TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that is going from knocking her down to her walking casually into the woods. She would have shown tense signs such as little steps or balled fists. If you are dazed or scared you look anything but casual.
If HB was attacked in the garage and it drew blood, did the perp wait for her to gain her senses before walking toward the woods with her? I cannot buy that argument at all. If you are going to abduct somebody, you do just that, you don't wait around forever. Also, why would HB not scream when she could, people seem to want to believe she would scream out in the middle of the woods somewhere where the neighbor could here, but not when near her home and had the slightest chance of CB coming to help? Again that is hard to buy into. I really feel like she was familiar with her abductor, only way it makes sense to me.

This is JMO - Clint isn't speaking in a linear timeline of his thoughts as they occurred. That is why this is confusing. He saw the silhouettes through the window of the house either through the walls of the structure as it could have been made of a material that sunlight could penetrate through from one side, casting shadows on another side, or reflected onto an opposing surface. He sees the figures kneeling over something large. He just woke up, so he is groggy and his mind is making sense of what he is seeing by referencing familiar objects, people. He thinks the larger figure could be Holly's bf and they are kneeling over a large object (I think it is a pack the perp. has brought with him and possibly he is putting the objects Holly dropped into the pack.) Clint is still not clear on what is going on. When he sees them emerge from the carport, he sees the guy dressed in camo. his mind goes to thinking it's Holly's bf. Didn't he say he called the mom at this point? He now has questions because he learns that Holly's bf could be somewhere else. So, he goes to the carport. He sees the blood on the ground and puts the silhouette of the large object, and the camo. together to equal that it was probably a turkey that Holly's bf had been showing her that caused the blood stain. But he becomes uncomfortable when he learns from his mom or someone that it wasn't her bf because he was somewhere else at the time, and her car is still there, so he knows she didn't go with him.

I admit I have not seen the JVM segment, only read the transcript.

I don't think there were two people involved in the abduction, I think that came about from the mess of an interview last night..."they" being Holly and the male.

I still am not sure if Clint called his mom or his mom called him...he does not seem to actually say he called her but that when he talked to her...and she said last time that she called him, I am pretty sure.

I also am at a loss why a grown man calls his mother to ask who is outside the home when he is there and the mother is not...

I think the neighbor heard screaming coming the area of the home. I see no way the neighbor could have known it came from inside the home.

Perhaps you didn't mean inside the home or garage and I misunderstood you?
I believe he is trying to say if the neighbor heard a scream close to their property, why would this neighbor immediately think to call KB at work? Wouldn't it make more sense if the neighbor heard screams from the Bobo home and that is why the call to KB? It does not matter if the screams came from inside the house or right outside the house, something told this neighbor the scream was most likely HB and called KB to tell her.

I don't think there were two people involved in the abduction, I think that came about from the mess of an interview last night..."they" being Holly and the male.

I still am not sure if Clint called his mom or his mom called him...he does not seem to actually say he called her but that when he talked to her...and she said last time that she called him, I am pretty sure.

Agreed that it doesn't sound like there were two abductors.

Clint says, in the JVM thing, "I got in touch with my mom," though who can
really know what that means in Clintese. Is there a translator in the house??

Sounds like he called her, though.

This is JMO - Clint isn't speaking in a linear timeline of his thoughts as they occurred. That is why this is confusing. He saw the silhouettes through the window of the house either through the walls of the structure as it could have been made of a material that sunlight could penetrate through from one side, casting shadows on another side, or reflected onto an opposing surface. He sees the figures kneeling over something large. He just woke up, so he is groggy and his mind is making sense of what he is seeing by referencing familiar objects, people. He thinks the larger figure could be Holly's bf and they are kneeling over a large object (I think it is a pack the perp. has brought with him and possibly he is putting the objects Holly dropped into the pack.) Clint is still not clear on what is going on. When he sees them emerge from the carport, he sees the guy dressed in camo. his mind goes to thinking it's Holly's bf. Didn't he say he called the mom at this point? He now has questions because he learns that Holly's bf could be somewhere else. So, he goes to the carport. He sees the blood on the ground and puts the silhouette of the large object, and the camo. together to equal that it was probably a turkey that Holly's bf had been showing her that caused the blood stain. But he becomes uncomfortable when he learns from his mom or someone that it wasn't her bf because he was somewhere else at the time, and her car is still there, so he knows she didn't go with him.

I admit I have not seen the JVM segment, only read the transcript.

But why call mom to tell her Holly and BF were going into the woods? Before or After. If CB thought she was with Drew, why did he need to call mom? That's what makes absolutely no sense to me. Unless, there was a reason he needed or had to call KB. I speculated earlier that perhaps Holly was not home the night before and CB called KB to let her know she had got home when this whole thing came down only to find out that she was not with Drew. KB knew that. Why? How did she know Drew wasn't with her?

The thought probably never crossed Clint's mind that his sister was about to be abducted from outside their rural home. Never. So, when a couple of unusual things occur -- the dog barking and voices in the garage/carport -- it alarms him a bit. But still, it probably doesn't occur to him that his sister could be in trouble. He might even think -- at this point -- that his sister has left for school.

The fact that he is not alone -- as he might have expected -- bothers him. Does the thought cross his mind to go outside? Maybe. But he might've thought he'd be outnumbered 2-to-1, if he did. Besides, it could be nothing. So, he calls his mother to find out if, by chance, she had expected someone at the house. Again, the last thing he expects to see is the violent abduction of his sister from her home.

So, his mind tries to piece together the few details: two figures bending over, camo attire. It must be Drew. He must have shot a turkey. Then he sees the two of them -- one of them being his sister -- heading toward the woods. Holly shows no signs of being in distress. So, Clint probably assumes that he, in fact, was right: It was Drew who had stopped by. Again, he has no reason to think that his sister is about to be violently abducted.

I can better understand Clint's behavior, thanks to this interview. Clint tries to respond to an unsual situation. He perhaps is fearful enough not to confront the stranger(s). (He might not even be dressed.) But he doesn't want to overreact either. So, he calls his mom, to see if she knows something he doesn't know.

But why call mom to tell her Holly and BF were going into the woods? Before or After. If CB thought she was with Drew, why did he need to call mom? That's what makes absolutely no sense to me. Unless, there was a reason he needed or had to call KB. I speculated earlier that perhaps Holly was not home the night before and CB called KB to let her know she had got home when this whole thing came down only to find out that she was not with Drew. KB knew that. Why? How did she know Drew wasn't with her?
BBM

In the last interview before this KB said Holly was home that morning and she saw her and she was up at 4:30 or so studying for a test that day.

Other than that I have no answers. This gets more convoluted everytime someone says something.

And thinking back on everything after this latest round, wasn't there initial reports when this all broke of CB saying he heard arguing or something to that affect in the garage/carport? I can't find it, but I swear I remember that.

BBM

In the last interview before this KB said Holly was home that morning and she saw her and she was up at 4:30 or so studying for a test that day.

Other than that I have no answers. This gets more convoluted everytime someone says something.

Yes I know that's what KB said. The impression I get from watching them in interviews is they're being very careful with what they're saying and it comes across as hiding something. There is a piece of the puzzle just not adding up and I speculated that perhaps it was because Hailey was not home at 4:30 that morning. She may have arrived when CB saw the "silhouettes" in the garage and he called KB to let her know HB got home and she was with someone whom he thought was Drew. KB knew it wasn't Drew because she had spoken to him that morning. Why did she call Drew that morning? Was she looking for Holly? Are they trying to protect Holly's reputation by not saying where she was?

The thought probably never crossed Clint's mind that his sister was about to be abducted from outside their rural home. Never. So, when a couple of unusual things occur -- the dog barking and voices in the garage/carport -- it alarms him a bit. But still, it probably doesn't occur to him that his sister could be in trouble. He might even think -- at this point -- that his sister has left for school.

The fact that he is not alone -- as he might have expected -- bothers him. Does the thought cross his mind to go outside? Maybe. But he might've thought he'd be outnumbered 2-to-1, if he did. Besides, it could be nothing. So, he calls his mother to find out if, by chance, she had expected someone at the house. Again, the last thing he expects to see is the violent abduction of his sister from her home.

So, his mind tries to piece together the few details: two figures bending over, camo attire. It must be Drew. He must have shot a turkey. Then he sees the two of them -- one of them being his sister -- heading toward the woods. Holly shows no signs of being in distress. So, Clint probably assumes that he, in fact, was right: It was Drew who had stopped by. Again, he has no reason to think that his sister is about to be violently abducted.

I can better understand Clint's behavior, thanks to this interview. Clint tries to respond to an unsual situation. He perhaps is fearful enough not to confront the stranger(s). (He might not even be dressed.) But he doesn't want to overreact either. So, he calls his mom, to see if she knows something he doesn't know.

See my understanding of his behavior (or lack of understanding) is compounded by the series of events.

Just on an average morning if I heard voices outside I would go see who it was. If i thought my sister and her b/f were in the garage and wondered what they were doing, I'd have asked. If I thought they had a turkey or some game they had shot, I'd say hey you get a good bird? I would not have glanced in and then called my mom to ask what Holly was doing in the garage or who was talking outside. Thats just NOT how most people would react.

I wonder now too was the blood in the garage (or outside in the car port as previously inferred) and was the coke can in the carage or outside. In the lats interview I think it was implied Hollys car was parked outside in front of the house and the can and blood were next to the car. So if Holly were assaulted outside, did they go into the garage after that? Or were they in the garage then went outside and some scuffle happened and then they walked into the woods?

I assume Clint called his mom on a cell phone or at least a mobile hand set. If so, why not keep these mystery people or Holly in sight while he was on the phone. I can't imagine he went to the far side of the house and picked up an old fashioned dial phone to make his calls.

Yes I know that's what KB said. The impression I get from watching them in interviews is they're being very careful with what they're saying and it comes across as hiding something. There is a piece of the puzzle just not adding up and I speculated that perhaps it was because Hailey was not home at 4:30 that morning. She may have arrived when CB saw the "silhouettes" in the garage and he called KB to let her know HB got home and she was with someone whom he thought was Drew. KB knew it wasn't Drew because she had spoken to him that morning. Why did she call Drew that morning? Was she looking for Holly? Are they trying to protect Holly's reputation by not saying where she was?

If Holly wasn't home and her mom knew she wasn't home why would her mom make her lunch for school?

See my understanding of his behavior (or lack of understanding) is compounded by the series of events.

Just on an average morning if I heard voices outside I would go see who it was. If i thought my sister and her b/f were in the garage and wondered what they were doing, I'd have asked. If I thought they had a turkey or some game they had shot, I'd say hey you get a good bird? I would not have glanced in and then called my mom to ask what Holly was doing in the garage or who was talking outside. Thats just NOT how most people would react.

Clint didn't apparently recognize the figures in the garage/carport. He probably expected to wake up to an empty (and quiet) house. Instead, the dog is barking. And Clint hears voices outside that he does not recognize. I can understand him being cautious under the circumstances. Again, he doesn't recognize the figures or the voices. Not at first.

Why in the world would the perp waste time,risking getting caught by dragging, leading Holly into the woods and then take her to a car that was allegedly parked somewhere else? Leaving potential footprints and other evidence on the way to this alleged vehicle when he could've just grabbed her right then and there and put her in the car and drove off?

Makes no sense.

This is a Tweet from Michele Sigona.

MichelleSigona Michelle Sigona
Getting word there may be an update / possible arrest in the Holly Bobo case... more to come #crime #missing #hollybobo

And thinking back on everything after this latest round, wasn't there initial reports when this all broke of CB saying he heard arguing or something to that affect in the garage/carport? I can't find it, but I swear I remember that.
The "mild argument" detail appears to have originated on the quite iffy Blink on Crime blog. I can't find a mention in MSM.

I really really hope LE has something. Holly deserves better than this :(

I'm glad we have a first-hand account from Clint. It doesn't answer all of our questions. But it's good to have a first-hand report instead of second-, third-, or fourth-. LE and media might be well-intentioned. But their statements are bound to be less precise and accurate than a first-hand account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme