TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is that parts of the story just came out at different times and people are bound to leave parts out with each telling of a story. To me, if you take all of the statements together, it makes sense to me that he saw the figures when he first got up and was looking around and outside expecting to see an electric truck or something but did see Holly's car. The rest of it continues to flow as it's been told that CB and KB talked on the phone after that about whether or not Holly had school that day and KB told CB Holly should have left for school by then. CB looked outside again at that point and saw camo man and Holly walking to the woods and still assumed it was DS and Holly. I also put little stock into JVM interviews because they are so choppy and full answers aren't allowed to be given. I do wish the 10/8/11 Jackson Son article, which I believe is the most comprehensive telling, would have confirmed when in time he saw the figures in the garage.

I posted that in reply to Shefner. I won't comment on the conflicting information.

Hoping to get more posters such as yourself looking at everything that's out there to try to piece together what happened that morning and where Holly is.

I posted that in reply to Shefner. I won't comment on the conflicting information.

Hoping to get more posters such as yourself looking at everything that's out there to try to piece together what happened that morning and where Holly is.

I see that now. Thanks. And I believe that the JVM interview is the only occasion that it was discussed that CB saw 2 figures in the garage. None of the other articles/interviews/statements discussed it as far as I can tell.

Foxfire...How do we know pick up was at 3 a.m.? And does that mean Terry Britt would have been driving around delivering the newspapers to the various locations at 3 a.m.? TIA

Pick up time was anytime after 3AM. Not sure how long his route took,or what time TB actually picked up, reedus23.

I called the News Leader, months ago and asked them how often the paper came out(weekly) and how it was delivered to subscribers(US Mail-or can be purchased at conveniently located paper boxes in Parsons, TN)

fwiw...the grandmother's property is where her boyfriend Drew was supposed to hunt that morning but there was a misunderstanding with the person who was at the home. The person did not recognize Drew and his father and a flurry of phone calls entailed shortly thereafter among Drew, Holly and Karen. This was right before she was abducted. That same morning.

My opinion only:
Right n/t, it must be Karen's mother's property (I assume a relation on Karen's side of the family)that confronted DS? Therefore,it is was a silly turkey hunting squabble which caused DS to hijack Holly's focus and distract Holly with a flurry of what amounts to piffling calls? That is a red flag to me. JMO

Have her daily habits ever been discussed or talked about by anyone who knew her? Did she always leave the house around the same time, what days? Did she always park at the same place for school? What and where did she go for lunch? Did she go somewhere after school usually? Did she go to the gym? When did she normally come home?

Where is the connection? Where did this person first see her? Interact with her? Or just watch her?

OK,here's the quote where Holly's Grandmother Bobo said she misses Holly coming to have lunch.
Link
"When she's gone to take a class, she'd come up at lunch time and stay long as she could with me," said Ruby Bobo.
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Ho...iversaryofHerDisappearance-147410715.html?m=y

Pick up time was at 3AM. Not sure how long his route took, reedus23.

I called the News Leader, months ago and asked them how often the paper came out(weekly) and how it was delivered to subscribers(US Mail-or can be purchased at conveniently located paper boxes in Parsons, TN)

Thanks so much Foxfire. If I can burden you with another question. Do we know if Britt would have been working for the News Leader on that day in question? If so, him being out and about within hours of Holly going missing, and the fact that his route home presumably would take him near or by the Bobo's is disturbing to me. Thanks again.

Thanks so much Foxfire. If I can burden you with another question. Do we know if Britt would have been working for the News Leader on that day in question? If so, him being out and about within hours of Holly going missing, and the fact that his route home presumably would take him near or by the Bobo's is disturbing to me. Thanks again.

Yes, Terry Britt, delivered the papers every wednesday in April 2011, for the News Leader. His spouse actually had the contract, but TB made the deliveries...

My opinion only:
Right n/t, it must be Karen's mother's property (I assume a relation on Karen's side of the family)that confronted DS? Therefore,it is was a silly turkey hunting squabble which caused Holly's mother and Drew to hijack Holly's focus and distract Holly with a flurry of what amounts to piffling calls? That is a red flag to me. JMO

SBM...Forgive me, it's a Friday and I'm a bit slow. I'm having a hard time following exactly what red flag is thrown up by the phone calls clarifying if DS and his dad could hunt Grandma's property?

Yes, Terry Britt, delivered the papers every wednesday in April 2011, for the News Leader. His spouse actually had the contract, but TB made the deliveries...

Thanks so much Foxfire...I'm afraid to even ask how we know that. I'm going to go ahead and push my luck, is there anything to lead one to believe Britt was aware of who Holly was?

Thanks so much Foxfire...I'm afraid to even ask how we know that. I'm going to go ahead and push my luck, is there anything to lead one to believe Britt was aware of who Holly was?

Parsons Dairy Bar
3 reviews
Category: Restaurants [Edit]
190 W Main St
Parsons, TN 38363

News Leader
News Leader Company IncNews Leader, The
24 W Main Street
Parsons, TN 38363-2012 map

24 W Main St, Parsons, TN 38363 to 190 W Main St, Parsons, TN 38363 - Google Maps
Driving directions to 190 W Main St, Parsons, TN 38363 3D

24 W Main St
Parsons, TN 38363
1. Head west on W Main St toward Long Ave
Destination will be on the right
0.3 mi

190 W Main St
Parsons, TN 38363

Sonic 88 East Main Street
Parsons, TN 38363
From News Leader to Sonic is 0.7 miles

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=2...in+Street++Parsons,+TN+38363+&t=v&mra=ls&z=17

SBM...Forgive me, it's a Friday and I'm a bit slow. I'm having a hard time following exactly what red flag is thrown up by the phone calls clarifying if DS and his dad could hunt Grandma's property?

Thanks for asking, I was trying to figure that out too, but just figured it was cuz my brain is fried. Which may still be the reason!

Hello reedus,I wrote this post back in July it is buried in thread #33. After my post ....there is a long series of posts with their interpretation of "the flurry of calls". *

If you go to the link at the bottom of the post you you can pick up the lengthy discussion. As I said,this was my take. You may come away with an entirely different point of view. Hope this will answer your question. Remember it's just my opinion,nothing more.

MizStery post back in July on "flurry of calls".....
I spend most of my time rereading prior threads....a lot of great posts.....but none that leads us to Holly.

First,I attempt to list in order of importance the events of that terrible morning. The overriding event was Holly's test. The narrative validates this by ordering the morning routine ...with Holly rising early to study. Then,things begin to alter until the flurry of phone calls...when Holly is no longer focused on her test. Rather she is distracted by a flurry of calls by people who could have solved the misunderstanding among themselves. Now,why???I just cannot reconcile how the test goes from from Holly's first priority ...until its no longer even in the narritive? What are we missing??? It has to be the furry of calls...doesn't it. What other explaination could it be? MOO

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171394&page=47

Imo, one of the reasons TB was originally arrested by DCSO was due to him working for the News Leader without proper authorization and violated the sex offender statute(employment)..

(snipped & bbm)
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/TBI-Sex-Offender-Stalking-West-TN-Women-138444709.html

TBI: Sex Offender Stalking West TN Women

"He's been alleged that he would go out and pick up girls and ladies and then take them somewhere," said John Mehr, Special Agent in Charge, TBI.

Agent Mehr said Britt is accused of picking up the women in vans, similar to the ones found outside his house in Parsons, and officers said he did not always work alone.

"We don't feel that this is an isolated incident, that he would drive around with another individual and possibly seek out their victims," Mehr said.

Investigators said Britt has a violent criminal record in at least four Tennessee counties, and even in North Carolina.

In Decatur County, he most recently was charged with violating the sex offender statute, and driving on a revoked license.

anyone know if her bedroom is on the front or back side of the house? she gets kidnapped the one morning she's up at 4:30am studying for a test. wondering if there was a window view into the house where a hunter or newspaper delivery guy could have happened by and seen her?

anyone know if her bedroom is on the front or back side of the house? she gets kidnapped the one morning she's up at 4:30am studying for a test. wondering if there was a window view into the house where a hunter or newspaper delivery guy could have happened by and seen her?

I don't have the answer to your question but it's a good one! 4:30 is still dark out and the lights may have been on. A stalker's dream.

My opinion only:
Right n/t, it must be Karen's mother's property (I assume a relation on Karen's side of the family)that confronted DS? Therefore,it is was a silly turkey hunting squabble which caused Holly's mother and Drew to hijack Holly's focus and distract Holly with a flurry of what amounts to piffling calls? That is a red flag to me. JMO

OK,here's the quote where Holly's Grandmother Bobo said she misses Holly coming to have lunch.
Link
"When she's gone to take a class, she'd come up at lunch time and stay long as she could with me," said Ruby Bobo.
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Ho...iversaryofHerDisappearance-147410715.html?m=y

Thanks for posting that second article. I hadn't seen it before.

I don't have the answer to your question but it's a good one! 4:30 is still dark out and the lights may have been on. A stalker's dream.

Outside dog and/or inside dog would have alerted. Both parents were home and one should have awakened if a stranger was near in my thinking.

There is one thing that I noticed in the narrative by KB submitted to reporters (no longer available online...hmm) It was said that Drew and his father were confronted prior to sunrise on the grandmother's property. I was always led to believe that the confrontation was later on because we were told he called holly around 7:30 and holly called KB over it. We were led to believe he was included in the "flurry" of calls between Holly, Clint and Karen.

Now this is at least a TWO hour gap in the timeline. If he were confronted as Karen said before dawn, why did he need to call Holly @ 0730 and complain to her (she had to call her mom)? My guess is he would have called Karen when he was confronted...no need to call Holly and Holly call her mother when her mother was at work.

Karen eluded early on to Clint that she had spoken to Drew early that morning and that man could not be Drew. She was very positive about that...but how long was it that she and Drew actually talked. If they did indeed talk then why the phone call to Holly concerning the same problem. Something is amiss here

Karen is at the center of all the calls.

1. Drew calls Karen to say he was confronted. Well, what happened after the confrontation before dawn. Did he leave the property or continue to hunt? I get the impression he left and was not happy. (gut reaction at play)

2. Clint calls Karen to ask who the people are outside of the house. This has to be odd at the very least...because I see no reason to bother your mother at work to ask her who is outside of your house while you are feet away. He claimed to have heard voices and the house dog was barking.

3. Holly calls her mother to complain about Drew telling her he and hid dad ran into trouble on gma's property. I want clarity on this and want to know if they left at the time of confrontation. As stated before, my money is on, they did.

3. The neighbor (350 yds. away) hears a scream and calls Karen. My question is why didn't she call the house. Why did she call Karen at work instead. Did she call the house and there was no answer? makes sense to me. It was also said her son heard the scream (not her) and he told his mother (grrrr)...don't get me started.

4. Clint calls his mother to find out if Holly has school because he sees her car. She tells him she has school.

5. Karen calls Clint and says, "Holly is not with Drew, I spoke with Drew earlier". Go get a gun and go after them. She tells him to do this when he told her they walked into the woods. I think this conversation happened as Karen was on her way home with the pastor's wife using the pastor's phone. She then calls 911.

...It will be important to know when the first call came in to Sheriff. I think we will find a discrepancy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES