TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the same article:
[snipped]

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/07/alleged-kidnapper-mom-3-girls-was-no-stranger/#ixzz1uCAZM0y0
GB and AM were planning to take the U-Haul to AZ the following morning, but they family wasn't moving there until sometime in May.

So, Mayes was staying in their home at the time of the kidnapping? If that's the case, why would GB wait for school to be dismissed to report their disappearance? Or did he report their disappearance after calling the school to find out if they were in attendance? Every report I read seems to present a different scenario of the circumstances prior to their kidnapping, and I'm confused.:confused:

I wonder why AM decided to do all this mess now, if they really had such plans.
Could it be that GB moved to AZ alone to prepare things for when the rest of family would move? I think reporters wrote something wrong, cause it's really too confusing.

Sure, I can see GB moving to AZ ahead of the rest of the family. Or just taking a load of stuff, thus making the final move easier for everyone. After all, with a family of 5, it is very likely that ALL their stuff was not going to fit in one UHaul. So GB would move as much as he could ahead of time (non-essential items).
My family did the same thing when we moved back here to MI from PA. We closed on the house in May, but school was not out until June. Also, my husband had to start his new job in MI in May. So we took a few loads on the weekends, then the last 10 days or so hubby stayed in MI and I stayed in PA so the kids could finish school and I could pack up the remaining stuff.
Granted, TN to AZ is a lot farther than PA to MI, but it makes sense to me.

So, Mayes was staying in their home at the time of the kidnapping? If that's the case, why would GB wait for school to be dismissed to report their disappearance? Or did he report their disappearance after calling the school to find out if they were in attendance? Every report I read seems to present a different scenario of the circumstances prior to their kidnapping, and I'm confused.:confused:

What time did GB wake up? If he woke up late enough, maybe he thought the girls had been taken to school and JB and Mayes were... I dunno. You're right. It's confusing.

It's really hard to speak some of the scenarios that could have been, like the cellphones, since they can be tracked to find them. But if JB wasn't leaving with the kids till mid May, why would she leave that day, why not wait till GB was gone to Arizona? It would have given her time to be gone before anyone noticed. I feel there's alot not being said that was going on in the home, just saying.

Peeps: we do not post about scanner chatter upstairs. If anyone would like a scanner thread for this case you can make one in the basement. That being said, what happens on the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread.

Another gentle reminder: please be very careful about posting rumors from facebook.

Thanks guys!

eta: I just made you a scanner link: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's really hard to speak some of the scenarios that could have been, like the cellphones, since they can be tracked to find them. But if JB wasn't leaving with the kids till mid May, why would she leave that day, why not wait till GB was gone to Arizona? It would have given her time to be gone before anyone noticed. I feel there's alot not being said that was going on in the home, just saying.

Well AM was going with GB that morning so one story goes.
Now if GB wakes up and no one is there isnt Gb suspicious? He is supposed to leave....
So no one is there he goes about his day and is alarmed when the girls dont get off the school buss.

So did he not wonder where his wife was all day?
Did AM call him with some excuse?
Makes no sense.

School lets out at that time!
Makes sense!

I'm so confused bc another article stated that JB and the girls had been in AZ since the end of 2011. Maybe they returned bc a family member was dying ( not just for a funeral) and reenrolled in school in TN?

I just went back to the beginning of this thread and looked at some news articles, jotted some notes. Nothing new, but just to help me keep track of some things at the beginning.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/tennessee/fbi-searching-for-missing-family-rpt-20120430
While Joann Bain's husband would not speak to us on camera, he did say the last time he saw Joann was around 1 am Friday, before they slept. When he woke up, the four were gone along with their SUV. Deputies found the truck on Monday.
Herron says the family talked about moving back to Arizona, where they previously lived.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/01/man-finds-missing-womans-van-after-seeing-wreg-story/
Monday, Gary Bain, Joann’s husband told us he wanted to wait to talk until Hardeman County deputies said it was ok.

But he did post a message on Joann’s Facebook page saying he loved her and the girls and “Please call or just come home. There is nothing we can’t work through together. We always have and I hope we always will.”

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-rpt-20120502
The sheriff says this investigation started after Joann Bain's husband alerted police, when the three girls didn't show up Friday after school.

Fox 13 checked Joann Bain's Facebook page, which shows a little activity, even accepting a friend request yesterday. But, Sheriff Doolen says it's not Joann. He says they do know who it is, and that's part of the ongoing investigation.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/02/man-wanted-in-connection-with-missing-family/
The Sheriff said he knows the uhaul was there and it was scheduled to go out that weekend.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sea...-mom-daughters/story?id=16270151#.T6LRnqr2SnY
Bain's Dodge Durango was found abandoned on a county road less than three miles from their home on Sunday.

Officers told Memphis' ABC24 News that they'd brought in Bain family friend Adam Christopher Mayes, 35, of Guntown, Miss., for questioning on Sunday. On Tuesday, investigators issued a warrant for Mayes, charging him with filing a false report based on statements he'd made to investigators about the Bain family.

I just went back to the beginning of this thread and looked at some news articles, jotted some notes. Nothing new, but just to help me keep track of some things at the beginning.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/tennessee/fbi-searching-for-missing-family-rpt-20120430
While Joann Bain's husband would not speak to us on camera, he did say the last time he saw Joann was around 1 am Friday, before they slept. When he woke up, the four were gone along with their SUV. Deputies found the truck on Monday.
Herron says the family talked about moving back to Arizona, where they previously lived.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/01/man-finds-missing-womans-van-after-seeing-wreg-story/
Monday, Gary Bain, Joann’s husband told us he wanted to wait to talk until Hardeman County deputies said it was ok.

But he did post a message on Joann’s Facebook page saying he loved her and the girls and “Please call or just come home. There is nothing we can’t work through together. We always have and I hope we always will.”

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/person-of-interest-in-missing-family-case-rpt-20120502
The sheriff says this investigation started after Joann Bain's husband alerted police, when the three girls didn't show up Friday after school.

Fox 13 checked Joann Bain's Facebook page, which shows a little activity, even accepting a friend request yesterday. But, Sheriff Doolen says it's not Joann. He says they do know who it is, and that's part of the ongoing investigation.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/02/man-wanted-in-connection-with-missing-family/
The Sheriff said he knows the uhaul was there and it was scheduled to go out that weekend.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sea...-mom-daughters/story?id=16270151#.T6LRnqr2SnY
Bain's Dodge Durango was found abandoned on a county road less than three miles from their home on Sunday.

Officers told Memphis' ABC24 News that they'd brought in Bain family friend Adam Christopher Mayes, 35, of Guntown, Miss., for questioning on Sunday. On Tuesday, investigators issued a warrant for Mayes, charging him with filing a false report based on statements he'd made to investigators about the Bain family.

Thanks for this..don't know how to clip out the part I want but thought it was interesting that they KNOW it was not JB accepting the friend request on FB...that is very telling but I don't know what about,lol.

not sure if this little factoid had been noted:

"Mayes is a family friend who was staying there that night to help the family pack and drive a U-Haul to Arizona the next day with Gary because the family was planning on moving there within the month," Helm said. "Gary was asleep at the home that night and woke to find them gone in the morning and the car gone. Mayes was gone too."

Read more: http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=16909#ixzz1uCT3p4ir

I'm so confused bc another article stated that JB and the girls had been in AZ since the end of 2011. Maybe they returned bc a family member was dying ( not just for a funeral) and reenrolled in school in TN?

LOL i read that one also!
None of this makes sense.

"Mayes is a family friend who was staying there that night to help the family pack and drive a U-Haul to Arizona the next day with Gary because the family was planning on moving there within the month," Helm said. "Gary was asleep at the home that night and woke to find them gone in the morning and the car gone. Mayes was gone too."

Was GB's initial reaction to think that JB went willingly with AM, and that's why he didn't report them missing until the girls failed to come home from school?

wonder what LE was searching for at GB's house on sunday!

not sure if this little factoid had been noted:

I believe that, maybe he didn't want to throw it out there that AM was in the home that night and said all four were gone, meaning her and the girls. Makes me believe something happened that evening or night and they left. Was it ever stated whether the girls were in school that day? I assume they weren't, but haven't heard.

Was GB's initial reaction to think that JB went willingly with AM, and that's why he didn't report them missing until the girls failed to come home from school?

It was odd that he would put that on her facebook, the message is gone now. I am wondering if he has access to her facebook page and maybe found some emails from AM in there and they had an argument.

I believe that, maybe he didn't want to throw it out there that AM was in the home that night and said all four were gone, meaning her and the girls. Makes me believe something happened that evening or night and they left. Was it ever stated whether the girls were in school that day? I assume they weren't, but haven't heard.

iirc one of the articles I read in the thread (sorry am just catching up on the case) said that after the girls didn't come home from school he called LE..

That being said, if he was supposed to leave with his buddy that day in the Uhaul didn't he find it fishy that his buddy, wife, and the car are missing?

I think we are missing large bits of information in this story imhoo.

eta: was AM upset that they were moving to AZ? (seems like he most certainly was passing the girls off as his daughters)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back