TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whisperer, Who would have the nerve (or mad enough)to be on the Bobo carport argueing with Holly on that same Wednesday morning? about what?
What was the reason behind that person taking Holly off the property?
I'd like to hear someone's opinion of MOTIVE?
It had to be something really Big, imo..

I would like to know the answers to those questions also.

/I lol'd

BBM
Why would he be living there?...

EnBrown, I can't answer that. I do not know where D's Grandmother lived only what I read about D. staying with her.
All I know is what I read on the internet...where there's smoke there's usually some fire...hoping daily these answers will come soon.

Is there a link indicating they had broken up?

I missed that nugget in all of the media on Holly's case. Thank you!

Believe09, If I remember correctly, one of Holly's girlfriends said that.

Now it's either the truth or the girlfriend lied...so why would a close friend lie at a time like that??

BBM
Why would he be living there?

That's what I wondered. I asked for locals to fill in more info about this and
in the Parsons way, gave some convoluted answers or refused to.

SS, they told me is not Susan who lives in Union City, who's age of 61 seemed
to go with the age of the person depicted on fb.
However, I was assured his grandmother's name is Sandra and Susie is a "nickname".
Sure. Except Sandra Siglow who lived in Parsons, Tn would have been 92 years old if she hadn't died in 2008!

Now I don't know why these people lied about it. But, I think they did.

Great posts, everyone. Very thought provoking.

I really think the idea that Karen suspected who the abductor was and named him in the 911 calls explains a lot about the reactions that day (from many posters in the last few pages).
I do have a problem with one aspect of that scenario.

If Karen immediately told LE "X has my daughter, Holly was fighting with X who lives on Y road."
Wouldn't LE immediately try to track X down? As in send some cops within the hour to X's whereabouts, call X's cell phone, whatever to try to make contact with him? Even if LE didn't believe Karen, I think they would take that step. And if they took that step in a timely fashion, I am not sure person X could have gotten back into place, calmed themselves down, hidden their muddy boots or whatever quickly enough.
And if X were to be able to pull all that together, they would have to be a pretty cool customer to answer all the pointed questions that would come his way. LE friends say that most people give themselves away pretty well or even crack and confess to crimes right away when questioned. (Most, not all, of course)

I really think the idea that Karen suspected who the abductor was and named him in the 911 calls explains a lot about the reactions that day (from many posters in the last few pages).

If Karen immediately told LE "X has my daughter, Holly was fighting with X who lives on Y road."
Wouldn't LE immediately try to track X down? As in send some cops within the hour to X's whereabouts, call X's cell phone, whatever to try to make contact with him? Even if LE didn't believe Karen, I think they would take that step. And if they took that step in a timely fashion, I am not sure person X could have gotten back into place, calmed themselves down, hidden their muddy boots or whatever quickly enough.
And if X were to be able to pull all that together, they would have to be a pretty cool customer to answer all the pointed questions that would come his way. LE friends say that most people give themselves away pretty well or even crack and confess to crimes right away when questioned. (Most, not all, of course)

we are talking about local LE who in the ensuing chaos may well have interviewed a person who could've been surrounded by protectors, enablers.

And how do we know this person played it cool? :moo:

we are talking about local LE who in the ensuing chaos may well have interviewed a person who could've been surrounded by protectors, enablers.

And how do we know this person played it cool? :moo:

Exactly!. I could not have answered this any better myself:applause:

I wonder about that new construction the Bobo's had just prior to Holly's disappearance.
Someone involved with that would know the family's routine at the time of the abduction.

I'm not aware of "new construction." Can someone fill me in? New construction on their house? If so, this would be somewhat similar to Elizabeth Smart's case, as her abductor was a handiman working on her family's home. TIA.

wishuwerehere, I bet they're referring to the garage converted into interior living space(den).. If I remember correctly those conversions and add-ons(the outback attached garage/carport where Holly was parked that morning).. I believe all of those were done way prior to her abduction.. Maybe even more than a year?.. Again if I'm recalling correctly and if in fact that is what Tr is referring to..

someone may have a more exact time frame of when these conversions and additions were actually done on the Bobo home. Jmo.

How 'bout "you embarrassed me" "rejected me" ?

That's kinda what I'm leaning toward, without hinting at it too much. I think you'll find that you're not the only one thinking along those lines(and why I lol'd when I shouldn't)

Those two feelings can provoke some powerful reactions in people. Especially if the person has some sort of problem already.

That's kinda what I'm leaning toward, without hinting at it too much. I think you'll find that you're not the only one thinking along those lines(and why I lol'd when I shouldn't)

Those two feelings can provoke some powerful reactions in people. Especially if the person has some sort of problem already.

Ohhh, I gotcha. Didn't pick up on it. lol

Jealousy, abandonment, embarrassment, control...
ys

I am leaning more towards jealousy and control. It occurred to me that the sudden hysteria and panic from KB at school that morning, may have been the result of one of those phone conversations. I believe that the fear had just presented itself that morning, not from days before.

How 'bout "you embarrassed me" "rejected me" ?

ITA. I was thinking that maybe this didn't start out as an abduction. Holly could have been confronted in the garage because this person wanted to persuade Holly to either keep quiet about something or get back together.
She refused and this infuriated him.

<modsnip>

Those are very good questions and ones I have wrestled with before. I finally settled for a well established ongoing alibi. Something that started prior to Holly's abduction such as vacation or work out of town. I believe this would have required help from some other(s). The phone is something I'm kind of unsure about, but I believe you can buy a disposal phone at Wal-Mart that is referred to as a burner. I don't believe it's in going or out going calls are traceable. Therefore someone could of been anywhere and answered a call about their where abouts.

Days since Holly went missing........505
Days since last TBI press release.....499

Are you talking about a possibility that a stranger felt she rejected him? I was watching an ID show last night about how an acquaintance from high school stalked a woman for YEARS. I think it was 12 years. For all we know this person could have been from high school! :eek:

Have you guys relooked at RSOs in the area? Have there been any reports of rapes in the last year? Women escaping from a possible snatching? I'm thinking about the Kristi Cornwell case - and many others where there were foiled attempts at other crimes the perp tried to commit.

Is there a strange person with women followers anywhere around like in Elizabeth Smart's case=?

Also, check the UID forum for remains in that area. He may have done this before to women who have yet to be identified.

There's a lot of sleuthing to do here!

Are you talking about a possibility that a stranger felt she rejected him? I was watching an ID show last night about how an acquaintance from high school stalked a woman for YEARS. I think it was 12 years. For all we know this person could have been from high school! :eek:

Have you guys relooked at RSOs in the area? Have there been any reports of rapes in the last year? Women escaping from a possible snatching? I'm thinking about the Kristi Cornwell case - and many others where there were foiled attempts at other crimes the perp tried to commit.

Is there a strange person with women followers anywhere around like in Elizabeth Smart's case=?

Also, check the UID forum for remains in that area. He may have done this before to women who have yet to be identified.

I don't know a lot about psychology...
If someone stalks one person, and something happens to take that person out of the equation (moves far, dies, stalker loses interest), does the stalker start stalking someone else? Or that person is just not a stalker anymore?

I ask this because when I was in HS, there was someone who was sorta stalking me during school hours. It turned out he was just an intense person looking for a friend. When I went to the principal to express my concern, before I named the subject, the principal said, "Oh, you must be talking about "Smith"" Yeah, he usually does this to someone for a month, then moves on to another person."

So, if stalkers "move on", is it possible the perp is obsessed with someone else right now?

Or, if this was jealousy/control issue is that person currently (or in the past) had problems with domestic violence people other than Holly?

There are a couple of precarious individuals with dubious pasts that were arrested recently that have the Parsons, TN, Cajun net flourishing with rumors. One has a $60, 000.00 Bond & the other has no Bond.
Problem is, with the exception of the actual arrests, the other info is only speculation & rumor at this time and can't be discussed.
Background checks on these individuals are hair raising to say the least..

I haven't been following this case for awhile and I just spent a few minutes catching up on everything being said. There are two things that really stick out to me and I hope this case may be gaining some momentum and people are trying to strike while the iron is hot.
The first thing is Elizabeth Smart speaking at the local school. I would like to say that I believe she is an amazing asset, advocating for the missing that are out there. At the very least, she is a beacon of hope for all of the people missing their loved ones.
If I was asked to pick one case that desperately needed some advocacy, it would be this one. I say that because this case started with every possible advantage one could think of and most of it seemed to be squandered away (witnessed abduction- the neighbor hearing a scream and CB seeing HB walk away, timely LE response, heavy media coverage, direction of travel into the woods, limited escape routes, evidence left at the crime scene and around the community and large volunteer turnouts.) Now compare that to where this case is now (who, what, where, when, why and how?) I think at best LE may only know who is involved and how they got away. Without knowing what happened, where they went, when they got there and why it happened, there isn't much of a case.
Having said all of that, there is one thing that I think is encouraging and that is the recent searches using professional SAR and some volunteer searches in the north end of the county and into the next county. I don't only say that because of the searches themselves, but because of the general location. I know I am not the only one who thought the Easter Sunday find was possibly planted to move searchers to another area. The main reason being looking at this map of the original volunteer searches (we should remember these areas are estimates, not hard facts) - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae
In the week leading up to 4/24, many searches were focused all around where the Easter find was. On 4/22 searches moved north into the next county. On 4/23 searches were back to the Easter find area. It seems a little coincidental to have evidence found where you have been looking, only after you concentrate on another area. After the Easter find, searches moved east toward the river and then searches ended. I think that is a bit of insight into what LE was thinking less than 2 weeks into the case.
There could be nothing to it and it is coincidental, but it is something I have thought about since the beginning. Let's hope this case keeps moving toward an outcome and doesn't get any colder than it already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne