TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the family knows who the perp is, because I think male relatives would have confronted the perp directly, or kidnapped one or more of the perp's female relatives to use for a prisoner swap. I don't think they would just be sitting around letting the perp go on with this day after day.

The only way I can see that they believe Holly is still in W. Tennessee is if they have a suspect or suspects who were not gone from town long enough to bring or leave her anywhere else. Otherwise, how on earth they can say this is beyond me. I am hoping they are not trying to say she is still within state lines in order to keep lead on the case, rather than FBI, if that would be a factor.

Im sure not sad to hear "fresh eyes/new approach"!

I took the West Tennessee thing as meaning that although they have no physical evidence that she was killed, statistically, she was most likely killed by her abductor very soon after abduction, and so her body would be in West TN.

If she wasn't killed, and is being kept captive, the most likely place would be fairly near to the abduction point. Travelling with a victim greatly increases risk of discovery and capture. Holing up is the best option.

That again points to someone local, who would have a history there to assist them in the weeks before the abduction to find a good hiding place.

Holed up somewhere like Natchez Trace park. Lots of woods and hiding places in there. Again, that would put Holly in West TN.

Statistically and circumstantially though, I think Holly was killed very quickly. At the most, maybe he kept her alive for up to 24 hours, but that's just not how these animals function. They just kill, or rape and kill, within just a few hours.

I think poor Holly was gone within an hour at the most, and the perp had already picked out a 'good' disposal place. Not hard to do in that area, particularly for a local who knows the area.

Just my own opinion.

What awful thoughts as soon as I wake up. :(

God bless Holly, and Dana, Karen, and Clint too.

I am so glad they talked as well, I hope they trust the people helping them.

Nice to hear something from the family. I've never thought that she would be found alive, but for some reason I get the feeling that they think she might be.
I don't know diddly about crime investigation, but although the publicity
is nice, there was no new information released. Are they hoping that a person of interest or two might show up at this ride/auction? The publicity seems almost like a strategic chess move to me rather than an effort to keep her name and face out there.

I agree with some that they know quite a bit about how, what , and who but just don't have the evidence. I've never believed anyone in her immediate
family has anything to do with this, however I can't shake the feeling that it
was retribution or some kind of personal vendetta against a family member for something they did or didn't do that the perp saw as "reason " for this. I also believe that there is a possibility that someone well versed in law enforcement techniques is helping to cover.

There's a show on bio channel right now about girls in California who went missing, with blood being found at the scene of the abductions. Even though the person who abducted Holly is obviously not the same person who took these girls, I thought it might be interesting to watch since the perps have a similar MO. Maybe it could give some insight into the thought processes of Holly's abductor.

"Helping Holly Run," is not a good name for this event...sorry to say. It might sound better as "Bring Holly Home Run," or something like that. Either way, I hope the family feels the love and support their community is offering to them...and I hope the community begins to put more pressure on anyone they think is withholding info about what happened to Holly.

There's a show on bio channel right now about girls in California who went missing, with blood being found at the scene of the abductions. Even though the person who abducted Holly is obviously not the same person who took these girls, I thought it might be interesting to watch since the perps have a similar MO. Maybe it could give some insight into the thought processes of Holly's abductor.

Might be interesting. Let us know if you see anything that you think might apply.

Might be interesting. Let us know if you see anything that you think might apply.

The guy's name was Rex Krebs, if you want to google and read about him. I think Holly's abductor would probably be similar to this guy, actually.

He was a sex offender who spent time in prison for rape, but was eventually unleashed back onto the public and the two women he eventually murdered. He knocked the first one in the head in a public place, tying her up, transporting her in his truck to a cabin, where he raped and murdered her.

The second victim was someone he stalked for a while. Krebs had a rape kit that included binoculars and rope. After multiple occurances of peeping tom type stalking, he eventually broke into her home, beat her unconscious, and transported her in his truck hogtied.

Even though they showd a knife on the TV show, it sounds the blood at the scenes were from hitting the girls with blunt objects and perhaps his fists.

I do think Holly Bobo was probably abducted for sexual motives, just for the simple fact that she's a pretty girl. It sounds like Parsons is a very, very small town, so I imagine the number of females who are young, pretty, and height/weight proportionate would be very low, making her a rare beauty for the town and elevating her risks for something like this, unfortunately.

A perpetrator who would do something like this is obviously somebody totally out of control, very dangerous, and someone who is likely to do this again, in my opinion.

The guy's name was Rex Krebs, if you want to google and read about him. I think Holly's abductor would probably be similar to this guy, actually.

He was a sex offender who spent time in prison for rape, but was eventually unleashed back onto the public and the two women he eventually murdered. He knocked the first one in the head in a public place, tying her up, transporting her in his truck to a cabin, where he raped and murdered her.

The second victim was someone he stalked for a while. Krebs had a rape kit that included binoculars and rope. After multiple occurances of peeping tom type stalking, he eventually broke into her home, beat her unconscious, and transported her in his truck hogtied.

Even though they showd a knife on the TV show, it sounds the blood at the scenes were from hitting the girls with blunt objects and perhaps his fists.

I do think Holly Bobo was probably abducted for sexual motives, just for the simple fact that she's a pretty girl. It sounds like Parsons is a very, very small town, so I imagine the number of females who are young, pretty, and height/weight proportionate would be very low, making her a rare beauty for the town and elevating her risks for something like this, unfortunately.

A perpetrator who would do something like this is obviously somebody totally out of control, very dangerous, and someone who is likely to do this again, in my opinion.

Yes but then how was Holly walked into the woods without alarming her brother something was wrong with her? Blunt force to her face or head enough to cause shedding of blood would definitely leave her staggering. Unless the perp circled back around with Holly and went toward the driveway area and hit her after Clint saw them walking into the woods.

The sequence of events is very bizarre when paired with what evidence we know: the blood by the driveway/carport.

I am glad that the family spoke...I think that was important. Of course, they gave us nothing new. And it wasn't really an "interview," since I'm sure the Bobo's are limited in the answers they can give to the questions we are all wondering about.

I would like to ask:
What was Holly doing in the days and evenings leading up to her disappearance?
Do you know anyone who may have had a reason to be angry with any member of your family?

Anyone care to add some questions for that perfect interview (if we could get one!)?
My question would be," Could we have an official,updated timeline and sequence of events from LE directly and not the interpretation of what somebody thinks was said by LE mixed with various news reports from the first week to make it seem like the reporter actually left their office computer and interviewed somebody involved with the case in some manner?

Yes but then how was Holly walked into the woods without alarming her brother something was wrong with her? Blunt force to her face or head enough to cause shedding of blood would definitely leave her staggering. Unless the perp circled back around with Holly and went toward the driveway area and hit her after Clint saw them walking into the woods.

The sequence of events is very bizarre when paired with what evidence we know: the blood by the driveway/carport.

It was probably a blitz attack with a blunt object that left her stunned and disoriented. I tend to think it was a blunt object that caused the bleeding instead of a sharp object, because a sharp object would've caused acute pain which would've likely caused a scream or a shout. But a blunt object could've just left her in a stupor as she was being strongarmed and led away.

"The TBI continues to release only limited information about their findings. The reason is to protect the investigation that continues to evolve."

"Anyone out there who has any information, no matter how small you think it is, please, come forward with it and turn that into authorities," Clint said.

Analogy:
PATIENT: " Doctor, I really need your help, the pain is unbearable."

DOCTOR: Where is the pain?

PATIENT: I just can't tell you that, it might compromise the integrity of my
physical well-being

DOCTOR: Can you tell me how and when you experienced the onset of this

pain and if you were doing something at the time that could have

caused it?

PATIENT: No, but anything you can do to help me would be appreciated

DOCTOR::waitasec:

It could've been similar to what happened to University of Tennessee wide receiver Joey Kent in the game against Florida in 1995. Below is the video of the hit:

YouTube - Big Hit

I was a Tennessee fan about five rows up on the east sideline, the same sideline as the Tennessee team sideline. My father and I were sitting on the exact same yardline as the one where the hit took place, the 48 yard line. After Kent was hit, he was helped and led to the UT sideline by two trainers, but was walking entirely on his own. I was watching Kent as he was walking to the sideline in my direction and had a good look at his face. It was very apparent he didn't know what planet he was on or what year it was.

I know Kent's hit and Holly's abduction are 100% unrelated. I'm just using this as an example of how someone with a concussion can still walk, especially with some help, but not have a clue about what on Earth is going on.

Hear the emotional message from holly bobo's mother tonight at 5 and 6 on @NC5
http://twitpic.com/5gr2og

330467920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads