TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a dog would drag a Lunch Purse eight miles away.

I don't think she dropped it, I think the perp threw it out on purpose to either get rid of evidence that Holly was in his vehicle or he threw it out to throw off LE.

...Perhaps, but even if he didn't, we know he led the victim away through the woods. This is someone familiar with those woods, around the victim's property. Someone poised in those woods early in the morning. A hunter who stalked his prey. Someone who evidently waited for the father to leave, but who pounced on the victim with the brother (and mother?) still at home and both quite capable of dialing 911. He had every risk of being observed immediately and incurring an immediate call to the police. He couldn't know the brother would wait an hour or whatever the case may be. He had to be confident he could escape the potentially imminent arrival of the police within what? Five or ten minutes or whatever the probable immediate response time would be. Looking at Hollye's map, I don't see any other service roads behind or adjacent to the Bobo's house. If he had a getaway car, he would had to have parked it further along on Swan Johnson toward 5 Forks Rd where there is nothing but trees and no witnesses. Whether his intent was to do harm to her following the abduction, or to kidnap her to some destination, one would think he would have had to have confidence in a relatively short traverse to his home if he didn't have a waiting vehicle. Presumably he is young enough of build and appearance to be initially mistaken by Holly's brother as a boyfriend. Imo.

I have no way of verifying if this is real or not but here is a video made by a young man who claims to have been on the search, describing the conditions. He is extremely careful to not give any details of what they found.

Personally, I find him believable but take it for what it's worth.

<modsnip removed link - video no longer available.>

I cant watch the video here at work. Does he mention anything we dont already know?

Many of the searchers are young women.
They think an ATV might have been hidden in the woods around her house and used as a getaway.
And ATV may be hidden in a secured storage area now.
JMO

Then why are they looking at the ATV trails in Nachez? I considered he hid it at his house, then took the car, but...then reconsidered and thought he had a trailer behind the car or put it into the bed of his truck, drove to the trails in Naches and went into the wilderness on the ATV.

OK, now I'm officially confused.

...Perhaps, but even if he didn't, we know he led the victim away through the woods. This is someone familiar with those woods, around the victim's property. Someone poised in those woods early in the morning. A hunter who stalked his prey. Someone who evidently waited for the father to leave, but who pounced on the victim with the brother (and mother?) still at home and both quite capable of dialing 911. He had every risk of being observed immediately and incurring an immediate call to the police. He couldn't know the brother would wait an hour or whatever the case may be. He had to be confident he could escape the potentially imminent arrival of the police within what? Five or ten minutes or whatever the probable immediate response time would be. Looking at Hollye's map, I don't see any other service roads behind or adjacent to the Bobo's house. If he had a getaway car, he would had to have parked it further along on Swan Johnson where there is nothing but trees and no witnesses. Whether his intent was to do harm to her following the abduction, or to kidnap her to some destination, one would think he would have had to have confidence in a relatively short traverse to his home if he didn't have a waiting vehicle. Presumably he is young enough of build and appearance to be initially mistaken by Holly's brother as a boyfriend. Imo.

A motivated determined preplanning perp acts with a whole lot of adrenaline!
We don't know, but I usually have the tv or radio on when I'm at home.
Holly's parents were gone.
Maybe the brother just saw what he thought was her boyfriend and didn't hear anything because he was listening to music/tv.
This perp knew what he was doing.
I don't think he is very young at all.
Just doesn't fit with his determination and skill level.
If it were a "heat of the moment" thing, I think he would have been caught by now.
JMO

I cant watch the video here at work. Does he mention anything we dont already know?

I didn't listen to all of it, but no, not really. Except that he was told not to talk to the media... So he does a spot on youtube? :waitasec:

I believe they have no idea who the perp is.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here. Been following along here since Friday. You guys do a great job btw.

SNOWINMEMPHIS I totally agree. I think they have no idea who took her. I know there was a rumor of a Hamilton county tag in the area at the time of the abduction. I'm next to that county and I keep thinking what if he happened to leave the county with her. I have barely heard anything here about her abduction.

I'm also thinking the search of the lake is a "just in case" thing. Don't know why they waited so long to search a body of water so close to the abduction site though.

On the youtube, I thought 2 comments seemed significant. @about 6:05 and again @ about 7:45.

The young man on youtube seems genuine to me.
I know he said he lives in Adamsville and I am very familiar with people there also.
He said that "keep doing what you are doing Holly".
That's all that keeps the searchers going.
I believe she is still alive and being kept and has left clues behind.
LE is going back into the search areas at night.
He is right about that.
I think they are using nite vision but I also think the perp has them also.
IMO, the abductor is in this for the longhaul and he is dug in deep and they have no idea who he is, or where he is, except that he is a survivalist that is going to be hard to find.
JMO

Welcome, DNeecie! :seeya:

Wow, can't believe you haven't heard much over there in a nearby county... that's a shame.

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here. Been following along here since Friday. You guys do a great job btw.

SNOWINMEMPHIS I totally agree. I think they have no idea who took her. I know there was a rumor of a Hamilton county tag in the area at the time of the abduction. I'm next to that county and I keep thinking what if he happened to leave the county with her. I have barely heard anything here about her abduction.

I'm also thinking the search of the lake is a "just in case" thing. Don't know why they waited so long to search a body of water so close to the abduction site though.

Hi DNeecie :greetings:

:welcome:

Ima

This whole town will be heartbroken if she is not found alive. As well as many others, of course.

Welcome, DNeecie! :seeya:

Wow, can't believe you haven't heard much over there in a nearby county... that's a shame.

Thanks!

I know. It is a shame. There has just been some here and there. Nobody is even reposting the Missing info on FB.

That was an interesting video....very emotional young man as I am sure after searching one would be.
I am not sure what to make of it other than he said they were told not to speak to media so he did not feel that was who he was speaking to on his video.

I also just saw a brief clip on our channel 5 out of Memphis and definitely saw a dog being used or preparing to be used in the search!! Praise the Lord.

:seeya:Hi there!
I think they are just checking the lake to show that they have done so. Possibly looking for her textbooks or some other discarded evidence?
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members