TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of strange aspects to this case, and all of them stem from the the story (or stories) told by the brother. Remember, his word alone identifies this as a home invasion/abduction. There is no one else to verify or refute his account.

News reports initially said that the brother watched his sister being dragged into the woods. I realize there has now been a concerted effort to dismiss this as resulting from confusion over verbiage, but does law enforcement normally do that? Don't they usually place great stock when someone changes a key term like that, or claims they were misunderstood (or that they were exagerating, as some reports have indicated the brother and the mother both reported, in order to get the police to act quickly)?

The brother is looking out the window, for unclear reasons, at a time where he happens to see his sister being "led" into the woods. What made him look out the window at that moment? Why wouldn't he be just the least bit suspicious of his sister taking off for the woods with any man (even a boyfriend) at that time of the morning, when she is supposed to be getting ready to leave for school?

Then there is the belated discovery of blood- not reported at all in any early stories. The blood had to have happened in some manner (stabbing, blow of some kind) that should have warranted some kind of shouting or screaming from the victim. The brother didn't report hearing any. Unless she'd already been injured and was unconscious (and being led away from the house), this makes no sense. But it makes no sense then, either, because the brother should have seen someone carrying his unconscious sister away, shouldn't he?

Another element that I find curious is the fact a 20 year old woman was carrying a "lunchbox." I've never heard of a female that age doing such a thing. Am I that out of touch? And why would she have that with her, during a stroll in the woods? Again, makes no sense.

I don't claim the brother is guilty of anything, but this whole account is ridiculous. He was rightfully blasted all over the internet initially, when his own reported testimony had him watching his sister being abducted without attempting to intervene, except by calling 911. Later stories claimed he was an avid hunter and thus had a gun, which makes such a passive response even more unbelievable. I can't help but feel that these updated stories are a clear attempt to publicly make the brother look better. I'm sorry, but in my mind, because the scenario is based exclusively on what he said, and that has not only changed significantly, but has never been the least bit plausible imho, I think the authorities need to concentrate on him.
Its probably one of those lunch bags people carry to work all of the time.

EXAMPLE:
http://www.pic-nic-backpack.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lunch-Bags3.jpg

Except Holly had a white one.

Re: previous comments on use of "suspect"

Police stopped using the term "suspect" after the Richard Jewel case, in which he was awarded $500,000 because he was named as a suspect, and, of course, he was innocent. They use the term suspect after an arrest but before an arrest, it's "person of interest." In reality, it means the same thing and can destroy the lives of innocents just as easily as using the term "suspect."

Skipping thru all the posts in this thread it seems some are saying her b/f's page is "private"? That can't be right cos I can read his wall & view all his photos..He has tons, btw, but all mostly of him 'hunting' & his 'kill'..For someone from the east coast who's never hunted, known a hunter, or had any desire to hunt, lol, I must admit these pix=:sick: No offense to anyone here! :)

Anyhoo, there's one album of his graduation with his family/friends but oddly NO Holly..In fact, she's not in any photo with him or alone except for his main FB page photo..Not even at his graduation but it seems they have been dating since last spring & that was June 1st, 2010 :waitasec:

There are some comments from her but just a very few..I do find this not the 'norm' for a dating couple which he claims to be in his constant reminders "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" throughout the entire 'wall' page..Again? :waitasec:

eta..WELCOME TO ALL NEWBIES!! :)

First time poster. Hope I don't break any rules. Just a comment on the "constant reminders 'in a relationship with...'" This is not a reminder. When you remove your "relationship status" then put it back on, that is when it indicates "in a relationship." From what I know of facebook this means breaking up and then getting back together.

:fireworks::wagon::fireworks::greetings:
First time poster. Hope I don't break any rules. Just a comment on the "constant reminders 'in a relationship with...'" This is not a reminder. When you remove your "relationship status" then put it back on, that is when it indicates "in a relationship." From what I know of facebook this means breaking up and then getting back together.

Re: previous comments on use of "suspect"

Police stopped using the term "suspect" after the Richard Jewel case, in which he was awarded $500,000 because he was named as a suspect, and, of course, he was innocent. They use the term suspect after an arrest but before an arrest, it's "person of interest." In reality, it means the same thing and can destroy the lives of innocents just as easily as using the term "suspect."

Shawn Adkins has been named a Person of Interest AND a suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
Sadly he's under arrest for nothing at this time.

I have seen mentioned in comments on articles (and it makes sense to me) that the brother looked out the window because the dog(s) barked. That sounds logical.

The boyfriend is a hunter. It is turkey season. It wouldn't be uncommon for him to be hunting at that time, in that area. The family friend said on Nancy Grace Tuesday night that the brother thought maybe Holly was going over to look at a bird her boyfriend had shot. Not that she was going to be gone into the woods, just talking to him for a few minutes and leaving.

I had also heard and a cousin also claimed yesterday, (was on Nancy Grace) that the brother took and passed a polygraph the day Holly was abducted. If true that would explain the police so quickly declared him "not a suspect" in the beginning. Not that they haven't done that in the past with people who have turned out to be guilty.

However, the brother is not a suspect and at this point I see no reason to think he did anything. There just wasn't time to cover it up and have them not find her by now.

If she was grabbed and put into a choke hold immediately, she may not have had a chance to scream. If he had a knife he may have accidentally cut one of them. Or if he just put his hand over her mouth and told her he'd kill her if she screamed.

Holly was in nursing school and that day we were told had a test. Many people don't have time to actually leave and go to lunch and will take lunch with them.

For 10 years my husband and I lived on a 110-acre farm. While where we lived was not as remote (we had a neighbor about 500 yards away one one side, the next neighbor was a half-mile away) we did have a long driveway like Holly's. Each room in the house had a large window in it to let light in and allow you to see the beautiful view.

The way we knew anyone was coming up the drive were the dogs-- they would bark whenever a car pulled in the driveway or even drove slowly on the road in front of the driveway. When a car (it's driver realizing he/she was driving in the wrong direction or had passed by the intended destination) would use our driveway as the turnaround, the dog would bark.

In turn, whenever one of the dogs barked, my husband and I would look out the window to see what was going on and/or who was coming up the driveway. If we were in the shower, or still in bed, we'd quickly throw on some clothes and go to the side of the house where the driveway is and look.

To me, it would make sense that the Bobo's would have at least one dog -- all of my neighbors did -- and the dog may have alerted Holly's brother to whomever had arrived. It would also make sense that he would have glanced out the window, saw Holly with someone dressed in camo clothes, and thought it was her boyfriend-- even if it was 7:30 in the morning. It would make sense to me that he may have done what he needed to do -- go to the bathroom, through on jeans and a t-shirt, get a cup of coffee -- then looked outside and realized something was not right.

We do not know the full facts, but the scenario I lay out above does make sense-- and it could have easily happened at my house.

IMO -- I don't believe the brother had anything to do with it or changed his story. I believe the confusion comes from heresay or a deliberate attempt by police to hide some of the facts to aid them in locating Holly -- as another poster mentioned, "lulling the perp into a false sense of security."

Ya know what!!!! There has been so much amiss in the brothers version of things that ppl are very confused about all this.

This guy was the last person to see his sister and all we have to go on is what he says. Dont ya think a poly would clear things up a bit let LE know if that was what he really saw that day? It would let this kid off the hook and maybe ppl wouldnt question everything he has said!

My god Mark Klass tooo a poly right away you would thing MOM DAD and BRO would take one just to let the investigation move along and find the right person
At least it would rule out three ppl the 3 ppl closest to her.

JMO nothing more!

Volunteers are reporting to the fairgrounds at 9 per Will Nunley.

I'm loosing more & more hope as the days go by...... :(

One week ago this morning whatever happened was happening about this time. Prayers for Holly, her family/friends, those searching, and law enforcement. Hope that today will be the day.

For 10 years my husband and I lived on a 110-acre farm. While where we lived was not as remote (we had a neighbor about 500 yards away one one side, the next neighbor was a half-mile away) we did have a long driveway like Holly's. Each room in the house had a large window in it to let light in and allow you to see the beautiful view.

The way we knew anyone was coming up the drive were the dogs-- they would bark whenever a car pulled in the driveway or even drove slowly on the road in front of the driveway. When a car (it's driver realizing he/she was driving in the wrong direction or had passed by the intended destination) would use our driveway as the turnaround, the dog would bark.

In turn, whenever one of the dogs barked, my husband and I would look out the window to see what was going on and/or who was coming up the driveway. If we were in the shower, or still in bed, we'd quickly throw on some clothes and go to the side of the house where the driveway is and look.

To me, it would make sense that the Bobo's would have at least one dog -- all of my neighbors did -- and the dog may have alerted Holly's brother to whomever had arrived. It would also make sense that he would have glanced out the window, saw Holly with someone dressed in camo clothes, and thought it was her boyfriend-- even if it was 7:30 in the morning. It would make sense to me that he may have done what he needed to do -- go to the bathroom, through on jeans and a t-shirt, get a cup of coffee -- then looked outside and realized something was not right.

We do not know the full facts, but the scenario I lay out above does make sense-- and it could have easily happened at my house.

IMO -- I don't believe the brother had anything to do with it or changed his story. I believe the confusion comes from heresay or a deliberate attempt by police to hide some of the facts to aid them in locating Holly -- as another poster mentioned, "lulling the perp into a false sense of security."

Morning all!

I think maybe Clint heard the door slam as Holly was going out and he looked out the window to see who left or who was comming back in! JMO

I think that the news reports could have botched their report. Maybe they spoke to soon and called it a home invasion. The brother did not necessarily have to use that wording. It could have been the media or even law enforcement. Also, we never heard the brother say she was being "dragged." Again this could be the media or LE words. Until we hear the 911 tapes we just don't know.

I always look outside my windows. That is typically the first thing I will do when I wake up in the morning. I use the restroom & then look outside the window. During my typical morning, it would not be uncommon for me to look outside my window even 2 times before I leave for work. I grew up in a household where my father always look outside the window. Watching wildlife or just wanting to be aware of the surroundings. I grew up in a military family, so I have always been taught to be aware of my surroundings.

The brother thought she was outside talking with her boyfriend, so this "strange man" really would not have been perceived at strange. As others have said, if it was turkey season, and her boyfriend (who the brother assumed she was talking with) was an avid hunter (you can tell from his fb site), then I really do not believe it would be that out of the ordinary for the brother to assume she was looking at what he caught. Especially when he believes she is with someone "safe" such as a boyfriend.

Lastly, I am 26 years old and take my lunch in my lunchbox to work every day. So again, not that weird to me. Also, if a neighbor is talking to me in the morning before work, I don't put my lunchbox in the car first, I already have it on my shoulder, so it would go with me.

I think she wasn't screaming, becuase maybe she knew the person, or she feared for her life. Or who knows, maybe, she initially did sream. We don't know. We don't even know if the blood is hers, so we cannot speculate that she was hit or knocked unconcious. JMO.

Lots of strange aspects to this case, and all of them stem from the the story (or stories) told by the brother. Remember, his word alone identifies this as a home invasion/abduction. There is no one else to verify or refute his account.

News reports initially said that the brother watched his sister being dragged into the woods. I realize there has now been a concerted effort to dismiss this as resulting from confusion over verbiage, but does law enforcement normally do that? Don't they usually place great stock when someone changes a key term like that, or claims they were misunderstood (or that they were exagerating, as some reports have indicated the brother and the mother both reported, in order to get the police to act quickly)?

The brother is looking out the window, for unclear reasons, at a time where he happens to see his sister being "led" into the woods. What made him look out the window at that moment? Why wouldn't he be just the least bit suspicious of his sister taking off for the woods with any man (even a boyfriend) at that time of the morning, when she is supposed to be getting ready to leave for school?

Then there is the belated discovery of blood- not reported at all in any early stories. The blood had to have happened in some manner (stabbing, blow of some kind) that should have warranted some kind of shouting or screaming from the victim. The brother didn't report hearing any. Unless she'd already been injured and was unconscious (and being led away from the house), this makes no sense. But it makes no sense then, either, because the brother should have seen someone carrying his unconscious sister away, shouldn't he?

Another element that I find curious is the fact a 20 year old woman was carrying a "lunchbox." I've never heard of a female that age doing such a thing. Am I that out of touch? And why would she have that with her, during a stroll in the woods? Again, makes no sense.

I don't claim the brother is guilty of anything, but this whole account is ridiculous. He was rightfully blasted all over the internet initially, when his own reported testimony had him watching his sister being abducted without attempting to intervene, except by calling 911. Later stories claimed he was an avid hunter and thus had a gun, which makes such a passive response even more unbelievable. I can't help but feel that these updated stories are a clear attempt to publicly make the brother look better. I'm sorry, but in my mind, because the scenario is based exclusively on what he said, and that has not only changed significantly, but has never been the least bit plausible imho, I think the authorities need to concentrate on him.

Clu has referred to the Jenni-Lyn Watson case several times now as similar and I totally agree. Jenni-Lyn was the same age as Holly, and went missing the weekend before Thanksgiving last fall while home on a break from college. She was found 8 days later, and her very recent ex-boyfriend has been charged with her murder. The difference in discussion and speculation was that it was established early on that Jenni-Lyn had indeed recently ended an engagement and that it had not gone well.

In this case I think the confusion about exes is that perhaps there may have been a VERY recent break-up, or attempt to set distance in a relationship that perhaps was not as formal as a so-called break-up, and so it was not really clear to any friends or family if it was on or off. Maybe even the couple themselves weren't sure of their status. I think that is not unusual at all in relationships, especially in young folks. This might explain why it hasn't really been clear if or who were Holly's current or ex boyfriends.

Please know I am not accusing anyone of involvement here, just trying to understand the confusion I have felt and make some sense of something so senseless.

Shawn Adkins has been named a Person of Interest AND a suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
Sadly he's under arrest for nothing at this time.

That is sad i hope they get something and put him away.
These little kids dont deserve all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member