TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clu has referred to the Jenni-Lyn Watson case several times now as similar and I totally agree. Jenni-Lyn was the same age as Holly, and went missing the weekend before Thanksgiving last fall while home on a break from college. She was found 8 days later, and her very recent ex-boyfriend has been charged with her murder. The difference in discussion and speculation was that it was established early on that Jenni-Lyn had indeed recently ended an engagement and that it had not gone well.

In this case I think the confusion about ex's is that perhaps there may have been a VERY recent break-up, or attempt to set distance in a relationship that perhaps was not as formal as a so-called break-up, and so it was not really clear to any friends or family if it was on or off. Maybe even the couple themselves weren't sure of their status. I think that is not unusual at all in relationships, especially in young folks. This might explain why it hasn't really been clear if or who were Holly's current or ex boyfriends.

Please know I am not accusing anyone of involvement here, just trying to understand the confusion I have felt and make some sense of something so senseless.

Hi CoCo ,

I think LE should have given a polygraph to the parents the bro and the BF at the very beginning of this thing if they would have done this last wed it would either rule them out or rule them in.. Maybe they did give a poly and they all failed and thats why they were added back into mix.LOL who knows

JMO

In the Kyron Horman case they all took polys
same with Haleigh cummings they all took one
Hailey dunn

Why not this one?
I am not blameing anyone just would like to see some players ruled out is all.
JMVOO

I'm loosing more & more hope as the days go by...... :(

I am too, I hate feeling that way. I was good until I read the forensic astrology thread.

Her mother reminds me of Tabitha Cardenas (Juliani's mom). Which knowing the outcome of that case makes seeing her and her pain just heartbreaking.

It also makes me feel awful for not being able to be more hopeful. Like I am not doing my tiny little part.

Clu has referred to the Jenni-Lyn Watson case several times now as similar and I totally agree. Jenni-Lyn was the same age as Holly, and went missing the weekend before Thanksgiving last fall while home on a break from college. She was found 8 days later, and her very recent ex-boyfriend has been charged with her murder. The difference in discussion and speculation was that it was established early on that Jenni-Lyn had indeed recently ended an engagement and that it had not gone well.

In this case I think the confusion about exes is that perhaps there may have been a VERY recent break-up, or attempt to set distance in a relationship that perhaps was not as formal as a so-called break-up, and so it was not really clear to any friends or family if it was on or off. Maybe even the couple themselves weren't sure of their status. I think that is not unusual at all in relationships, especially in young folks. This might explain why it hasn't really been clear if or who were Holly's current or ex boyfriends.

Please know I am not accusing anyone of involvement here, just trying to understand the confusion I have felt and make some sense of something so senseless.

I think the BF's grandmother said they were engaged i wonder if that status changed?

In this case I think the confusion about exes is that perhaps there may have been a VERY recent break-up, or attempt to set distance in a relationship that perhaps was not as formal as a so-called break-up, and so it was not really clear to any friends or family if it was on or off. Maybe even the couple themselves weren't sure of their status. I think that is not unusual at all in relationships, especially in young folks. This might explain why it hasn't really been clear if or who were Holly's current or ex boyfriends.

I agree. I remember at the beginning of this case reading some news reports about boyfriends, ex-boyfriends and how she may have even broken up with the current boyfriend... all "heresay" and rumors that in my mind have never been adequately confirmed. It does not seem odd to my that the brother would see someone in camoflogue (sp) clothes and assume it was the boyfriend-- those who hunt go out early in the morning -- and maybe Holly and the boyfriend were going back and forth in the relationship. But all of this is just speculation.

As far as the lunch purse goes -- I used to live in metro NY and working in New York City and we had lots of delis, food carts, etc. around where I worked and the "culture" was to buy your lunch each day. Now I work part-time in a school in a small town in a rural area and most of the women have these soft-sided lunch totes (lunch purse) that they bring in each day packed with their lunch. Even Tupperware carries these types of totes -- they are quite popular.

I assume Holly was carrying her tote with her to the car when she was intercepted by the perp and did not have time to put it down.

Waves to everyone :wave: Just wanted to leave a random message here because I remember seeing a news report and I may have my officials mixed up. The police chief had ruled the boyfriend and brother out but the county sheriff would not rule out the boyfriend or brother and it turned into

Ruled out, Ruled in, Ruled out, Ruled in- Two different officials opinion.

So those saying the boyfriend and brother were ruled out are correct
Those saying the boyfriend and brother are not ruled out are correct also.

Everyone is right lol

Waves to everyone :wave: Just wanted to leave a random message here because I remember seeing a news report and I may have my officials mixed up. The police chief had ruled the boyfriend and brother out but the county sheriff would not rule out the boyfriend or brother and it turned into

Ruled out, Ruled in, Ruled out, Ruled in- Two different officials opinion.

So those saying the boyfriend and brother were ruled out are correct
Those saying the boyfriend and brother are not ruled out are correct also.

Everyone is right lol

Your point is spot on. That said (so well), lets us here in WS try to set that whole question/discussion on the shelf UNTIL... something "new and official" is released on either of those people. Once something new/official is released, we can go back at it.

I am too, I hate feeling that way. I was good until I read the forensic astrology thread.

Her mother reminds me of Tabitha Cardenas (Juliani's mom). Which knowing the outcome of that case makes seeing her and her pain just heartbreaking.

It also makes me feel awful for not being able to be more hopeful. Like I am not doing my tiny little part.

and according to that this is not going to have a happy outcome.

It was mentioned in passing on NG last night by fill-in host Debra Norville that a cousin has said that brother took and passed a LD the first day. Did not specify which cousin said this, although they were talking about the singer at the time.

It is possible he took one, although usually in smaller towns it takes a day or two to arrange it, noting from past cases. But either way, this is the only place we have heard it and no one was quoted directly and as usual, being that it was on NG, this tidbit was allowed to pass without anyone expanding on it.

If he did take one and is still not ruled out, that is curious. But it is even more curious if no one has taken one by now.

You would think they would have all taken poly's soon after she was kidnapped.

I wish we could get more info on the brothers initial statement and actions. What did he say exactly. Exactly why did he look out the window? If we could get those answers, I think everyone might feel better about the brother.

Was just thinking. Maybe the brother did say dragged into the woods but didn't mean literally. Maybe he meant 'persuaded'. Maybe I am reaching, but I can see me saying something like that if I felt like the person was leading someone into the woods and I thought they didn't really want to go. You hear it all the time in reference to a conversation. Two people have a heated discussion and then look to get someone else's opinion. That person says "Don't drag me into it".

Maybe by body language he could tell his sister didn't want to go, or maybe he was thinking the boyfriend was hunting and heading back into the woods to show Holly something. boyfriend was going back into the woods and dragging Holly along.

Just saying, the brother could have used the term dragged or dragging along and not meant it literally.

It was mentioned in passing on NG last night by fill-in host Debra Norville that a cousin has said that brother took and passed a LD the first day. Did not specify which cousin said this, although they were talking about the singer at the time.

It is possible he took one, although usually in smaller towns it takes a day or two to arrange it, noting from past cases. But either way, this is the only place we have heard it and no one was quoted directly and as usual, being that it was on NG, this tidbit was allowed to pass without anyone expanding on it.

If he did take one and is still not ruled out, that is curious. But it is even more curious if no one has taken one by now.

I agree!
Last night on NG it was like they were doing a show about Whitney Duncan not Holly BoBO. It was not the time nor place for publicity...JMO

heck i had never heard of her and i listen to country..

I liked Deb Norvell we didnt have all the grandstanding like Nancy does.
but alas i love Nancy cause she sure does her part for the Missing!!!

I was browbeaten and forced into taking a poly and even though i was scared as heck I passed with flying colors... so I do believe in them overall!

I wish we could get more info on the brothers initial statement and actions. What did he say exactly. Exactly why did he look out the window? If we could get those answers, I think everyone might feel better about the brother.

Was just thinking. Maybe the brother did say dragged into the woods but didn't mean literally. Maybe he meant 'persuaded'. Maybe I am reaching, but I can see me saying something like that if I felt like the person was leading someone into the woods and I thought they didn't really want to go. You hear it all the time in reference to a conversation. Two people have a heated discussion and then look to get someone else's opinion. That person says "Don't drag me into it".

Maybe by body language he could tell his sister didn't want to go, or maybe he was thinking the boyfriend was hunting and heading back into the woods to show Holly something. boyfriend was going back into the woods and dragging Holly along.

Just saying, the brother could have used the term dragged or dragging along and not meant it literally.

Thats probably what happend we tend to exaggerate when upset ...
but he is the last person to see her and his information is very important.

I wonder if Holly and the BF maybe broke up? That would be something to look into. She is a very pretty young woman and i cant imagine anyone would like loosing her? JMO Not blameing the bf there could be another bf who knowsLOL

I was browbeaten and forced into taking a poly and even though i was scared as heck I passed with flying colors... so I do believe in them overall!

Well it is used as an investigative tool. not to declare guilt or innocence but it does let LE know if your truthfull.

Heck id take one in a new york minute and i think if ya dont take one you have something to hide maybe?

Morning Carla its a beautiful day here in florida but i wish it would RAIN.

Yeah I about got a heat stroke last nite at tennis. I bet it was 100 on the courts.

I was going to do a scream test in the woods last nite but didnt get around to it. I may try today. I live in a wetlands preserve area so its very dense swamp and there are some vast empty areas with trails. I can use a pedometer to walk out some distances and see if my partner or a friend can hear me call out.

Well it is used as an investigative tool. not to declare guilt or innocence but it does let LE know if your truthfull.

Heck id take one in a new york minute and i think if ya dont take one you have something to hide maybe?

No and the tester was clear about how the test worked and was very good at explaining things and doing the pre test introduction, etc. The process is way more complex than you would think on TV and the whole episode was several hours long. And again, unlike TV, the questions they asked were no surprise because I answered them multiple times "off the record"... at the end they just rig you up with the electrodes, etc and ask again for the actual test. And unlike TV they didnt have the needle and paper machine but its all done on a computer. My polygrapher said the paper test was not widely used any more but it looked good on tv so you still see it there.

I knew I was innocent but was very scared. I was being accused of mailing steroids to an undercover police sting address. Out of the blue one day investigators just showed up at my house and started badgering me. Hence the test. But I passed the test, they kinda said sorry about that, and went back to Miami.

Good Morning all. Wanted to post NG transcripts. Sorry late on this. Ifell asleep before they got them up last night.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/19/ng.01.html
ALEXIS TERESZCUK, REPORTER, RADAROLINE.COM: Her cell phone is missing. Her purse is missing. There were reports that they were found but they`ve not been found. They`ve taken everything out of the house. So maybe there`s something on her computer that could give the authorities some clues about who did this.

But they haven`t found anything except this lunchbox of hers and the duct tape which again they haven`t said if it was definitely part of Holly`s evidence. But it`s really distressing that there`s nothing to go on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay