TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good many photos of everyone have been mis-captioned. I would not really think much about it at this point.

So frustrating. I fail to understand TBI in this case. Volunteer searchers were willing and ready to continue searching but TBI announced no more searches.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...bo-abduction-police-presence-henderson-county

Really? Here we are 9 months later and it doesn't sound like it's any more focused than it was the day Holly vanished.

IMO, (and some of this is admittedly based on things I read online, not on WS) LE believes that she is deceased and is buried on private land nearby which they do not have access. I believe that they have questioned locals who have refused to allow LE to search their land. At this point, if her kidnapper was a local, and the person hid her on his land, LE has little need for searchers (though maybe they'd be able to spot something overhead if they used a helicopter to search. My understanding is that it's expensive though.)

IMO, (and some of this is admittedly based on things I read online, not on WS) LE believes that she is deceased and is buried on private land nearby which they do not have access. I believe that they have questioned locals who have refused to allow LE to search their land. At this point, if her kidnapper was a local, and the person hid her on his land, LE has little need for searchers (though maybe they'd be able to spot something overhead if they used a helicopter to search. My understanding is that it's expensive though.)

I had read those rumors too. Seems like the cousin who is a singer could help with that expense.

I doubt this case will ever come to court. JMO. I think it will be one of those mysteries that are never solved.

Has anyone kept track of the money the Bobos have raised since last April? It seems they have collected quite a lot.

Recall the words of Karen after the t-shirt drive? I think that cleared about $25,000. (on just t-shirts). Karen said she was saving it for Holly to take a vacation when she is found. I thought that odd. I think she has odd words and thoughts;as does Clint. Dana appears clear in thought.

So I guess that warrant bust of Tony Calabrese really moved the case forward.

I am interested in an area S of Parsons- Savannah TN- the Dry Creek area. It's about an hour S of Darden- you go through Parsons, then down 69 through Decauterville.
Are there any locals on WS's who may have knowledge of this area, and fishing camps/ATV routes/campgrounds, etc? TIA.

http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-dry-creek-savannah-tn/

Oriah, can you pinpoint where Drew S was hunting that fateful morning. Was it in the direction of your interest? I see by the photos of that area, that it is a dreamland for body hiding.

What road did LE take to get to Holly's? North or South?

Was Drew out there that morning searching for Holly? It appears there were many people on the property. Any reason why a crime scene was not established immediately? LE could have blocked all traffic with patrol cars.

I heard those rumours also but IMO if there is a will there is a way. After 9 months, they would find a way to get on that property, if true.

Maybe the paragliders were used for that purpose. IDK

Time for LE to get a search warrant.

I'm still stuck on FULL turkey camo. How many strangers abducting Holly are going to wear Turkey Camo early in the morning other than a turkey hunter. The only thing that makes sense is Clint thinking he saw Drew. Perhaps he did. Why are we just not willig to go there? Not once has he been seen or heard from since that day. He was her boyfriend for a year. They saw each other every day and he is now in hiding. He was turkey hunting that morning. What happened? Was there an accident?

Drew should be out searching and taking names...instead of being in seclusion.

I heard those rumours also but IMO if there is a will there is a way. *After 9 months, they would find a way to get on that property, if true.

Maybe the paragliders were used for that purpose. *IDK

Or, at the very least a Grand Jury. In a high profile case like this, i would think there would at least be rumored or leaked some word of a Grand Jury. I just would like to find Holly. Delaying moving
this crime forward only benefits the perpetrator.

Here is the link on how Grand Juries operate in TN

http://www.tncourts.gov/rules/rules-criminal-procedure/6

:waiting: MOO

I heard those rumours also but IMO if there is a will there is a way. After 9 months, they would find a way to get on that property, if true.

Maybe the paragliders were used for that purpose. IDK

I was thinking of the paragliders, too, but for some reason I kept thinking of them as "hang-gliders," which sounds ridiculous. I'm not well-versed in things that happen in the sky! :)

The thing about probable cause is, if they enter property without pc or permission, any evidence gathered would be inadmissible in court. I'd be interested to find out where in particular paragliders were requested to view from above. If the locations are privately owned, IMO that might indicate the owners (or relatives of the owners) are POIs.

Edited: Also, if you think about cold cases in general, sp many of them are cold because LE didn't have probable cause to arrest or to obtain a search warrant, even when they had a viable suspect. If Holly was taken to someone's private property, I really don't see how LE would get a search warrant unless evidence is found on public property nearby, or someone sees something from above (in plain view).

With regards to the above discussion of LE unable to search, nor qualify for getting a search warrant to enter and search areas that are private property.. Upon pondering on this issue I do find as plausible that we could in fact be dealing with a situation such as this.. For example take a wealthy, heavily connected family and it be a member of that family that is who is responsible for Holly's abduction/murder.. IMO its not out of the realm of possibility that this perp and possibly members of his family were to have helped after the fact in concealing and covering up that murder.. I believe it possible that they may find that an avenue to take in burying the victim on their private property(and not necessarily their home or residence property but another property owned by family).. And know for certain that with their being no evidence tying any of them to her disappearance that they would be safe from even worrying about LE procuring a search warrant to search that family owned property where they have the body buried..

I believe especially with it being a wealthy and/or heavily connected family that would only make them more confident in their belief that NO WAY IN HELL LE WOULD BE ABLE TO EVER SEARCH THEIR PROPERTY.. This keeping their family member responsible for her murder protected as well as protecting the family's good name and standing in the community..

Definitely an avenue that I atleast find to be plausible in this case..

Jmo, tho!!

Link please?

Oriah, can you pinpoint where Drew S was hunting that fateful morning. Was it in the direction of your interest? I see by the photos of that area, that it is a dreamland for body hiding.

What road did LE take to get to Holly's? North or South?

Was Drew out there that morning searching for Holly? It appears there were many people on the property. Any reason why a crime scene was not established immediately? LE could have blocked all traffic with patrol cars.

No, that's not based on the direction of where Drew was hunting that morning. It's based on the the most likely direction of vehicle travel (IMVHO) from the residence in order to evade anyone who may have noticed something unusual- such as LE- and locally known as a very popular hunting, fishing, and ATV trail area. All sports which are very popular in the community. I also did a little searching of some social networking sites, and matched up some profiles with the folks in the MSM photos of the volunteer searchers.

I feel strongly that if Holly's abductor is 'local' (and by that, I should say I believe he may be very much under the radar- not the prominent type person that many people seem to think) I think he is likely an outdoorsman. And he likely knew of and had access to a location such as a hunting or fishing shack, blind, cabin, trailer, etc.

And the hour or so drive fits, to me. The only thing that I get stuck on is going through Parsons. Might Holly's abductor (and possibly Holly) actually have passed incoming LE and volunteer searchers- traveling in the opposite direction? Who may have showed up at a later search that wasn't an immmediate responder? Just thoughts.

Oriah, I think your strategy of mapping to find Holly is worthwhile regarding direction, opportunity and seclusion, but only if you believe the witness account as fact.

If the witness account is not believed, where would you suggest searching?

Do you know if the topography in Parsons, TN is cavernous?

TIA

...Might Holly's abductor (and possibly Holly) actually have passed incoming LE and volunteer searchers- traveling in the opposite direction? ...Just thoughts.

Snipped by me.

This is a good point Oriah, something I glanced over but never gave much thought.

Swan Johnson Rd, Myracle Town Rd, 5 Forks Rd along with most roads in the area are rather narrow.

Where I live, police cruisers have dashboard cameras (many have exterior cameras, front and back) that automatically record as soon as an officer turns on their lights and siren (code 3, meaning lights and sirens needed, fast emergency response).

I would imagine that, when the police did find out that a man lead Holly Bobo into the woods along with Clint's call that blood was found, all police cruisers in the area would be dispatched code 3 to the Bobo residence, possibly video taping a suspect's car leave the area as they enter it.

Even if it didn't film the suspect's car, it might be helpful to follow up and interview the people who drove those cars to find out if they saw anything out of the ordinary on or near those roads.

Does anyone know if the local police vehicles have this capability?

Thoughts from people that have read far more case files than I have?

Snipped by me.

This is a good point Oriah, something I glanced over but never gave much thought.

Swan Johnson Rd, Myracle Town Rd, 5 Forks Rd along with most roads in the area are rather narrow.

Where I live, police cruisers have dashboard cameras (many have exterior cameras, front and back) that automatically record as soon as an officer turns on their lights and siren (code 3, meaning lights and sirens needed, fast emergency response).

I would imagine that, when the police did find out that a man lead Holly Bobo into the woods along with Clint's call that blood was found, all police cruisers in the area would be dispatched code 3 to the Bobo residence, possibly video taping a suspect's car leave the area as they enter it.

Even if it didn't film the suspect's car, it might be helpful to follow up and interview the people who drove those cars to find out if they saw anything out of the ordinary on or near those roads.

Does anyone know if the local police vehicles have this capability?

Thoughts from people that have read far more case files than I have?

Not having heard the 911 call (s) it is difficult to know what frame of mind LE was in when they were heading out to the house...they may have been told Holly had been last seen walking into the woods with an unidentified man...in which case, they may not have been looking for vehicles at all, especially without a description. I somehow doubt they all had dashcams going, etc...JMO

I'd be interested to find out where in particular paragliders were requested to view from above. If the locations are privately owned, IMO that might indicate the owners (or relatives of the owners) are POIs.

I seem to remember that the last time Paragliders searched for HB, KB asked them to search a certain area. I am thinking that she has an idea of who and where. JMO.

I'd be interested to find out where in particular paragliders were requested to view from above. If the locations are privately owned, IMO that might indicate the owners (or relatives of the owners) are POIs.

I seem to remember that the last time Paragliders searched for HB, KB asked them to search a certain area. I am thinking that she has an idea of who and where. JMO.

In a paraglider even with the help of a good wind you are not in the air very long. It seems a small
plane or helicopter using a high resolution camera would be the best solution. A grid could be
mapped out using GPS. This might make the perp nervous & perhaps a trap could be set. I think it
could also be a great strategy to make it obvious LE is targeting an area with the aerial surveillance. The perp might feel that LE got a tip and are ready to spring a search warrant...it might just make the perp make a move that could break the case. :websleuther:

I still think a Grand Jury would be a way to get people to answer questions under oath or face
contempt.( :star: for Fishee! For the correct term i was looking for) :smile:

My last thought is one that has always seemed a possibility. Both sides of my family are from the
NE corner of Mississippi. I remember even as a child hiking out in the under brush to an old family homestead or farm. I also remember the wells because they were so fascinating to me. They would uncover them and i could look to see the water deep inside. I would assume TN would be very much the same. If it wasn't for my grandparents taking us back on the property and showing us where the outbuilding,root cellars and the abandoned wells were located I would
never know where to look. I do not believe you would find it on a map. It is something that my grandparents would show us and tell us stories about raising a family and growing cotton and a vegetable garden. Usually there were aunts and uncles houses somewhere in the vacinity. Just a place where for generations people stayed and farmed the land. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9