TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19290159/sixteen-months-later-search-continues-for-holly-bobo

"There is a large-scale search scheduled for the weekend of August 25th. Williams would like to see 200 volunteers help comb several wooded areas outside of Parsons."

Channel 5 news. Interview

That's where I would look. It was rumored her books/papers were strewn out there near the school. She may have been disposed anywhere between the house and her school...mo.

I wish they would confirm if this is fact. <Mod Snip>..MO.

Am I now to believe the lunch bag was found near the school also? Wasn't the abandoned car with camo clothes and cell found near there? Do we have a picture of the exact spot for all these things? I doubt it. LE has to keep things close to their invisible vest..

<modsnip>

The lunch purse was found on D. Graves' property by his son. (Gooch Road.) I posted a photo of the area, here, about a week or so ago.

Here is my Holly map on Google: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en
It shows locations of the home, search areas, evidence found,etc.

Evidence Found ~ 4/24/11 near 100 Eaton Street, U.S. 641/Tennessee 69, Parsons TN
EASTER SUNDAY (This is un-named evidence. Some believe that the cell phone was located here.)

Warm Vehicle Found with Cell Phone Gloves & Camo ~ 4/15/11
386 Conrad Ridge Road, Parsons TN - on map

Holly's Lunch Bag & Duct Tape Found ~ 4/14/11 - on map
Gooch Road, Parsons TN

Karen Anne, thank you so much for keeping everyone updated on the search situation.

I think it is fairly safe to assume that the initial route of travel taken from the Bobo's residence was 5 Forks, Sulphur Spring, Bible Hill, Cub Creek, Gooch and beyond Gooch. Did he continue N on 1743? Or go E or W on Horny Head Creek? I think Horny Head Creek needs a closer look.

jmvho.

<Modsnip>

The church set up a booth inside the fair's agriculture building. There is a tip box in the booth where people can leave information, with no questions asked.
"Most of the time there is no one in this building, so it really is an anonymous tip," Dana Bobo explained.
My guess; the contents of the box will be examined by the family and the SAR group.
Also, tips can be left on a web site made by Southeast K9 SAR.

"If you have any information on the whereabouts of Holly Bobo.
Please fill out the form bellow even if you thank its something that isn't that important. You can remain 100% anonymous
There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return, and $85,000.00 For the arrest and convection of the person/persons responsible"

http://www.findinghollybobo.com/tips.html
That's a total of over a third of a million dollars !

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19290159/sixteen-months-later-search-continues-for-holly-bobo

"There is a large-scale search scheduled for the weekend of August 25th. Williams would like to see 200 volunteers help comb several wooded areas outside of Parsons."

Channel 5 news. Interview

The church set up a booth inside the fair's agriculture building. There is a tip box in the booth where people can leave information, with no questions asked.
"Most of the time there is no one in this building, so it really is an anonymous tip," Dana Bobo explained.
My guess; the contents of the box will be examined by the family and the SAR group.

Please fill out the form bellow even if you thank its something that isn't that important. You can remain 100% anonymous
There is a $250,000 Reward for her safe return, and $85,000.00 For the arrest and convection of the person/persons responsible"

Bump-they want 200 searchers. Has anyone reached out to admin here to see if this could go on the front page and/or on banners across the forums here on WS? I am happy to do it if no one else has had a chance to.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

No one has been named a suspect or POI in this case. No discussion of anyone including church members can be discussed as suspects or POI'S. If someone is in the media, you can discuss them with what we know thru the media. Rumors are not allowed.

Hope this helps, if you have other questions your more than welcome to pm me or any Mod here, we are happy to help.

Ima

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

No one has been named a suspect or POI in this case. No discussion of anyone including church members can be discussed as suspects or POI'S. If someone is in the media, you can discuss them with what we know thru the media. Rumors are not allowed.

Hope this helps, if you have other questions your more than welcome to pm me or any Mod here, we are happy to help.

Ima

It helps me very much and is cleared up for me, Thank you.

/Every time I see your name I think about corn.:)

Just a question-who would it benefit to release the 911 calls? I mean other than a curious public.
"Other than a curious public"? That's rather dismissive of the whole notion of WS, don't you think? Isn't this what we all are here, a curious public, a public seeking the truth and expecting accountability from those whose job it is to find it?

The 911 calls are crucial to anyone sleuthing this case, and for reasons known to all who know the case.

And anyone on WS sleuthing this case has only one goal: finding Holly Bobo.

"Other than a curious public"? That's rather dismissive of the whole notion of WS, don't you think? Isn't this what we all are here, a curious public, a public seeking the truth and expecting accountability from those whose job it is to find it?

The 911 calls are crucial to anyone sleuthing this case, and for reasons known to all who know the case.

Fair enough. I get you and others want the 911 calls to sleuth the case. I dont know why they are crucial. Perhaps you can share your thoughts about it?

We are the curious public and it is not dismissive at all. That is what we are. We want to know what LE has, right? Barring them telling us, which they havent and wont, what are the next steps or should we continue to ask for something we arent going to get?

I think releasing the 911 calls is cruel to those who called in. That is mho.

ETA: Everyone's goal is finding Holly, I would think, with the exception of the person who kidnapped her.

Fair enough. I get you and others want the 911 calls to sleuth the case. I dont know why they are crucial. Perhaps you can share your thoughts about it?

We are the curious public and it is not dismissive at all. That is what we are. We want to know what LE has, right? Barring them telling us, which they havent and wont, what are the next steps or should we continue to ask for something we arent going to get?

I think releasing the 911 calls is cruel to those who called in. That is mho.

ETA: Everyone's goal is finding Holly, I would think, with the exception of the person who kidnapped her.
We should always ask for what we want to know, whether we will be given it or not.

I am not going to summarize the many arguments for release of the 911 calls which have occurred in thirty-four threads. "Read above," as they say.

Or perhaps they're not "crucial." But we'll never know if we don't have them.

"Cruel to those who called in"? Not following. Anyone who called 911 that day, for better or worse, involved him- or herself in this case. Anything which could be construed as "cruel" could be redacted from the calls and their transcripts upon their release.

The 911 calls would

1) clear up once and for all who did or didn't call 911
2) when the various people called 911
3) what the callers actually told the 911 operator
4) was any information put out in the calls that has not been made public?

For example we have various reports saying Clint did or didn't call 911. He either did or he didn't. If he did, what did he say? Did he say he saw his sister being drug off? What did Holly's mom say when she called 911? Did anyone hint at a motive or suspect? What exactly did the neighbor say he/she heard coming from the direction of Holly's house? And when was that 911 call made? Was that the first call? Did the 911 operator indicate anything or instruct anyone to do anything?

The 911 calls would

1) clear up once and for all who did or didn't call 911
2) when the various people called 911
3) what the callers actually told the 911 operator
4) was any information put out in the calls that has not been made public?

For example we have various reports saying Clint did or didn't call 911. He either did or he didn't. If he did, what did he say? Did he say he saw his sister being drug off? What did Holly's mom say when she called 911? Did anyone hint at a motive or suspect? What exactly did the neighbor say he/she heard coming from the direction of Holly's house? And when was that 911 call made? Was that the first call? Did the 911 operator indicate anything or instruct anyone to do anything?
Thanks, Carla.

I'd also add a....

5) shine a light on LE's actions immediately after their hearing of the abduction

And that's why I believe the 911 calls have not been released. Just my humble opinion and all that.

bbm. Thanks wasn't enough! Amen to that!

I don't understand the reward. Sorry, there is no incentive there. It's for her safe return and not for information leading to Holly (dead or alive) and the arrest of the persons responsible. What kind of incentive is that if she's dead? Of course we all hope she's alive but statistics aren't on her side. Sad but reality.

If someone in the community knows something and has information that the person responsible harmed Holly and the person may have a criminal record or a history of violence why in the world would they risk their own lives by calling in a tip? They wouldn't get the reward anyway. Yes, it's the moral thing to do but when your life is at risk or your family's?

There is a search for Holly scheduled for August 25, 2012.

This search is being sponsored by South East K9 Search and Rescue.
The SAR group is looking for an additional 200 volunteers!
Please pre-register at www.southeastk9sar.org

If you have any information regarding Holly's disappearance or whereabouts, there is an anonymous tip jar at the Decatur County Fairgrounds until Saturday August 18, 2012.

Online tips may be submitted to tipstotbi@tn.gov and https://tips.fbi.gov/

I don't understand the reward. Sorry, there is no incentive there. It's for her safe return and not for information leading to Holly (dead or alive) and the arrest of the persons responsible. What kind of incentive is that if she's dead? Of course we all hope she's alive but statistics aren't on her side. Sad but reality.

If someone in the community knows something and has information that the person responsible harmed Holly and the person may have a criminal record or a history of violence why in the world would they risk their own lives by calling in a tip? They wouldn't get the reward anyway. Yes, it's the moral thing to do but when your life is at risk or your family's?

I was watching an episode of "Disappeared" the other night and they were interviewing a missing person's mom. She was very excited that they had gathered reward money. My friend Kathy, mother and grandmother of the Wix girls, feels a great comfort in knowing someone has donated a reward to find her girls. The feeling is that someone who knows the perp might be enticed by money. They will do whatever they can to find their loved ones. Anything.

I was watching an episode of "Disappeared" the other night and they were interviewing a missing person's mom. She was very excited that they had gathered reward money. My friend Kathy, mother and grandmother of the Wix girls, feels a great comfort in knowing someone has donated a reward to find her girls. The feeling is that someone who knows the perp might be enticed by money. They will do whatever they can to find their loved ones. Anything.

Hi Kimster,
How was the reward worded? Reward for information or Reward for the missing girls safe return? TIA

My point is if it's information for a missing person's SAFE return and sadly the missing person is dead, how does it entice someone to come forward with information if they won't collect the reward money?

I understand and agree that a reward offered for any information to finding the missing person may entice someone to come forward BUT if you add the word SAFE....I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne