f and pings supposedly after she disappeared and within a mile of her house. Oddly that show never aired and Holly was not on NG at all on Monday.

I saw that TV ad a couple times myself. For a while if you googled "Nancy Grace Holly Bobo Cell Phone Ping" you got a hit with the summary for that show but when you click on the link it goes to the current NG site.

Wanted to bring over an article from another Missing Child case(Kyron Horman)
as I feel what it states that they are embarking on doing is something that I have seen on more than one occasion purposed to be done in Holly's case.. I'll post a quote from the article and the link:

So, in Kyron's case there is a 6hour window that they are checking for Holly that would be much smaller(say6:00am-9:00am).. Along with the amount of individual cell phone pings of course would be immensely greater with in Kyron's case it being the Portland, OR area.. And lastly the perimeter area that would be in question would be considerably smaller( just guessing but maybe 5 mile radius or even smaller around the Bobo residence) than the perimeter being searched in the Portland are.. So, therefor IMO making it only that much easier and that much more likely to yield positive results in narrowing down EXACTLY WHAT CELL PHONES WERE PINGING THE AREA IN QUESTION.. AROUND THE BOBO's DURING THOSE HOURS OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE THAT ADE IN QUESTION OF APRIL 13th..

So, as I said it has been mentioned before in Hollys thread for LE to get detailed reports of the cell phone towers in question and one by one go thru those details and numbers and find out EXACTLY JUST WHO WAS IN THE AREA THAT MORNING..

We now see right here in black and white that it most certainly can be achieved and as I said on a much larger and broader scale in Portland.. Thus Darden being a breeze in comparison..

Now why will not investigators do this in Holly's case.??? IMO there is not a reason in the world why LE should not be able to immediately start on such a task that has a great possibility of yielding positive results in the direction if just who, what, and why in Holly's case..

This could be huge!!!! It could pinpoint the exact perp and at the very least give LE very valid info and forward movement in the case.. I see it can only be a win-win IMO..!!!

Very little or no information about Holly's phone records, usage, tower pings, etc has ever been released. Despite rumors of her phone being found, it has never been confirmed.

Oddly there was a tease on TV on a Friday night about an upcoming Monday Nancy Grace show that had her usualy "Bombshell" hyperbole but it was supposed to be about cell phone activity like a message to her b/f and pings supposedly after she disappeared and within a mile of her house. Oddly that show never aired and Holly was not on NG at all on Monday.

I saw that TV ad a couple times myself. For a while if you googled "Nancy Grace Holly Bobo Cell Phone Ping" you got a hit with the summary for that show but when you click on the link it goes to the current NG site.

I remember that, and I believe I posted about it here on WS or I have it on my site. Possibly I captured it in Diigo, where I have the paid version that allows you to cache web pages.

If anyone would like to see it, holler, and I'll see if I can dig it up.

Not her phone but what other phones were active in that
small area that day? Makes an interesting thought.

. . .So if he were a burglar, he would do what?
Carry a 54" TV 1000 yards through the woods to
an ATV and then drive home with it on the back? . . .
You certainly assume he was after large stuff but we don't know
what he was after, whether jewelry, propane tanks, anhydrous or laptops,
CD's etc from the car. We don't really know what he was up to because
she came out & surprised him.

Carla Lashelle said:
. . .Why also (if the guy assumed the house was unoccupied
and Holly was leaving) just not let her drive away then he would have the
house to himself. . .
If she surprised him and saw him he might not have wanted to leave
a witness and a person to sound the alarm about him.
And I don't know if he assumed the house was empty or just
what he was thinking. I am reflecting on those possibilities but it
is sometimes difficult to get to a good possibility by one logical step
at a time.

Carla Lashelle said:
. . .It seems Holly was accosted by her car in the driveway
although reports are vague here. But more recently it was said the car
was parked out front on the driveway (leading to the road) and thats
where the spilled soda and blood were found. . .
At least some of the reports I read said something about a carport
being the scene of blood being found.

'. . . as police discovered blood on a carport . . .'
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4258854...t/sheriff-no-suspects-abduction-tenn-student/

This makes me wonder if he had considered a home invasion burglary
but when she came out and surprised him it threw him off and he changed
gears and took her. At this point we don't know the details but I think
it very possible this was one small crime that turned into something else
much worse.

Carla Lashelle said:
. . .The biggest detail to me that this perhaps was not a robbery
gone bad is that it seems that the suspect had some good get away plans. . .
He seems to have simply headed mostly north to the interstate which
appears to be the shortest way to get away from the area. From there
I suspect he went straight to some place where he felt safe
in disposing of her. Not much planning needed. Go from one remote
place to another that you feel safe in. Or maybe just go straight home
if he lived alone.

Once he hit that interstate he could easily have taken her hours
of drive time away to another location. I doubt anyone is yet looking
in the right place being so far away. In a year or so an unidentified
body may be found far away and may be far enough away to not
be immediately connected to this case. Then it might be a few more
years before volunteers, like those here, finally make the connection and
submit the match.

I certainly hope this case doe not take so long but such things have
happened before.

I do not remember so perhaps if someone knows the answer to this
question they can save me time of looking it up in MSM reports:
How many vehicles were parked at the home that morning?

You know the only thing I can think of is that LE has a good suspect and is still watching him hoping he will go visit where HB is. Maybe with all the press, and stuff he won't go, so no information kinda of makes the story on page 2 instead of 1. Hoping the perp relaxes and makes a big mistake.

The "home invasion" reporting would make you think he was after something else until holly crossed his path.

I still want to know what took place the day and night before the abduction.

My normal feeling to to focus on someone close to the victim... like the family, estranged ex husband, stalker boyfriend, crazy co worker, etc. Shelly Mook, Drew Peterson's two wives, Lacey Peterson, etc. fall into this category. This kind of killer usually goes to some great lengths to hide the body. But also they are at least suspected by the rest of the family and LE even if its hard to officially charge them. Missing women in this category all have friends of family that come forward and say so and so threatened them, was abusive, told them if they left they would kill them, etc.

Plus you have just the crazed killer stalker like the guys that killed Rebecca Schaeffer, John Hinkley, etc. They dont seem to hide their action or the body.

In Holly's case you can probably rule out a crime based on a risky behaviours like drug deals gone bad (Krista Dittmeyer)

You can also probably rule out some kind of mental disorder or drug/alcohol abuse (Mitrice Richards).

Then you have the sex offender type killer who may abduct someone from a home or out in the community. Again they seem more impulse type killers. They may hide the body but not so well and because they are repeat offenders they get caught. This would be someone like John Gardener who killed Chelsea King and Amber Duboise. He was already in the system for raping another girl and the case against him in Chelsea and Ambers deaths quickly built up against him. Chelsea's body was found fairly easily and evidence recovered from the crime scene led right back to Gardener.

Oh and don't forget the girls that hang out with suspect friends, often while drinking or doing drugs. I suspect this in cases like Lauren Spierer, Brittnee Drexel, etc. Someone that was with those girls when they disappeared knows what happens. And again, the families of those girls have said as much. They may not be able to name someone but they have ideas. And those families have spoken out. Morgan Harrington sort of falls into this category too. None of her friends seemed to pay much attention and its not known why she left the concert. And the last time she was seen was hitch hiking on a bridge... Its not like she was taken from her house she was out where someone could get her.

True stranger abductions seem somewhat rare compared to all those other kinds of abductions and murders. They do happen but I think all of the above scenarios happen 100 times more often. Elizabeth Smart isnt really a total stranger abduction either. Her family and sister knew the guy that took her they just didnt recall him.

In Holly's case none of the above SEEM to apply. Possibly someone had been to the home to do some work or something and saw Holly. But no one has ever recalled such a person or said "hey what about that guy that was here in February... "

When the case was first reported the details did make Clint look suspicious. Remember this was said to be a home invasion, that clint saw his sister being dragged away, etc. I think most people should wonder wtf didn't he try to stop it? That obviously influenced Pat Brown's statements that have aired on TV a couple times implicating Clint. No matter where or how the reporting errors were made, they were made, and that made an impression on people. Its like when the newspaper prints something wrong and everyone reads it, no one sees the correction 3 days later on page 200.

But so far this whole story just does not add up. He saw it he didnt see it she was in fear for her life, they were just walking, there was blood, the blood was a tiny amount, the blood was pools or flecks, the blood was across the yard, there were 2, 3, 4, 911 calls. The mom called 911, the mom didn't call 911. People went into the woods searching, they didnt go into the woods...

I would add Molly Bish as a category - and that's the one that Holly fits just about perfectly into IMO....
(though Molly's mother did have a suspicion about someone she saw the day before.. whereas in Holly's case, CB actually saw the perp... but in both cases at the time neither reacted as they would have had they known). Molly's mom didn't get the license plate #... Clint didn't realize what was taking place...)

Murder of Molly Bish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am also curious to know the last time holly was seen by a non-family member.

Nothing has been released about Holly's whereabouts, what she did, whom she saw in day prior, any parties she was at in the weeks before, any jobs or prior work she did, etc - all I know about her is that she left her house that morning and was taken.

The "home invasion" reporting would make you think he was after something else until holly crossed his path.

I may be wrong, but I think the home invasion report was from ABC and that report included that the mother also witnessed her being abducted. Take it with a grain of salt IMO.

There's a news article with Holly's bf's grandmother or mother saying that the night of Holly's abduction was the first Holly and her bf had been away from each other in a year.

Not proof positive, but I'm thinking Holly saw her bf the night before. She could, of course, have seen other non-family after that.

If anyone would like the article, holler, and I'll grab the link.

The thing about a "home invasion" that turned into a kidnapping is that most home invaders are not afraid to confront the family. They know who is there, they want particular items (drugs, cash, etc.). Case in point the famous Ninja attack here in Florida where a truck load of ninja invaders drove up to the house, stormed inside, rounded up the adults and killed them, and dragged out a big safe (they got the wrong safe). Very bold and brazen but they attacked the house with at least 4-6 people inside and during the day time. The attackers also knew the house had a closed circuit security camera system but that did not deter them.

I cant see real home invaders casing out the Bobo house, not knowing who or who was not at home, and then deciding to grab Holly and walk off into the woods. As there is no evidence of more than one suspect, I would find that odd for a home invasion and even a lot of burglaries. If anything a hostage would have been a better way to gain entry into the house. Just doesn't add up to me.

As for a burglary (you can tell I just do not believe this at all) you would still want your vehicle close. Even if you were stealing small stuff are you going to make a bazillion trips back and forth to a hidden vehicle in the woods somewhere with arm loads of electronics, small stuff, etc. Just don't see it in this case. And I think most burglars would note that with a couple cars around, at a busy time for people to be leaving for work, etc. the house may not be empty anyway. The few times I was robbed was during the middle of the afternoon like 2-3 PM when I was not home. Even if I had gone home for lunch on those days I would have been home and out before they struck. And again if it were a burglary, grabbing Holly would be a good way to get in and find out what was in the house to steal. You wouldnt just drop everything and take her away.

Odds and ends details:

With everyone having cell phones these days, even in a smallish place like Darden, I dont think you could learn much from checking other peoples records. besides that is illegal without a warrant. You cant jsut get the cell phone records for 4000 people just to take a look at them.

Details about where the incident occured have been sketchy. Some reports even say garage, as well as car port. One of the later reports (discussed and posted her a lot) from about a month ago clarified things and said her car was in the front of the house in the driveway. So what happened to Holly initially started there it seems.

Molly Bish... from what I read a long time ago people had seen some hinky guy hanging around the pool where she was working. Not really the same to me as Holly aside from both girls vanishing. Its not hard to imagine some perv killer hanging around a pool where a female lifeguard or swimmer might be alone. Girl vanishes... you put 2 and 2 together. Holly's case is less "mundane" ? Just something different. Each crime is differnt and unique but something somehow about Holly just sets it apart.

There's a news article with Holly's bf's grandmother or mother saying that the night of Holly's abduction was the first Holly and her bf had been away from each other in a year.

Not proof positive, but I'm thinking Holly saw her bf the night before. She could, of course, have seen other non-family after that.

If anyone would like the article, holler, and I'll grab the link.

Yes, I remember that about it being the first time they were not together in a year.... there was discussion about that on the early threads - tricky to search for that, at least for me to... IIRC some wondered about their being together every night considering religious background...

Yes, I remember that about it being the first time they were not together in a year.... there was discussion about that on the early threads - tricky to search for that, at least for me to... IIRC some wondered about their being together every night considering religious background...

Found it!

JUST GONE
http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/01/05/041511-news-holly-bobo-4-4

The Daily – THURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2011
  • Holly had been dating a local boy, 19-year-old Drew Scott.
  • The boy’s grandmother, Susie Siglow, told The Daily the two were madly in love and planning to marry, and said Drew was too distraught to speak.
  • “I’ve known Holly for a long time,” Siglow said. “Holly would never hurt nobody and she would never run away from home. She is the sweetest person you could ever meet.”
  • She added, “[Drew] is tore up. Last night was the first night they’ve been apart for about a year.”

I'm on a roll! Here's the Nancy Grace thingie:

Missing Nurse Holly Bobo: Sources Say Cell Pinged After Abduction
http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...nurse-holly-bobos-cell-pinged-after-abduction

Nancy Grace – April 22, 2011 Posted: 08:22 PM ET
This story has been removed from Nancy Grace site on which it originated
Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo’s cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine.

That's on my site. If you ever need to link to it, you can link to this news article archive page:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/201...s-articles-videos-dated-friday-april-22-2011/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member