TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't be offended by what I'm saying but here it goes. Maybe it was a true abductor that was just driving by? It happens Mickey's case. Or maybe she was involved with someone or it's an inside job. It still makes no sense to me sorry. Maybe im just stupid but why did her brother not chase after her? Was she waiking away or being drug away! Was her head hanging down? Was there blood anywhere else but carport?

In the case you mention, she was struck from behind by a truck while on her bike, and then assaulted by a guy with a gun and knife. She was away from her home , at night, biking home from a party or something, alone.

I don't see how you could just "drive by" the Bobo house and abduct someone. The house is not in town, and is set back waaaay far from the road. Seemingly the suspect did not drive up to the house via the long drive way either, so he most likely was on the backwoods logging roads that come up behind the property. You wouldn't just have that happen accidentally.

Clint said in a TV interview Holly and the suspect were just walking. No dragging, no leading. Just walking.

According to Clint the blood was in the garage/car port where he saw Holly kneeling with the suspect before he (later) saw them walking in the yard.

The visit by Elizabeth Smart is about the first/only outside "voice" the Bobo's have had. That should help draw attention to their plight. It would have been good to get someone on board over a year ago...

Elizabeth Smart, as is Mickey Shunick, is a warrior for the missing/murdered. The awareness that they provide for other families is an inspiration...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/22/kidnap-survivor-to-speak-up-for-holly-bobo/

JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) — Elizabeth Smart, who survived a nine-month-long kidnapping as a teenager, will appear at an event for a missing young Tennessee woman.

The Jackson Sun (http://bit.ly/PCyTnV ) reported the Smart family has been in contact with the family of Holly Bobo, who disappeared from her West Tennessee home on April 13, 2011. Smart and her father, Ed Smart, will appear at Scotts Hill High School to talk about their family's ordeal.

Smart was 14 when she was kidnapped from her Salt Lake City home in 2002. She was found nine months later within 20 miles of her home.

Holly Bobo was 20 when she disappeared from her home in Darden last year.

The appearance by Smart is free and begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the high school.

Great news about Elizabeth I came to post it ad happy to see its already here... Maybe this will drum up attention bringing Holly case back into the spotlight.. Moo is it can't hurt..

I am glad Elizabeth is coming...maybe Klaas Kids will be next. The more the merrier, IMO.

In the case you mention, she was struck from behind by a truck while on her bike, and then assaulted by a guy with a gun and knife. She was away from her home , at night, biking home from a party or something, alone.

I don't see how you could just "drive by" the Bobo house and abduct someone. The house is not in town, and is set back waaaay far from the road. Seemingly the suspect did not drive up to the house via the long drive way either, so he most likely was on the backwoods logging roads that come up behind the property. You wouldn't just have that happen accidentally.

Clint said in a TV interview Holly and the suspect were just walking. No dragging, no leading. Just walking.

According to Clint the blood was in the garage/car port where he saw Holly kneeling with the suspect before he (later) saw them walking in the yard.

Woah woah. I'm just asking. I so totally don't understand Clint's statement at all unless it was somebody he knew. If I saw my sister bending in the garage I would go out and check it out but that's me. I'm totally not blaming her brother either before you go there. Just trying to help figure this out. And yes I know Mickey was hit from behind in the dark on her bike. I'm saying this was in BROAD daylight and she had neighbors. Police solved Mickeys case just passing along hope.

Not sure I understand your post.

i was simply saying that the evidence seems to point to someone planning to abduct her. they didn't use a main road, they had camo on, they waited until she was alone, they led her through the woods, etc. after over a year of exhaustive searching they've found no body, so it doesn't seem like the perp's MO was to assault her and leave her, or to kill her and leave her (or we'd have found a body). given that the person only had twenty minutes or so before LE was on the scene, they would have had to be sloppy in hiding a body or if they assaulted her they would have left evidence (again, not enough time to clean up a crime scene). all signs point to simply abducting her.

i'm advocating for those close to her NOT being involved (as is often insinuated in these threads) because of the timeframe. some people have indicated the number of phone calls between family members seems suspicious but i still say it's not possible. she was verified ok around 7:40 and LE was on the scene around 8:00. there is no way anyone close to her had enough time to commit a crime against her and hide all of the evidence, then keep it hidden while their house was searched, then retrieve it and place it in various locations where her personal belongings were later found. those theories of her disappearance involving those four people make absolutely zero sense to me and fall apart when you examine what we know for certain.

Holly was abducted by someone she knew, or someone who knew someone she knew.

The abduction was predicated upon knowledge of a specific topic held by Holly.

The abduction's purpose was to guarantee her silence.

Actually, if we apply Occam's razor, the theory devolves down to this one:

Holly was abducted by someone she knew.

The abduction was predicated upon a specific past act.

The abduction's purpose was revenge.

Yes, two different little theories there. No matter how much I know about this case, my best take on the matter is merely a semi-informed guess, or guesses.

The abduction's purpose was revenge.

what makes you think revenge? i think NOT revenge because a revenge act would likely have ended at her car. why kidnap someone if you're out to silence her or to avenge some grievance? i agree it was someone who had at least seen her before. simplest guess is someone could have followed her home previously and then waited down the logging road one morning to grab her, etc.

what makes you think revenge? i think NOT revenge because a revenge act would likely have ended at her car. why kidnap someone if you're out to silence her or to avenge some grievance? i agree it was someone who had at least seen her before. simplest guess is someone could have followed her home previously and then waited down the logging road one morning to grab her, etc.

I would imagine it is to what degree someone wanted revenge, as really make someone pay by some sort of suffering. To watch them plead and be sorry for whatever happened between the two(maybe more) and get some sort of satisfaction out of it. I can think of nothing other than a broken heart along with some sort of mental anguish and hate that would motivate those kind of actions. Other reasons for revenge I can think of probably would result in her being killed on the spot or not far from home. I don't think it would be the first time someone hated the other that badly and blamed someone else even though the problem rested with them only.

/Not me by the way.

Good question. I would say that removing Holly from the scene would thus *advertiser censored* efforts to solve the act of revenge. (If indeed revenge was the motive at all, and c.)

I would imagine it is to what degree someone wanted revenge, as really make someone pay by some sort of suffering. To watch them plead and be sorry for whatever happened between the two(maybe more) and get some sort of satisfaction out of it. I can think of nothing other than a broken heart along with some sort of mental anguish and hate that would motivate those kind of actions. Other reasons for revenge I can think of probably would result in her being killed on the spot or not far from home. I don't think it would be the first time someone hated the other that badly and blamed someone else even though the problem rested with them only.

/Not me by the way.

good points. i can see where you're coming from. in either case i think the important distinction is that the perp's plan was to grab her and get her far away from the area around her house which is why there hasn't been much in the way of evidence found. i agree with the notion that the bag and other items found were very possibly planted by the perp but, if so, that would further indicate the perp is at least somewhat a local. if not planted by the perp, then it indicates he walked her six or more miles from home (field where her bag was found) before utilizing his getaway option (car, train, plane, whatever). to me that would indicate an extremely high level of planning and frankly an almost stupid level of daring (to be pulling someone reluctant along for miles and miles). i still side with the belief that those items were planted, the person is somewhat local, but not someone from her inner circle. just my 2 cents.

Good question. I would say that removing Holly from the scene would thus *advertiser censored* efforts to solve the act of revenge. (If indeed revenge was the motive at all, and c.)

excellent. further indicating the perp carefully planned the event. this further pushes away the theories of this being a random act.

excellent. further indicating the perp carefully planned the event. this further pushes away the theories of this being a random act.
I've never believed this was a random act.

I've never believed this was a random act.

gotcha, i didn't mean to insinuate you, i just meant there is a lot of chatter in these threads about it being a random act and i (and you) don't believe it was.

Folks, imo, the 16 month length of time that has passed since Holly Bobo's abduction, without an arrest or recovery, speaks volumes. Imo, the abduction was well planned and executed by an experienced sexual predator.

As far as the lunch bag being planted at the gooch road location. It would be reasonable to conclude that sirens and police cars were saturating the area from multiple directions as the perp was heading to his safe haven. The perp may have not known that he was witnessed or that 911 was promptly called. He may have ducked into the forested area by the creek to lay low til the smoke settled. Many folks want the 911 calls released. Imo, the dispatch made to DCSO that morning would prolly have been for a home invasion. DCSO, may have even passed Holly & the perp enroute without noticing them.
jmho

I think what frustrates me the most about this case is that it seems so solvable. Eyewitness, police were there immediately, evidence left, it HAD to be someone she knew or connected to her somehow. There is no reason this shouldn't be solved.

I am torn between thinking they have nothing OR they basically know who did it, but for some reason cannot move forward. Like, somehow the guy manufactured a convincing alibi and they cannot find any real evidence.

I think what frustrates me the most about this case is that it seems so solvable. Eyewitness, police were there immediately, evidence left, it HAD to be someone she knew or connected to her somehow. There is no reason this shouldn't be solved.

I am torn between thinking they have nothing OR they basically know who did it, but for some reason cannot move forward. Like, somehow the guy manufactured a convincing alibi and they cannot find any real evidence.

Darcyline, this is not a direct quote by Sheriff Wyatt, on 04/13/2011, but very close, 'crimes like this do not happen in towns like Darden, TN'..
I literally almost fell out of my chair when I heard this statement..

If you were a sexual predator, where would you hunt your prey?

Compare the media management by the LPD in the Mickey Shunick investigation to the TBI's media management in the Holly Bobo investigation.
Imo the answer lies within..

LPD utilized their most valuable crime fighting tool; the American public via the MS Media, whereas the TBI squandered this critical resource from day one, and continues to do so over 16 months later..

The sad & tragic thing other than, that Holly Bobo is still missing & the abductor has not being brought to justice after over 16 months. Sexual predators are recidivist and will usually continue their deviant behavior and escalate with each successful abduction/rape/murder...

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/19290159/sixteen-months-later-search-continues-for-holly-bobo

Search Continues For Holly Bobo Sixteen Months Later

Darcyline, this is not a direct quote by Sheriff Wyatt, on 04/13/2011, but very close, 'crimes like this do not happen in towns like Darden, TN'..
I literally almost fell out of my chair when I heard this statement..

If you were a sexual predator, where would you hunt your prey?

Compare the media management by the LPD in the Mickey Shunick investigation to the TBI's media management in the Holly Bobo investigation.
Imo the answer lies within..

LPD utilized their most valuable crime fighting tool; the American public via the MS Media, whereas the TBI squandered this critical resource from day one, and continues to do so over 16 months later..

just wanted to say i couldn't agree with you more. the only reasons to keep information out of the public are 1) to protect a victim 2) if the information will hinder your investigation 3) if the information could hinder prosecution.

more and more cases like this are solved every day when local law can admit they don't have the answers and can give some basic information to the public. sometimes it's just a matter of saying there's a person or vehicle of interest. sometimes it's one of these cold cases where they pretty much say "here's what we have, any ideas?"

good points. i can see where you're coming from. in either case i think the important distinction is that the perp's plan was to grab her and get her far away from the area around her house which is why there hasn't been much in the way of evidence found. i agree with the notion that the bag and other items found were very possibly planted by the perp but, if so, that would further indicate the perp is at least somewhat a local. if not planted by the perp, then it indicates he walked her six or more miles from home (field where her bag was found) before utilizing his getaway option (car, train, plane, whatever). to me that would indicate an extremely high level of planning and frankly an almost stupid level of daring (to be pulling someone reluctant along for miles and miles). i still side with the belief that those items were planted, the person is somewhat local, but not someone from her inner circle. just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. I doubt she was walked out of there. I can see where you see local, but not her inner circle. But I kinda see it was someone that was once in her inner circle thats responsible, maybe directly or indirectly. I can't get over how this was accomplished and how bold and calculated it was. I just have to believe there were powerful motivation involved. If it hadn't been for Clint she would have been gone possibly for hours before anyone knew, even though her school friends may of been looking for her when she didn't show. Sadly it turns out it didn't matter Clint was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne