TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole case has been bizarre from the start. It was first called a "home invasion," which I have rarely heard in crime speak, unless it is to mean the home itself was invaded by a perp or perps. We heard that Holly was "dragged" away and I really find it hard to believe that someone would confuse the word "dragged" with the words "walk," "went willingly," or "was led." That use of wording, in the first day of this crime, had to be intentional.

So let's see: "Home invasion" became "kidnap" and then an "alleged abduction." "Dragged" became "led" and then became "went willingly." The perp went from "the boyfriend" to "an unknown person" of varying heights and weights.
We still have no 911 calls. NO 911 calls. Why not? What would it hurt to release those calls to the public? This is very common procedure....let us hear the calls. We can't even verify who made the calls.

:eek:fftopic: But could someone please explain what constitutes a home invasion, for example as opposed to someone just breaking in and robbing?

:eek:fftopic: But could someone please explain what constitutes a home invasion, for example as opposed to someone just breaking in and robbing?

Home invasion generally means people actually busting into your home, while the occupants are there, vs. the idea of the burglar who sneaks in while you are at work or on vacation, usually looking for empty houses. We had a string of them here in ABQ a few years ago, very terrifying, when you would answer your doorbell, two or more men would push their way into the home with weapons drawn. In one case, a couple was murdered by what pretended to be magazine salemen. I have had nightmares about this type of crime, I can't imagine many things scarier.

Snipping and bumping this from the OP

It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

I am really glad the family came forward. Im not sure why it took two months, but their statements seem to have generated a whole lot of new interest in the case, at least in the public eye. I see more notice on both the bloggy spots like Gather but also on local TN affiliates again. It can't hurt to stir peoples memories.

I am pleased to know too that the family has so much community support. These aren't dumb people up there. Its a fairly close knit community and the Bobo's friends and neighbors and community have really kept up the support despite a seeming lack of progress and various criticisms.

From what I have read there has always been media and interest in
the case at the local level.
It just seems that the national media has not shown that same interest
and that level of media would need to play the case on the air for it to
reach me on TV in a totally different state. Maybe that is why, to me,
it seemed at first that this case was going silent.

I am happy to see that local interest in solving the case is still going
strong. I hope they get good answers to their questions.

If anyone knows of something that might really help find out what
happened to Holly I urge them to tip LE sooner rather than later.

from what i have read there has always been media and interest in
reach me on tv in a totally different state. Maybe that is why, to me,

if anyone knows of something that might really help find out what
happened to holly i urge them to tip le sooner rather than later.

bbm: Yes!!!!

I thought a home invasion was when they had ppl hostage inside the home.
breaking in they just take things and leave.

I dont think this is either! JMO

From what I have read there has always been media and interest in
reach me on TV in a totally different state. Maybe that is why, to me,

If anyone knows of something that might really help find out what
happened to Holly I urge them to tip LE sooner rather than later.

That's great to hear that local interest hasn't died! The thing that confused me, though, was the canceled BTH segment when they were supposed to talk about Holly but announced that they had to cancel the segment for reasons they couldn't discuss. I feel like it's a little more than a loss of interest at the national level and that there was some reason for the silence. Either way, glad to know the family has spoken out and that coverage is picking up again.

Spierer disappearance has similarities to Tenn. case

Updated: Jun 28, 2011 10:59 PM EDT

http://www.wthr.com/story/14994158/spierer-disappearance-has-similarities-to-tenn-case

Thanks for this find!

Though they are similar in age and stature, both blonde and students - there are big differences.

First, are we even sure LS met with foul-play, IIRC as
cluciano63 pointed out, LS may have simply fallen into one of the open construction projects and been covered up the next morning...

I feel HB was more targeted - her abductor wanted her.
If LS, if taken by a stalker, seems spur-of-the-moment, opportunity.

LS was entangles with a number of "friends" around her that night.
HB was simply leaving her home to go to school.

If it's said that both happened in the morning hours, that's an apples-to-oranges comparison since HB was just leaving for school when it was light out and IWT had her wits about her.
LS was out late at night partying, drinking, drugs?, and then out alone in the dark.

Okay, can't resist making the wisecrack - where these two case are similar is that LE seems stymied...

ETA: 10 POI'S for LS, 0? for HB

Thanks for this find!

Though they are similar in age and stature, both blonde and students - there are big differences.

First, are we even sure LS met with foul-play, IIRC as
cluciano63 pointed out, LS may have simply fallen into one of the open construction projects and been covered up the next morning...

I feel HB was more targeted - her abductor wanted her.
If LS, if taken by a stalker, seems spur-of-the-moment, opportunity.

LS was entangles with a number of "friends" around her that night.
HB was simply leaving her home to go to school.

If it's said that both happened in the morning hours, that's an apples-to-oranges comparison since HB was just leaving for school when it was light out and IWT had her wits about her.
LS was out late at night partying, drinking, drugs?, and then out alone in the dark.

Okay, can't resist making the wisecrack - where these two case are similar is that LE seems stymied...

ETA: 10 POI'S for LS, 0? for HB
Agree 100% I posted a similar line of thought on the Lauren Spierer thread.
Also, nice "wisecrack", I was racking my brain trying to find more similarities.
More differences-
Rural TN vs. city around large college campus(Bloomington, IN)
TBI silent vs. BPD talkative
HB witnessed by brother being "led"? toward the tree line
Fake SAR team in HB case

I think the differences in these two cases are remarkable....nothing similar except they are similar in age and appearance.

I think the differences in these two cases are remarkable....nothing similar except they are similar in age and appearance.
I guess another similarity would be the large rewards offered in both cases, and that took me awhile to figure out....

Still wondering about the effective range of an ATV from where Holly
was abducted.

I also wonder about any thefts that might have occurred in the area.
I am sort of wondering about thefts that might have been the possible
result of people on ATVs, that sort of thing.

Another article by Isabelle to dispute the differences
Law enforcement officials say they don't believe there's any connection between two missing women's cases
snip

Late Tuesday Bloomington police told Eyewitness News that they are aware of the similarities but that they don’t think there’s any connection at this time.

Asked in an email Thursday if the lead agency in Holly's case, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) believes there's any connection between the two cases, TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said, “No. Our agents have been in touch with Indiana authorities and they have no reason to believe they are related.”

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-lauren-spierer-missing-officials-don-t-believe-cases-are-connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3