TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped:

Molly Bish... from what I read a long time ago people had seen some hinky guy hanging around the pool where she was working. Not really the same to me as Holly aside from both girls vanishing. Its not hard to imagine some perv killer hanging around a pool where a female lifeguard or swimmer might be alone. Girl vanishes... you put 2 and 2 together. Holly's case is less "mundane" ? Just something different. Each crime is differnt and unique but something somehow about Holly just sets it apart.

Here is why they are so similiar:
I'm sure it was only Molly's mom who saw a man sitting in a car the day before Molly was taken.
The man seemed a bit scarey to Molly's mom, as if he was looking at the lake, checking it out, and he seemed out of place in his car - it was a white something or other, but she looked at him and he left, she did not get the plate # But, it was thought because the lake was so unknown to outsiders that it was safe...

When Molly went missing, I believe her mom did think of the stranger till sometime later... Time was lost looking for MB in the lake, it was a very rural, remote area (like where HB lives)...

Then LE tunnel visioned on Molly's BF, despite the family (especially her brother) believing the BF had nothing to do with it. (Can't remember but think LE even focused on the brother!)

The entire day when MB vanished had just about passed, and then there was a big, uncontrolled search around the lake and into the dense woods (reminds me of the searching for Holly).. and it ran into the night... It was the largest and most expensive search for a missing person ever held in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Just like for Holly, the search took a bit of time to get started, and importantly no road blocks, etc. set up...

LE thought MB had been lured away by the perp saying someone had accident and needed help,,, IIRC MB first aid kit was open (the luring away reminds me of HB trusting someone enough to let that person get control of her)...

ETA - afterthoughts - it appeared the perp had parked his vehicle in a cemetery not far from the lake when he took MB and once he lured her into the woods was able to subdue her and take her to his vechicle that was seduced... he was lucky no one spotted him, and he was daring in that regard (odds are this is what happened to Holly).

The POI was a resident of the area, fished in the pond, hunted in the woods, drove a white care... Strangely, despite it be a small town, and even knowing they were looking a white car .... no one came forward about this fellow ... amazing!

Perhaps there's something to learned from all of this...

When looking back at how this case has played out, there is not much factual info to go by. The story is to convoluted to be sure of anything, but one thing that has really bothered me all along is the media gag imposed by the TBI toward the Bobo's and the media. I cannot think of any normal situation where the right to free speech was imposed upon during a missing persons case. This was not a situation where people within the media did not want to talk about it, they were asked not to. Several TV and radio shows have been cancelled and one radio show made it a point to say the TBI asked that because of "security reasons and protection of the family" they not discuss the case. Seems like they had a person or group in mind to protect them from?
Most of us want to give LE room to do their jobs, but isn't what the TBI was doing going way overboard? Who do they not want hearing the discussions of this case? I highly doubt anybody would of given out any case sensitive info considering there is none in the public's eye and even so, if somebody was to share info that would lead to finding HB or her abductor, wouldn't they of been found already? Why did they let rumors fly and then show concern about rumors hampering their investigation? This confuses me and is one of the few tangible things in this case that we actually know happened.

Karen Bobo on HLN - phone interview - yesterday Thursday July 28

‪HLN Prime News: Levi Page discussing Holly Bobo‬‏ - YouTube

I hadn't heard about the sex offender stalking around where HB when to school.... here's something mentioned in Gather News about him:

"In fact, during the initial investigation of Holly's disappearance, a registered sex offender by the name of Jason Everett Nickell was arrested on charges of stalking women. It's alleged that he was stalking young adults at the university Holly Bobo attended for nursing school. Not much has been said about Nickell since his arrest, but it's suspicious that his bond is set as high as $300,000. "

I hadn't heard about the sex offender stalking around where HB when to school.... here's something mentioned in Gather News about him:

"In fact, during the initial investigation of Holly's disappearance, a registered sex offender by the name of Jason Everett Nickell was arrested on charges of stalking women. It's alleged that he was stalking young adults at the university Holly Bobo attended for nursing school. Not much has been said about Nickell since his arrest, but it's suspicious that his bond is set as high as $300,000. "

Wasn't it a different branch of the college, in another town?

Note: Even though we disagree I am glad you too are trying
to figure out what happened to Holly. Big friendly wave.

The thing about a "home invasion" that turned
into a kidnapping is that most home invaders are not afraid
to confront the family. . .
You appear to be making some unwarranted blanket assumptions
about home burglaries.

While some are unafraid to come upon people in the
home others are not at all willing to face such an encounter and will run
away at first opportunuty. I do not think your blanket rule would apply
to anywhere near all such burglaries.

Any time you have a burglar enter a home they are invading it but not all
are wanting or willing to confront occupants. Even those intending to use
force on others often lose their nerve over the littlest things.

Even some people that set out to rob a store at gunpoint turn and run
away at the first sign of trouble. And yet you could assume they go
in with the intent & willingness to confront people.

In fact we do not know if he was burgling at the moment or just casing
the home for a later time and got caught poking around.
I wish you could have watched a series about home security
called 'It takes a Thief' where an ex-thief was hired to break into
a clients home to show how poor the home's security was.

Carla Lashelle said:
. . .As for a burglary
(you can tell I just do not believe this at all). . .
I know. I am not trying to convince you of something you are
obviously opposed to. I am, however, pointing out that it
is not the near impossibility that your statements would have
it seem to be. You make some incorrect assumptions about behavior
such as a burglar not having duct tape and so forth.

Nope never heard that rumor before. Levi probably got it from that Gather blogger. :banghead:

I love the quote in my signature. Making things up and rumor mongering and sensationalizing only trivializes what happens to these victims. You can't find a missing person with made up stories.

When looking back at how this case has played out, there is not much factual info to go by. The story is to convoluted to be sure of anything, but one thing that has really bothered me all along is the media gag imposed by the TBI toward the Bobo's and the media. I cannot think of any normal situation where the right to free speech was imposed upon during a missing persons case. This was not a situation where people within the media did not want to talk about it, they were asked not to. Several TV and radio shows have been cancelled and one radio show made it a point to say the TBI asked that because of "security reasons and protection of the family" they not discuss the case. Seems like they had a person or group in mind to protect them from?
Most of us want to give LE room to do their jobs, but isn't what the TBI was doing going way overboard? Who do they not want hearing the discussions of this case? I highly doubt anybody would of given out any case sensitive info considering there is none in the public's eye and even so, if somebody was to share info that would lead to finding HB or her abductor, wouldn't they of been found already? Why did they let rumors fly and then show concern about rumors hampering their investigation? This confuses me and is one of the few tangible things in this case that we actually know happened.

BBM. What media gag?

What TV and radio shows have been cancelled other than that one Bring Them Home radio show which was to be an interview of Tammy the neighbor?

I don't know this happened and I've followed this case very closely from day one. In fact, IIRC, this is the first time I'm hearing anything about it.

This is Holly:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

And she is still missing.

Seems to me that LE is taking her kidnapping quite seriously.

I don't know what makes people think they are not.

Nope never heard that rumor before. Levi probably got it from that Gather blogger. :banghead:

I love the quote in my signature. Making things up and rumor mongering and sensationalizing only trivializes what happens to these victims. You can't find a missing person with made up stories.

BBM

How true BeanE!

Id love to know if Karen saw Drew that morning or spoke to him on the phone!
She said she spoke to Holly Drew AND HER MOTHER.

I cant see her calling her Daughters BF.

So if she saw him where was it?

And why is it Drew has never uttered one word?

Hi BeanE. Can't find an update on what happened here. Is this a dead issue? In another article upstream in the threads, it is stated that his father is in LE. And so, what is the truth and what really happened, because some people find it a little odd? Was this guy really lying? And why? Where was his car? In another posted article, he said he was abducted by 3 people. There are no further news reports.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Missing-man-found-in-Smokies-said-he-escaped-kidnappers

OK, so if none of this is relevant or is not anyone's business, then why?

Maybe Holly's BF more or less stayed at the Bobo's house. Am only saying this since Holly's mom said she had spoken to him that morning, and also his grandmother said it was the first time in a year that they had spent the night apart, I believe. ( paraphrasing).

Hi BeanE. Can't find an update on what happened here. Is this a dead issue? In another article upstream in the threads, it is stated that his father is in LE. And so, what is the truth and what really happened, because some people find it a little odd? Was this guy really lying? And why? Where was his car? In another posted article, he said he was abducted by 3 people. There are no further news reports.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Missing-man-found-in-Smokies-said-he-escaped-kidnappers

OK, so if none of this is relevant or is not anyone's business, then why?

I haven't found anything else. I keep that guy tucked in the back of my mind.

BBM. What media gag?

What TV and radio shows have been cancelled other than that one Bring Them Home radio show which was to be an interview of Tammy the neighbor?

I don't know this happened and I've followed this case very closely from day one. In fact, IIRC, this is the first time I'm hearing anything about it.
BeanE, again, LE does not broadcast the reasons they do what they do. Maybe media gag was not the right choice of words, let's just say if you are not rehashing what is in press releases, you probably did not air your show that day or your segment.
Did NG not cancel a segment that was suppose to feature HB in it and was that not discussed a few posts back? Did AMW not want to feature HB and the TBI told them to get lost? Did the pastor who is the family spokesperson not go on national tv and avoid all questions? <modsnip> The family was in hiding from the media until very recently as well. Also, BTHN was to have Whitney Duncan on that night, according to their website. <modsnip> Why was BTHN cancelled for safety concerns for the family? Who were they protecting them from?

I haven't found anything else. I keep that guy tucked in the back of my mind.

OK. Can't find any court hearings, etc. either. According to one of the news articles he was charged with lying about the incident.

The cool thing with all of this is ultimately we have a lot of differeint view points working towards one common goal.

You might confuse some of my statements about a home invasion with a burgulary. I think a lot of burlgars dont want to be seen or caught. But I consider a home invasion (which this case oddly was described as) to be a different kind of crime. Home invaders are not afraid of a confrontation (thats what makes it a home invasion versus say a burglary of an unoccupied dwelling).

When I try to think of a scenario, I try to make it as general or basic as possible. For example, and this is just wild... you could argue that they escaped in a helicopter that camo man had stashed in the woods a mile away. Okay... I guess that would be plausible. Probable? probably NOT. So I would never suppose that. Id say more likely he had a car or truck and it was close. Just because most people drive cars and trucks not fly helicopters. As for the suspect having an ATV I would say no just because if you kidnap someone its harder to get away with them on an ATV than in a car or truck. Plus they are noisey, slow (if you are in a chase with cop cars) have limited range (if you were taking a victim out of state on the interstate) etc.

Im not sure if I ever said a burglar wouldn't have duct tape. For a home invasion yes... for a burglary (of an unoccupied dwelling) I think it would be low on the list of things I would take (compared to say lock picking tools, sledge hammer, pry bar, duffle bags or pillow cases to put loot in, etc.

The thing I have noticed with many crimes is how simple and basic they really are. There is no mystery involved. Its just finding out what those basics are.

Note: Even though we disagree I am glad you too are trying
to figure out what happened to Holly. Big friendly wave.

You appear to be making some unwarranted blanket assumptions
about home burglaries.

While some are unafraid to come upon people in the
home others are not at all willing to face such an encounter and will run
away at first opportunuty. I do not think your blanket rule would apply
to anywhere near all such burglaries.

Any time you have a burglar enter a home they are invading it but not all
are wanting or willing to confront occupants. Even those intending to use
force on others often lose their nerve over the littlest things.

Even some people that set out to rob a store at gunpoint turn and run
away at the first sign of trouble. And yet you could assume they go
in with the intent & willingness to confront people.

In fact we do not know if he was burgling at the moment or just casing
the home for a later time and got caught poking around.
I wish you could have watched a series about home security
called 'It takes a Thief' where an ex-thief was hired to break into
a clients home to show how poor the home's security was.

I know. I am not trying to convince you of something you are
obviously opposed to. I am, however, pointing out that it
is not the near impossibility that your statements would have
it seem to be. You make some incorrect assumptions about behavior
such as a burglar not having duct tape and so forth.

This is Holly:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

And she is still missing.

Seems to me that LE is taking her kidnapping quite seriously.

I don't know what makes people think they are not.
:banghead:
I really do not get the jump from bringing up why LE would not release accurate info and is okay with different versions of the story being in the media to thinking that somebody thinks that LE is not trying to solve the case. These are not mutually exclusive and often times are used for specific reasons. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking