TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen Bobo left her cell at work on the day Holly vanished. Darn shame. I would have been holding onto it for dear life, hoping Holly called. It would be like a lifeline.

AFAIK, it doesn't take long to get to Parsons, It appears to be about 20 minutes. Did Karen work in Parsons?

So, folks.... here's a thought... let's take a look at Holly's case from the completely opposite direction. The direction that does not seek to find fault or error in every facet of the Bobo's family, friends, community, and LE's lives.

Let's say this is a very close family who loves and cares for one another greatly.
Let's say Holly and Drew love one another, and have plans to marry.
Let's say that people worldwide hunt- and if you don't, that's fine. But many do.
Let's say that camo is popular in your region, for whatever reason.
Let's say that people worldwide practice religions of all sorts, and often their religious beliefs lead them to seek comfort in times of despair within their religious community.
Let's say Drew is like a son to the Bobo's.
Let's say KB and Drew speak or email or text daily now, because they are in tremendous pain and it is quite normal for people suffering loss to seek out contact with others they know to be suffering the same pain.
Let's say remaining in regular contact with people who are suffering from a loss is a kindness and an empathy; a daily update and well-being check...not a 'wierdness.'
Let's say that just because the Bobo's are not giving the general public details about the status of their kidnapped daughters' case, it does not mean they are guilty of anything.
Let's say that we DO have verified information from the FBI to work with- and a "he said/she said/they said approach" does absolutely nothing to help find Holly.
Let's say there are clearly multiple LE agencies working to find Holly.
Let's say that instead of picking apart the Bobo's and LE, we pick apart the media.

Jeez, peeps- I apologize for the rant- but I'm sure ya'll can tell I am frustrated.

WS'ers, we can do better than this.

Let's say that all that soooo needed to be said. Thanks Oriah.

I am totally perplexed by this perception.

What on earth do people think it means when the FBI has a case file on a missing person- and that info is up on their website- under 'Kidnapped'??
I mean, I'm pretty sure most folks take info seriously when it's a "Most Wanted" for a crime.... so maybe they should with missing persons as well?
And how the heck does everyone think Holly's info got there??

Jeez- ok- sorry for yet another rant. I probably need to take a personal TO before I get one. :(

FWIW..there are others on the FBI site. Examples: Hailey Dunn, Lindsey Baum and Robyn Gardner(Aruba).

If you go to onto Charley Project, you'l see that there are thousands of missing people in the US. But on the FBI's website, they only list about 59 cases? What's up with that? Why isn't someone like Jacob Wetterling there who's abduction was witnessed?

I am totally perplexed by this perception.

What on earth do people think it means when the FBI has a case file on a missing person- and that info is up on their website- under 'Kidnapped'??
I mean, I'm pretty sure most folks take info seriously when it's a "Most Wanted" for a crime.... so maybe they should with missing persons as well?
And how the heck does everyone think Holly's info got there??

Jeez- ok- sorry for yet another rant. I probably need to take a personal TO before I get one. :(
I completely understand where you are coming from (FBI has interest in this case) and in general I would like to take things at face value, so I do not have to think to hard. Earlier on in the case on the FBI website, a picture of HB was next to a picture of Bin Laden on the most wanted list. So yes, I believe the FBI was very serious about putting her information on their website. The FBI, along with other federal agencies, were involved in this case very early on (which adds to my confusion of asking the president for help, the only other thing he could do is bring in the military and that is not going to happen. Also, the TBI had announced at one point that they had brought in local military investigators to look over the case to see if anything was missed.) It also seems the family has a disconnect with the lead agency in the case, the TBI (TBI has jurisdiction, so all LE by extension), and is putting up their own posters with their own information on it. KB has stated that LE will not share any information with them. If all of these agencies are/have been involved in the case and the victim's family is trying to work around them (not unheard of), then one can draw their own conclusions. LE has been quiet for a very long time and have only said that people have information they are not sharing and that they are one clue away. Then add in the fact there is almost no confirmed information in which to work toward that clue with(also CB accounts of what he thought he saw/knew that morning do not clarify very much, if anything), I would venture to say those statements were directed, not made as a generalization to the public. So my point, and I think others as well, is that LE nor the family is giving any indication how exactly this case can be helped(misinformation and rumors have been rampant and rarely, if ever, dismissed or clarified), except to ask for prayers. I do not think it is fair to say there is not a sense of desperation from the involved parties, but I think it is entirely fair to make the case that outside help is not wanted or welcomed since there is not an obvious direction given to go with. I doubt anyone will find the abductor with only knowing that six months ago he was wearing camo clothing and possibly cleaned his vehicle.

FWIW..there are others on the FBI site. Examples: Hailey Dunn, Lindsey Baum and Robyn Gardner(Aruba).

Yes. And there are many reasons for that.

One can check US code sec 14072- and then check title 18, 42, 1201 and NCIC.

And in reference to Jacob Wetterling's case- please note the The Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children & Sexual Violent Offender Registration Program, which came under the initiative of the Lychner Act.

< the FBI may release relevant information to federal, state, and local criminal justice agencies for law enforcement purposes only. Public notification will only be made if it is necessary to protect the public. >

Often, a lot is going on among LE agencies that the public (and that includes the media) is not aware of.

I completely understand where you are coming from (FBI has interest in this case) and in general I would like to take things at face value, so I do not have to think to hard. Earlier on in the case on the FBI website, a picture of HB was next to a picture of Bin Laden on the most wanted list. So yes, I believe the FBI was very serious about putting her information on their website. The FBI, along with other federal agencies, were involved in this case very early on (which adds to my confusion of asking the president for help, the only other thing he could do is bring in the military and that is not going to happen. Also, the TBI had announced at one point that they had brought in local military investigators to look over the case to see if anything was missed.) It also seems the family has a disconnect with the lead agency in the case, the TBI (TBI has jurisdiction, so all LE by extension), and is putting up their own posters with their own information on it. KB has stated that LE will not share any information with them. If all of these agencies are/have been involved in the case and the victim's family is trying to work around them (not unheard of), then one can draw their own conclusions. LE has been quiet for a very long time and have only said that people have information they are not sharing and that they are one clue away. Then add in the fact there is almost no confirmed information in which to work toward that clue with(also CB accounts of what he thought he saw/knew that morning do not clarify very much, if anything), I would venture to say those statements were directed, not made as a generalization to the public. So my point, and I think others as well, is that LE nor the family is giving any indication how exactly this case can be helped(misinformation and rumors have been rampant and rarely, if ever, dismissed or clarified), except to ask for prayers. I do not think it is fair to say there is not a sense of desperation from the involved parties, but I think it is entirely fair to make the case that outside help is not wanted or welcomed since there is not an obvious direction given to go with. I doubt anyone will find the abductor with only knowing that six months ago he was wearing camo clothing and possibly cleaned his vehicle.

BBM: I agree with you on the bolded here, Frog.

However, I do understand the appeal for what is essentially military support in terms of search assistance. Many military installations have services, equipment, and training available for SAR purposes that are not available elsewhere. And they have assisted in cases similar to Holly's in the past.

Upthread there was discussion about Karen Bobo's frantic reaction after talking to Clint the second time. Why the panic? One scenario that comes to mind could be this:

What if Holly had been harassed or threatened by an ex-boyfriend, a fellow student at school, a stalker? What if the family had full knowledge of these threats and discussed the situation with each other, trying to figure out a way to diffuse the situation and end these harassments? Maybe the situation had escalated more recently, danger was present, and Karen, especially, was aware of this?

Upthread there was discussion about Karen Bobo's frantic reaction after talking to Clint the second time. Why the panic? One scenario that comes to mind could be this:

What if Holly had been harassed or threatened by an ex-boyfriend, a fellow student at school, a stalker? What if the family had full knowledge of these threats and discussed the situation with each other, trying to figure out a way to diffuse the situation and end these harassments? Maybe the situation had escalated more recently, danger was present, and Karen, especially, was aware of this?

When you say family, I feel Clint was not aware... .
What has me stymied is if this is so, then why hasn't any of this come come out, why no POI's named... no one all lawyered up.. etc..

Yeah.....Karen's frantic scream makes sense if the initial report of Holly being "dragged" into the woods is true. As we know that has gone from dragged, to her arm being held, to led, to walking casually into the woods. Im sure the next thing we will hear is she went skipping into the woods picking flowers along the way.

Yeah.....Karen's frantic scream makes sense if the initial report of Holly being "dragged" into the woods is true. As we know that has gone from dragged, to her arm being held, to led, to walking casually into the woods. Im sure the next thing we will hear is she went skipping into the woods picking flowers along the way.

Please provide a link for this?
I would hate for it to be confused with the 'scream' heard from the neighbor. TIA.

So, folks.... here's a thought... let's take a look at Holly's case from the completely opposite direction. The direction that does not seek to find fault or error in every facet of the Bobo's family, friends, community, and LE's lives.

Let's say this is a very close family who loves and cares for one another greatly.
Let's say Holly and Drew love one another, and have plans to marry.
Let's say that people worldwide hunt- and if you don't, that's fine. But many do.
Let's say that camo is popular in your region, for whatever reason.
Let's say that people worldwide practice religions of all sorts, and often their religious beliefs lead them to seek comfort in times of despair within their religious community.
Let's say Drew is like a son to the Bobo's.
Let's say KB and Drew speak or email or text daily now, because they are in tremendous pain and it is quite normal for people suffering loss to seek out contact with others they know to be suffering the same pain.
Let's say remaining in regular contact with people who are suffering from a loss is a kindness and an empathy; a daily update and well-being check...not a 'wierdness.'
Let's say that just because the Bobo's are not giving the general public details about the status of their kidnapped daughters' case, it does not mean they are guilty of anything.
Let's say that we DO have verified information from the FBI to work with- and a "he said/she said/they said approach" does absolutely nothing to help find Holly.
Let's say there are clearly multiple LE agencies working to find Holly.
Let's say that instead of picking apart the Bobo's and LE, we pick apart the media.

Jeez, peeps- I apologize for the rant- but I'm sure ya'll can tell I am frustrated.

WS'ers, we can do better than this.

Don't apologize for something that needed to be said. ITA!!

snip-snip, snip-snip-snip

Two of the three elements above are not responsible for solving this case. One is, and it's not the media.

It's not being confused with the "scream" from the neighbor.. It's something that was known and discussed as early as a couple weeks into the investigation..
Woman working at local school with Karen said she heard Karen scream and cry uncontrollably upon hearing news that her daughter may have been abducted

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...ws-something-1

As well as Ms. Facetious also posted where she had read it as blood curdling scream from another source she linked(can be found in this thread)..

Some may recall the much discussion that came from this topic back one month into the investigation.. I posted some of my personal posts from that time(May 15) just one page back in this thread.. This isn't new information but rather something known from early on that In reviewing the case from start to finish I chose to bring forward this topic of discussion and I obviously agree with Old Steve in that I feel there is something important within this issue.. Sadly, Old Steve as much as you and I long to have the answer to this important question it's likely we'll not get it.. As we've all seen, tho not from lack of trying, we do seem to be met with brick walls that cannot be broken down, nor can they be climbed which is necessary to be able to move forward.. So, for now once again at a standstill..

I do want to however voice my confusion as to why these particular issues that are valid and relevant and in no way breaking any of the TOS.. Why it is that by some it is seen as wrong or stooping low beneath what we WSers are capable of.. This is baffling to me because I disagree in that there are some very real questionable and thus far unexplainable issues with the case.. I think all can agree with that.. And that in discussing and questioning some of those issues that involve the family it is no way whatsoever accusing any of them of involvement in harming Holly.. I believe I, and others have expressed that throughout.. There are very real indicators that this was NO STRANGER STALKER ABDUCTION, but rather the complete opposite in that the perp was known very well in some capacity to Holly and her family.. This discussion has brought forth some very relevant theories and discussions of the different possibilities.. One of the latest being that the family was aware of prior issues with a male leading up to the abduction.. I find this to be not only just plausible, but absolutely possible..

Why then are these discussions being very much looked down upon and open disdain posted about such discussions??? No one is in any way whatsoever accusing the family of hurting Holly, no one is demeaning Holly or her family, nor disrespecting them by asking the very valid and relevant questions that we are in discussing this vein as a possibility..*
It seems as tho if any of us dare to broach these areas, and again these areas that some of feel are very plausible as well as possible, but if we dare to step out of the discussion of keeping to the benefits and just asking very general and vague questions of "I just wonder how this happened" or "where's Holly?".. If the discussion progresses into something much more in-depth and in breaking down specifics of the little that we know.. That of course includes the Bobo family.. This is off-putting to say the least to some and posted as if we are behaving in a way unbecoming to the WS site.. I just find that confusing?? In a case where there is already so much confusion why are those who are choosing to go back and review from the beginning, hitting on specific topics or issues that some of us may feel are important or key to the case.. Why is this so offensive?? I truly cannot grasp what it is that we are discussing that is in way "low brow".. We're not.. It's just not the case.. Some may feel as tho they don't believe it to have any relevance and that's ok.. There's plenty I've seen discussed here that I felt had zero relevance and I had nothing or very little to add to those areas.. And that was ok, too.. I just do not understand the open disdain and criticism of us who are choosing to discuss what we feel are important pieces to this difficult puzzle Of the investigation of this beautiful GIRL's abduction.. No one is disrespecting or discussing "low brow" topics and following TOS.. That said it doesn't make sense for some to be disgusted with open disdain for these discussions taking place..

The only other point I want to quickly address is touching on something others discussed yesterday.. With the examiner and one reporter in particular I believe at great lengths much earlier in this case is was agreed upon that her reporting was very accurate and detailed in the Bobo case specifically.. We have been using and relying on her reporting for much of this case in case some have forgotten or were not aware.. Refreshing one's memory looking back this is easily verified as true.. So while I believe some like Chelsea from gather may be an interesting read.. However I wouldn't rely on it for any facts.. But as far as the particular reporter for the examiner I know that early on she was decided as a very good and accurate resource for Holly's case.. Again easily verified by looking back thru the case..

Just a few questions or concerns I had and not meant to be argumentative in any way whatsoever.. I feel we all have a place here for Holly and all have valuable opinions and views that are all worth discussing (of course all within TOS) jmo, tho!

Hmmmmm... well if someone told me that my 20 yr old granddaughter (I don't have a daughter) had been kidnapped, I think I might scream, too. People in shock have all kinds of reactions, it really has no bearing on anything. Some people always fear the worst and can think of many different scenarios, while others try hard not to panic and think in the positive.
A year or two ago, my husband passed out at work and I got a call that he was being taken to the ER. I had a 20 mile drive to the hospital and it's a wonder I didn't wreck the car, I thought of all kinds of things... that I would find him dead of a heart attack being the worst. He was fine, they never found out what caused it other than stress and a sudden drop in blood pressure. But I literally panicked and this is not unusual for me, I always imagine the worst. If I am there and can SEE what is going on, I manage to stay calm, but if I'm not there... it's Katie-bar-the-door... I freak!! Maybe Karen is just that type of person. I don't put much emphasis on whether she screamed and cried, that's not unusual for a mother, IMO.

Hmmmmm... well if someone told me that my 20 yr old granddaughter (I don't have a daughter) had been kidnapped, I think I might scream, too. People in shock have all kinds of reactions, it really has no bearing on anything. Some people always fear the worst and can think of many different scenarios, while others try hard not to panic and think in the positive.
A year or two ago, my husband passed out at work and I got a call that he was being taken to the ER. I had a 20 mile drive to the hospital and it's a wonder I didn't wreck the car, I thought of all kinds of things... that I would find him dead of a heart attack being the worst. He was fine, they never found out what caused it other than stress and a sudden drop in blood pressure. But I literally panicked and this is not unusual for me, I always imagine the worst. If I am there and can SEE what is going on, I manage to stay calm, but if I'm not there... it's Katie-bar-the-door... I freak!! Maybe Karen is just that type of person. I don't put much emphasis on whether she screamed and cried, that's not unusual for a mother, IMO.

How would Karen know Holly was being kidnapped? Clint told her Holly was walking with someone who he believed was Drew. She told Clint it couldn't have been Drew because she had spoken to him that morning. So the question is why did she immediately think something horrible was happening that she needed to be there and something that Clint couldn't have handled himself? Like go check on his sister? He was right there.

There is a lot of information in this case being kept very close to the vest via LE.

So, LE does not want our help. Well, if they didn’t NEED the public’s help, wouldn’t Holly be found?

When was the last time there has been a presser in this case?

I smell a duck.

Holly deserves better than this muck.

Moo

If the FBI has Haleigh Cummings poster up...one would believe that they are actively searching for her. This is not the case. It is pretty well observed and admitted by local florida LE that this is a homicide and they have a very good idea who is responsible. They don't have enough evidence for reasonable cause.

Can the same be said for Holly?

As far as Karen is concerned, being a mother, I think sometimes there is just that intuition....that connection to your child that is beyond rational explanation. Maybe she just "felt" that Holly was in danger. Or maybe it was in her connection to Clint...maybe in his shock he wasn't even processing everything as he was relating it to her, but maybe it was something she heard in his voice. Are we still unclear about the exact timeling that unfolded regarding who called who when that morning? I've heard several different scenarios. That too might explain things. I feel like a broken record, but the Bobos are victims and not suspects here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time