TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pix of the house and area - but one question....there is a picture of Holly with another woman and a dog (cute pup!) and the caption says it's her sister...???? Is it actually her cousin, Whitney? Or does she have a sister???

Hi - As far as I know, she only has an older brother. Probably just a good friend. I know that many kids on FB say someone is their sister (my daughter who is 15 does it all the time). That is not her cousin, Whitney. She is in pic above that.

IMO I really am leaning toward LE knowing a whole heckuva alot and when I say alot i mean IMO they know pretty certain who it is that abducted Holly.. I think presently there is a rhyme to the reason for some of the moves that LE is making[i.e the roadblocks heavy locally as well as seemingly some widespread to even the I40 exits.. as well as their retracting certain items as well as portions of what exactly took place that morning..and including some of the statements made by important people early on]..IMO they definitely have reason and it is possibly to give the perp a false sense of security that LE is no where near sniffing out the correct direction of the truth..

Only time will tell of course but my gut instincts have very much started to kick in here with this case..I will wait til we see more of this case played out before over stepping any boundaries and giving my entire opinion..

One major thing that has never left the forefront of mind is the brother's initial statement that when he initially saw Holly outside of the home he was in no way suspicious but rather saw nothing out of place with whom he thought[and he did get a visual]was Holly's boyfriend..This IMO is the reason for the passage of time with no 911 call immediately..Why would he when he saw what he thought was his sister outside talking with her boyfriend??..IMO it was only later when he heard loud voices[stated as arguing in an article]that he actually went outside to see exactly what was going on IMO it was at that time that he saw the blood on the carport and could not locate his sister anywhere within sight..IMO this is when 911 was called by the brother and IMO this is the first time that he was alarmed that there was any danger taking place outside of his house involving his sister..

And I think dad's statement at the presser is accurate that he felt it is someone close that did this..someone that knew their schedules..knew Holly's schedule and just what time she'd be out front of her home leaving for school...

all jmo

One more thing...when you look at the ariel or satellite images, it appears as if it is a green jungle in tha area. This time of the year, everything is just starting to "green up". Its not as bad as it appears right now. To someone not use to be in the woods very much, I guess it would still be bad. But, to someone, like a hunter, the woods are not dense yet, they are still kind of "open". I see people on here talk about broken twigs, their trail where they went thru the woods and etc, its not that easy. Someone, or two or 3 people could very easily walk thru the woods right now and you wouldnt be able to find where they went. The best bet is if the went thru a muddy area and you could see their track impressions as long as they werent rained away. Two sets of tracks and one not wearing boots would stick out like a sore thumb in an area like that.

One more thing...when you look at the ariel or satellite images, it appears as if it is a green jungle in tha area. This time of the year, everything is just starting to "green up". Its not as bad as it appears right now. To someone not use to be in the woods very much, I guess it would still be bad. But, to someone, like a hunter, the woods are not dense yet, they are still kind of "open". I see people on here talk about broken twigs, their trail where they went thru the woods and etc, its not that easy. Someone, or two or 3 people could very easily walk thru the woods right now and you wouldnt be able to find where they went. The best bet is if the went thru a muddy area and you could see their track impressions as long as they werent rained away. Two sets of tracks and one not wearing boots would stick out like a sore thumb in an area like that.

Yet one article said it was so dense in there that a search dog had to be carried...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed,

Just wondering if there is there anyway to link WS poster Hollye' great map (it's a work-in-process - it's beautiful) to the Original Post of each of Holly's threads - so that Mods starting new threads would include the link to Hollye's map at the top of each of Holly's threads?

It's a really excellent map - and Hollye works on it every day ... so far

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=218199748434644937742.0004a0e4115bf271e54ae&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.679217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

What do you think?

You to Hollye - would that work for you?

:gomods:
That's a GOOD map!

are the trees pine trees? Pine needles on the ground in the wooded area besides leaves?

in my area VA, a lot of pine trees and the needles are in some areas 5 inches thick on the ground.

One could hide something on the ground and if you didn't know the right spot, you could miss it. Especially if leaves were on top of the needles.

If he did not park in the drive way, I believe he parked in th small area by the pond. See what appears to be a dirt road off the main road that leads to that area?? Then he could walk along the pond to that, what appears to be a clear cut area, by her house. Then straight up to her house. He wouldnt even really have to walk thru any woods. If he did that, her shoe prints would be easy to see in some of that area.

Looking at the map, I cant believe one of the neighbors heard her scream. Is there any neighbors closer than what is pin pointed on that map?

Lots of strange aspects to this case, and all of them stem from the the story (or stories) told by the brother. Remember, his word alone identifies this as a home invasion/abduction. There is no one else to verify or refute his account.

News reports initially said that the brother watched his sister being dragged into the woods. I realize there has now been a concerted effort to dismiss this as resulting from confusion over verbiage, but does law enforcement normally do that? Don't they usually place great stock when someone changes a key term like that, or claims they were misunderstood (or that they were exagerating, as some reports have indicated the brother and the mother both reported, in order to get the police to act quickly)?

The brother is looking out the window, for unclear reasons, at a time where he happens to see his sister being "led" into the woods. What made him look out the window at that moment? Why wouldn't he be just the least bit suspicious of his sister taking off for the woods with any man (even a boyfriend) at that time of the morning, when she is supposed to be getting ready to leave for school?

Then there is the belated discovery of blood- not reported at all in any early stories. The blood had to have happened in some manner (stabbing, blow of some kind) that should have warranted some kind of shouting or screaming from the victim. The brother didn't report hearing any. Unless she'd already been injured and was unconscious (and being led away from the house), this makes no sense. But it makes no sense then, either, because the brother should have seen someone carrying his unconscious sister away, shouldn't he?

Another element that I find curious is the fact a 20 year old woman was carrying a "lunchbox." I've never heard of a female that age doing such a thing. Am I that out of touch? And why would she have that with her, during a stroll in the woods? Again, makes no sense.

I don't claim the brother is guilty of anything, but this whole account is ridiculous. He was rightfully blasted all over the internet initially, when his own reported testimony had him watching his sister being abducted without attempting to intervene, except by calling 911. Later stories claimed he was an avid hunter and thus had a gun, which makes such a passive response even more unbelievable. I can't help but feel that these updated stories are a clear attempt to publicly make the brother look better. I'm sorry, but in my mind, because the scenario is based exclusively on what he said, and that has not only changed significantly, but has never been the least bit plausible imho, I think the authorities need to concentrate on him.

Lots of strange aspects to this case, and all of them stem from the the story (or stories) told by the brother. Remember, his word alone identifies this as a home invasion/abduction. There is no one else to verify or refute his account.

News reports initially said that the brother watched his sister being dragged into the woods. I realize there has now been a concerted effort to dismiss this as resulting from confusion over verbiage, but does law enforcement normally do that? Don't they usually place great stock when someone changes a key term like that, or claims they were misunderstood (or that they were exagerating, as some reports have indicated the brother and the mother both reported, in order to get the police to act quickly)?

The brother is looking out the window, for unclear reasons, at a time where he happens to see his sister being "led" into the woods. What made him look out the window at that moment? Why wouldn't he be just the least bit suspicious of his sister taking off for the woods with any man (even a boyfriend) at that time of the morning, when she is supposed to be getting ready to leave for work?

Then there is the belated discovery of blood- not reported at all in any early stories. The blood had to have happened in some manner (stabbing, blow of some kind) that should have warranted some kind of shouting or screaming from the victim. The brother didn't report hearing any. Unless she'd already been injured and was unconscious (and being led away from the house), this makes no sense. But it makes no sense then, either, because the brother should have seen someone carrying his unconscious sister away, shouldn't he?

Another element that I find curious is the fact a 20 year old woman was carrying a "lunchbox." I've never heard of a female that age doing such a thing. Am I that out of touch? And why would she have that with her, during a stroll in the woods? Again, makes no sense.

I don't claim the brother is guilty of anything, but this whole account is ridiculous. He was rightfully blasted all over the internet initially, when his own reported testimony had him watching his sister being abducted without attempting to intervene, accept by calling 911. Later stories claimed he was an avid hunter and thus had a gun, which makes such a passive response even more unbelievable. I can't help but feel that these updated stories are a clear attempt to publicly make the brother look better. I'm sorry, but in my mind, because the scenario is based exclusively on what he said, and that has not only changed significantly, but has never been the least bit plausible imho, I think the authorities need to concentrate on him.

Unfortunately, we have no idea what the lunch box looked like. However, there are adult lunch boxes. H was on her way to her car to attend class - taking her lunch made sense.

I have seen mentioned in comments on articles (and it makes sense to me) that the brother looked out the window because the dog(s) barked. That sounds logical.

The boyfriend is a hunter. It is turkey season. It wouldn't be uncommon for him to be hunting at that time, in that area. The family friend said on Nancy Grace Tuesday night that the brother thought maybe Holly was going over to look at a bird her boyfriend had shot. Not that she was going to be gone into the woods, just talking to him for a few minutes and leaving.

I had also heard and a cousin also claimed yesterday, (was on Nancy Grace) that the brother took and passed a polygraph the day Holly was abducted. If true that would explain the police so quickly declared him "not a suspect" in the beginning. Not that they haven't done that in the past with people who have turned out to be guilty.

However, the brother is not a suspect and at this point I see no reason to think he did anything. There just wasn't time to cover it up and have them not find her by now.

If she was grabbed and put into a choke hold immediately, she may not have had a chance to scream. If he had a knife he may have accidentally cut one of them. Or if he just put his hand over her mouth and told her he'd kill her if she screamed.

Holly was in nursing school and that day we were told had a test. Many people don't have time to actually leave and go to lunch and will take lunch with them.

The brother is looking out the window, for unclear reasons, at a time where he happens to see his sister being "led" into the woods. What made him look out the window at that moment? Why wouldn't he be just the least bit suspicious of his sister taking off for the woods with any man (even a boyfriend) at that time of the morning, when she is supposed to be getting ready to leave for school?

I don't claim the brother is guilty of anything, but this whole account is ridiculous. He was rightfully blasted all over the internet initially, when his own reported testimony had him watching his sister being abducted without attempting to intervene, except by calling 911. Later stories claimed he was an avid hunter and thus had a gun, which makes such a passive response even more unbelievable. I can't help but feel that these updated stories are a clear attempt to publicly make the brother look better. I'm sorry, but in my mind, because the scenario is based exclusively on what he said, and that has not only changed significantly, but has never been the least bit plausible imho, I think the authorities need to concentrate on him.

I have seen mentioned in comments on articles (and it makes sense to me) that the brother looked out the window because the dog(s) barked. That sounds logical.

The boyfriend is a hunter. It is turkey season. It wouldn't be uncommon for him to be hunting at that time, in that area. The family friend said on Nancy Grace Tuesday night that the brother thought maybe Holly was going over to look at a bird her boyfriend had shot. Not that she was going to be gone into the woods, just talking to him for a few minutes and leaving.

I had also heard and a cousin also claimed yesterday, (was on Nancy Grace) that the brother took and passed a polygraph the day Holly was abducted. If true that would explain the police so quickly declared him "not a suspect" in the beginning. Not that they haven't done that in the past with people who have turned out to be guilty.

However, the brother is not a suspect and at this point I see no reason to think he did anything. There just wasn't time to cover it up and have them not find her by now.

If she was grabbed and put into a choke hold immediately, she may not have had a chance to scream. If he had a knife he may have accidentally cut one of them. Or if he just put his hand over her mouth and told her he'd kill her if she screamed.

Holly was in nursing school and that day we were told had a test. Many people don't have time to actually leave and go to lunch and will take lunch with them.

LE said nobody has been cleared in this case. LE never publicly calls ANYONE a suspect anymore regardless, due to legal ramifications.

Great pix of the house and area - but one question....there is a picture of Holly with another woman and a dog (cute pup!) and the caption says it's her sister...???? Is it actually her cousin, Whitney? Or does she have a sister???

on the cbs 48hrs site(no link, too early and no coffee yet) they have a photo collection in which this girl is show in some of the pictures. it is not whitney duncan - i dont know who it is, i just figured it was family of some kind. good question tho, i would like to know too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme